Subject: Re: [Healeys] "100-M" for sale

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 12:14:18 -0400 (EDT)

Re my editorial in the last issue of Austin-Healey Magazine. There is a 
group of high-end enthusiast/investors who love buying the best stuff so they 
can show it off to their friends and brag about it. Clearly, Vallon thinks 
he's got something that will appeal to that crowd. Unfortunately, anyone with 
that much money usually has a good collection adviser who will look at this 
one, maybe ask a few Healey specialists for their opinions, and then advise 
his client strongly not to touch this. My perception of Vallon is that he 
doesn't always do his homework, but then touts stuff as if it was the real 
thing.

BTW, did anyone notice that this car doesn't even have a cold air box? I'd 
be willing to bet that most of the real 100M stuff is long since gone from 
this car, and that the numbers may not even match. Love to get a chance to 
look underneath one of the cockpit surround rails to see what numbers are 
actually under there.

G.
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:04:02 +0000 (UTC)

re: "BTW, did anyone notice that this car doesn't even have a cold air box?" 

Don't think that's too uncommon for Ms--the CAB is a PITA and I suspect many got removed/replaced/trashed before the cars became more valuable. Our M--verified by BMIHT, the Registry and the person with the definitive list of M data--didn't have a CAB when we bought it. 

Funny how CABs are all the rage now, when they've been around for 60 or so years. 

Bob 

-------------------------------- 
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA 

----- Original Message -----

G. 

[email-masked]

---

From: "Rich Chrysler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 20:20:00 -0400

I would suggest that a lot of M's and Le Mans kit Hundreds often had the
cold air box removed and air filters fitted if the owner planned to use the
car for the purpose of driving and enjoying the car (imagine that). The idea
of running unfiltered air right into the engine via air trunking and the
cold air box over long term use is something I wouldn't want to do.

Rich

Don't think that's too uncommon for Ms--the CAB is a PITA and I suspect many
got removed/replaced/trashed before the cars became more valuable. Our
M--verified by BMIHT, the Registry and the person with the definitive list
of M data--didn't have a CAB when we bought it. 

Funny how CABs are all the rage now, when they've been around for 60 or so
years. 

[email-masked]