Subject: Re: [Healeys]Side Curtain Weatherstrip Install Questions

From: "Steve B. Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 10:09:32 -0800

Rich,
Thankyou for the detailed reply - it answered my questions. None of the various screws impinge on the channels into which the rubbers slide.

Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:16:18 -0400
From: "Rich Chrysler" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Steve Gerow'" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Side Curtain Weatherstrip Install Questions
Message-ID: <000e01cd24e4$e635a070$b2a0e150$@net>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Steve,

The rubber leading edge and bottom edge side screen seals have to be
installed starting at the lower front corner. The rubber seal has a T
section that must be forced into the extruded channel. You'll find that a
bit of the T needs to be removed at the root of this junction for about 1/4"
as there's no complete slot at the very front corner of the aluminum.
Work by pushing the one side of the T into the groove, then with a flat
blunt (not sharp) tool such as a flat bladed screwdriver, carefully push the
other edge of the T into the slot. You can use a bit of liquid soap as a
lube, though I find that a bit of silicone spray helps this go well and
keeps the rubber from tearing or chafing from being too "dry" as it's being
worked into the channel.
I've never been able to draw the rubber along the channel very successfully
unless it's just to adjust the fit a bit.
I don't know what you are referring to re the mounting screws.
The small Phillips screw at the top is just to pierce into and hold the flat
rubber button shank that cushions the side screen frame from the top latch
anchor stud on the windscreen frame. The other rubber button on the rear
mounting iron that cushions the iron from contacting the door cockpit rail
is a friction push fit.

Rich

-- 
Steve Gerow
Altadena, CA
BN6
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]