Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Exhaust System Results >>> Nice.

From: Robert Blair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 00:11:46 -0700 (PDT)

My BJ8 exhaust system finally had too many patches, and so it was time for a
new system. It was a Burgess, and may have been original.
As my car is lowered at the rear to avoid the excess whell well gap, I often
bottomed the rear cross boxes on shopping mall bumps....

Questions therefore were:
1.  Stainless or Mild?
2.  Rear cross boxes or not?
Decision was stainless [got a great deal on Bell], and NO rear cross boxes.
Tail pipes now emerge on drivers side like earlier cars, but retained the BJ8
signature curl up.

Result is exellent - very nice healthy Healey burble, but not at all noisy.
And better ground clearance.  Except for you serious concours folks, I would
recommend omitting the cross boxes at replacement time. Looks good, sounds
good, and cheaper.

Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  [email-masked]
 
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]