Subject: [Healeys] Replacement side screen plexiglas install question

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 14:37:05 -0700

Have got my weatherstrips installed on my sidescreens - thanks to those who
helped with that.

Now have to replace a broken Plexiglas panel  - do the panels need to be
heated in sunlight or hot water to help them flex enough to install in the
channels?

Has anyone ever tried freezing them to shrink them?

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: "Rich Chrysler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 22:59:14 -0400

First make sure the replacement panels are exactly the correct original
height. Simply position the plexi panel in the middle of the frame with the
lower edge in the channel, bow it gently but firmly to lose effective height
and pop it into place. Do not use heat or cold to try to improve things.
Cold will simply make it brittle. The alloy frame will also spread slightly
which will also help matters. 

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Steve Gerow
Sent: May-05-12 5:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Replacement side screen plexiglas install question

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6
$12.75

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]