Subject: [Bricklin] Norton Speed Grip

From: Alan Coleman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 18:01:42 +0000 FILETIME=[7A985100:01CFB1A0]

One of my old high school shop teachers has motivated me to start working on
#246 again and I'm making some progress.  I'm at the point where I will need
to order the Norton Speed Grip (if that's what is still being used) and the
gun to attach the body panels and I've noticed they have many different
adhesives.  Is the correct one the #04617 urethane adhesive?  Will I also need
the "SpeedGrip Adhesion Promoter"?

During the process of fitting the roof and "A" pillar panels, I've been going
back and forth between the old ones and the new to check for fit.  I can't
believe how badly the old roof panel was originally fitted.  Also, I
discovered there was no definite pattern for attaching the pop rivets to hold
the panels in place while the adhesive was hardening.  It was just "kind of
close".

Thanks in advance for the info.

Alan Coleman
#246 (Original Owner)
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive