Subject: Re: [Healeys] Evan's waterless coolant

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:57:28 +0100

If your car is running hotter than it should investigate what the cause 
is. Usually a radiator that is clogged up with residue from using water 
instead of coolant over the years or a radiator with to little capacity.
Cleaning and rodding the radiator is not very productive, have the 
radiator fitted with a bigger core with more cooling capacity and back 
flush the engine using one of the widely available agents first before 
you remove the radiator. Never back flush the engine with a new or 
rebuild radiator as it will clog up again with debris from the engine.
Waterless coolant has less cooling capacity than ordinary coolant. The 
trick is that its boiling point is much higher so your engine will not 
boil, however it will run much hotter, so be prepared for that.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Op 11-12-2012 17:43, [email-masked] schreef:
> Merry Christmas to all.
> I just read an article on Evan's Waterless Coolant
> and wonder what experiences any of you have with the product. I have a AH
> 100-4 that sometimes runs hotter than I think it should and wonder if the
> product is worth the $40 per gallon price. Thanks in advance for any
> responses.
> Sam
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2013.0.2805 / Virusdatabase: 2634/5949 - datum van uitgifte: 12/10/12
>
>

-- 
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
2995XG Heerjansdam
T: 078-677 1233
E: [email-masked]

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:08:12 -0500

Take a look at:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/extras/car-care/waterless-engine-coolant/index
.shtml

for a discussion on this product.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:44 AM
To: healey list; mg list
Subject: [Healeys] Evan's waterless coolant

Merry Christmas to all. 
I just read an article on Evan's Waterless Coolant and wonder what
experiences any of you have with the product. I have a AH
100-4 that sometimes runs hotter than I think it should and wonder if the
product is worth the $40 per gallon price. Thanks in advance for any
responses.
Sam
_______________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 19:30:13 +0100

All I can find on the product is the usual marketing nonsense. I have 
not been able to find any independent research that indicates its 
positive influences.
It may reduce CO emissions, increase NOx emissions and make the engine a 
bit more efficient as the operating temperature can be set higher. You 
can fit The 10% fuel reduction is a laugh though. In my opinion a waste 
of time and money.
Water mixed with anti freeze or water based coolant has a better heat 
transfer than waterless coolant
If you fit a hotter thermostat and a 10lbs-15lbs radiator cap you can 
have the same result. In all circumstances the radiator needs to be of 
sufficient cooling capacity, also with waterless coolant (perhaps even 
more so).
Older cars do often have less efficient radiators from new, worsened by 
years of sludge and calcification, so the first step is to have your 
cooling system clean and in good shape. Any other remedy for overheating 
is absolutely pointless.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL

[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:11:06 +0800

Sam -

I'm sort of with Kees on this one.  100-4s have ample cooling capacity and
should not run hot, even in the South West in traffic.  I suggest having
your radiator rodded, it's probably dirty.

Best,

Alan

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM, [email-masked] <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]