Subject: [Healeys] Rear End Question

From: Rick Swain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 23:19:16 +0000

I have a friend with a BJ8 who is converting his differential to a Lempert
3.545 gear set. I'm thinking of a conversion myself but I have a late (6 port)
BN4 with different rear end and overdrive ratios. I believe a BJ8 has a 3.9
rear end with a .82 overdrive ratio for an overall ratio in 4th overdrive of
3.207. My BN4 has a 4.1 rear end with a .778 overdrive ratio for an overall
ratio in 4th o/d of 3.19. With the new rear end, the BJ8 will have an overall
4th o/d ratio of 2.9. If I were to put a 3.545 rear end in my car my 4th o/d
ratio would be 2.75. I don't think that would make for good drivability in a
more or less stock (except for a BJ8 cam) 100-Six. However, if I were to use
his 3.9 rear end, my new overall 4th o/d ratio would be 3.03. It's not the
same as the BJ8 with the 3.545 rear end but better than my stock set up. What
do people with far more experience than I have think? Has anyone used a 3.545
rear end in a 100-Six? How does it work?
Thanks
Rick Swainwww.classicmotorart.cafull-colour drawings of your car
_______________________________________________
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

---

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 01:50:29 +0200

Rick
Many people have converted non overdrive 100-6es to overdrive, at least 
over here. I suspect most of them have taken an overdrive from a 3000. A 
non overdrive 100-6 has 3.9 rear end, and this setup works very well.

Per in Sweden

[email-masked]

---

From: F Ronald Rader <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:11:48 -0700

I have a five speed in my XK 150 with a final drive combo of 2.5.
I love it.
ron r

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2012, at 4:19 PM, Rick Swain <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]