Subject: [Bricklin] Air Lines Replacement?

From: "Greg Schroeder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 23:48:42 -0500 s=q20140121; t=1406263742; bh=4rH+61Y9bwHd3qYpunAIkLZSMSfcUfn39bm4cAP38BE=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=DaLHlxh9D+Bt+mtEWudF4fJ/lfO5+05J7U6jl2aAu/zTmcqiTtZYXOzUbRCzYf8nu 6aeuRsvkwvHG/sYkOScizUS0uVpEFj6GoaQGfQSA2orEoe5nxERVCpOQ9sdjWT/EKC 2cutA7Kw1U4mnJd3hCnDGPtGcphb0b2ar2gTMbIKKrhKUdBDe9tv0v01XZj9cQ2PED 2pX6/eglYbCYmJwDDHtdfn3ZxX7/SMCxJVGGMOg9zq5DDRgsYgWJklX8FGKn3m/ccn rSD6U0HfrcZHwXumaQ810Z9iG4LINsMG5fj6M4uIVXGhoa59AhftBxM6tHiEkD9RBs xoSaBg91TyM8A==

Is there a recommended interval for replacing air door lines?  I have
developed a slow leak that I have not been able to track down at any of the
connections.  So I am wondering if it could be the air lines causing the
issue.  If I let the car sit without the compressor on it will drop down to
about 80 lbs. overnight.   I need a little over 100 lbs. for my doors to open.
I had replaced the pump a few years back with Viair a 145 lbs. cut off switch.
My original pump could not fill over 115 lbs.  I am wondering with the newer
pump and higher pressure cut off it I have exceeded some of the original lines
capacity.

If I need to replace these can you recommend an online vendor?

Greg 0036
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 06:01:09 -0400

before you change the compressor add a new check valve between it and the
tank. you can cut one in about a foot from the one in the flex hose near the
compressor, Viair uses a shuttle type valve and corrosion can cause it to
stick causing a leak back into the compressor. I use a low crack flapper
style, they seem to work very well.

On 7/25/2014 12:48:42 AM, Greg Schroeder ([email-masked]) wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.
> net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive