Subject: [6pack] fuel problem

From: COLIN THOM via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 23:09:55 -0600 (MDT)

Patrick 

Argh. “Reseat”

Colin
----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Sat, 08 Sep 2018 12:00:01 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: 6pack Digest, Vol 46, Issue 5

Send 6pack mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Fuel problem (Patrick Bitton)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 10:19:31 -0400
From: "Patrick Bitton" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [6pack] Fuel problem
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Good afternoon everyone,

I seem to be having a problem with my fuel system. Ever since if filled up
my tank with gas, I've been having a fuel leak. I suspected that it was the
pump because fuel was dripping on the oil filter. I change the fuel pumped
and no fuel is leak there anymore. I start my car and it looked and sounded
great until I started to smell gas and the engine started to putter. I
looked to see where the leak was and fuel was leaking out of the
carburetor's breather connections of the left carb.

Does anyone know what can be going on?

Thanks,

Patrick

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20180908/f3678730/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
6pack mailing list
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

------------------------------

End of 6pack Digest, Vol 46, Issue 5
************************************

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

---

From: Patrick Bitton via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2018 15:49:16 -0400

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
Indeed the needle was stuck. 
I drained the gas from the carbs and blew some WD-40 and tapped the bowls with a small wrench and it work.
Needless to say that when I changed the oil, the viscosity of the oil was like water because of all the gas that made its way into the engine.
However, the car is now running REALLY rough. When I give gas, it start to putter and I have to pump the gas to get the revs up and then it will die.
I never had that problem. What can this be?

Thanks,

Patrick Bitton

[email-masked]

---

From: Andrew Uprichard via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 07:52:15 -0400

Maybe I am missing something (not uncommon), but I wouldn't have thought a
stuck needle valve would result in gas being dumped into the engine.  If
this is happening, I would think there is a problem with the gas pump.  I
don't know the TR6, but I imagine the mechanism is the same as the earlier
cars with a rubber diaphragm which can leak.

Do you think the problem may be your pump?

Andrew Uprichard
Jackson, Michigan

-----Original Message-----
From: 6pack [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Patrick
Bitton via 6pack
Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2018 3:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6pack] fuel problem

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
Indeed the needle was stuck. 
I drained the gas from the carbs and blew some WD-40 and tapped the bowls
with a small wrench and it work.
Needless to say that when I changed the oil, the viscosity of the oil was
like water because of all the gas that made its way into the engine.
However, the car is now running REALLY rough. When I give gas, it start to
putter and I have to pump the gas to get the revs up and then it will die.
I never had that problem. What can this be?

Thanks,

Patrick Bitton

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: James_ via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 02:34:54 +0000

I agree - only because I just went through the nightmare of fuel in my oil pan. I feel dumb for not picking up on all the signs!
It was only when it started (after sitting to allow the fuel to evaporate enough) and then a shower of oil/fuel came out from between the valve cover and engine. And it was a mess! 
Prior to the eruption, I would smell fuel but my nose quickly became immune to the smell. And I never thought of checking the oil. Ugh. 
It was a faulty (rebuilt no less) diaphram in the fuel pump. I should have just bought a NEW one. 

The only sign it was bad was the center pin turned freely. It should not. I didn’t see any tears but that was the issue. Check it out. 

—Sent from my Atari 2600—

> On Sep 11, 2018, at 7:23 PM, Andrew Uprichard via 6pack <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]
> 

[email-masked]