Subject: [Fot] Buying Parts From England

From: Dan Forgey via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2026 08:11:57 -0800

--===============0114662998589707874==

--=-oU+zFi8YVM0miBa/l3Pycg==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks for the many responses.

I had ordered parts from Rimmer Brothers who had great sale prices on =
them.  When the "extras" came in at almost equal to the parts cost I c=
ancelled.  Fortunately the parts were wants rather than needs.

It seems that listers experiences vary all over the place.  Crazy!

Dan
--=-oU+zFi8YVM0miBa/l3Pycg==
Content-Id: <9UDD9VG0ASU4.6KOVFQT2BX8X1@luweb03oc>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML>
<BODY>
<div>Thanks for the many responses.</div><div class=3D"rteDiv"></div><=
div><br>
</div>I had ordered parts from Rimmer Brothers who had great sale pric=
es on them.&nbsp; When the "extras" came in at almost equal to the par=
ts cost I cancelled.&nbsp; Fortunately the parts were wants rather tha=
n needs.<div><br>
</div><div>It seems that listers experiences vary all over the place.&=
nbsp; Crazy!</div><div><br>
</div><div>Dan</div>
</BODY></HTML>

--=-oU+zFi8YVM0miBa/l3Pycg==--

--===============0114662998589707874==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
[email-masked]

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot

--===============0114662998589707874==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman via Fot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2026 11:04:38 -0800

I just cancelled a US$56 UK parts purchase for a light weight sheet 
metal latch that is maybe a foot square and less than 2 inches high when 
folded. Shipping was to be just under $100 US dollars. Not counting the 
new additional tariff Trump has just promised on countries supporting 
Greenland. For now, bailing wire will do until someone comes along who 
realizes tariffs are paid by the American purchaser. Or even cares.

TeriAnn

On 1/18/26 8:11 AM, Dan Forgey via Fot wrote:
> I had ordered parts from Rimmer Brothers who had great sale prices on 
> them.  When the "extras" came in at almost equal to the parts cost I 
> cancelled.  Fortunately the parts were wants rather than needs.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]

---

From: Terry Sopher via Fot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2026 15:51:23 -0500

No politics - Just Triumphs!

> On Jan 18, 2026, at 15:03, TeriAnn J. Wakeman via Fot <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I just cancelled a US$56 UK parts purchase for a light weight sheet metal latch that is maybe a foot square and less than 2 inches high when folded. Shipping was to be just under $100 US dollars. Not counting the new additional tariff Trump has just promised on countries supporting Greenland. For now, bailing wire will do until someone comes along who realizes tariffs are paid by the American purchaser. Or even cares.
> 
> TeriAnn
> 
>> I had ordered parts from Rimmer Brothers who had great sale prices on them.  When the "extras" came in at almost equal to the parts cost I cancelled.  Fortunately the parts were wants rather than needs.
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/[email-masked]
> 
>