Subject: [6pack] Off Topic stuff

From: Mark J Bradakis via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 10:01:09 -0700

For the most part, none of the Team Net lists these days suffers from an 
overwhelming flow of emails.  Back in the day some of the bigger lists, 
though, it was a different story.  For example, the SCCA Solo II 
Nationals are held early September, and the autocross list often saw 3 - 
4 dozen messages *per day* in the weeks leading up to that event.  I was 
a busy list admin back then.

But now things are more mellow, some off topic chatter isn't that bad.  
Sure, some folks might frown upon it, and it shouldn't be allowed to get 
out of hand.  I much prefer that I don't have to step in as Team Net 
Supreme Overlord and whack anyone's pee pee.

Years ago I did set up a list I called the-local.  [ 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo ]  It was intended for off topic 
chatter, stuff you'd chatter about with your mates while raising a pint 
down at your local.  If you wanted to rave about last night's sunset, 
warn folks to shy away from a really skanky new beer, or brag about how 
that beef wellington you cooked for your spouse's birthday was the best 
ever, the-local was the list for that.  It never did really catch on, I 
wish it had.  Could be a fun distraction with your friends from the 
various other lists.

Best wishes for the coming new year,

mjb.

_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]