Subject: [6pack] fuel problem

From: COLIN THOM via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 19:04:39 -0600 (MDT)

the fuel pump never stops pumping. The needle valve in the float bowl (not the mixing needle and jet) is what sends unneeded fuel back to the tank. If the needle valve in the float boat sticks open, or the float(s) get a hole in them and cease to float, fuel will certainly flood the carb throat

Colin
75-sold :-(

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 12:00:01 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: 6pack Digest, Vol 46, Issue 9

Send 6pack mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: fuel problem (Andrew Uprichard)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 07:52:15 -0400
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Patrick Bitton'" <[email-masked]>,	<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [6pack] fuel problem

Maybe I am missing something (not uncommon), but I wouldn't have thought a
stuck needle valve would result in gas being dumped into the engine.  If
this is happening, I would think there is a problem with the gas pump.  I
don't know the TR6, but I imagine the mechanism is the same as the earlier
cars with a rubber diaphragm which can leak.

Do you think the problem may be your pump?

Andrew Uprichard
Jackson, Michigan

-----Original Message-----
From: 6pack [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Patrick
Bitton via 6pack
Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2018 3:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6pack] fuel problem

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
Indeed the needle was stuck. 
I drained the gas from the carbs and blew some WD-40 and tapped the bowls
with a small wrench and it work.
Needless to say that when I changed the oil, the viscosity of the oil was
like water because of all the gas that made its way into the engine.
However, the car is now running REALLY rough. When I give gas, it start to
putter and I have to pump the gas to get the revs up and then it will die.
I never had that problem. What can this be?

Thanks,

Patrick Bitton

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
6pack mailing list
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

------------------------------

End of 6pack Digest, Vol 46, Issue 9
************************************

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

---

From: Patrick Bitton via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 20:15:21 -0400

I replaced the needle valve and everything is running as it should. Now I
need to fine tune the carbs to get the right mixture. Right now they are
running a little too rich but I can't get the needles properly adjusted. I
feel that as much as I turn the tool, I can't get it to run a little leaner.
I guess it's trial and error.
I did take it for a little test drive and I can hear the carbs sucking in A
LOT of air.

I will give a further update as soon as I can get it fine-tuned.

Patrick 

-----Original Message-----
From: 6pack [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of COLIN THOM
via 6pack
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [6pack] fuel problem

the fuel pump never stops pumping. The needle valve in the float bowl (not
the mixing needle and jet) is what sends unneeded fuel back to the tank. If
the needle valve in the float boat sticks open, or the float(s) get a hole
in them and cease to float, fuel will certainly flood the carb throat

Colin
75-sold :-(

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 12:00:01 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: 6pack Digest, Vol 46, Issue 9

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of 6pack digest..."

Today's Topics:

Message: 1

Andrew Uprichard
Jackson, Michigan

-----Original Message-----

Thanks,

Patrick Bitton

$12.96

[email-masked]

Subject: Digest Footer

$12.96

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 11:18:09 -0700

Just a thought here. When turning the tool to adjust needle height, clockwise raises it which riches the mix. It is limited and will "bottom out" when turned this way. Turning it CCW will lean out the mix. Going too far and the screw threads become disengaged and requires pushing the needle case back up to reengage the threads. There's about three turns here from full rich to full lean. 
If the float level(s) are too high unmetered fuel will be drawn in. 

Dick 

> On Sep 13, 2018, at 5:15 PM, Patrick Bitton via 6pack <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset="US-ASCII"
> 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation
> $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> 
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation
> $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> 
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> 
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]
> 

[email-masked]

---

From: COLIN THOM via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 12:44:02 -0600 (MDT)

--===============2985239377562831471==
	boundary="----=_Part_21637467_68780439.1536950642323"

------=_Part_21637467_68780439.1536950642323
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks, Dick 

I gave Patrick the CCW guidance, earlier. 

From: "Richard" <[email-masked]> 
To: "Patrick Bitton" <[email-masked]> 
Cc: "COLIN THOM" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 11:18:09 AM 
Subject: Re: [6pack] fuel problem 

Dick 

> 1. Re: fuel problem (Andrew Uprichard) 

