Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Brake questions

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 23:13:38 -0400

At 10:59 PM 6/9/2015, Paul wrote:

 >The 40 year old has a leaky brake cylinder which was 
fixed....checked for a '75
 >Matador and Advance Auto had the parts IN STOCK, along with the brake
 >shoes!  But the metal 1/4" brake line to the wheel cylinder could 
not be loosened
 >and I needed to replace it.  The line goes from the wheel toward 
the middle of
 >the rear axle where it goes into a small brass distribution block.

Paul,

I don't know of any "replacement" for that line.  You'll have to 
measure the length
of the existing line, then get a generic line that is equal to or 
longer than the original.  Then carefully bend it to match the 
original.  If the new line is longer, then
you'll want to take up the excess length by putting a "U" in the line.

 >That screws down into the rear axle.  The feed for that block is a 
rubber (hydraulic?)
 >hose about a foot long which goes to a connection into another 
metal 1/4" brake
 >line. It seems like the rubber hose is actually part of the brass 
distribution block. I'm
 >guessing it's rubber to allow for the movement of the rear axle, up 
and down.

Yes, the axle movement is why there is a flex line there.

 >Does anyone know where the brass block and /or rubber hose are from 
or where I
 >could get one?

Autozone has the line with the brass block.  AZ has them, but I think 
you have to order it.

http://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-hose-rear/brakeware-brake-hose-rear/amc/hornet/1975/6-cylinders-a-4-2l-1bl/118372_166223_1903/

 >Do any of our B parts suppliers have these things? I'd like to 
patronize them.

I'd expect Terry, Bob, and Les to all have them.  But they probably 
get them from
their local auto part store.  You do NOT want a NOS one.  The rubber 
would be 40
yrs old and no good any more.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Pugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 05:45:09 -0600

I got mine (hose w block) from rock auto I believe. Just several months ago.
Will have to look for part # for u

Pugs Pivirotto

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 9:13 PM, "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
http://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-hose-rear/brakeware
-brake-hose-rear/amc/hornet/1975/6-cylinders-a-4-2l-1bl/118372_166223_1903/
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Pugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 05:56:43 -0600

The part # is BH36778.

Pugs Pivirotto

---

From: George Malaska <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:26:59 -0400

You can also go to RockAuto.com. P/N is 15063301 by Centric.

George J. Malaska, V.P.Membership

Bricklin International Owners Club

Cell: 216-374-2531
Home: 440-281-8468

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 05:56:43 -0600
> To: [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Brake questions
>
> The part # is BH36778.
>
> Pugs Pivirotto
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Paul J. Amoroso" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 13:01:29 -0400

Thanks for all your (collective) help!  Greatly appreciated.

Paul Amoroso
#1207

On 06/10/15 9:26 AM, George Malaska wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]