Subject: [6pack] Rear tube shock conversion TR6

From: dctr6--- via 6pack <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 13:01:14 -0400 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002D_01D62794.419C1740"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01D62794.419C1740
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_002E_01D62794.419C1740"

------=_NextPart_001_002E_01D62794.419C1740
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

>#2 Multi-piece.? This has a series of three brackets on each side.? There
is a bracket that mounts to the inner wheel well as in the on above but it
also bolts up to another bracket in the recess by the gas tank which mounts
up >to yet another bracket that bolts up to the mount for the lever shock.?
This kit transfers the shock loading to the frame point that was designed
for it.? The down side is there are six pieces requiring 16 new holes in the
>bodywork and the brackets are bulky.? I removed mine after I found the tire
on one side was rubbing against the bracket in the wheel well.

   This is the kit that I installed on my TR6 back in '09. Yes, you had to
remove the gas tank to do the install and yes, you needed a 90 degree
adapter for your drill, but it appeared to be the strongest and most well
engineered solution available at the time. There was an installation glitch
in that 2 of the brackets were pre-drilled the same when they should have
been drilled as a LEFT and a RIGHT.  We installed the driver's side first
and it was fine but then ran into an issue when we went to install the
passenger side - the pre-drilled holes were NOT where they were supposed to
be on the bracket.  There was plenty of space on the bracket to drill new
holes where they should have been but this caused some unnecessary
installation angst. At the time, I contacted TRF via an email letting them
know of the issue and got no response.  That kit appears to have been
discontinued.  

Dennis Culligan, Highland NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U   

------=_NextPart_001_002E_01D62794.419C1740
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.PlainTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Plain Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text";
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>DAVID MASSEY &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt;#2 Multi-piece.? This =
has a series of three brackets on each side.? There is a bracket that =
mounts to the inner wheel well as in the on above but it also bolts up =
to another bracket in the recess by the gas tank which mounts up &gt;to =
yet another bracket that bolts up to the mount for the lever shock.? =
This kit transfers the shock loading to the frame point that was =
designed for it.? The down side is there are six pieces requiring 16 new =
holes in the &gt;bodywork and the brackets are bulky.? I removed mine =
after I found the tire on one side was rubbing against the bracket in =
the wheel well.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&nbsp;&nbsp; This is the kit that I installed on my =
TR6 back in &#8217;09. Yes, you had to remove the gas tank to do the =
install and yes, you needed a 90 degree adapter for your drill, but it =
appeared to be the strongest and most well engineered solution available =
at the time. There was an installation glitch in that 2 of the brackets =
were pre-drilled the same when they should have been drilled as a LEFT =
and a RIGHT.&nbsp; We installed the driver&#8217;s side first and it was =
fine but then ran into an issue when we went to install the passenger =
side &#8211; the pre-drilled holes were NOT where they were supposed to =
be on the bracket.&nbsp; There was plenty of space on the bracket to =
drill new holes where they should have been but this caused some =
unnecessary installation angst. At the time, I contacted TRF via an =
email letting them know of the issue and got no response.&nbsp; That kit =
appears to have been discontinued. &nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>Dennis Culligan, Highland NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U =
&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_002E_01D62794.419C1740--

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01D62794.419C1740
	name="CCI05112020.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="CCI05112020.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01D62794.419C1740
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01D62794.419C1740--