Subject: [Healeys] Fw: Re: BN1 on eBay

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 21:23:23 +0100

I might be wrong, but this car was for sale at a German dealer in
Dusseldorf around Christmas last year. Its restored to (German )
European taste and buyers may not even know its not right. The grey
colour (Jaguar colour) is even wrong but who cares? Only a handful
experts on the European continent know these wrong things on the car.
But owners don`t care. Same with original 100Ms here. They are all
modified (lost their original items, even weber carbs are fitted) and
only the Heritage Certificates state they are factory 100Ms. Are they
worth the 150T$+? 

	Have you seen AHX 11 which was restored in the UK to a so called very
high standard and now proudly shown in a well known museum. There are
so many things not as it left the factory on this car (I counted more
than 20 ). The car was sold at auction last year and reached a very
impressive price. 

	Josef Eckert 

	Konigswinter/Germany  

	  Von: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
 An: David Nock British Car Specialists <[email-masked]>
 Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
 Betreff: Re: [Healeys] BN1 on eBay
 Datum: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 20:58:46 +0100

 David,

 Very simply, in my opinion, because the seller is asking over $155
USD for
 a car (just a BN1 for that matter) that is listed as Healey Grey
 (non-metallic light blue) and appears in fact to be painted Gunmetal
Grey,
 while claiming it's painted and trimmed in the original color
combinations!

 For that amount of money the paint needs to be correct. To correctly
 repaint the car is an expensive proposition. Heck for that amount of
money
 buy a correct Concours factory 100M and get your money's worth.

 All the other nitnoid things are easily fixed.

 Curt
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys