Subject: [Healeys] Early BN1 White Wheel Wells

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:28:17 -0400

Fascinating bit of archaeology there, Mike.  I've not seen your white wheel
wells in my travels.

For what its worth, I'm sending you a scan of a Rinshead-Mason colour chip
sheet from 1954.  It has no fewer than THREE shades of Healey Blue, each
specific to a year.  The attached formula tables show a FOURTH Healey Blue for
1955.  The sheet was current with the actual cars being sold at the time, and
so had to match what was being produced pretty well.

- Ice Blue (non-metallic)   1953
- Ice Blue Iridescent   1953
- Ice Blue Iridescent   1954
- Ice Blue Iridescent   1955

While the formulas are no longer useful, comparing the tinting ingredients
between the four shades of Healey Blue makes for an interesting comparison.
For example, the 1953 shade contains both medium and coarse iridescent flakes,
while the others have only coarse.  Two shades include red or maroon tints,
which are not present in the other two.

Best
Peter

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Nov 19540396.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of RM Healey Blues I0183.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of RM Healey Blues II0184.jpg]
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]