Subject: [Healeys] fuel sending unit

From: rick thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 13:31:16 -0400

hey there every one
In the never ending battle of an accurate fuel guage, does anyone have any thing to say on these double brush sending units curently being old on E Bay
thanks

Rick 
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:30:10 -0700

I bought one from NOS locators and the quality is excellent. However, 
for my application (BT7) it would not read correctly. The OMH range 
was off. I believe it needs to read in the 0-70 or 0-90 range. I 
could not get it even close to those ranges on my work bench. I never 
put it in the car. I sent the sender to West Valley Instruments to 
have the gauge restored and to have him calibrate it. He had an 
original sender that I bought instead.

John

At 01:31 PM 4/22/2012 -0400, rick thomas wrote:
>hey there every one
>In the never ending battle of an accurate fuel guage, does anyone 
>have any thing to say on these double brush sending units curently 
>being old on E Bay
>thanks
>
>Rick

[email-masked]