Subject: [Healeys] EBC Greenstuff anti-squeal

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:03:55 +0100

Have just received new EBC pads for my MkII BT7.

In the box was a plastic envelope containing four black adhesive pads/sheets
(3M 468 MP :- according to Google this stuff is a " High performance 200MP
pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive on 58 lb polycoated kraft paper liner.
High temperature formulation, solvent resistance, shear adhesion and HSE,
low LSE. Use for general industrial joining. 5.0 mil thick with 4.0 mil
liner.") The instructions say:- "Cut with scissors to shape required and
apply these shims to the reverse side (painted side) of the brake pads to
prevent brake noise. The fibre must cover all areas contacted by the
hydraulic pistons or the calliper supports".

These were not supplied with previous pads.

Does anyone have any experience with these pads?....

Are they effective? 

And/or are they more effective than the shaped metal shim type thingies that
I've used, with some success, until now?

Or maybe I could/should(?) use the 3M pads AND the metal shim type thingies?

I'll trot off and cut the pads to shape anyhow. I suspect that this stuff
won't cut too easily if it's that heat resistant...?

Thanks,

Simon.
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: John Rowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:02:01 +0800

I haven't had any brake noise from EBC Greenstuff pads on my BT7 and 
have used quite a few pairs of Green and Red pads.

My present set have the black backing yet previous ones have had the 
metal shim.
The EBC pads are great.

regards

John Rowe
Perth
1959 BT7
1949 Silverstone

On 24/04/2012 11:03 PM, Simon Lachlan wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]