Subject: [Healeys] Starter motor question

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 12:43:41 -0700

When I took apart the starter motor to clean and rebuild it there 
were two bands on the upper part of the armature; the part at the 
opposite end from the commuter.

One band appears to be fiber and was broken. The other band is 
metallic but not magnetic; probably aluminum.

Does anyone know what the purpose of these bands are?

I know; another difficult questions. Extra points will be awarded to 
the person or persons that answer this question.

John
'62 BT7
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 14:32:09 -0700

/local/mailman/lynxXXXXga4vAC: Permission denied

[email-masked]

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 21:16:25 -0700

One band is non-magnetic, aluminum or zinc, the other was phenolic I 
believe. At one point I believe they were one band with the phenolic 
one under the other band. At any rate I glued the bands together with 
the metal one on the outside. They may act to retain the armature 
windings, I have no idea otherwise.

John

[email-masked]