Subject: [Healeys] Windshield Sealant

From: "Attean Lake Lodge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 19:28:15 -0500

Hi Guys,
I am bolting my windshield on the BJ8 tomorrow, the gasket is in place, piece
of cake using plenty of silicone lube. Question is what is recommended between
the gasket and scuttle for a weather tight seal?  Thanks as always.
Brad Holden
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:59:33 +0800

I've had good experience using black silicone sealant, forcing it in the
gap using a sealant smoother tool.  I don't know the brand of smoother that
I have off hand, but it's very nice - it comes with four different soft
tips which allow me to put in a tighter or wider bead of silicone into the
gap, depending on the situation.  Of course if you do this, your car may
get deducted on concours points if that's your thing, although you could
probably cut the silicone flat with a knife after it hardens and no one
would know.

[email-masked]