Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Transmission Rebuild

From: Jonas Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 09:15:28 -0800

Just re-assembled by BJ8 transmission and have tried to bench test it -
won't shift into 3rd or forth, so removed the cover, removed all the rods
and forks and can't get the hub to move to either 3rd or 4th gear.

I know that on other transmissions (Moss Boxes in particular) that if you
don't have the "plunger" that sits inside the sliding collar on a specific
point rotationally on the shaft, that this can occur, but didn't see any
such instruction in the manual.

Anybody have any idea what I've done wrong?

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting
702-882-6711
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 12:52:12 -0500 (EST)

I do not have a BJ8, nor do I know much about their transmissions, but this 
 video may help. It's only about ten minutes long and explains the inner 
workings  of the transmission coming apart and going back together and done in 
a way  I can even understand, somewhat. But seriously it may help as it 
shows taking  the gear box apart, switching out some gears from a sideshift 
gearbox and then  putting it all back together again: 
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rz6b8ZWXfc_ 
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rz6b8ZWXfc) 
Good luck and hope this helps 
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598

Jonas Payne
PBR  Consulting
702-882-6711

[email-masked]

---

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:47:26 -0500

That is Magnus Karlsson who is a frequent contributor to this list. 

See: http://healeyspecialists.com/ for more videos from him.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 12:52 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Transmission Rebuild

I do not have a BJ8, nor do I know much about their transmissions, but this
video may help. It's only about ten minutes long and explains the inner
workings  of the transmission coming apart and going back together and done
in a way  I can even understand, somewhat. But seriously it may help as it
shows taking  the gear box apart, switching out some gears from a sideshift
gearbox and then  putting it all back together again: 
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rz6b8ZWXfc_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rz6b8ZWXfc)
Good luck and hope this helps
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598

Just re 

[email-masked]