Subject: [Bricklin] 74 Starter Solenoid

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2018 11:07:39 -0500

Hey gang,

I should know the answer to this but I'm coming up blank.  I've tried 
searching the forums and can't get that to work so I'm dropping back 
to old school.

Anyway, I'm looking for info on the 74 starter solenoids.  I've been told that
they use a switched ground instead of a switched +12V to trigger them.  Is
this correct?

Any body have a good part number?  I've just spent over an hour looking
through the various parts suppliers, RockAuto, AutoZone, O'Reily's, 
etc. trying to find the solenoids.  Unfortunately, most show the same 
solenoids.

So anybody with a 74 that has changed their solenoid?  If so do you 
have a manufacturer and part no. for what you used?  Am I correct, 
that the 74's
use a switched ground to trigger the solenoid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/morgan
Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: bricklin0095 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 21:35:06 -0500

John, the solenoid that was used on all bricklins was the standard ford solenoid.Amc used a special version of this that had an extra spade connector that allowed the neutral safety swich to provide the ground path that allowed the solenoid to work.B The normal , including bricklin solenoid grounded through the mounting bolts to the fender.B Hope this helps.Sent from my Galaxy Tab A
-------- Original message --------From: Pugs2 <[email-masked]> Date: 11/8/18  1:51 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]> Cc: [email-masked] Subject: Re: [Bricklin] 74 Starter Solenoid John not sure what u mean by switched but it is just the Std ford sol thatFord used for years. If I go home later I can get u a part number #756Pugs Pivirotto> On Nov 8, 2018, at 9:07 AM, John T. Blair <[email-masked]> wrote:>> Hey gang,>> I should know the answer to this but I'm coming up blank.B  I've triedsearching the forums and can't get that to work so I'm dropping back to oldschool.>> Anyway, I'm looking for info on the 74 starter solenoids.B  I've been toldthat> they use a switched ground instead of a switched +12V to trigger them.B  Is> this correct?>> Any body have a good part number?B  I've just spent over an hour looking> through the various parts suppliers, RockAuto, AutoZone, O'Reily's, etc.trying to find the solenoids.B  Unfortunately, most show the same solenoids.>> So anybody with a 74 that has changed their solenoid?B  If so do you have amanufacturer and part no. for what you used?B  Am I correct, that the 74's> use a switched ground to trigger the solenoid?>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.>> John>>>> John T. BlairB  WA4OHZB B B B  email:B  [email-masked]> Va. Beach, VaB B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B  Phone:B  (757) 495-8229>>B B B B B B B B B  48 TR1800B B B  48 #4 MidgetB B B  65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)>B B B B  75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)B B B  77 SpitfireB B B  71 Saab Sonett III>B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B  65 Rambler Classic>> Morgan:B B B  www.team.net/morgan> Bricklin:B B B B  www.bricklin.org>> If you can read thisB B B B B B B B B B B B  - Thank a teacher!> If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!>> From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:>B B B B  e pluribus Unum, "from many, one.">B B B B  In God We Trust>B B B B  Liberty - theB  powerB  ofB  choosing,B  thinking,B  andB  actingB  for>B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B  oneself; freedomB  fromB  controlB  orB  restriction>>>>> ---> This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.> https://www.avast.com/antivirus> _______________________________________________> [email-masked]> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html> Suggested annual donationB  $11.47> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]@autox.team.netDonate: http://www.team.net/donate.htmlSuggested annual donationB  $11.47Archive: http://www.team.net/archiveForums: http://www.team.net/forumsUnsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/bricklin/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive