Subject: [6pack] MCMASTER - MY CARS

From: "John McMaster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 18:28:48 +1100

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4325297117500485890==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01F5_01D6C421.FB589620"
Content-Language: en-au

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01F5_01D6C421.FB589620
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

G'day Bruce and List,

Thanks Bruce, I've accepted your challenge and apologise for the bandwidth
use.  Firstly, welcome from Canberra, Australia!

Car 1 - 1971 TR6 PI - In original Laurel Green with New Tan interior,
originally LHD underwent a total body-off restoration and conversion to RHD
in 1992.  Fully "enhanced" with most power upgrade options - 2.7L V'd bore,
fully balanced and cross-drilled steel crank, full race cam (almost),
high-lift roller rockers, lightened flywheel, 6-3-1 extractor manifold and
single 2-1/2in exhaust, remote oil feed, electronic ignition, modified Lucas
PI system, electric water pump, Bosch fuel pump, Spax adjustable suspension,
Alfin Brake drums, Compomotive ML wheels and rear shock conversion (3 piece
style).  Purpose built and used extensively in 'mountain' rallies and was
pretty successful.  Puts out about 180 bhp.  Was my daily driver for about 5
years...  Unfortunately, doesn't get used as much as it should now.  Still,
a great car and lots of fun, and did I mention FAST!

Car 2 - 1976 Dolomite 1850 - Triumphs 'small' sedan.  Popular in England,
but not so much world wide.  Australian imports were limited.  Mine is in
French Blue and has been upgraded to 2 litre and Sprint (2500 Sedan)
overdrive gearbox.  A great car to drive, lots of torque and well appointed.
This was my daily driver for many, many years - right up to the time I
decided I needed modern conveniences, like air-conditioning!

Car 3 - 1976 Dolomite Sprint - my retirement project.  Car was sitting in
the shed for years waiting for attention.  Decided on a V6 conversion from a
Commodore (using a basic Buick 3.8l unit). Cheaper to rebuild than the
Sprint 2 litre 16 valve unit.  Car has many, many improvements including
massive disc brakes front and rear, BW LSD diff, 5 speed Getrag Gearbox,
fully customised and refurbished interior, running on 15 inch wheels and
producing around 250 bhp in a car that weighs just over a tonne.  This car
featured in the April/May edition of Triumph World Magazine.  It's an
absolute hoot to drive and certainly surprises many on the road!  It's
finished in bright yellow with black out door surrounds and looks stunning.
You know you're on a winner when the young blokes in their Japanese "racers"
say "nice car".

Hope you enjoy your Triumphs as much as I do. While the fully engineered
Dolomite V6 is the go-to car in my 'fleet', the TR6 is still the best
bang-for-bucks drive!

John TR666

71 TR6 PI

76 Dolomite 1850

76 Dolomite Sprint (V6)

------=_NextPart_000_01F5_01D6C421.FB589620
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:x=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-AU =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>G&#8217;day Bruce and =
List,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks Bruce, I&#8217;ve accepted your challenge and =
apologise for the bandwidth use.&nbsp; Firstly, welcome from Canberra, =
Australia!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Car 1 &#8211; 1971 TR6 PI &#8211; In original Laurel =
Green with New Tan interior, originally LHD underwent a total body-off =
restoration and conversion to RHD in 1992.&nbsp; Fully =
&#8220;enhanced&#8221; with most power upgrade options &#8211; 2.7L =
V&#8217;d bore, fully balanced and cross-drilled steel crank, full race =
cam (almost), high-lift roller rockers, lightened flywheel, 6-3-1 =
extractor manifold and single 2-1/2in exhaust, remote oil feed, =
electronic ignition, modified Lucas PI system, electric water pump, =
Bosch fuel pump, Spax adjustable suspension, Alfin Brake drums, =
Compomotive ML wheels and rear shock conversion (3 piece style).&nbsp; =
Purpose built and used extensively in &#8216;mountain&#8217; rallies and =
was pretty successful.&nbsp; Puts out about 180 bhp.&nbsp; Was my daily =
driver for about 5 years&#8230;..&nbsp; Unfortunately, doesn&#8217;t get =
used as much as it should now.&nbsp; Still, a great car and lots of fun, =
and did I mention FAST!<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Car 2 =
&#8211; 1976 Dolomite 1850 &#8211; Triumphs &#8216;small&#8217; =
sedan.&nbsp; Popular in England, but not so much world wide.&nbsp; =
Australian imports were limited.&nbsp; Mine is in French Blue and has =
been upgraded to 2 litre and Sprint (2500 Sedan) overdrive =
gearbox.&nbsp; A great car to drive, lots of torque and well =
appointed.&nbsp; This was my daily driver for many, many years &#8211; =
right up to the time I decided I needed modern conveniences, like =
air-conditioning!<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Car 3 =
&#8211; 1976 Dolomite Sprint &#8211; my retirement project.&nbsp; Car =
was sitting in the shed for years waiting for attention.&nbsp; Decided =
on a V6 conversion from a Commodore (using a basic Buick 3.8l unit). =
Cheaper to rebuild than the Sprint 2 litre 16 valve unit.&nbsp; Car has =
many, many improvements including massive disc brakes front and rear, BW =
LSD diff, 5 speed Getrag Gearbox, fully customised and refurbished =
interior, running on 15 inch wheels and producing around 250 bhp in a =
car that weighs just over a tonne.&nbsp; This car featured in the =
April/May edition of <i>Triumph World</i> Magazine.&nbsp; It&#8217;s an =
absolute hoot to drive and certainly surprises many on the road!&nbsp; =
It&#8217;s finished in bright yellow with black out door surrounds and =
looks stunning.&nbsp; You know you&#8217;re on a winner when the young =
blokes in their Japanese &#8220;racers&#8221; say &#8220;nice =
car&#8221;.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hope you enjoy your Triumphs as much as I do. While =
the fully engineered Dolomite V6 is the go-to car in my =
&#8216;fleet&#8217;, the TR6 is still the best bang-for-bucks =
drive!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>John TR666<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>71 TR6 =
PI<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>76 Dolomite 1850<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>76 Dolomite Sprint =
(V6)<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_01F5_01D6C421.FB589620--

--===============4325297117500485890==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/6pack

--===============4325297117500485890==--