Subject: [Healeys] Ultrasonic cleaning

From: Mark Goodman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:42:29 -0500

I have used an ultrasonic cleaner for several parts on my BJ8. It is great to
use on the Carbs as it cleans whatever surface the liquid is in contact with.
It works on the principle of high powered sound waves that sheer the liquid
apart and creates a vapor pocket that implodes creative a shock wave that
blasts the contamination off of the metal surface.  You can use water based
solvents or petroleum based solvents.
I have used Dawn detergent in water to clean my carbs and it worked very well.
I have also cleaned my SU fuel pump, various "bits" and even the head after it
was machined during my engine rebuild.

Happy New Year to Everyone!!!  May 2013 be a joyous, healthy and prosperous
for you and your families.

Sincerely,

Mark Goodma
66 BJ8. 35503
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys