Subject: [Healeys] 6 volt Optima Batteries

From: Robert Duquette <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 12:11:43 -0400

Hey all!

More on the Optima 6v batteries.  Much to my surprise; they almost kind of fit
in the existing battery trays.  If I cut off the battery mounting tabs they
would drop right in on the diagonal.  Then I could just fabricate a top
bracket and use the existing rods that held down the original type batteries.
Males tend to like symmetry, but I think I have to change the passenger side
one around to avoid having the battery cables cross over the ( future )
battery hold down.

www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Opt6v_1.jpg
www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Opt6v_2.jpg
www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/Opt6v_3.jpg

Instead of cutting the battery mounting tabs, I could cut a slot or slots in
the trays.  I believe the trays are cheaper to replace than the batteries and
my trays are a touch corroded.

Suggestions for the next step(s)?

Yes, I do have a replacement negative cable.  :)

TIA!
Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
1965 RHD BRG Austin-Healey Sprite ( project )
1967 RHD MG Midget ( aka: Miss Marple )
1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 ( aka: Carmen )

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/2009FallTour.jpg
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]