Subject: Re: [Healeys] Toe in

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 18:21:33 +0000 (UTC)

High performance 'summer' tires are known to be susceptible to this phenomenon; aka 'tramlining.' Doubt toe setting has much if anything to do with it. 

Bob 

-------------------------------- 
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA 

----- Original Message -----

Not just the LBC's - there are sections of the freeway here that affect all 
of my cars including the daily drivers. Depending on which section of 
grooves, they are all affected differently on each surface and each one of 
them has a specific patch on which they are "the worst". 

The absolute worst is a section in which my truck is doing one thing and my 
trailer is doing another. 

Jonas Payne 
PBR Consulting 
702-882-6711 

Just curious if the improper toe in/out would cause tracking on the 
road/freeway groves they use here in California. I've had a problem at high 
speeds with my Michelins and now with my Verdestines. BCS put the 
adjustable bushing in my BJ8 ten years ago and I had go problems. I believe 
they were metal?? Nothing has been altered since but I did notice more wear 
on the inner side of the front tires when I changed them out. 
Rich Kahn 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys