Subject: [Healeys] Oil damage to brass or bronze transmission parts

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 13:51:38 -0800

I asked Valvoline if a specific 30 weight oil will damage 
transmission parts. My question and their response is below if it has 
not been deleted by the list server as it was in a previous post.
__________________

Does Valvoline Premium Conventional SAE 30 Motor Oil contain 
additives that may damage brass or bronze transmission parts?

From: "Valv Tech Line"
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 08:16 -0500
Subject: Valvoline Product Support Issue

Good morning John,

Thank you for contacting Valvoline Product Support.

The Valvoline Premium Conventional Motor Oil SAE 30 does not contain 
any additives or sulfates that will damage brass or bronze 
transmission parts.  Make sure the Premium Conventional Motor Oil 
product has an API/ILSAC service rating that is compliant with what 
the manufacturer has specified for your transmission.

Thank you,
Erik
Valvoline Product Support
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys