Subject: [Healeys] Brake master cylinders

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 17:15:36 -0000

I want to be 100% sure that the unit installed in my MkII BT7 is .875in
which I believe it should be, the car having a factory fitted servo.

Now, I have a cylinder on the bench which conveniently has .875 stamped on
the side. The one in the car is not easy to get at, even with a little
mirror on an extendable stalk. And I've found numbers and "Girling" etc, but
no ".875".

I know nothing about these master cylinders. I have never had two different
size ones in front of me with which to make comparisons.....I hope that
their external sizes are all different. That way I can compare the one in
the car to the one on the bench and know whether the fact that their
external widths being an identical 1.25in confirms that they both have a
.875in bore. Any ideas?

Confusingly(?), they are different lengths. The one in the car is just under
4in from bulkhead to its end. The one on the bench, marked .875, is just
under 4.25in. Any help/info to be garnered from that?

Or what numbers am I looking for on the outside of a .875 in master
cylinder?

And are the mounting bolts' apertures the same width apart? Surely - just
this once - logic must prevail??

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys