Subject: [Healeys] Carroll Shelby, Healey Racer, Dies at 89

From: Lou G <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:35:53 -0700

We've all seen that great picture of Carroll Shelby and the crew around 
the 100 at Bonneville in 1954.

... Carrol Shelby, the Texan driver who competed in many European events 
during the 1954 season, took over and attacked the International Class D 
record for the hour, which was duly obtained at a speed of 156.7m.p.h. 
For this run, a 10-mile circle was used, a course which seemed almost 
one long straight when seen from behind the wheel of a normal saloon but 
which seemed more like a rather difficult fast bend from the 
Streamliner's cockpit.

from
http://www.austinmemories.com/page8/page21/page21.html
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]