Subject: Re: [Healeys] rear Jag brakes

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 17:07:27 -0700

Edward,

Could you be more specific on what you mean by the "actuator" you mention? 

I have the brakes and they're not installed yet. The Pliers clamping
mechanism uses push pull rods just like the stock Healey system but needs
more leverage or rotation out of the rotating lever mechanism.

Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 22:46:56 +0000
From: EDWARD ANDERSON <[email-masked]
<https://mbox.hoster902.com/compose.php?to=[email-masked]> >
To: <[email-masked]
<https://mbox.hoster902.com/compose.php?to=[email-masked]> >
Subject: [Healeys] rear Jag brakes
Message-ID: <[email-masked]
<https://mbox.hoster902.com/compose.php?to=SNT134-W2280044A9640773DB59649B32
[email-masked]> >
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Have hit a minor snag it doing the xj6 rear disc brake conversion. The hand
brake requires an actuator. I called the local Jag dealer and the parts dept
didn't ever list one for the xj6. So far I haven't been able to locate it or
even a pic of one. Everyone just says they no longer exist. I'm just
guessing
on how it works, mechanical plunger w/return spring? Wondering if an
actuator
for another car w/4 wheel disc brakes might be used , they must use
something
similar.  Guess as a last resort I could soapbox derby a stick to cable end
w/piece of bicycle tire nailed on. I'm posting this here since I know there
or
Jag owners here. Help please.

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]