Subject: Re: [Healeys] Albuquerque

From: "David Porter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 08:13:48 -0700

Hi Fred,
 I guess that would be me.. I'm at the address and phone shown below. I'm
putting a BJ7 back together today.. come on over and get dirty.. we can do
lunch.. dave

[email-masked]

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107
505-352-1378
1954 BN2  1959 AN5
Porter Custom Bicycles

cars:
 www.britishcarforum.com/portercustoms.html
gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/porterscustombicycles/PorterCustomBicyclesStuff

GO HERE: http://porterbikes.com/  nice pictures-fun facts-my world

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Fred Wescoe
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 8:08 AM
To: healeys
Subject: [Healeys] Albuquerque

Listers,

I am in Albuquerque, NM for the week and I am interested in whatever may be
happening here with Healeys.

I cannot remember the name of the shop here but if anyone can supply it, I
would like to visit the shop.

Thanks,

Fred
63 BJ7
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 10:28:00 -0500

Fred--

No visit to Albuquerque would be complete without visiting the following:

1.  Tinkertown Museum (www.tinkertown.com)

                           and

2.  Taos Garage Annex ([email-masked])

The first is a super-interesting and eclectic museum of one man's
memorabilia.  It used to be  located a short drive from town in the Sandia
Hills but may have moved.

The second (not to be confused with the Taos Garage which is a different
outfit) is World Headquarters for Healey Mechanic and bicycyle frame
builder extraordinaire Dave Porter, sometimes known to his friends (and
others) as "Snippy".

I'd strongly recommend visiting both 1 and 2 and in that order:  While the
museum is charming Dave is anything but, and the good feeling you will have
from having visited the museum should carry you through whatever
unpleasantness Dave may choose to cast your way and you should in any case
meet him and witness his considerable skills. (Dave really is a nice fellow
though he tries hard not to be--give him my regards.)

Best--Michael Oritt

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Fred Wescoe <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 11:12:34 -0600

List, PLZ do NOT tell Fred that one of the shops he needs to visit for 
Healey Instruments re-building is Mo9Ma Manufacturing run by a great 
lady named Margaret ............. ! !  Do NOT tell him her last name 
<VBG> !!

Fred, yer also looking for Dave Porter who oughta pop-up shortly <G> !!

Ed

[email-masked]

---

From: "David Porter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 11:54:18 -0700

Ed,
You're a day late and a dollar short.. Fred has been and gone. Had a nice
visit and he helped install some door hardware on a BJ7. Mo-MA is closed
till after he departs.. I seem to work 24/7 sigh...
dp

cars:

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of " Just Brits " Shop
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 10:13 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Albuquerque

Ed

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Fred Wescoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 14:44:08 -0500

Ed,

Thanks for the heads up.

I did spend a couple of enjoyable hours with Dave and it was a treat.  I
tried to get dirty with his restoration but he was into clean work and more
skilled labor than I could probably have given him (versus his skill level).

I had a  very enjoyable time.

Dave will probably reject the fact that I enjoyed his company and was
impressed with his background, skill and commitment to his craft.  Healeys
are only one of the cars he does, all to a very high standard and quality
of workmanship.

There Dave, I said it, I know I am embarrassing you but I am pleased to
have met you and visited your shop.

This is not a love fest, just the facts!

Fred
63 BJ7

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM, David Porter <[email-masked]>wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]