Subject: [6pack] Addco rear roll bar

From: John North via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:24:30 -0500

I bought the front and rear upgraded roll bars from TRF in a sale a
while ago and started install today.   The front looks fine, just a
straight swap,   But the rear made me stop and think a while.   It
installs through the spring perch, with a washer on each side of the
a-arm, then two rubber bushings, the roll bar and another rubber
bushing.   This has so much rubber in there, it doesn't seem like it
would work real well.   It also requires drilling the frame then
inserting u-clamps through one hole in the frame and out the other,
then attaching the bushings and clamps.

The instructions are written in poor English and don't mention some of
the parts that come with the kit.   There is a plate, for example,
that obviously goes with the bushing and clamp holding the bar to the
frame, but no mention of where it goes.   The best place would
presumably be inside the frame and under the u-bolt, but this is a box
frame and no way to get it in there.   Can't see that it would have
much value installed on the outside between the bushing and the frame,
but there's really no other way to mount it.

So has anyone installed this kit and have some advice?   How much
torque will the bar apply to the frame?   If I install it so that the
sandwich layers are u-bolt/frame/plate/bushing/bracket is that going
to hold up or will it just tear the frame.

Any experiences or advice would help

John North
1976 TR6
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack