Subject: [Healeys] King pin shock arm interference

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 11:24:28 -0700

I installed rebuilt (possibly exchanged) shocks and rebuilt and 
reinstalled the king pins. I have adjustable bushings in the upper 
trunnion. I believe everything was installed correctly according to 
shop manual and I used a 2" distance piece at the shock arm before 
tightening all the bolts.

However, the top of the king pin, above the castle nut, is hitting 
the shock arm just where the two arms come together near the pinch 
bolt. That is preventing the car from settling down to the correct ride height.

What would cause the king pint to hit the shock arm?

Thank you,
John Spaur
'62 BT7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys