Subject: [6pack] ALTERNATOR NOT CHARGING BATTERY 1976 TR6

From: COLIN THOM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 16:51:41 -0600 (MDT)

--===============3824232406472451409==
	boundary="=_58f83f58-863a-491f-9cf8-d7a71a5cd85f"

--=_58f83f58-863a-491f-9cf8-d7a71a5cd85f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

The power tap 3/8 QC connector on the battery positive cable is susceptible to corrosion and can feel tight but not be clean enough for a sufficient connection. If you know for a fact that your alternator is fine and you know for a fact that all your ground connections are tight, take this power tap QX apart and make sure its cleanliness approaches godliness. 

Colin 

From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2020 2:58:23 PM 
Subject: 6pack Digest, Vol 68, Issue 2 

Send 6pack mailing list submissions to 
[email-masked] 

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to 
[email-masked] 

You can reach the person managing the list at 
[email-masked] 

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific 
than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..." 

Today's Topics: 

1. Re: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 
([email-masked]) 
2. Re: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 
([email-masked]) 
3. Re: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 (Richard) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Message: 1 
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 17:31:46 -0400 
From: <[email-masked]> 
To: "'DAVID MASSEY'" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]> 
Cc: <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 

Dave ? 

We checked that connection and it was clean and tight. We are STILL not getting any voltage from the alternator to the battery. We walked through the procedure in Dan Master?s book 3 times and every time, it points to a bad alternator which I had tested and it?s putting out over 13 volts (maybe not enough but more than 12). Why doesn?t this show up at the battery? 

We even tested at the back of the alternator and it only shows 12 volts (?). 

Dennis 

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 5:31 PM 
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked] 
Subject: Re: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 

On the 76 TR6 (well all the CF series cars) the alternator output (brown) wire connects to the power tap on the positive battery positive cable with a 3/8 QC connector. If this connector is not making good connection even a good alternator will not charge the battery. Check that out before you spend any more money. 

Dave 

-----Original Message----- 
Sent: Wed, Sep 30, 2020 11:03 am 
Subject: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 

Here?s a synopsis ? Almost new battery went dead. Charged battery and took car to shop. Meter shows alternator is not charging battery (only 12 volts, not 14.6 as per Dan Master?s book). Buy rebuilt alternator and the same thing happens. Swap alternator for a second rebuilt unit ? same thing, battery is not being charged. Tried 3 different meters ? all showed 12 volts. Hard to believe I got 2 bad rebuilt alternators. What?s wrong?? 

Dennis Culligan, 1976 TR6 

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs <http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs> http://www.team.net/archive 

-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20201001/c158e587/attachment-0001.htm> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 2 
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 17:40:28 -0400 
From: <[email-masked]> 
To: "'Richard'" <[email-masked]> 
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 

Richard ? 

Dropped the alternator off today for rebuild ? we?ll see what we get. Do you have a part number for the Delco replacement? I may need to go that way. Thanks. 

Dennis 

From: Richard <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 6:58 PM 
To: [email-masked] 
Cc: Jim Henningsen <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; [email-masked] 
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 

Jim --- Let us know if rebuilding your original alternator raises the reading to more than 13.xxv. I recall my original Lucas never showed as high as its replacement Delco number of 14.6v 

Dick 

Actually, no they don?t have the facilities. However, I have taken the 2nd alternator to a local auto electric shop where they tested it and it?s only putting out a little over 13 volts which I do not believe is enough. I plan to retrieve my original alternator and have it re-built (which I should have done in the first place). 

Dennis 

Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:31 PM 
Subject: RE: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 

Can?t the parts place test the alternator off the car with their machine? Jim Henningsen 

Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:04 PM 
Subject: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 

Here?s a synopsis ? Almost new battery went dead. Charged battery and took car to shop. Meter shows alternator is not charging battery (only 12 volts, not 14.6 as per Dan Master?s book). Buy rebuilt alternator and the same thing happens. Swap alternator for a second rebuilt unit ? same thing, battery is not being charged. Tried 3 different meters ? all showed 12 volts. Hard to believe I got 2 bad rebuilt alternators. What?s wrong?? 

Dennis Culligan, 1976 TR6 

_______________________________________________ 
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 

http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 

-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20201001/0cf30e09/attachment-0001.htm> 

------------------------------ 

Message: 3 
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 14:58:17 -0700 
From: Richard <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked] 
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 

I asked the counter guy for an alternator for 1980 Cheve V6. 
Clocked it so the mounting points matched the block piece. I recall making a bushing here so the thru bolt fit better. I use the original wire connection junction that's used for the Lucas and crimped on electrical spades from the alternator wires Into the junction. This could be done neater but wanted to keep the Lucas junction box. Not sure why, after about 20 years with the Delco! 
Dick 
> On Oct 1, 2020, at 2:40 PM, <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> 
> Richard ? 
> Dropped the alternator off today for rebuild ? we?ll see what we get. Do you have a part number for the Delco replacement? I may need to go that way. Thanks. 
> Dennis 
> 
> From: Richard <[email-masked]> 
> Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 6:58 PM 
> To: [email-masked] 
> Cc: Jim Henningsen <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; [email-masked] 
> Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 
> 
> Jim --- Let us know if rebuilding your original alternator raises the reading to more than 13.xxv. I recall my original Lucas never showed as high as its replacement Delco number of 14.6v 
> Dick 
> 
> On Sep 30, 2020, at 2:13 PM, <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> 
> Actually, no they don?t have the facilities. However, I have taken the 2nd alternator to a local auto electric shop where they tested it and it?s only putting out a little over 13 volts which I do not believe is enough. I plan to retrieve my original alternator and have it re-built (which I should have done in the first place). 
> Dennis 
> 
> From: Jim Henningsen <[email-masked]> 
> Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:31 PM 
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked] 
> Cc: [email-masked] 
> Subject: RE: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 
> 
> Can?t the parts place test the alternator off the car with their machine? Jim Henningsen 
> 
> From: Triumphs <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked] 
> Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:04 PM 
> To: [email-masked] 
> Cc: [email-masked] 
> Subject: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 
> 
> Here?s a synopsis ? Almost new battery went dead. Charged battery and took car to shop. Meter shows alternator is not charging battery (only 12 volts, not 14.6 as per Dan Master?s book). Buy rebuilt alternator and the same thing happens. Swap alternator for a second rebuilt unit ? same thing, battery is not being charged. Tried 3 different meters ? all showed 12 volts. Hard to believe I got 2 bad rebuilt alternators. What?s wrong?? 
> Dennis Culligan, 1976 TR6 
> _______________________________________________ 
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html 
> Suggested annual donation $12.96 
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
> 
> 
> [email-masked] 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked] 
-------------- next part -------------- 
An HTML attachment was scrubbed... 
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20201001/0fa32329/attachment.htm> 

------------------------------ 

Subject: Digest Footer 

_______________________________________________ 
6pack mailing list 
[email-masked] 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack 

------------------------------ 

End of 6pack Digest, Vol 68, Issue 2 
************************************ 

--=_58f83f58-863a-491f-9cf8-d7a71a5cd85f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-s=
ize: 10pt; color: #000000"><div><br><div style=3D"clear: both;" data-mce-st=
yle=3D"clear: both;"><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div style=3D"clear: bo=
th;" data-mce-style=3D"clear: both;">The power tap 3/8 QC connector on the =
battery positive cable is susceptible to corrosion and can feel tight but n=
ot be clean enough for a sufficient connection. If you know for a fact that=
 your alternator is fine and you know for a fact that all your ground conne=
ctions are tight, take this power tap QX apart and make sure its cleanlines=
s approaches godliness.&nbsp;</div><div style=3D"clear: both;" data-mce-sty=
le=3D"clear: both;"><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div style=3D"clear: bot=
h;" data-mce-style=3D"clear: both;">Colin</div></div><div><br></div><hr id=
=3D"zwchr" data-marker=3D"__DIVIDER__"><div data-marker=3D"__HEADERS__"><b>=
From: </b>[email-masked]<br><b>To: </b>[email-masked]<b=
r><b>Sent: </b>Thursday, October 1, 2020 2:58:23 PM<br><b>Subject: </b>6pac=
k Digest, Vol 68, Issue 2<br></div><div><br></div><div data-marker=3D"__QUO=
TED_TEXT__">Send 6pack mailing list submissions to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><br>To subscribe or unsu=
bscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>or, via email=
, send a message with subject or body 'help' to<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><br>You can reach t=
he person managing the list at<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;[email-masked]<br><br>When replying, please edit your Su=
bject line so it is more specific<br>than "Re: Contents of 6pack digest..."=
<br><br><br>Today's Topics:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Re: [TR] Alternator not =
charging battery - 1976 TR6<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;([email-masked]=
et)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6<=
br>&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;([email-masked])<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. Re: [=
TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6 (Richard)<br><br><br>-------=
---------------------------------------------------------------<br><br>Mess=
age: 1<br>Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 17:31:46 -0400<br>From: &lt;dctr6@optonline=
.net&gt;<br>To: "'DAVID MASSEY'" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Cc: &lt=
;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Alternator not charg=
ing battery - 1976 TR6<br>Message-ID: &lt;009001d6983a$449997d0$cdccc770$@o=
ptonline.net&gt;<br>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>Dave=
 ? <br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;We checked that connection and it was clean a=
nd tight. &nbsp;We are STILL not getting any voltage from the alternator to=
 the battery. &nbsp;We walked through the procedure in Dan Master?s book 3 =
times and every time, it points to a bad alternator which I had tested and =
it?s putting out over 13 volts (maybe not enough but more than 12). Why doe=
sn?t this show up at the battery?<br><br>We even tested at the back of the =
alternator and it only shows 12 volts (?). <br><br>Dennis <br><br>&nbsp;<br=
><br>From: DAVID MASSEY &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Sent: Wednesday, Sep=
tember 30, 2020 5:31 PM<br>To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]=
<br>Cc: [email-masked]<br>Subject: Re: [TR] Alternator not charging b=
attery - 1976 TR6<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>On the 76 TR6 (well all the CF serie=
s cars) the alternator output (brown) wire connects to the power tap on the=
 positive battery positive cable with a 3/8 QC connector. &nbsp;If this con=
nector is not making good connection even a good alternator will not charge=
 the battery. &nbsp;Check that out before you spend any more money.<br><br>=
&nbsp;<br><br>Dave <br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>-----Original Messag=
e-----<br>From: [email-masked] &lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt; <br>=
To: [email-masked] &lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt; <br>Cc: =
[email-masked] &lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt; <br>Sent: Wed, Sep=
 30, 2020 11:03 am<br>Subject: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 =
TR6<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp; Here?s a synopsis ? Almost new battery went dead. C=
harged battery and took car to shop. Meter shows alternator is not charging=
 battery (only 12 volts, not 14.6 as per Dan Master?s book). Buy rebuilt al=
ternator and the same thing happens. &nbsp;Swap alternator for a second reb=
uilt unit ? same thing, battery is not being charged. Tried 3 different met=
ers ? all showed 12 volts. &nbsp;Hard to believe I got 2 bad rebuilt altern=
ators. &nbsp;What?s wrong??<br><br>Dennis Culligan, 1976 TR6 <br><br>** tri=
[email-masked] &lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt; &nbsp;**<br><br=
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/pi=
permail/triumphs &nbsp;&lt;http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs&gt; http:=
//www.team.net/archive<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mai=
lman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<br><br>-------------- next part --=
------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http://autox=
.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20201001/c158e587/attachment-0001.htm=
&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Message: 2<br>Date: Thu, =
1 Oct 2020 17:40:28 -0400<br>From: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: "'Ric=
hard'" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Cc: &lt;[email-masked]&gt=
;,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;[email-masked]&=
gt;<br>Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6=
<br>Message-ID: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Co=
ntent-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>Richard ? <br><br>&nbsp;&n=
bsp; &nbsp;Dropped the alternator off today for rebuild ? we?ll see what we=
 get. Do you have a part number for the Delco replacement? &nbsp;I may need=
 to go that way. &nbsp;Thanks.<br><br>Dennis &nbsp;<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>Fr=
om: Richard &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>Sent: Wednesday, September 3=
0, 2020 6:58 PM<br>To: [email-masked]<br>Cc: Jim Henningsen &lt;trguy7=
[email-masked]&gt;; [email-masked]; [email-masked]<br>Subject: =
Re: [6pack] [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6<br><br>&nbsp;<b=
r><br>Jim --- Let us know if rebuilding your original alternator raises the=
 reading to more than 13.xxv. I recall my original Lucas never showed as hi=
gh as its replacement Delco number of 14.6v <br><br>Dick <br><br><br>On Sep=
 30, 2020, at 2:13 PM, &lt;[email-masked] &lt;mailto:[email-masked]=
et&gt; &gt; &lt;[email-masked] &lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt; &gt;=
 wrote:<br><br>Actually, no they don?t have the facilities. &nbsp;However, =
I have taken the 2nd alternator to a local auto electric shop where they te=
sted it and it?s only putting out a little over 13 volts which I do not bel=
ieve is enough. &nbsp;I plan to retrieve my original alternator and have it=
 re-built (which I should have done in the first place).<br><br>Dennis<br><=
br>&nbsp;<br><br>From: Jim Henningsen &lt;[email-masked] &lt;mailto:trgu=
[email-masked]&gt; &gt; <br>Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:31 PM<br>=
To: [email-masked] &lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt; ; triumphs@autox=
.team.net &lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt; <br>Cc: [email-masked]=
et &lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt; <br>Subject: RE: [TR] Alternator not=
 charging battery - 1976 TR6<br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>Can?t the parts place tes=
t the alternator off the car with their machine? &nbsp;Jim Henningsen<br><b=
r>&nbsp;<br><br>From: Triumphs &lt;[email-masked] &lt;mail=
to:[email-masked]&gt; &gt; On Behalf Of [email-masked]=
t &lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt; <br>Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 202=
0 12:04 PM<br>To: [email-masked] &lt;mailto:[email-masked]=
t&gt; <br>Cc: [email-masked] &lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt; <br>=
Subject: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6<br><br>&nbsp;<br><=
br>&nbsp;&nbsp; Here?s a synopsis ? Almost new battery went dead. Charged b=
attery and took car to shop. Meter shows alternator is not charging battery=
 (only 12 volts, not 14.6 as per Dan Master?s book). Buy rebuilt alternator=
 and the same thing happens. &nbsp;Swap alternator for a second rebuilt uni=
t ? same thing, battery is not being charged. Tried 3 different meters ? al=
l showed 12 volts. &nbsp;Hard to believe I got 2 bad rebuilt alternators. &=
nbsp;What?s wrong??<br><br>Dennis Culligan, 1976 TR6 <br><br>______________=
_________________________________<br>Support Team.Net &lt;http://team.net&g=
t; &nbsp;http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp=
;$12.96<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br><br><br>[email-masked]=
.net &lt;mailto:[email-masked]&gt; <br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
listinfo/6pack<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/opt=
ions/6pack/[email-masked]<br><br>-------------- next part ---------=
-----<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>URL: &lt;http://autox.team.n=
et/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20201001/0cf30e09/attachment-0001.htm&gt;<br=
><br>------------------------------<br><br>Message: 3<br>Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2=
020 14:58:17 -0700<br>From: Richard &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: d=
[email-masked]<br>Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]<br>=
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6<br>Mes=
sage-ID: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>Content-=
Type: text/plain; charset=3D"utf-8"<br><br>I asked the counter guy for an a=
lternator for &nbsp;1980 Cheve V6. <br>Clocked it so the mounting points ma=
tched the block piece. I recall making a bushing here so the thru bolt fit =
better. I use the original wire connection junction that's used for the Luc=
as and crimped on electrical spades from the alternator wires Into the junc=
tion. This could be done neater but wanted to keep the Lucas junction box. =
Not sure why, after about 20 years with the Delco! <br>Dick <br>&gt; On Oct=
 1, 2020, at 2:40 PM, &lt;[email-masked]&gt; &lt;[email-masked]&g=
t; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Richard ?<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; Dropped the alte=
rnator off today for rebuild ? we?ll see what we get. Do you have a part nu=
mber for the Delco replacement? &nbsp;I may need to go that way. &nbsp;Than=
ks.<br>&gt; Dennis <br>&gt; &nbsp;<br>&gt; From: Richard &lt;taylorturbo6@y=
ahoo.com&gt; <br>&gt; Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 6:58 PM<br>&gt; T=
o: [email-masked]<br>&gt; Cc: Jim Henningsen &lt;[email-masked]&gt;=
; [email-masked]; [email-masked]<br>&gt; Subject: Re: [6pack=
] [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6<br>&gt; &nbsp;<br>&gt; Ji=
m --- Let us know if rebuilding your original alternator raises the reading=
 to more than 13.xxv. I recall my original Lucas never showed as high as it=
s replacement Delco number of 14.6v <br>&gt; Dick <br>&gt; <br>&gt; On Sep =
30, 2020, at 2:13 PM, &lt;[email-masked]&gt; &lt;[email-masked]&g=
t; wrote:<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Actually, no they don?t have the facilities. &nb=
sp;However, I have taken the 2nd alternator to a local auto electric shop w=
here they tested it and it?s only putting out a little over 13 volts which =
I do not believe is enough. &nbsp;I plan to retrieve my original alternator=
 and have it re-built (which I should have done in the first place).<br>&gt=
; Dennis<br>&gt; &nbsp;<br>&gt; From: Jim Henningsen &lt;[email-masked]&=
gt; <br>&gt; Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:31 PM<br>&gt; To: dctr6=
@optonline.net; [email-masked]<br>&gt; Cc: [email-masked]<br=
>&gt; Subject: RE: [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6<br>&gt; =
&nbsp;<br>&gt; Can?t the parts place test the alternator off the car with t=
heir machine? &nbsp;Jim Henningsen<br>&gt; &nbsp;<br>&gt; From: Triumphs &l=
t;[email-masked]&gt; On Behalf Of [email-masked]<br>&=
gt; Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:04 PM<br>&gt; To: triumphs@autox=
.team.net<br>&gt; Cc: [email-masked]<br>&gt; Subject: [TR] Alternator=
 not charging battery - 1976 TR6<br>&gt; &nbsp;<br>&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp;Here?s=
 a synopsis ? Almost new battery went dead. Charged battery and took car to=
 shop. Meter shows alternator is not charging battery (only 12 volts, not 1=
4.6 as per Dan Master?s book). Buy rebuilt alternator and the same thing ha=
ppens. &nbsp;Swap alternator for a second rebuilt unit ? same thing, batter=
y is not being charged. Tried 3 different meters ? all showed 12 volts. &nb=
sp;Hard to believe I got 2 bad rebuilt alternators. &nbsp;What?s wrong??<br=
>&gt; Dennis Culligan, 1976 TR6<br>&gt; ___________________________________=
____________<br>&gt; Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&g=
t; Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96<br>&gt; Archive: http://www.team.=
net/archive<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; [email-masked]<br>&gt; http://a=
utox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: h=
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/[email-masked]<br>------=
-------- next part --------------<br>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>=
URL: &lt;http://autox.team.net/pipermail/6pack/attachments/20201001/0fa3232=
9/attachment.htm&gt;<br><br>------------------------------<br><br>Subject: =
Digest Footer<br><br>_______________________________________________<br>6pa=
ck mailing list<br>[email-masked]<br>http://autox.team.net/mailman/li=
stinfo/6pack<br><br><br>------------------------------<br><br>End of 6pack =
Digest, Vol 68, Issue 2<br>************************************<br></div></=
div></body></html>
--=_58f83f58-863a-491f-9cf8-d7a71a5cd85f--

--===============3824232406472451409==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============3824232406472451409==--