Subject: [Healeys] great supplier

From: EDWARD ANDERSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 22:33:27 +0000

Recently installed a "wink" mirror purchased from O'Reilleys. Found I needed 2
glue to the windshield mounting adaptors. Had just recieved a catalog from
Pegasus. They carry a huge amount of obscure automotive equipment, stuff you
can't find anywhere else. Brousing thru I saw they sell the wink mirror and
adaptors. Called and ordered the two Came fast and I marked locations to glue
the base plates and allowed to dry overnight. Put the adaptors to the base
plates and put mirror on. One side came off at the base plate. I only then saw
there was a clear rubberish piece stuck to windshield. That and the black
plastic piece had come apart. Called Pegasus and told them about it. No
argument at all, they sent me another one. When it came I looked closely and
saw the clear rubber part was missing. Checked the one that had stayed on
windshield and there wasn't a rubber part. That had to have come loose from
factory machine and stuch on base plate. Wonder haw long it took before
someone noticed. The point is tho this is a great supplier who stands behind
what it sells. Call 1-800-688-6946 for a catalog
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 18:41:27 -0400

Don't know what a "wink" mirror is, but where doe it fit on a Healey?  Could this be blatent advertising???  just asking.

tom
---- EDWARD ANDERSON <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: EDWARD ANDERSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 22:46:56 +0000

Have hit a minor snag it doing the xj6 rear disc brake conversion. The hand
brake requires an actuator. I called the local Jag dealer and the parts dept
didn't ever list one for the xj6. So far I haven't been able to locate it or
even a pic of one. Everyone just says they no longer exist. I'm just guessing
on how it works, mechanical plunger w/return spring? Wondering if an actuator
for another car w/4 wheel disc brakes might be used , they must use something
similar.  Guess as a last resort I could soapbox derby a stick to cable end
w/piece of bicycle tire nailed on. I'm posting this here since I know there or
Jag owners here. Help please.
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:14:46 -0400

might try jag-lovers   they have sites for XJ6's and other Jags.

tom

PS--if I was wrong on the Advertising post, sorry---just seemed strange to add a ph# for a suppliers catalog.  no offense intended.

=============

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "David Porter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 17:33:57 -0600

The XJ6 used a standard under the dash pull out handle connected to a big
bell crank and cable back to the dual pull yoke.
dave

[email-masked]

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107
505-352-1378
1954 BN2  1959 AN5
Porter Custom Bicycles

cars:
 www.britishcarforum.com/portercustoms.html
gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/porterscustombicycles/PorterCustomBicyclesStuff

GO HERE: http://porterbikes.com/  nice pictures-fun facts-my world

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of EDWARD ANDERSON
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 4:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] rear Jag brakes

Have hit a minor snag it doing the xj6 rear disc brake conversion. The hand
brake requires an actuator. I called the local Jag dealer and the parts dept
didn't ever list one for the xj6. So far I haven't been able to locate it or
even a pic of one. Everyone just says they no longer exist. I'm just
guessing
on how it works, mechanical plunger w/return spring? Wondering if an
actuator
for another car w/4 wheel disc brakes might be used , they must use
something
similar.  Guess as a last resort I could soapbox derby a stick to cable end
w/piece of bicycle tire nailed on. I'm posting this here since I know there
or
Jag owners here. Help please.
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:59:00 -0700 (PDT)

Add me to the Pegasus fan list.  Their prices on Girling master cylinders are
much better than the usual suppliers and they were of great help in providing
an adapter so I could use my original oil pressure gauge on the Nasty Boy
build.  Fast shipping, too.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo

--- On Sat, 4/28/12, EDWARD ANDERSON <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: EDWARD ANDERSON <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] great supplier
To: [email-masked]
Date: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 6:33 PM

Recently installed a "wink" mirror purchased from O'Reilleys. Found I needed
2
plates and put mirror on. One side came off at the base plate. I only then
saw

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: F Ronald Rader <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 17:26:48 -0700

google it!! ron r

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Tom Felts <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Don't know what a "wink" mirror is, but where doe it fit on a Healey?  Could
this be blatent advertising???  just asking.

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 20:50:58 -0400

thanks--I did after I sent it out---not to bright of me.

tom
---- F Ronald Rader <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============
google it!! ron r

[email-masked]

[email-masked]