Subject: [Healeys] FW: BN2 Le Mans

From: Jean Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 03:43:28 +0000

This factory 100M just sold for $75000.00 on E-Bay and it needs complete
restoration. I am speechless.

Jean

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Austin-Healey-Factory-100-M-Heritage-Certifica
te-Nice-project-/261138703847?
pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3ccd1465e7#ht_21660wt_836
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:38:47 +0800

Well, to be fair it looks mostly complete and properly numbered and
documented.  It still seems alot of money for what it is.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Jean Caron <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 21:33:30 -0800

Listers,

While all the rest of the numbers match, the problem is that it did not
have its original engine.  And yes... it's a whole lot of money for a
factory M without its original numbers matching engine.

Cheers,

Curt

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]> wrote:

> documented.  It still seems a lot of money for what it is.
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 00:41:32 -0500

Yes, all the numbers were there with the exception of the engine number. Have
to assume the engine was swapped out or the tag is missing. Even the valance
number was there and seems to be missing a lot.

The car did sell for the expected price. The last year (and not to open up
past value discussions) the 100M's have been very hot. I get 3 - 5
calls/emails a month looking for one to restore or one already done. (Mille
Migilia eligible!) One "M" on the west coast is close to being sold for $6
figures +++ and it needs as much restoration as the ebay car.

Supply & Demand. Not much our there right now. Of course you can look around
and find a couple with some real funky numbers & history, fully restored for
just a few $$$ more.  Buyer Beware!

Randy

Randy Hicks
[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: F Ronald Rader <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 22:46:23 -0800

5000 hits on the ad!!!!!!
and anothe $75,000 to finish it.
ron

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Jean Caron
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 09:56:05 -0500

Well........, how about this one that popped up on ebay this AM @ $125K "Buy
it Now" price!

Item # 170961142890

(It's been for sale at that price for quite a while now.)  :-)

Randy

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 07:09:58 -0800

Not sure I'd show the BMIHT cert, chassis, engine nos., etc.

Wouldn't be surprised if another four or five with same numbers show up in a year or two.

Bob

-- 
*******************************************************************
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            [email-masked]

*******************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]