Subject: [Healeys] Side Curtain Weatherstrip Install Questions

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:39:44 -0700

Can anyone direct me to info on how to remove and replace the weatherstrip
on the aluminum side curtains?

Does one just remove the mounting screws that are in line with the rubber as
well as the small Philips screw at the top?

If I do that, can I slide the old rubber out and slide the new one in? Do I
use soap for lube?

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: "Rich Chrysler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:16:18 -0400

Steve,

The rubber leading edge and bottom edge side screen seals have to be
installed starting at the lower front corner. The rubber seal has a T
section that must be forced into the extruded channel. You'll find that a
bit of the T needs to be removed at the root of this junction for about 1/4"
as there's no complete slot at the very front corner of the aluminum.
Work by pushing the one side of the T into the groove, then with a flat
blunt (not sharp) tool such as a flat bladed screwdriver, carefully push the
other edge of the T into the slot. You can use a bit of liquid soap as a
lube, though I find that a bit of silicone spray helps this go well and
keeps the rubber from tearing or chafing from being too "dry" as it's being
worked into the channel.
I've never been able to draw the rubber along the channel very successfully
unless it's just to adjust the fit a bit. 
I don't know what you are referring to re the mounting screws. 
The small Phillips screw at the top is just to pierce into and hold the flat
rubber button shank that cushions the side screen frame from the top latch
anchor stud on the windscreen frame. The other rubber button on the rear
mounting iron that cushions the iron from contacting the door cockpit rail
is a friction push fit.

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Steve Gerow
Sent: 2012-04-27 7:40
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Side Curtain Weatherstrip Install Questions

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6
$12.75

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of apr2411 036.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of apr2411 031.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of apr2411 034.jpg]

[email-masked]