Subject: [Healeys] Electric Cooling Fan

From: Jack Feldman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 15:57:10 -0500

Anyone convert his cooling fan to one of those electric ones that fasten to
the radiator?

I'm curious about the size that is needed, and how easy it is to physically
install. I do have an electrical diagram for the thermostat.

Thanks,

Jack
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: "Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 00:25:50 +0100

Hi Jack, please see the following link to an article I wrote a couple of years
back on fitting a fan to my BJ8. Basic rule I would say is fit as big a fan as
you can depending on the size of the core on your radiator. I fitted a 14" fan
but I have seen cars with different size radiators which could only
accommodate a 12" fan.

http://www.healey6.com/Technical/Fan.pdf

Kindest regards

Tom
AH3000 BJ8 MkIII
MGA 1600 MkI
Classic Mini Park Lane

----- Original Message -----
  From: Jack Feldman
  To: [email-masked]
  Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:57 PM
  Subject: [Healeys] Electric Cooling Fan

  Thanks,

  Jack

  [email-masked]

  Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked].
uk

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 09:16:55 +0200

Get the biggest fan you can fit to the core. These fans that fit 
straight to the core have been around for years and do not seem to harm 
the radiator but they have to fit properly and be securely, but not over 
tight,  fastened. Very simple and easy. Fit the thermo switch in a T 
piece with M20 thread fitted in the top hose or have an M20 adaptor 
soldered in the header tank of the radiator. Make sure that al coolant 
hoses are in perfect condition and remove the standard fan altogether.
Play around with various temperature ranges for the thermoswitch and the 
thermostat. You can use a sleeved thermostat with a higher opening temp 
of say 82 or 86 degrees C, for better and more efficient running of the 
engine, with a thermoswitch that cuts in at around 92 degrees C and cuts 
out at around 87 degrees or 96/92 respectively. You could go higher 
without any trouble, even in hot weather. I presently run my JH on a 
thermostat of 89 degrees, with a 96/102 degrees thermo switch with a 
10lbs cap and have had no problems at all driving in the very dense 
local traffic (jams) in very hot weather (35 degrees C). I use silicon 
hoses throughout.
There are hundreds of M20 threaded thermoswitches to choose from. Make 
sure that the radiator cap seals airtight using a thin rubber washer 
between the filler neck and the stainless steel or brass seal in the cap 
and use an expansion vessel with the hose going right to the bottom or 
entering the bottom to suck back the coolant when the engine cools down. 
Also use a 10-15 lbs radiator cap to prevent local boiling.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Op 10-5-2012 22:57, Jack Feldman schreef:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2012.0.1913 / Virusdatabase: 2425/4989 - datum van uitgifte: 05/10/12
>
>

-- 
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
2995XG Heerjansdam
T: 078-677 1233
E: [email-masked]

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]