Subject: [Healeys] Lucas Wing Mirror - source?

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 11:05:38 +0800

All -

Trying to replace the head on the Lucas wing Mirror on my Jag Mk IX, and am
dismayed to find that replacements are being sold without ball spring
clamps in the mirror base meaning you can't tighten the Lucas fixing plate
down to the surface of the mirror head.  It looks horrible.  Any ideas
where to get the properly made mirrors?

http://holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=2&pgCode=092&sgName=Hardware&pgName=Mirrors&agCode=0252&agName=Wing+Mirrors&pCode=090.173R

Holden ain't it.

Best,

Alan
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Charlie Baldwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 19:29:03 -0500

Alan,
I don't see any responses to your question, perhaps because we are all 
confused by it.  The Holden mirror looks like what I have always seen 
how they look, even when they said Lucas on them.  Todd Clarke of Clarke 
Spares (http://www.clarkespares.com/index.html)  sells the hold down 
plates that say Lucas.  I don't ever recall there being a spring in 
there anywhere unless you are referring to the plate, but that is a 
separate part from the mirror head.
Charlie

On 12/21/2012 10:05 PM, Alan Seigrist wrote:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]