Subject: [Healeys] rare Aston Martin - warning no Healey content

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 14:38:06 -0700

Saw an Aston Martin DB2r at the body shop today. The only one 
surviving of two made. This car is similar but the one at the shop 
was a factory race car with two leather hood straps and dual fuel 
filler caps leading to a large tank in the back. It even had a third 
brake light! Beautiful car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXlwc5V6xkU

John
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 09:13:21 +0800

This video is of a very early DB2 before they introduced the
hatchback.  Actually the DB2/4 was the very first production car in
the world with a hatchback.  The hatchback was put there so that the
owner had easy access to put his shotguns before motoring from London
to his country estate to do some trap-pheasant hunting.

I actually always preferred the 2, 2/4 and Mk III to the later DB
4/5/6 because the DB2 chassis was a smaller car.... maybe not as good
for handling but more in line with the original idea to put a very big
engine in a small car.  Kind of what the original Scaglietti was
about.  Of course the modern Scaglietti is anything but small.

Can anyone tell me (without looking it up on the internet) who
designed the AM engine?

Alan

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 5:38 AM, john spaur <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Saw an Aston Martin DB2r at the body shop today. The only one surviving of
> two made. This car is similar but the one at the shop was a factory race car
> with two leather hood straps and dual fuel filler caps leading to a large
> tank in the back. It even had a third brake light! Beautiful car!
>

[email-masked]

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 20:27:33 -0700 (PDT)

I actually have an Aston-Martin DB2 story.  In 1969 I checked out a DB2 for
sale in Brookline, MA for $1,800.  The original motor was gone and had been
replaced with a Corvette 327.  (I've always been a little nuts for LBCs with
V8s).  I told the seller I'd take it, but he had given first refusal to a bud
of his.  Supposedly had some rallying history and had a huge factory altimeter
in the dash.  The seller's friend took the car and I didn't get it.  Always
wondered where it went.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo

--- On Wed, 5/16/12, john spaur <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] rare Aston Martin - warning no Healey content
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 5:38 PM

Saw an Aston Martin DB2r at the body shop today. The only one surviving of two
made. This car is similar but the one at the shop was a factory race car with
two leather hood straps and dual fuel filler caps leading to a large tank in
the back. It even had a third brake light! Beautiful car!

John

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]