Subject: [Healeys] Gas Tank Restoration/sealer Kits <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe> <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>

From: Jonas Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 19:36:56 +0000

Other than about 10 small pinholes in a 2 sq inch area that showed up during
media blasting, the Gas Tank for the BJ8 I am currently restoring  is in very
good shape.

For less than $80, I can purchase a tank restoration/sealing kit from the
mfg's of POR 15.

Does anybody have any experience with this or similar products, and what were
your results.

Please advise.

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Tim Davis BN7 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 15:55:49 -0500 (CDT)

I have used tank sealers for over 50 years on motorcycles, cars, yard machines all with good results. I think the last brand I bought was from Bill Hirsch  www.hirschauto.com
I know I paid a lot less than your are planning on.

Tim Davis BN7

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
To: "Team Healey List" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 2:36:56 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [Healeys] Gas Tank Restoration/sealer  Kits

Please advise.

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 17:34:58 +0100

Sent before, but bounced as didn't delete sufficient previous comments..

"Yes, I agree. Just a feeling as have no experience of sealers in
particular. In general,I find that various magic slops and slimes work for a
while but then let you down when you least need it. I try to fix things so
they, hopefully, won't need attention again. (There are so many potential
problems in our OLD cars that it's nice to nail a few of them?). I put in an
aluminium tank when my original developed the dreaded pinholes. Hopefully,
that's it for that area....until the sender unit goes!
Simon"

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Austin Healey
Sent: 06 September 2012 07:53
To: Dave Murphy
Cc: healeys @autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gas Tank Restoration/sealer Kits

I would only use theese kits if no new tank is available. I do not trust
theese seal kits. You cannot see the surface quality and the sealent is only
working on spotlessly clean metal. Otherwise it will peel off and leak
again.

Gergo

[email-masked]