Subject: Re: [Healeys] Albuquerque

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 16:31:18 +0000 (UTC)

It's on my bucket list. 

-------------------------------- 
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA 

----- Original Message -----

Bob-- 

Well maybe Tinkertown is closed for the season but it is nevertheless worth a visit when possible. 

Best--Michael Oritt 

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Bob Spidell < [email-masked] > wrote: 

I clicked on the Tinkertown link and it's closed until (at least) March. 

-------------------------------- 
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA 

Fred-- 

No visit to Albuquerque would be complete without visiting the following: 

1. Tinkertown Museum ( www.tinkertown.com ) 

and 

2. Taos Garage Annex ( [email-masked] ) 

The first is a super-interesting and eclectic museum of one man's 
memorabilia. It used to be located a short drive from town in the Sandia 
Hills but may have moved. 

The second (not to be confused with the Taos Garage which is a different 
outfit) is World Headquarters for Healey Mechanic and bicycyle frame 
builder extraordinaire Dave Porter, sometimes known to his friends (and 
others) as "Snippy". 

I'd strongly recommend visiting both 1 and 2 and in that order: While the 
museum is charming Dave is anything but, and the good feeling you will have 
from having visited the museum should carry you through whatever 
unpleasantness Dave may choose to cast your way and you should in any case 
meet him and witness his considerable skills. (Dave really is a nice fellow 
though he tries hard not to be--give him my regards.) 

Best--Michael Oritt 

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Fred Wescoe < [email-masked] > wrote: 

> Listers, 
> 
> I am in Albuquerque, NM for the week and I am interested in whatever may be 
> happening here with Healeys. 
> 
> I cannot remember the name of the shop here but if anyone can supply it, I 
> would like to visit the shop. 
> 
> Thanks, 
> 
> Fred 
> 63 BJ7 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys