Subject: [Bricklin] 75 - Wires to ign. module hot

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 15:24:03 -0400

I just got this email from "serge berube " <[email-masked]> in
Canada.

-------------

if ur near 75 brick turn key on but don't start check wire that goes 
to moduel if it get warm to touch about ten inches from both plugs 
going up I'm going nuts I changed everything and mine still going hot 
want to know if normal I put 3 new harness changed everything 
electronic still getting hot even ground engine ext I'm at a lost any 
input lol car starts run ok

And its so weared only about 4 inches of all wire gets. Hot

--------------

Unfortunately, I can't check on my car as I don't have a battery in it now - it
died.

Can someone check their car.  Any body have any ideas?

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:35:46 -0400

It appears that some of the "new" ignition boxes are not heat sinked well, The
components seem to transfer too much heat into the wiring and not the case.
The manufacturer probably save a tenth of penny by eliminating the heat sink
grease when mounting the board to the case... if it is even mounted and not
just glued in

On 10/16/2013 3:24:03 PM, John T. Blair ([email-masked]) wrote:
> going up I'm
> going nuts I changed everything and mine still going hot
> Unfortunately, I can't
> check on my car as I don't have a battery in it now - it
> died.
>
> If yo