Subject: [Healeys] fog lights

From: Ralph Cap <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 14:45:26 -0700 (PDT)

hi all looking to attach fog lights by using the overdrive switch on the dash have a smitty concersion anyone out there have a diagram how to do it ,electrical isn't my forte
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 21:33:09 -0400

why use the OD switch----move the parking lights to the main light switch and use the parking light sw for the fog lights.

I did--works great.

tom
---- Ralph Cap <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Alex" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 22:46:15 -0400

Ralph, the attached file shows how I wired a relay to control my driving 
lights from a separate toggle switch along with the high beam switch. Works 
nicely.

I close the switch and hit the high-beams on when I want the two Lucas 
driving lights to be operational (as well as the regular high beams). They 
lights go off when I hit the floor switch to low-beam.

You should be able to adapt this to your fog light needs.

If it doesn't come through, drop me an e-mail and I will re-send the file. 
If you need further help, feel free to call me at 207-967-8812.

== Alex in Maine
     "The Blue Mainie," 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
     "Conkling," 1946 M.G. TC #1321
     Former owner 1957 A-H 100-6, 1967 A-H BJ8,
     1965 MG Midget
     http://home.roadrunner.com/~alexmm

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ralph Cap" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 5:45 PM
Subject: [Healeys] fog lights

> hi all looking to attach fog lights by using the overdrive switch on the 
> dash have a smitty concersion anyone out there have a diagram how to do it 
> ,electrical isn't my forte
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Healey_driving_light_wiring.jpg]

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Kahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 20:51:50 -0700

I replaced the single position dash light with a double position like the
headlight/parking light switch. First pull is dash light, next position is
dash plus fogs. Works fine. I've got them rigged to go off with the high
beam.
Rich Kahn

> Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 14:45:26 -0700
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Tracy Drummond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 07:17:01 -0700

I used the OD switch (Smitty also)  I wired to the low beams.

I found a wiring with relay kit on eBay for 4 wheel drives for about 18$
that came with good wire.

Simply put the relay acts as a switch.  Hope this helps.

Warm Regards,
 
Tracy Drummond
 
PMP | ITIL Service Manager | CISSP | [email-masked] | 408-394-3444
cell | 408-776-0133 home | http://www.linkedin.com/in/tracydrummond

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ralph Cap
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 2:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] fog lights

hi all looking to attach fog lights by using the overdrive switch on the
dash have a smitty concersion anyone out there have a diagram how to do it
,electrical isn't my forte _______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Fog-light-wiring.jpg]

[email-masked]

---

From: "John Trifari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 09:15:52 -0700

I took power for the road lamps (not fog lights) off the high-beam side of
the dip switch, and ran it to through a fuse to relay C1 terminal on the
firewall.  Connection to the lamps comes into the relay at C2.  Run power to
W1 and then connect W2 to a toggle switch then ground.  Roads lamps Lights
go on only toggle is thrown and high beams are on.  Hit the dip switch to
lower the lights and the road lamps turn off automatically.  John Trifari
Golden Gate AHC   BN1 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Alex
Sent: FridI took power for the foggers off the high-beam side of the dip
switchay, May 11, 2012 7:46 PM
To: Ralph Cap; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] fog lights

== Alex in Maine

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Cap" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 5:45 PM
Subject: [Healeys] fog lights

> ,electrical isn't my forte

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Healey_driving_light_wiring.jpg]
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]