Subject: Re: [6pack] 6pack Digest, Vol 46, Issue 10

From: Luis via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 06:45:45 -0500

Gas can trickle down the manifold through open valves and down in the cylinders past the static rings. 

Lou

> On Sep 12, 2018, at 1:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Send 6pack mailing list submissions to
>    [email-masked]
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>    http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>    [email-masked]
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>    [email-masked]
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1. Re: fuel problem (James_)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 02:34:54 +0000
> From: James_ <[email-masked]>
> To: Andrew Uprichard <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: [6pack] fuel problem
> Message-ID:
>    <[email-masked]>
>    
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> 
> I agree - only because I just went through the nightmare of fuel in my oil pan. I feel dumb for not picking up on all the signs!
> It was only when it started (after sitting to allow the fuel to evaporate enough) and then a shower of oil/fuel came out from between the valve cover and engine. And it was a mess! 
> Prior to the eruption, I would smell fuel but my nose quickly became immune to the smell. And I never thought of checking the oil. Ugh. 
> It was a faulty (rebuilt no less) diaphram in the fuel pump. I should have just bought a NEW one. 
> 
> The only sign it was bad was the center pin turned freely. It should not. I didn?t see any tears but that was the issue. Check it out. 
> 
> 
> ?Sent from my Atari 2600?
> 
>> On Sep 11, 2018, at 7:23 PM, Andrew Uprichard via 6pack <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> Maybe I am missing something (not uncommon), but I wouldn't have thought a
>> stuck needle valve would result in gas being dumped into the engine.  If
>> this is happening, I would think there is a problem with the gas pump.  I
>> don't know the TR6, but I imagine the mechanism is the same as the earlier
>> cars with a rubber diaphragm which can leak.
>> 
>> Do you think the problem may be your pump?
>> 
>> Andrew Uprichard
>> Jackson, Michigan
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: 6pack [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Patrick
>> Bitton via 6pack
>> Sent: Sunday, September 9, 2018 3:49 PM
>> To: [email-masked]
>> Subject: Re: [6pack] fuel problem
>> 
>> Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
>> Indeed the needle was stuck. 
>> I drained the gas from the carbs and blew some WD-40 and tapped the bowls
>> with a small wrench and it work.
>> Needless to say that when I changed the oil, the viscosity of the oil was
>> like water because of all the gas that made its way into the engine.
>> However, the car is now running REALLY rough. When I give gas, it start to
>> putter and I have to pump the gas to get the revs up and then it will die.
>> I never had that problem. What can this be?
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> 
>> Patrick Bitton
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>> 
>> [email-masked]
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack
>> 
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>> 
>> [email-masked]
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack
>> 
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]
>> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Subject: Digest Footer
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 6pack mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> End of 6pack Digest, Vol 46, Issue 10
> *************************************

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

---

From: COLIN THOM via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 08:57:40 -0600 (MDT)

--===============8292631019873650819==
	boundary="----=_Part_13797726_1237685445.1536850660133"

------=_Part_13797726_1237685445.1536850660133
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Is this excessive gas in the carb throat or in the oil pan? If it's in the oil pan, (the the engine is "making oil") then yes, the fuel pump diaphragm has a hole in it. 

Colin 

From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 11:00:01 AM 
Subject: 6pack Digest, Vol 46, Issue 10 

Today's Topics: 

Message: 1 

Subject: Digest Footer 

------=_Part_13797726_1237685445.1536850660133
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 10pt; color: #000000"><div>Is this excessive gas in the carb throat or=
 in the oil pan? If it's in the oil pan, (the the engine is "making oil") t=
hen yes, the fuel pump diaphragm has a hole in it.</div><div><br data-mce-b=
ogus=3D"1"></div><div>Colin</div><div><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr" data-marke=
r=3D"__DIVIDER__"><div data-marker=3D"__HEADERS__"><b>From: </b>6pack-reque=
[email-masked]<br><b>To: </b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent: </b>Wednes=
day, September 12, 2018 11:00:01 AM<br><b>Subject: </b>6pack Digest, Vol 46=
, Issue 10<br></div><br><div data-marker=3D"__QUOTED_TEXT__">Send 6pack mai=
ling list submissions to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;[email-masked]<br><br>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide=
 Web, visit<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>or, via email, send a message with subj=
ect or body 'help' to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6p=
[email-masked]<br><br>You can reach the person managing the lis=
t at<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]=
eam.net<br><br>When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more s=
pecific<br>than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..."<br><br><br>Today's Topics=
:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Re: fuel problem (James_)<br><br><br>-------------=
---------------------------------------------------------<br><br>Message: 1=
<br>Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 02:34:54 +0000<br>From: James_ &lt;jattr6@hotmai=
l.com&gt;<br>To: Andrew Uprichard &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Cc: "=
[email-masked]" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] =
fuel problem<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&lt;[email-masked].=
outlook.com&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>Cont=
ent-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>I agree - only because I jus=
t went through the nightmare of fuel in my oil pan. I feel dumb for not pic=
king up on all the signs!<br>It was only when it started (after sitting to =
allow the fuel to evaporate enough) and then a shower of oil/fuel came out =
from between the valve cover and engine. And it was a mess! <br>Prior to th=
e eruption, I would smell fuel but my nose quickly became immune to the sme=
ll. And I never thought of checking the oil. Ugh. <br>It was a faulty (rebu=
ilt no less) diaphram in the fuel pump. I should have just bought a NEW one=
. <br><br>The only sign it was bad was the center pin turned freely. It sho=
uld not. I didn?t see any tears but that was the issue. Check it out. <br><=
br><br>?Sent from my Atari 2600?<br><br>&gt; On Sep 11, 2018, at 7:23 PM, A=
ndrew Uprichard via 6pack &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&=
gt; Maybe I am missing something (not uncommon), but I wouldn't have though=
t a<br>&gt; stuck needle valve would result in gas being dumped into the en=
gine. &nbsp;If<br>&gt; this is happening, I would think there is a problem =
with the gas pump. &nbsp;I<br>&gt; don't know the TR6, but I imagine the me=
chanism is the same as the earlier<br>&gt; cars with a rubber diaphragm whi=
ch can leak.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Do you think the problem may be your pump?<br=
>&gt; <br>&gt; Andrew Uprichard<br>&gt; Jackson, Michigan<br>&gt; <br>&gt; =
-----Original Message-----<br>&gt; From: 6pack [mailto:6pack-bounces@autox.=
team.net] On Behalf Of Patrick<br>&gt; Bitton via 6pack<br>&gt; Sent: Sunda=
y, September 9, 2018 3:49 PM<br>&gt; To: [email-masked]<br>&gt; Subje=
ct: Re: [6pack] fuel problem<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Thank you everyone for your s=
uggestions.<br>&gt; Indeed the needle was stuck. <br>&gt; I drained the gas=
 from the carbs and blew some WD-40 and tapped the bowls<br>&gt; with a sma=
ll wrench and it work.<br>&gt; Needless to say that when I changed the oil,=
 the viscosity of the oil was<br>&gt; like water because of all the gas tha=
t made its way into the engine.<br>&gt; However, the car is now running REA=
LLY rough. When I give gas, it start to<br>&gt; putter and I have to pump t=
he gas to get the revs up and then it will die.<br>&gt; I never had that pr=
oblem. What can this be?<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Thanks,<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Patrick =
Bitton<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; __________________________________________=
_____<br>&gt; Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt; Sugg=
ested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96<br>&gt; Archive: http://www.team.net/arc=
hive<br>&gt; Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt; <br>&gt; 6pack@auto=
x.team.net<br>&gt; http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt; <br=
>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage:<br>&gt; http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pa=
ck/[email-masked]<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; _____________________=
__________________________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/don=
ate.html<br>&gt; Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96<br>&gt; Archive: ht=
tp://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt; Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt=
; <br>&gt; [email-masked]<br>&gt; http://autox.team.net/mailman/listi=
nfo/6pack<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailma=
n/options/6pack/[email-masked]<br>&gt; <br><br>------------------------=
------<br><br>Subject: Digest Footer<br><br>_______________________________=
________________<br>6pack mailing list<br>[email-masked]<br>http://au=
tox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br><br><br>----------------------------=
--<br><br>End of 6pack Digest, Vol 46, Issue 10<br>************************=
*************<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_13797726_1237685445.1536850660133--

--===============8292631019873650819==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8292631019873650819==--