Subject: [Healeys] Plug fouling probelm and Needles?

From: "Randy Dickson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 16:40:41 -0500

I have a 63 BJ7 with a triple carbs (HS6) on bored out tri-carb manifolds.
I have a BJ8 cam, mildly ported head, stock exhaust.  The car is difficult
to start and I must choke it.  Once started it seems to foul the plugs
easily and the car runs badly.  I have BC needles, red  springs.  According
to the AH Club Midlands and Overseas Centre tri-carb modification chart,
this is the correct  combination for ok running.  

http://www.ahc-midlands.org.uk/index.php?page=tri-carb-modification

However, it is for HD6 carbs.  Perhaps I should try TZ weak needles.  The BC
needle is for stock BJ7 application.  
When I had the same HS6 carbs in the stock two configuration the car started
fine and ran fine with no fouling.

Randy Dickson
 63 BJ7
60 BT7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys