Subject: [6pack] Progress

From: Richard Lindsay via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 18:04:56 -0500

Hello friends,
   I started out this morning by writing about the misaligned shop
door and sorting TR6 parts. All of that is now done. Yesterday I wrote
about transporting the TR6 to the painter. Here's how it looked as
that day began.

http://aubard.us/75_Triumph/20191007_090909.jpg

   Today, just 24 hours later, the body work is nearly done! The
bodyman said he would be finished by Monday! Here's the first look I
got at the car today.

http://aubard.us/75_Triumph/20191011_164544.jpg

http://aubard.us/75_Triumph/20191011_164506.jpg

   The bonnet had a lot of small dings, probably from hail. The
bodyman 'shrunk' them back flat rather than infilling them with putty.
Here's how the repaired bonnet looks with the first coat of sealant.

http://aubard.us/75_Triumph/20191011_164135.jpg

   After a little sanding, the sealant will receive a coat of 'high
build' epoxy primer. Back on the rear deck lid, the bolt holes have
been welded closed and the rust damage has been repaired. High
strength epoxy putty was applied after the welding, and is now curing
before more finishing.

http://aubard.us/75_Triumph/20191011_164425.jpg

http://aubard.us/75_Triumph/20191011_164250.jpg

   The old luggage rack bolt holes are now filled, as I wrote above,
but they still need the epoxy finishing.

http://aubard.us/75_Triumph/20191011_164203.jpg

   After all of those repairs are completed, the deck lid will get the
high build primer and final long-board sanding. Only then can paint be
considered.

Rick
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack