Subject: [Healeys] Historic Sports Car Racing, Silverstone - Photos including Healeys

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 18:56:41 +0100

Hi All

I was at Silverstone today for the HSCC meeting. Lots of interesting cars
and 5 Healeys including Rinus Simke's well known, yellow Big Healey driven
(very fast) by his son Jaap. Plenty of American iron including ex racing
cars of Dan Gurney, Al Unser and Peter Gethin.

When I was taking photos of Rinus' Healey on the pit wall I found myself
standing next to a very understated Christian Horner, Chief of the Red Bull
F1 Team. He was sharingthe driving of an E-Type with F1 designer Adrian
Newey. Not a Red Bull logo in sight.

You can see the photos here

http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj530/derekcjob/HSCC/

Derek
www.healeysix.com
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 22:20:16 +1000

G'day Derek

Noticed a photo of the rear of a Jensen 541. Did you get a chance to look at
its engine?

Gorgeous car and my favourite production coupe from the 1950s, but fitted
with their original 4-litre Austin six-cylinder its performance could be
best called lugubrious.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Derek Job
Sent: Sunday, 20 May 2012 3:57 AM
To: Forum
Subject: [Healeys] Historic Sports Car Racing, Silverstone - Photos
including Healeys

Hi All

Derek
www.healeysix.com

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 15:00:31 +0100

Patrick

Yes that 541 shape is pretty distinctive. I didn't get chance to check the
engine as the bonnet was closed. I just assumned they had some kind of
American V8 in them.

Did you see the sleek red fast back coupe in the photos. Must admit I
didn't know what it was. turns out it is a Morgan SLR from the early 1960s.
The entire world production of 3 was at Silverstone yesterday!. The red
one, a green one and a polished aluminum one which is also in one of
the photos. Beautiful cars.

Derek
www.healeysix.net

[email-masked]