Subject: [Healeys] Chasing Classic Cars Healey

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 08:51:28 -0700 (PDT)

Anyone see the episode with this BN7 this week: 
http://velocity.discovery.com/videos/chasing-classic-cars-1961-austin-healey.
html  Seller wanted $80k and Wayne thought it might go for over $100k. 
Bidding wasn't near the seller's price and he had to buy it back from the
auction house.  Car is now for sale at F40 Motorsports for $115k:
http://www.f40.com/inventorymanager.php?action=view&Id=465029  Looks to be a
beautiful car and maybe all that talk of the BN7 being rarer than the 100M is
having an effect on asking prices?

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: mark lapierre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

I enjoy watching but it sure is better to watch him take the ht than myself. 
This new series
seems to be leaning towards going to auction with no reserve or removing the
reserve early.
He seems to loose more than he gains on the auction circut but maybe thats
just for the drama
of the show.  
 
As for the Healey it seems that it makes more sense to go in with a reserve
and remove it than
to have no reserve and have to buy the car back and pay the service fee for
your own car.
 
Thats TV for ya.   And who knows maybe the auction house gives Careenie a cut
for putting them on his show.  
 
My all time fav was the  British Leyland service van that Wayne  bought and
drove around for awhile.    Sooooooo much nastalgia in that vehicle. 
 
Mark

--- On Thu, 5/31/12, HealeyRick <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Chasing Classic Cars Healey
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 11:51 AM

Rick

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:22:28 -0700 (PDT)

First Link:  http://tinyurl.com/cutoqtx

Second Link  http://tinyurl.com/cswaam4

Rick

Rick

[email-masked]