Subject: [Healeys] Installation of FIA approved cut out switch

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 15:52:06 +0100

Hi all,

I've just ordered the above switch and Ive been reading up in preparation
for installation. The FIA approve cut out has 2 big terminal for the live
battery feed in and out then 2 pairs of extra terminals. One pair goes on
the circuit between the coil and the ignition switch and the other pair go
between the 'main electrical feed circuit' (as named in the instructions)
and a 3 ohm resistor to earth.

For the first pair I guess I just take the existing white wire that goes
from coil to ignition and route it from the coil to the switch and then
from the switch to the ignition.

Re the second pair, which connection would be best to acess the main
electrical feed circuit? The switch will be mounted on the dashboard.

I will remove the battery cutoff switch in the boot. Can I just simply
disconnect and remove the  black and white wire that runs from the cut off
switch to the coil?

thanks

Derek
www.healeysix.net
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 12:56:35 -0400

Derek--

I believe the second set of contacts is designed to ground the alternator.
 If you have a one-wire alternator then simply run a lead from the
alternator to one of the terminals and the other through a resistor and
then to ground.  If you have a three-wire alternator you'll have to ask
someone smarter than me.

Yes, you can either disconnect the b/w wire from the coil or if you wish to
maintain original appearance leave it connected and cut it somewhere else
in its length and insulate the end of the wire so the coil does not
inadvertently get grounded.

Best--Michael Oritt

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Derek Job <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]