------=_Part_21637467_68780439.1536950642323
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 10pt; color: #000000"><div>Thanks, Dick</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=
=3D"1"></div><div>I gave Patrick the CCW guidance, earlier.</div><div><br><=
/div><hr id=3D"zwchr" data-marker=3D"__DIVIDER__"><div data-marker=3D"__HEA=
DERS__"><b>From: </b>"Richard" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>To: </b=
>"Patrick Bitton" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc: </b>"COLIN THOM" &lt;c=
[email-masked]&gt;, [email-masked]<br><b>Sent: </b>Friday, Septembe=
r 14, 2018 11:18:09 AM<br><b>Subject: </b>Re: [6pack] fuel problem<br></div=
><div><br></div><div data-marker=3D"__QUOTED_TEXT__">Just a thought here. W=
hen turning the tool to adjust needle height, clockwise raises it which ric=
hes the mix. It is limited and will "bottom out" when turned this way. Turn=
ing it CCW will lean out the mix. Going too far and the screw threads becom=
e disengaged and requires pushing the needle case back up to reengage the t=
hreads. There's about three turns here from full rich to full lean. <br>If =
the float level(s) are too high unmetered fuel will be drawn in. <br><br>Di=
ck <br><br>&gt; On Sep 13, 2018, at 5:15 PM, Patrick Bitton via 6pack &lt;6=
[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; I replaced the needle valve=
 and everything is running as it should. Now I<br>&gt; need to fine tune th=
e carbs to get the right mixture. Right now they are<br>&gt; running a litt=
le too rich but I can't get the needles properly adjusted. I<br>&gt; feel t=
hat as much as I turn the tool, I can't get it to run a little leaner.<br>&=
gt; I guess it's trial and error.<br>&gt; I did take it for a little test d=
rive and I can hear the carbs sucking in A<br>&gt; LOT of air.<br>&gt; <br>=
&gt; I will give a further update as soon as I can get it fine-tuned.<br>&g=
t; <br>&gt; Patrick <br>&gt; <br>&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>&gt; Fr=
om: 6pack [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of COLIN THOM<br>=
&gt; via 6pack<br>&gt; Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:05 PM<br>&gt; =
To: [email-masked]<br>&gt; Subject: [6pack] fuel problem<br>&gt; <br>=
&gt; the fuel pump never stops pumping. The needle valve in the float bowl =
(not<br>&gt; the mixing needle and jet) is what sends unneeded fuel back to=
 the tank. If<br>&gt; the needle valve in the float boat sticks open, or th=
e float(s) get a hole<br>&gt; in them and cease to float, fuel will certain=
ly flood the carb throat<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Colin<br>&gt; 75-sold :-(<br>&gt;=
 <br>&gt; <br>&gt; ----- Original Message -----<br>&gt; From: 6pack-request=
@autox.team.net<br>&gt; To: [email-masked]<br>&gt; Sent: Tue, 11 Sep =
2018 12:00:01 -0600 (MDT)<br>&gt; Subject: 6pack Digest, Vol 46, Issue 9<br=
>&gt; <br>&gt; Send 6pack mailing list submissions to<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp;=
[email-masked]<br>&gt; <br>&gt; To subscribe or unsubscribe via the W=
orld Wide Web, visit<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp;http://autox.team.net/mailman/lis=
tinfo/6pack<br>&gt; or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'hel=
p' to<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp;[email-masked]<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Yo=
u can reach the person managing the list at<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp;6pack-owne=
[email-masked]<br>&gt; <br>&gt; When replying, please edit your Subject l=
ine so it is more specific than<br>&gt; "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..."<b=
r>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; Today's Topics:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; &nbsp; 1. Re: fue=
l problem (Andrew Uprichard)<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; --------------------=
--------------------------------------------------<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Message=
: 1<br>&gt; Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 07:52:15 -0400<br>&gt; From: "Andrew Upr=
ichard" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>&gt; To: "'Patrick Bitton'" &lt=
;[email-masked]&gt;, &nbsp; &nbsp;&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>&gt; Su=
bject: Re: [6pack] fuel problem<br>&gt; Message-ID: &lt;006f01d449c5$e2eb66=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>&gt; Content-Type: text/plain; &nbsp; &nb=
sp;charset=3D"US-ASCII"<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Maybe I am missing something (not =
uncommon), but I wouldn't have thought a<br>&gt; stuck needle valve would r=
esult in gas being dumped into the engine. &nbsp;If<br>&gt; this is happeni=
ng, I would think there is a problem with the gas pump. &nbsp;I<br>&gt; don=
't know the TR6, but I imagine the mechanism is the same as the earlier<br>=
&gt; cars with a rubber diaphragm which can leak.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Do you t=
hink the problem may be your pump?<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Andrew Uprichard<br>&gt=
; Jackson, Michigan<br>&gt; <br>&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>&gt; Fro=
m: 6pack [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Patrick<br>&gt;=
 Bitton via 6pack<br>&gt; Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2018 3:49 PM<br>&gt; T=
o: [email-masked]<br>&gt; Subject: Re: [6pack] fuel problem<br>&gt; <=
br>&gt; Thank you everyone for your suggestions.<br>&gt; Indeed the needle =
was stuck. <br>&gt; I drained the gas from the carbs and blew some WD-40 an=
d tapped the bowls<br>&gt; with a small wrench and it work.<br>&gt; Needles=
s to say that when I changed the oil, the viscosity of the oil was<br>&gt; =
like water because of all the gas that made its way into the engine.<br>&gt=
; However, the car is now running REALLY rough. When I give gas, it start t=
o<br>&gt; putter and I have to pump the gas to get the revs up and then it =
will die.<br>&gt; I never had that problem. What can this be?<br>&gt; <br>&=
gt; Thanks,<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Patrick Bitton<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; _____=
__________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net http://=
www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation<br>&gt; $12.96<br>&gt; A=
rchive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt; Forums: http://www.team.net/for=
ums<br>&gt; <br>&gt; [email-masked]<br>&gt; http://autox.team.net/mai=
lman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>&gt; http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]<br>&gt; <br>&gt;=
 <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; ------------------------------<br>&gt; <br>&gt;=
 Subject: Digest Footer<br>&gt; <br>&gt; __________________________________=
_____________<br>&gt; 6pack mailing list<br>&gt; [email-masked]<br>&g=
t; http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; -=
-----------------------------<br>&gt; <br>&gt; End of 6pack Digest, Vol 46,=
 Issue 9<br>&gt; ************************************<br>&gt; <br>&gt; ____=
___________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net http:/=
/www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation<br>&gt; $12.96<br>&gt; =
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt; Forums: http://www.team.net/fo=
rums<br>&gt; <br>&gt; [email-masked]<br>&gt; http://autox.team.net/ma=
ilman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>&gt; http://au=
tox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&g=
t; _______________________________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net=
 http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt; Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$1=
2.96<br>&gt; Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt; Forums: http://ww=
w.team.net/forums<br>&gt; <br>&gt; [email-masked]<br>&gt; http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: http=
://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]<br>&gt;<br><=
/div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_21637467_68780439.1536950642323--

--===============2985239377562831471==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2985239377562831471==--