Subject: [6pack] Assembly continues

From: Richard Lindsay via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 18:06:46 -0600

--000000000000c557c00598208a2d

--000000000000c557be0598208a2b

   This afternoon, my Friends, I finished the wooden fascia and installed
it on the sub-fascia. It now fits nicely, if a bit imperfectly.
Fortunately, any misalignment, thanks to the repairs made to the wood, is
well hidden.
   Attached is a picture of the driver's side of the fascia. The speedo,
master light switch, hazard switch, and temperature gauge are now
installed. The warning lights and instrument illumination lamp holders are
now fitted with LED lamps.
   That's as far as I got today. Tomorrow we have the grandkids so I expect
no TR6 progress. More later...

Rick
PS: This is a temporary steering wheel from my old GT6 project. The TR6
wheel is restored and awaiting installation.

--000000000000c557be0598208a2b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto"><span style=3D"font-family:sans-serif">=C2=A0 =C2=A0This =
afternoon, my Friends, I finished the wooden fascia and installed it on the=
 sub-fascia. It now fits nicely, if a bit imperfectly. Fortunately, any mis=
alignment, thanks to the repairs made to the wood, is well hidden.</span><d=
iv dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-serif">=C2=A0 =C2=A0Attached is a=
 picture of the driver&#39;s side of the fascia. The speedo, master light s=
witch, hazard switch, and temperature gauge are now installed. The warning =
lights and instrument illumination lamp holders are now fitted with LED lam=
ps.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-serif">=C2=A0 =
=C2=A0That&#39;s as far as I got today. Tomorrow we have the grandkids so I=
 expect no TR6 progress. More later...</div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font=
-family:sans-serif"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-s=
erif">Rick<br><div dir=3D"auto">PS: This is a temporary steering wheel from=
 my old GT6 project. The TR6 wheel is restored and awaiting installation.</=
div></div></div>

--000000000000c557be0598208a2b--

--000000000000c557c00598208a2d
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="20191124_175129.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <16e9fe149681c9bb3d31>

--000000000000c557c00598208a2d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--000000000000c557c00598208a2d--

---

From: William Pugh via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 08:48:42 -0800

Very nice … now that you have the opportunity you should think about changing positions for the gauges.  Not a Concours idea, but if you put the Oil Pressure, and Temp gauges near the glove box you will find them much easier to see while driving, I did it, works great.

My theory is the Factory design was for Right Hand Drive, but our cars are mostly Left Hand Drive. I just got fed up with having to peer around the steering wheel to check most vital gauges.

> On Nov 24, 2019, at 4:06 PM, Richard Lindsay via 6pack <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>    This afternoon, my Friends, I finished the wooden fascia and installed it on the sub-fascia. It now fits nicely, if a bit imperfectly. Fortunately, any misalignment, thanks to the repairs made to the wood, is well hidden.
>    Attached is a picture of the driver's side of the fascia. The speedo, master light switch, hazard switch, and temperature gauge are now installed. The warning lights and instrument illumination lamp holders are now fitted with LED lamps. 
>    That's as far as I got today. Tomorrow we have the grandkids so I expect no TR6 progress. More later...
> 
> 

Bill Pugh
1970  TR6
“Rosey"

Life is too short
to drive Boring Cars

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]