Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 +

From: EDWARD ANDERSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:23:20 +0000

I should have asked this when it was the hot topic of the week. I noticed that
nearly everyone who had got their Healey over the ton had mentioned the too
light front end except the one who got to 160 something. Anyone know what that
person did to hold down front? The only thing I can think of that might work
would be a spoiler mounted on top of shroud in front of hood ( pref removeable
) so air pressure would hold front down. Yes-no?
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: EDWARD ANDERSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:28:02 +0000

Was at mechanic's shop this a.m. to see leaf springs gone, coil over Koni's in
and calipers and discs in. BEAUTIFUL Took pics and will post w/total cost
soon. Anxious to try it out.
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]

---

From: "Fred Crowley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:10:14 -0500

On my race '62 3000, at Texas World Speedway, I regularly get the car up to 
around 130 mph at the end of the start/finish straight. I've lowered the 
front end about 1 1/2 inches and the rear about 3/8", use competition 
springs up front and comp leaf springs in back (D. Welch). Rock solid 
(relatively speaking - it is an old english bus after all). Lowering the car 
looks good and has stabilized the car at speed, but of course this has only 
made ground clearance even worse. No problem at the track, but one needs to 
be more conscious of obstructions on the street. An obvious question to me 
tho', do y'all want to do a 100mph with a street car. Most speed limits top 
out @70 (75 in west Texas), so I would think that a little better stability 
over a 100 would be a non-issue at legal speeds (be aware of course that 
I've sucked up a lot of 110 octane fuel over the years so my perspective 
might be a tad different)????? Good tires and a solid suspension (good 
shocks, springs, alignment and camber) would probably give a better return 
than coping with a lower ground clearance.

Y'all take care, eh?
Fred
a.k. Team Healey Texas

-----Original Message----- 
From: EDWARD ANDERSON
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 +

I should have asked this when it was the hot topic of the week. I noticed 
that
nearly everyone who had got their Healey over the ton had mentioned the too
light front end except the one who got to 160 something. Anyone know what 
that
person did to hold down front? The only thing I can think of that might work
would be a spoiler mounted on top of shroud in front of hood ( pref 
removeable
) so air pressure would hold front down. Yes-no?
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:02:03 +0000 (UTC)

"Y'all take care, eh?" 

Canadexan, or a Texanadian? 

Canooxan? Texanook? 

Bob 

-------------------------------- 
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA 

----- Original Message -----

Y'all take care, eh? 
Fred 
a.k. Team Healey Texas 

[email-masked]

---

From: Henry Morrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:03:05 -0600

C'mon, lots of 80 mph stuff in West Texas.   Henry Morrison, Albuquerque, NM

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:10:14 -0500
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Fred Crowley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:25:09 -0500

Nope, just part of the bEh?b Team.

Fred

From: Bob Spidell
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:02 PM
To: Fred Crowley
Cc: Healey List
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 +

"Y'all take care, eh?"

Canooxan?  Texanook?

Bob

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---

Y'all take care, eh?
Fred
a.k. Team Healey Texas

[email-masked]