Subject: [Healeys] California rail to no where

From: F Ronald Rader <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 08:58:33 -0800

they  got  it right.
here is the best part:

"It has therefore come to pass that the first step towards
California's swanky high-speed rail network will be a 130-mile section
of stand-alone track, linking Bakersfield with a town just north of
Fresno. This section will allegedly be completed in 2018 and cost
$6bn: the $3.2bn federal grant plus $2.8bn of bond money authorised by
the state Senate in a tight vote this month.

Bakersfield has two claims to fame. Last year, Time magazine dubbed it
the "most polluted city in America", thanks to its surrounding oil
fields and position downwind of San Francisco's smoggy Bay Area. And
in 2010, a Gallup poll revealed it to be the seventh "fattest" city in
the nation, with 33.6 per cent of adult residents clinically obese.
Meanwhile, Fresno was recently declared, in research of adult IQ rates
carried out by The Daily Beast, to be the "dumbest" of the country's
55 largest cities.

To cynical observers, the notion of spending billions of dollars to
link a famously fat city to a famously stupid one raises one simple
question: why? Critics have widely dubbed it the "bullet train to
nowhere"."

and the reason it makes its less than straight shot from San Diego to
San Francisco is all political. they put the train where hey  have
strong legislators and not population need.
too bad. i look the TVG in Europe.

ron rader
on foot or on hoof in Los Angeles.

> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/the-bullet-train-to-nowhere
> -californias-rail-nightmare-7966310.html
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys