Subject: [Healeys] Fuel Pump

From: Price Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:06:20 -0600

Kees -

You seem to be one that knows all things Healey.

I am in the process of changing the points and adding a transil to my late
model pump. I've taken it apart, installed and adjusted the points and
adjusted the diaphragm as described in the manual. I temporarily hooked up the
unit to my car, turned on the ignition, nothing happened (no ticking).

I've brought it back down and tried to test it with an ohm meter. Every
terminal I touch to another has continuity, even with the points open. The
points are closed as it sits on my bench which I presume is correct.

One question I had when reassembling was the placement of the two small wires
from the body. I put them back as I thought they should be but maybe I crossed
them. There seems to only be enough wire to fit them in one way.

I don't get it. How can I trouble shoot/test the unit while out of the car?
Any ideas on what may be wrong?  It worked fine before I "fixed" it.

Thank you very much!

Price Lindsay
67 BJ8
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys