Subject: [Bricklin] Bricklin Lower Control arm

From: Kevin Rodgers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 00:57:38 +0000

Has anyone ever had to replace the lower control arm?  I am in need of the
right lower control arm as I'm told mine is damaged and therefore it needs to
be replaced in order to pass the local vehicle safety inspection.

I have seen these AMC parts on ebay from time to time but I suspect I need to
scour the junk yards.   Before I do I thought I would ask if anyone has ever
gone through this before.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

See you in London

Kevin
Vins 2455, 2824
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: D Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 09:52:17 GMT FILETIME=[FF321880:01CE7C89]

What form of damage is it? 

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Rodgers
Sent: Monday, July 8, 2013 8:57 PM
To: Bricklin ([email-masked])
Subject: [Bricklin] Bricklin Lower Control arm

See you in London

Kevin
Vins 2455, 2824

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 13:36:04 +0000 (UTC)

I just took my suspension completely apart. Don't think you actually have to
take the spring out to get the lower ar m free asB the spring B is held in
place by the upper control arm, saddle and the tower. However, if you want to
take out the spring, I found a supplier on line who makes an AMC/Mustang
spring removal tool that is really easy and safe ! The tool mounts like the
shock absorber and then pulls the spring up so that you can remove the upper
control arm and then you simply let the spring uncompress by unscrewing the
tool. Let me know if anyone wants more info. Have told John about it just
haven't had time to write anything up on it yet. Pugs 756

tool costs approx $100 with overnight shipping.

----- Original Message -----

From: "D Walker" <[email-masked]>
To: "Kevin Rodgers" <[email-masked]>, "Bricklin"
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 3:52:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Bricklin Lower Control arm

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Rodgers
Sent: Monday, July 8, 2013 8:57 PM
To: Bricklin ([email-masked])
Subject: [Bricklin] Bricklin Lower Control arm

Has anyone ever had to replace the lower control arm? B I am in need of the
right lower control arm as I'm told mine is damaged and therefore it needs to
be replaced in order to pass the local vehicle safety inspection.

I have seen these AMC parts on ebay from time to time but I suspect I need to
scour the junk yards. B  Before I do I thought I would ask if anyone has ever
gone through this before.

See you in London

Kevin
Vins 2455, 2824
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive