Subject: [Bricklin] Brake questions

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 22:59:50 -0400

Gang,

I'm forwarding this for Paul Amoroso: "Paul J. Amoroso, CPA" 
<[email-masked]>

John

---------------

 From "Paul J. Amoroso, CPA" <[email-masked]>

Hi;

The 40 year old has a leaky brake cylinder which was fixed....checked
for a '75 Matador and Advance Auto had the parts IN STOCK, along with 
the brake shoes!  But the metal 1/4" brake line to the wheel cylinder 
could not be loosened and I needed to replace it.  The line goes from 
the wheel toward the middle of the rear axle where it goes into a 
small brass distribution block.  That screws down into the rear 
axle.  The feed for that block is a rubber (hydraulic?) hose about a 
foot long which goes to a connection into another metal 1/4" brake 
line. It seems like the rubber hose is actually part of the brass 
distribution block. I'm guessing it's rubber to allow for the 
movement of the rear axle, up and down.  Makes sense.

Do you know if there have been how-to articles on this in the 
Brickline?   Does anyone know where the brass block and /or rubber 
hose are from or where I could get one?  Do any of our B parts 
suppliers have these things? I'd like to patronize them.

Virtually all of our cars are 40 (or more) by the end of this year. 
Hope they all doing well.

Thanking you in advance for any help,

Paul Amoroso
#1207

--------------------------------

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive