Subject: [Healeys] Paint stripper

From: "Allyn Richardson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 16:53:14 -0700

I had the same concerns myself. I think the Aluminum used for the shrouds
was a 1000 series aluminum , very soft to begin with. And becomes work
hardened by forming it. He assured me that he has processed many aluminum
bodied cars this way. And not to worry. In the interest of full disclosure I
never proceeded with it myself. I think the key is that the car is complete
and panels attached. They will remain in shape and not relax out of shape if
held in place.

It definitely would require a leap of faith on this method and some more
research. Just wanted to throw it out there as an alternative people are
doing now.   
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]