Subject: Re: [Bricklin] javascript

From: Alan Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 08:33:13 -0500

Javascript is evil.  I do not have it, and thus soem poorly designed websites do
not work for me.  I just saw something on the news a week or so ago saying it is
best if you do have it to turn it off if you want to protect sensitive inof you
may have on your computer.  It was sort of a sidebar to the main story about a
new type of cookies even more evil than noraml cookies as they do not diappear
when you quit your web browser or reboot your computer.

I do not have it but I beleive the newest version of my web browser, Classilla,
does have the option to turn javascript on for sites that you choose or it has
a known safe category of.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Smoky & Connie Panepinto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 09:23:49 -0400

Yes; I agree from my readings and checking with my techie friends.  Don't
click 'yes' to the request from Java for the update..... I have  been
clicking 'no' for many months now based on their advice.  The older version
I have seems to allow me to operate without any hiccups, and I have avoided
the newer, more insidious version, at least so far.

Thanks for the tip, Alan.

Smoky P.

Smoky Panepinto,
Perkiomenville, PA
Editor, Phila. Lincoln Owner's Club Continental STAR newsletter

Original Owner '75 Bricklin - Suntan; VIN 1302

'63 Lincoln Continental Conv't
Black/Maroon/White
Appears in TRANSFORMERS 3
White House scene, 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Bricklin [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alan
Morton
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2014 9:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] javascript

Javascript is evil.  I do not have it, and thus soem poorly designed
websites do not work for me.  I just saw something on the news a week or so
ago saying it is best if you do have it to turn it off if you want to
protect sensitive inof you may have on your computer.  It was sort of a
sidebar to the main story about a new type of cookies even more evil than
noraml cookies as they do not diappear when you quit your web browser or
reboot your computer.

I do not have it but I beleive the newest version of my web browser,
Classilla, does have the option to turn javascript on for sites that you
choose or it has a known safe category of.
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive