Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 shift lever spring circlip installation

From: "Dick Matson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 15:26:16 -0700

A big white traveling tool tent came to our town 20 years ago.  At that time
they offered a package of two smaller and two larger inside and outside
cir-clip pliers - for I guess $2.50.

I bought them.

I've used them on the neighbors tiller, an 8N Ford tractor project, and on my
wife's John Deere lawn tractor -  and any number of other times since.  Not on
the Bj8 gear shifter though.

I'll let you know but I've accepted a 10% deposit on the Austin Healey.  : (

Dick Matson / Cashmere WA

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Advice------BJ8 shift lever spring circlip
installation

The last time that I did this, I used circlip pliers and a friend pressing
down with the screwdriver. Snapped right in -- no problem. I had bought the
circlip pliers several years earlier just to say I had them. Smart
investment. Probably will never use them again but sure saved me having my
wife come out to the garage to tell me to lower the volume or clean up my
rant.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ
www.healey6.com<http://www.healey6.com/>

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Advice------BJ8 shift lever spring circlip
installation

Mark

You must have very strong fingers to squeeze the circlip tabs, thats the
problem, trying to squeeze the circlip closed and then hold it square while
using a flat screwdriver on the opposite side, then push the whole lot down
square whilst the spring is trying to overcome your vain efforts. The washer
doesnt make to much difference in the battle of wills.
Us girly brits must not be bred like the real men of nz (sorry tongue in
cheek).
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys