Subject: [Bricklin] Safety Orange Paint Code

From: Alan Coleman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 18:58:31 +0000 FILETIME=[FD4297E0:01D1051F]

All of the old RM, PPG, Dupont paint codes are no longer valid/can't be mixed
because of EPA regulations and there are no substitutes that they cross
reference to.  I have body panels at a shop to be painted and they can't match
the Safety Orange.  What formula are shops using now to match the Safety
Orange?
Thanks for the help.
AlanC#246
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Jon Postoloff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:15:26 -0400

Alan, 

The paint shop I used to paint the fiberglass doors was MTK (Single Stage
Omni) 72183 Bricklin Safety Red.  The car itself in all practical purposes
in orange in color.  It is a good match although you can see a difference
between the door and the body.  

Jon Postoloff
Columbia, SC  

-----Original Message-----
From: Bricklin [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alan
Coleman
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 2:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Bricklin] Safety Orange Paint Code

All of the old RM, PPG, Dupont paint codes are no longer valid/can't be
mixed because of EPA regulations and there are no substitutes that they
cross reference to.  I have body panels at a shop to be painted and they
can't match the Safety Orange.  What formula are shops using now to match
the Safety Orange?
Thanks for the help.
AlanC#246
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSC_0487 (2).JPG]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive