Subject: [6pack] almost

From: COLIN THOM via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 07:49:56 -0600 (MDT)

--===============3566861339976040253==
	boundary="----=_Part_238144897_1706380366.1564408196292"

------=_Part_238144897_1706380366.1564408196292
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I've not had the best of luck with Apple Hydraulics and gave up on their rebuilds. A new master brake cylinder isn't cheap, but it's not overly-expensive, either. Make sure you bench-bleed it before you put it in the car and use a vacuum tool for bleeding. Before using the vacuum tool, I remove the bleed nipples and put a small amount of anti-seize compound on the threads...just a small amount. This keeps air from passing through the threads when you create the vacuum and ensures the nipples don't seize in the calipers and rear adjusters. These steps will save you a lot of time and anxt. 

Colin 

From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2019 5:08:23 AM 
Subject: 6pack Digest, Vol 54, Issue 16 

Send 6pack mailing list submissions to 
[email-masked] 

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to 
[email-masked] 

You can reach the person managing the list at 
[email-masked] 

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..." 

Today's Topics: 

1. Re: Almost... (Tom Walling) 
2. Re: Options (John Cyganowski) 
3. Re: Originality question... (DAVE DENSON) 
4. Re: Originality question... (Irv Korey) 
5. Re: Options (James_) 
6. Saturday (Richard Lindsay) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Message: 1 
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 14:13:16 -0400 (EDT) 
From: Tom Walling <[email-masked]> 
To: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>, Richard Lindsay via 
6pack <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] Almost... 

Tell me more about the master cylinder... What do you mean by "flipping the new rubber seal in the master cylinder's rear circuit"? I have a professionally rebuilt MC (by Apple Hydraulics) that appears to be leaking and that goes almost to the bottom before the brakes finally "do their thing". Also, it makes a croaking sound like a sick frog! I'm loath to suspect Apple in tis because of their reputation for many years of quality rebuilds, but there is been very few miles put on the MC since I got it back - a couple of years, yeah, but no miles (you all know what that means...). 

Why did you opt for a new one and not rebuild it yourself? 

> On July 26, 2019 at 8:00 AM Richard Lindsay via 6pack <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> 
> Hello friends, 
> My TR6 is almost ready to go for Carmine Red paint. I still need to remove the door locks from the outer door skins, and re-bleed the brakes. 
> When installing a new master cylinder my always helpful grandson assisted. And as we all know, six-year-old boys don't do anything slowly or half-way. Before I could stop him, Kelum slammed the brake pedal to the floor, flipping the new rubber seal in the master cylinder's rear circuit. That was a few days ago. 
> I now have a new master cylinder installed (Yes, the old one could have been rebuilt.) and refilled with fresh brake fluid. I hope to get the brakes re-bled this weekend, the door locks/cylinders off, and a trailer reserved to transport the car to the painter. Woohoo! I will then just need to wait for a dry day. 
> 
> Rick 
> _______________________________________________ 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html 
> Suggested annual donation $12.96 
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums 
> 
> [email-masked] 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked] 
> 
> 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20190726/de01a70a/attachment-0001.html> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 2 
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 19:45:42 +0000 (UTC) 
From: John Cyganowski <[email-masked]> 
To: TR6 <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] Options 

There were very few factory options for the TR6. The overdive was probably the most well known option and it was called out on the commission number tag with the suffix being "LO" or "UO" for the NA spec cars. The York air conditioning units were a factory sanctioned option (did not void the warranty) but were dealer installed. The Metal Hardtop was a factory option but could also be purchased from the dealer after sale as a kit. Tires Michelin or Good Year were fitted at the factory and the Michelins were treated as an option but I am bit sure how the dealers handled this one. 

All of the other stuff (Hardtops, soft tops, lighters, shift knobs, ski racks, luggage racks, etc) were pretty much aftermarket, a lot of it being from a company called AMCO. 

John Cyg 
70 Damson 
CC52927 LO 

------------------------------ 

Message: 3 
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 16:01:27 -0500 (CDT) 
From: DAVE DENSON <[email-masked]> 
To: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]>, Richard Lindsay via 
6pack <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] Originality question... 

Mine was dealer installed. 

Dave 

> On July 26, 2019 at 9:08 AM Richard Lindsay via 6pack <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> 
> Was the chrome luggage rack often found on the U.S. spec cars' boot lids, a factory installed option, a dealer installed option, or something aftermarket? 
> _______________________________________________ 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html 
> Suggested annual donation $12.96 
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums 
> 
> [email-masked] 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked] 
> 
> 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20190726/1f9f34a1/attachment-0001.html> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 4 
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 09:17:06 -0500 
From: Irv Korey <[email-masked]> 
To: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]> 
Cc: TR6 <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] Originality question... 
<[email-masked]> 

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 9:09 AM Richard Lindsay via 6pack < 
[email-masked]> wrote: 

> Was the chrome luggage rack often found on the U.S. spec cars' boot lids, 
> a factory installed option, a dealer installed option, or something 
> aftermarket? 
> 
> 
Dealer installed, or aftermarket. 

Irv Korey 
74 TR6 CF22767U 
Highland Park, IL 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20190726/a598c8e8/attachment-0001.html> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 5 
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 22:56:25 +0000 
From: James_ <[email-masked]> 
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] Options 
<[email-masked]> 

Thanks for this list. 
Something I have never seen but actually own one myself is a TR6 ski rack! 
I even put it to use! 
I?ve thought if I go to a car show sometime I?d mount it just to be different. 
I wish I had OD and AC would be nice too. 

> On Jul 26, 2019, at 12:46 PM, John Cyganowski via 6pack <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> 
> There were very few factory options for the TR6. The overdive was probably the most well known option and it was called out on the commission number tag with the suffix being "LO" or "UO" for the NA spec cars. The York air conditioning units were a factory sanctioned option (did not void the warranty) but were dealer installed. The Metal Hardtop was a factory option but could also be purchased from the dealer after sale as a kit. Tires Michelin or Good Year were fitted at the factory and the Michelins were treated as an option but I am bit sure how the dealers handled this one. 
> 
> All of the other stuff (Hardtops, soft tops, lighters, shift knobs, ski racks, luggage racks, etc) were pretty much aftermarket, a lot of it being from a company called AMCO. 
> 
> John Cyg 
> 70 Damson 
> CC52927 LO 
> _______________________________________________ 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html 
> Suggested annual donation $12.96 
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums 
> 
> [email-masked] 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked] 
> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 6 
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:08:09 -0500 
From: Richard Lindsay <[email-masked]> 
To: TR6 <[email-masked]> 
Subject: [6pack] Saturday 
<[email-masked]> 

Hello Friends, 
Its Saturday again here on America's south coast. Another fun day is 
beginning. This one is dedicated to the TR6. 
I had intended to take my TR6 to the painter on Monday but the weather 
forecast has changed my mind. Instead, I am addressing an issue that I had 
originally intended to save for after paint. Specifically, brakes. 
While bleeding the all-new brakes a few months ago, my grandson over 
extended the piston in the brake master cylinder. Doing so damaged the rear 
brake circuit part of the MC. My car now has a new MC installed and we are 
ready to bleed the system again. This time I am placing a 2x6 board in the 
pedal box thereby limiting the pedal/MC piston throw. 
My junior mechanic - six-year-old grandson Kelum - is helping me again 
today. Yea, the same guy with the offending lead foot, but this time he's 
helping with the jack, jack stands, lug wrench, and wheel removal. Its 
going to be a fun, hot, dirty morning. Can't wait. 

Rick 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20190727/2f64e02a/attachment.html> 

------------------------------ 

Subject: Digest Footer 

_______________________________________________ 
6pack mailing list 
[email-masked] 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 

------------------------------ 

End of 6pack Digest, Vol 54, Issue 16 
************************************* 

------=_Part_238144897_1706380366.1564408196292
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 10pt; color: #000000"><div>I've not had the best of luck with Apple Hy=
draulics and gave up on their rebuilds. A new master brake cylinder isn't c=
heap, but it's not overly-expensive, either. Make sure you bench-bleed it b=
efore you put it in the car and use a vacuum tool for bleeding. Before usin=
g the vacuum tool, I remove the bleed nipples and put a small amount of ant=
i-seize compound on the threads...just a small amount. This keeps air from =
passing through the threads when you create the vacuum and ensures the nipp=
les don't seize in the calipers and rear adjusters. These steps will save y=
ou a lot of time and anxt.</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>Co=
lin</div><div><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr" data-marker=3D"__DIVIDER__"><div d=
ata-marker=3D"__HEADERS__"><b>From: </b>[email-masked]<br><b>=
To: </b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent: </b>Saturday, July 27, 2019 5:08:2=
3 AM<br><b>Subject: </b>6pack Digest, Vol 54, Issue 16<br></div><br><div da=
ta-marker=3D"__QUOTED_TEXT__">Send 6pack mailing list submissions to<br>&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><br>To=
 subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pac=
k<br>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to<br>&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><=
br>You can reach the person managing the list at<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><br>When replying, p=
lease edit your Subject line so it is more specific<br>than "Re: Contents o=
f 6pack digest..."<br><br><br>Today's Topics:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Re: Al=
most... (Tom Walling)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: Options (John Cyganowski)<br>&=
nbsp;&nbsp; 3. Re: Originality question... (DAVE DENSON)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 4.=
 Re: Originality question... (Irv Korey)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 5. Re: Options (Ja=
mes_)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 6. Saturday (Richard Lindsay)<br><br><br>------------=
----------------------------------------------------------<br><br>Message: =
1<br>Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 14:13:16 -0400 (EDT)<br>From: Tom Walling &lt;p=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: Richard Lindsay &lt;[email-masked]&=
gt;, Richard Lindsay via<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;6pack &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] Almost...<br>Me=
ssage-ID: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Con=
tent-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>Tell me more about the mast=
er cylinder... What do you mean by "flipping the new rubber seal in the mas=
ter cylinder's rear circuit"? I have a professionally rebuilt MC (by Apple =
Hydraulics) that appears to be leaking and that goes almost to the bottom b=
efore the brakes finally "do their thing". Also, it makes a croaking sound =
like a sick frog! I'm loath to suspect Apple in tis because of their reputa=
tion for many years of quality rebuilds, but there is been very few miles p=
ut on the MC since I got it back - a couple of years, yeah, but no miles (y=
ou all know what that means...). <br><br><br>Why did you opt for a new one =
and not rebuild it yourself?<br><br>&gt; On July 26, 2019 at 8:00 AM Richar=
d Lindsay via 6pack &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; &n=
bsp; &nbsp; Hello friends,<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;My TR6 is alm=
ost ready to go for Carmine Red paint. I still need to remove the door lock=
s from the outer door skins, and re-bleed the brakes.<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp;=
 &nbsp; &nbsp;When installing a new master cylinder my always helpful grand=
son assisted. And as we all know, six-year-old boys don't do anything slowl=
y or half-way. Before I could stop him, Kelum slammed the brake pedal to th=
e floor, flipping the new rubber seal in the master cylinder's rear circuit=
. That was a few days ago.<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;I now have a =
new master cylinder installed (Yes, the old one could have been rebuilt.) a=
nd refilled with fresh brake fluid. I hope to get the brakes re-bled this w=
eekend, the door locks/cylinders off, and a trailer reserved to transport t=
he car to the painter. Woohoo! I will then just need to wait for a dry day.=
<br>&gt; <br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Rick<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; ________________=
_______________________________<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Support Team.Net http=
://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Suggested annual donation=
 $12.96<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt; =
&nbsp; &nbsp; Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt; <br>&gt; &nbsp; &n=
bsp; [email-masked]<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; http://autox.team.net/mailm=
an/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt; <br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Unsubscribe/Manage: http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <=
br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubb=
ed...<br>URL: &lt;http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/2019072=
6/de01a70a/attachment-0001.html&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<b=
r><br>Message: 2<br>Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 19:45:42 +0000 (UTC)<br>From: Jo=
hn Cyganowski &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: TR6 &lt;[email-masked]&gt;=
<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] Options<br>Message-ID: &lt;66871669.7328141.156417=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3DUTF-8<br>=
<br>There were very few factory options for the TR6. &nbsp;The overdive was=
 probably the most well known option and it was called out on the commissio=
n number tag with the suffix being "LO" or "UO" for the NA spec cars. The Y=
ork air conditioning units were a factory sanctioned option (did not void t=
he warranty) but were dealer installed. &nbsp;The Metal Hardtop was a facto=
ry option but could also be purchased from the dealer after sale as a kit. =
Tires Michelin or Good Year were fitted at the factory and the Michelins we=
re treated as an option but I am bit sure how the dealers handled this one.=
<br><br>All of the other stuff (Hardtops, soft tops, lighters, shift knobs,=
 ski racks, luggage racks, etc) &nbsp;were pretty much aftermarket, a lot o=
f it being from a company called AMCO.<br><br>John Cyg<br>70 Damson<br>CC52=
927 LO<br><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Message: 3<br>Date:=
 Fri, 26 Jul 2019 16:01:27 -0500 (CDT)<br>From: DAVE DENSON &lt;davedenson@=
cox.net&gt;<br>To: Richard Lindsay &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, Richa=
rd Lindsay via<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6pack &lt=
;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] Originality question...<b=
r>Message-ID: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Conte=
nt-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>Mine was dealer installed.<br=
><br>Dave<br><br>&gt; On July 26, 2019 at 9:08 AM Richard Lindsay via 6pack=
 &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Was the=
 chrome luggage rack often found on the U.S. spec cars' boot lids, a factor=
y installed option, a dealer installed option, or something aftermarket?<br=
>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; _______________________________________________<br>&gt;=
 &nbsp; &nbsp; Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt; &nb=
sp; &nbsp; Suggested annual donation $12.96<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Archive: =
et/forums<br>&gt; <br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; [email-masked]<br>&gt; &nbsp=
; &nbsp; http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt; <br>&gt; &nbs=
p; &nbsp; Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/d=
[email-masked]<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>-------------- next part -----------=
---<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http://autox.team.net=
/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20190726/1f9f34a1/attachment-0001.html&gt;<br>=
<br>------------------------------<br><br>Message: 4<br>Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2=
019 09:17:06 -0500<br>From: Irv Korey &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: R=
ichard Lindsay &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Cc: TR6 &lt;6pack@autox=
.team.net&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] Originality question...<br>Message-ID=
:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;CAFWFMyjbh5ZqkMOqB=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/=
plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 9:09 AM Richard Lin=
dsay via 6pack &lt;<br>[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br><br>&gt; Was the =
chrome luggage rack often found on the U.S. spec cars' boot lids,<br>&gt; a=
 factory installed option, a dealer installed option, or something<br>&gt; =
aftermarket?<br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>Dealer installed, or aftermarket.<br><br>Ir=
v Korey<br>74 TR6 CF22767U<br>Highland Park, IL<br>-------------- next part=
 --------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http://au=
tox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20190726/a598c8e8/attachment-0001.=
html&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Message: 5<br>Date: F=
ri, 26 Jul 2019 22:56:25 +0000<br>From: James_ &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<b=
r>To: "[email-masked]" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [=
6pack] Options<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&lt;[email-masked]=
d.outlook.com&gt;<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>Co=
ntent-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br><br>Thanks for this list. =
<br>Something I have never seen but actually own one myself is a TR6 ski ra=
ck! <br>I even put it to use! <br>I?ve thought if I go to a car show someti=
me I?d mount it just to be different. <br>I wish I had OD and AC would be n=
ice too. <br><br>&gt; On Jul 26, 2019, at 12:46 PM, John Cyganowski via 6pa=
ck &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; There were very few=
 factory options for the TR6. &nbsp;The overdive was probably the most well=
 known option and it was called out on the commission number tag with the s=
uffix being "LO" or "UO" for the NA spec cars. The York air conditioning un=
its were a factory sanctioned option (did not void the warranty) but were d=
ealer installed. &nbsp;The Metal Hardtop was a factory option but could als=
o be purchased from the dealer after sale as a kit. Tires Michelin or Good =
Year were fitted at the factory and the Michelins were treated as an option=
 but I am bit sure how the dealers handled this one.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; All o=
f the other stuff (Hardtops, soft tops, lighters, shift knobs, ski racks, l=
uggage racks, etc) &nbsp;were pretty much aftermarket, a lot of it being fr=
om a company called AMCO.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; John Cyg<br>&gt; 70 Damson<br>&g=
t; CC52927 LO<br>&gt; _______________________________________________<br>&g=
t; Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt; Suggested annua=
l donation &nbsp;$12.96<br>&gt; Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt=
; Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt; <br>&gt; [email-masked]<=
br>&gt; http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Unsub=
scribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]=
om<br>&gt; <br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Message: 6<br>Date=
: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:08:09 -0500<br>From: Richard Lindsay &lt;richardolind=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: TR6 &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: [6pac=
k] Saturday<br>Message-ID:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&lt;[email-masked]&g=
t;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>Hello Friends,<br>=
&nbsp;&nbsp; Its Saturday again here on America's south coast. Another fun =
day is<br>beginning. This one is dedicated to the TR6.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; I ha=
d intended to take my TR6 to the painter on Monday but the weather<br>forec=
ast has changed my mind. Instead, I am addressing an issue that I had<br>or=
iginally intended to save for after paint. Specifically, brakes.<br>&nbsp;&=
nbsp; While bleeding the all-new brakes a few months ago, my grandson over<=
br>extended the piston in the brake master cylinder. Doing so damaged the r=
ear<br>brake circuit part of the MC. My car now has a new MC installed and =
we are<br>ready to bleed the system again. This time I am placing a 2x6 boa=
rd in the<br>pedal box thereby limiting the pedal/MC piston throw.<br>&nbsp=
;&nbsp; My junior mechanic - six-year-old grandson Kelum - is helping me ag=
ain<br>today. Yea, the same guy with the offending lead foot, but this time=
 he's<br>helping with the jack, jack stands, lug wrench, and wheel removal.=
 Its<br>going to be a fun, hot, dirty morning. Can't wait.<br><br>Rick<br>-=
------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed..=
.<br>URL: &lt;http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20190727/2f=
64e02a/attachment.html&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Sub=
ject: Digest Footer<br><br>_______________________________________________<=
br>6pack mailing list<br>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mail=
man/listinfo/6pack<br><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>End of =
6pack Digest, Vol 54, Issue 16<br>*************************************<br>=
</div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_238144897_1706380366.1564408196292--

--===============3566861339976040253==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============3566861339976040253==--