Subject: [Bricklin] Bendex or Kelsey Hayes brake / wheel bearing info

From: "Kevin Rodgers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 12:06:20 -0400

Hi everyone

I need to replace my brake pads on 2824 and was wondering if anyone has
some firsthand knowledge of part #s.   Because there are two different
front brake setups on our cars (Bendix and Kelsey Hayes) some of the
information available on the WEB is confusing or not specific enough to
know if the quoted parts are for Bendix or Kelsey Hayes.   Can anyone
out there provide the part #s for the pads that they successfully used
and if the caliper was Bendix or Kelsey Hayes.

Bendix - flexible brake line connected directly to the caliper, held on
with allan screw and slider plate

Kelsey Hayes - the last 3' of the brake line is metal, the caliper is
held on with 2 bolts.

The other information that I am trying to clear up is the wheel bearing
information.  I'll probably also replace the wheel bearings as a result
of Terry's article in April 2013 Bricklin.   Again I've been told the
wheel bearing are different depending on if the car has Bendix or Kelsey
Hayes setup and there is no mention of there being different wheel
bearing in any of the parts cross references.  Anyone able to confirm
these are different?  Anyone have firsthand experience with the parts #
for the front wheel bearing?

Regards

Kevin

Vin 2824 (with Bendix front brakes)

Vin 2455 (with Kelsey Hayes front brakes)
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive