Subject: Re: [Healeys] autopulse series 2100 Fuel Pump <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe> <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>

From: Patton Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 19:12:50 -0500

Following up on a 4 year old email from me.

As you see below, I had an Autopulse 2100 fuel pump in my car when I got
it.  I bought the $6.50 rebuild kit and it worked fine.  Today I got
inspired to play with the Healey a bit and found that I wasn't getting gas
to the carbs.  Turns out that the replacement diaphragm has also turned to
black goo.  It looks like modern gas dissolves them, in a little over 4
years.   If you have one of these, you should swap it out.

Now I need to either get the NAPA pump or find an original (anyone have a
used they want to get rid of)

Patton

On Sun, Jan 6, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Patton Dickson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> My BN4 came to me with an autopulse series 2100 Fuel pump on it to replace
> the original SU.   Today, the pump wasn't pulling gas, and I opened it up
> and found the diaphragm had turned to black goo.
>
> It is an old pump (probably 40 years old) and seems well built and looks
> like it was meant to be on the car.  I found a place that sells rebuild
> kits for it cheap ( 6.50 here
> http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/bel_pump.html).  The low
> pressure version (which I have to assume I have) is 2.5-4 psi and new ones
> are only $60.  I there any reason not to rebuild other than going back to
> original.  Since it was on the car when I got it, I think i would like to
> keep it unless there is something I am not thinking about.
>
> Thanks
> Patton
>
> --
> Patton Dickson - http://Austin-Healeys.com - Plano, TX
> 1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Built to run 'til the road wears out."

-- 
Patton Dickson  - Plano, TX
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 18:19:01 -0700

Thanks
I've been waiting at my computer for the follow up.
I can get something to eat now.
Im changing all the rubber fuel lines on my car before I restart it from my
restoration work.

Ira Erbs
IT Consultant
Portland, OR
On Sep 8, 2012 5:12 PM, "Patton Dickson" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Patton Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 19:12:50 -0500

Patton

[email-masked]

---

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 18:19:01 -0700

Thanks

Ira Erbs
IT Consultant
Portland, OR

[email-masked]