Subject: [Bricklin] Glasspack

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 19:37:48 +0000

anybody tried installing a glasspack on a Bricklin? I heard this gives a cool roar while being fairly quiet...
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jim Terry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 07:27:15 -0400

I haven't installed glasspacks in my Bricklin but I did install 2 24"
glasspacks in my '71 Mustang (Sport Roof) with a similar engine: V8 302.
It did make a satisfying 'Growl' but it was ANYTHING but quiet!  I had to turn
off the engine to order at a drive-thru and had to remove them when I was
given my 3rd ticket for noise.
Things may have changed quite a bit since then but from my experience,
glasspacks are not quite.

JT (Jim Terry)

> Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 19:37:48 +0000
> To: [email-masked]
> From: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Bricklin] Glasspack
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bill Lott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 09:02:20 -0400

This was my solution...

I installed "electronic cutouts" that I could control with a remote key fob.
Quiet factory exhaust (and radio) when I wanted and then at the press of a
button loud rumble.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image1.JPG; x-apple-part-url=3E7F7B3C-3367-4E8A-8A47-F3AD5C4DE28A]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image2.JPG; x-apple-part-url=96BDFA06-2B69-4964-B264-1AFADF3B939E]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type video/quicktime which had a name of Video.MOV; x-apple-part-url=67ACE250-7918-4435-9CAC-5C1993C6A69F]
Bill Lott
510 Lake Forest Parkway
Louisville, KY. 40245

(502) 905-5688 mobile
[email-masked]

// sent from my iPhone

On May 9, 2016, at 7:27 AM, Jim Terry <[email-masked]> wrote:

It did make a satisfying 'Growl' but it was ANYTHING but quiet!  I had to
turn

JT (Jim Terry)

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive