Subject: [6pack] Almost ready

From: Richard Lindsay via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 17:36:30 -0500

--===============8709290826850090126==

--000000000000dfa15d058f3e1bda

Hello friends,
   I write today to share news of project progress. But first, here is a
bit of back story. The car is a '75 TR6.
   Everything mechanical is done on the car except for the rear brakes. All
suspension, front and rear, has been removed, cleaned, refinished and
reinstalled with new bushings. New dampers are installed. New brake
calipers, new slave cylinders, new pads and shoes too. The rotors and brake
drums are turned to resurface and true. New front hydraulic pipes and hoses
are installed. The engine is restored and very strong. The clutch, gearbox,
prop shaft, and third member are all tested good. Aftermarket but
period-correct alloy wheels have been media blasted and powder coated and
sport new tires. Lug nuts and washers are getting powder coated (black)
this week. The car is now about ready to go to the paint shop. End of
backstory.
   The rear brake hydraulic bits are all restored except for painting the
cleaned brake pipes - the NLA ones that are not to be replaced. Those pipes
have been flushed clean with brake cleaner then blown dry. After degreasing
and cleaning the exterior with ScotchBrite, the pipe metal is vulnerable to
corrosion/rust. I will just paint the pipes gray. The other new pipes and
flex hoses are due to arrive Monday. Reassembly will begin then. After a
final bleed, the car will be ready for Carmine Red paint.

Rick

--000000000000dfa15d058f3e1bda
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">Hello friends,<div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I write toda=
y to share news of project progress. But first, here is a bit of back story=
. The car is a &#39;75 TR6.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0Everything =
mechanical is done on the car except for the rear brakes. All suspension, f=
ront and rear, has been removed, cleaned, refinished and reinstalled with n=
ew bushings. New dampers are installed. New brake calipers, new slave cylin=
ders, new pads and shoes too. The rotors and brake drums are turned to resu=
rface and true. New front hydraulic pipes and hoses are installed. The engi=
ne is restored and very strong. The clutch, gearbox, prop shaft, and third =
member are all tested good. Aftermarket but period-correct alloy wheels hav=
e been media blasted and powder coated and sport new tires. Lug nuts and wa=
shers are getting powder coated (black) this week. The car is now about rea=
dy to go to the paint shop. End of backstory.</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0=
 =C2=A0The rear brake hydraulic bits are all restored except for painting t=
he cleaned brake pipes - the NLA ones that are not to be replaced. Those pi=
pes have been flushed clean with brake cleaner then blown dry. After degrea=
sing and cleaning the exterior with ScotchBrite, the pipe metal is vulnerab=
le to corrosion/rust. I will just paint the pipes gray. The other new pipes=
 and flex hoses are due to arrive Monday. Reassembly will begin then. After=
 a final bleed, the car will be ready for Carmine Red paint.</div><div dir=
=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Rick</div></div>

--000000000000dfa15d058f3e1bda--

--===============8709290826850090126==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============8709290826850090126==--

---

From: John Cyganowski via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 01:28:36 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4571329154450055635==
	boundary="----=_Part_1555158_1963024211.1565054916487"

------=_Part_1555158_1963024211.1565054916487
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 I am also returning home tomorrow after 11 days. Hopefully some parts will=
 be waiting for me. The bubble flairs can be very hard. If you sock down on=
 the ferrule nuts too hard, the metal at the compression end of the nut can=
 distort and ride up over the bubble flair, resulting in a leak. Then you w=
ill need to fabricate or buy new lines with the correct ferrule nuts.=C2=A0
John Cyg70 DamsonCC52927LO
------=_Part_1555158_1963024211.1565054916487
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head></head><body><div class="ydp11977a55yahoo-style-wrap" style="font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"><div></div>
        <div>I am also returning home tomorrow after 11 days. Hopefully some parts will be waiting for me. The bubble flairs can be very hard. If you sock down on the ferrule nuts too hard, the metal at the compression end of the nut can distort and ride up over the bubble flair, resulting in a leak. Then you will need to fabricate or buy new lines with the correct ferrule nuts.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>John Cyg</div><div>70 Damson</div><div>CC52927LO</div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_1555158_1963024211.1565054916487--

--===============4571329154450055635==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4571329154450055635==--