Subject: [Healeys] FW: Early BN1 white wheel wells

From: "Rich Chrysler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:10:20 -0400

Subject: RE: [Healeys] Early BN1 white wheel wells

Research seems to indicate that the earliest production cars had alloy
fenders and panels all around. Just for reference sake the first production
car was BN1L 138031 which was Jensen's consecutive Body number 24. It is
reported that as early as Body number 29, the rear fenders were already
apparently steel, with steel front fenders following closely after. I don't
know how quickly steel doors followed, but within the next few cars.
Alloy bonnets continued into May of 1954 and steel boot lids into June of
'54.

Rich Chrysler
Hundred Registrar

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Derek Job
Sent: 2012-04-27 11:24
To: Michael Salter
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Early BN1 white wheel wells

Thanks Michael,

I knew about the 20 pre-production cars but read somewhere that the very
early production cars continued with it. I guess it was just the boot and
bonnets that were continued.

Derek
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]