Subject: [6pack] Fuel Filler - gas smells

From: COLIN THOM via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 11:18:29 -0700 (MST)

--===============4032335757000181936==
	boundary="=_b0eab15e-b0cf-437f-969c-c3e56191b62b"

--=_b0eab15e-b0cf-437f-969c-c3e56191b62b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Two things: 

Tighten the hose clamps on the filler hose. New hoses compress and it's a good idea to get in there and tighten the hose clamps. You're smelling gas because it's leaking somewhere and it only takes a very small leak to make a lot of stink. When the filler hose seeps a bit the vapors get into the trunk and the cockpit. 

When you're filling the tank, try to stop before the gas pump shuts off automatically. You don't want fuel sitting in the filler hose. 

Colin 

From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:14:50 AM 
Subject: 6pack Digest, Vol 58, Issue 12 

Send 6pack mailing list submissions to 
[email-masked] 

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to 
[email-masked] 

You can reach the person managing the list at 
[email-masked] 

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..." 

Today's Topics: 

1. Fuel Filler - gas smells (Yahoo) 
2. Re: Fuel Filler - gas smells (DAVID MASSEY) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Message: 1 
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 22:30:49 +0000 (UTC) 
From: Yahoo <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Subject: [6pack] Fuel Filler - gas smells 

The filler orientation thread got me thinking. 
I get gas bad gas vapour smells in the cockpit sometimes - particularly after a fill-up. ??gas tank was removed and rad shop cleaned and inside tank coated a number of years ago.? Installed a new rubber filler tube at the time. 
Ideas or experience on how to fix the bad smells? 
Thank you, 
Bruce Simms 73 TR6 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20191104/5be763d3/attachment-0001.htm> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 2 
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 12:14:46 +0000 (UTC) 
From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked], [email-masked] 
Subject: Re: [6pack] Fuel Filler - gas smells 

I believe I responded to this yesterday but to elaborate I will add the following: 
Below is a snippet from the Roadster Factory catalog showing the emissions control system. 

Check the placement of the hose clamps on the filler hose.? I messed mine up and had a terrible smell of petrol.? It is easy to put the clamps in the wrong position where they will not properly seal off the connection.? 

When that checks out have a close look at the connection to the charcoal canister.? The connections to the plastic tubing are made with fuel hose.? Old fuel hose becomes brittle and will not seal properly and can pull off easily and this could cause your problem.? As can be seen, there is a port on the top of the tank.? This is connected to a fuel/vapor separator (AS1) which in turn is connected to the plastic line leading to the charcoal canister.? A breach at any point along this route can cause the problem you describe. 
Good luck. 

Dave 

-----Original Message----- 
From: Yahoo via 6pack <[email-masked]> 
To: 6pack <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Mon, Nov 4, 2019 4:31 pm 
Subject: [6pack] Fuel Filler - gas smells 

The filler orientation thread got me thinking. 
I get gas bad gas vapour smells in the cockpit sometimes - particularly after a fill-up. ??gas tank was removed and rad shop cleaned and inside tank coated a number of years ago.? Installed a new rubber filler tube at the time. 
Ideas or experience on how to fix the bad smells? 
Thank you, 
Bruce Simms 73 TR6_______________________________________________ 
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 

[email-masked] 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 

-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20191105/eb78d493/attachment.htm> 

------------------------------ 

Subject: Digest Footer 

_______________________________________________ 
6pack mailing list 
[email-masked] 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 

------------------------------ 

End of 6pack Digest, Vol 58, Issue 12 
************************************* 

--=_b0eab15e-b0cf-437f-969c-c3e56191b62b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 10pt; color: #000000"><div>Two things:</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D=
"1"></div><div>Tighten the hose clamps on the filler hose. New hoses compre=
ss and it's a good idea to get in there and tighten the hose clamps. You're=
 smelling gas because it's leaking somewhere and it only takes a very small=
 leak to make a lot of stink. When the filler hose seeps a bit the vapors g=
et into the trunk and the cockpit.</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div=
><div>When you're filling the tank, try to stop before the gas pump shuts o=
ff automatically. You don't want fuel sitting in the filler hose.</div><div=
><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>Colin</div><div><br></div><hr id=3D"zw=
chr" data-marker=3D"__DIVIDER__"><div data-marker=3D"__HEADERS__"><b>From: =
</b>[email-masked]<br><b>To: </b>[email-masked]<br><b>S=
ent: </b>Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:14:50 AM<br><b>Subject: </b>6pack Dige=
st, Vol 58, Issue 12<br></div><div><br></div><div data-marker=3D"__QUOTED_T=
EXT__">Send 6pack mailing list submissions to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><br>To subscribe or unsubscri=
be via the World Wide Web, visit<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>or, via email, sen=
d a message with subject or body 'help' to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><br>You can reach the pe=
rson managing the list at<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;[email-masked]<br><br>When replying, please edit your Subject=
 line so it is more specific<br>than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..."<br><=
br><br>Today's Topics:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Fuel Filler - &nbsp;gas smell=
s (Yahoo)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: Fuel Filler - &nbsp;gas smells (DAVID MASS=
EY)<br><br><br>------------------------------------------------------------=
----------<br><br>Message: 1<br>Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 22:30:49 +0000 (UTC)<=
br>From: Yahoo &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: [email-masked]<=
br>Subject: [6pack] Fuel Filler - &nbsp;gas smells<br>Message-ID: &lt;73934=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; c=
harset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>The filler orientation thread got me thinking.<br>I=
 get gas bad gas vapour smells in the cockpit sometimes - particularly afte=
r a fill-up. ??gas tank was removed and rad shop cleaned and inside tank co=
ated a number of years ago.? Installed a new rubber filler tube at the time=
.<br>Ideas or experience on how to fix the bad smells?<br>Thank you,<br>Bru=
ce Simms 73 TR6<br>-------------- next part --------------<br>An HTML attac=
hment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/att=
achments/20191104/5be763d3/attachment-0001.htm&gt;<br><br>-----------------=
-------------<br><br>Message: 2<br>Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 12:14:46 +0000 (UT=
C)<br>From: DAVID MASSEY &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: brucesimms2003@y=
ahoo.ca, [email-masked]<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] Fuel Filler - &nbsp;g=
as smells<br>Message-ID: &lt;[email-masked]=
&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>I believe I resp=
onded to this yesterday but to elaborate I will add the following:<br>Below=
 is a snippet from the Roadster Factory catalog showing the emissions contr=
ol system.<br>&nbsp;<br>Check the placement of the hose clamps on the fille=
r hose.? I messed mine up and had a terrible smell of petrol.? It is easy t=
o put the clamps in the wrong position where they will not properly seal of=
f the connection.? <br><br>When that checks out have a close look at the co=
nnection to the charcoal canister.? The connections to the plastic tubing a=
re made with fuel hose.? Old fuel hose becomes brittle and will not seal pr=
operly and can pull off easily and this could cause your problem.? As can b=
e seen, there is a port on the top of the tank.? This is connected to a fue=
l/vapor separator (AS1) which in turn is connected to the plastic line lead=
ing to the charcoal canister.? A breach at any point along this route can c=
ause the problem you describe.<br>Good luck.<br><br>Dave <br><br>&nbsp;<br>=
&nbsp;<br>-----Original Message-----<br>From: Yahoo via 6pack &lt;6pack@aut=
ox.team.net&gt;<br>To: 6pack &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Sent: Mon, Nov=
 4, 2019 4:31 pm<br>Subject: [6pack] Fuel Filler - gas smells<br><br>The fi=
ller orientation thread got me thinking.<br>I get gas bad gas vapour smells=
 in the cockpit sometimes - particularly after a fill-up. ??gas tank was re=
moved and rad shop cleaned and inside tank coated a number of years ago.? I=
nstalled a new rubber filler tube at the time.<br>Ideas or experience on ho=
w to fix the bad smells?<br>Thank you,<br>Bruce Simms 73 TR6_______________=
________________________________<br>Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/do=
nate.html<br>Suggested annual donation? $12.96<br>Archive: http://www.team.=
net/archive<br>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br><br>[email-masked]=
et<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manag=
e: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]<br><br>--=
------------ next part --------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...=
<br>URL: &lt;http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20191105/eb7=
8d493/attachment.htm&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Subje=
ct: Digest Footer<br><br>_______________________________________________<br=
>6pack mailing list<br>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailma=
n/listinfo/6pack<br><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>End of 6p=
ack Digest, Vol 58, Issue 12<br>*************************************<br></=
div></div></body></html>
--=_b0eab15e-b0cf-437f-969c-c3e56191b62b--

--===============4032335757000181936==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============4032335757000181936==--