Subject: [Healeys] BN1 steering

From: "Peter & Veronica" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 08:57:07 +1000

Resending as I didnbt see it first time:

Gbday all
Herebs a sad tale! Ibve been trying to put together steering for my
100-based Ausca track car. I had a dismantled steering box (RHD) that came
with my V6 100, but in that the worm has surface rust and some pitting, and
someone has (presumably) cut 2 rocker shafts in half and welded the 2 good
bits together about half way up (the weld isnbt even dressed!) So thatbs
not on. I bought another steering box with the hope of getting a decent rocker
shaft b in this one the top of the column has been messed with so therebs
no splines, but I though the rocker shaft would be OK b no such luck! In
this one, the peg has been welded solidly into the rocker shaft and roughly
ground to shape. In the bin! Just today I bought an A70 steering box and
column. Beautiful unworn condition, only apparent issue is itbs about 1/2b
longer than the Healey one. Thatbs the good news. Bad news is, itbs
effectively LHD! Although itbs from a RHD sedan, I figure the steering set
up must be different on the sedans, with the steering drop arms pointing to
the rear of the car so that everything works in reverse. Has anyone else
figured this? Is it the same with A90s? (Alan?)
Cheers in frustration
Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys