Subject: [Healeys] Source for Outer Sillls <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe> <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>

From: Mike Tobin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 18:04:55 -0400

Back to the BT7 after way too many years.
FINALLY got both door openings perfectly aligned and the inner sills welded
on.
Somehow found myself with two right-side outer sills.  One went pretty
slick with no modification (my welding sucks).
Went looking for a left side sill and found that Lynn Cline (whose
structure parts were first class) is no longer in business.  Got one from
one of the smaller places and it's just not as good as Lynn's.  I can
probably cut and beat the thing into submission, but I'd rather not have
to.  Even then the radius of the crease where the sill meets the lower edge
of the door is not as sharp and the indentations at the ends where the
finders overlap aren't deep enough for the fenders and sill to be flush
with each other.
Anybody have any suggestions on a source?
It might partly be the piling on of the tolerances - one door is almost
3/16ths narrower than other.

Cheers,
MIke Tobin
Pepperell, Mass

Despite this, it's really good to be back in.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys