Subject: [Healeys] More Venting

From: Joe and Lenore Armour <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 14:59:50 +1000

When Geoff Healey developed the 1965 - 68  streamlined Sprites they were 
windtunnel tested for the assessment of drag etc.  This resulted in the 
windscreens being slightly modified at the top corners, the screen was 
laid back slightly and the high point of the roof line was moved foward 
to reduce drag.

As a result of all this technical and calibrated research the Sprites  
quite effective.

In 1968 at LeMans the Sprite had approx 115 bhp,  did 150 plus mph  and 
averaged 99mph for the 24 hours.   The car was fitted with vents in the 
fenders, a rear under-tray and a rear spoiler.

It is said that the body shape would average 30mpg at 100 mph.

I have motored down Mulsanne Straight as a passenger when the Sprite was 
pulling 7200rpm in 5th gear.

The message, give Healeys a bit of credit for what they achieved with 
what they had.  I wont start on the streamliner 100.4 and 100.6   
achievements.
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]