Subject: [Healeys] Which 45DCOE Weber Carburettor??

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 13:22:30 +0000

I'm considering installing triple Webers and I've been shopping around for
the best deal. One thing I've come across is the confusion in getting exact
information on what people are actually selling.

AH Spares sell a 45DCOE 152G which they say has better progression from the
idle to main circuit. I believe it has 4 progression holes. (Anders Schildt
has these installed but I'm not going to have a car like his!)

SC parts sell a 45 DCOE 9. (although there are apparantly several types of
model '9' in the confusing world of Webers). They also sell the 45DCOE
152G, which is a 100 pounds more and which they list as being used for
Jaguars.

Dennis Welch told me their model is the SP, but I don't think this can be
right as I can't find any info on a 45DCOE SP and I'm not sure that model
even exists.

SC parts has a 20% sale on at present although I've been informed that
their inlet manifolds are not as good or as efficient as Dennis Welch's. I
think AH Spares manifolds are exactly the same as Welch's.

I'd appreciate any comments, clarifications and advice from those running
Webers. My car is for sprints and Hillclimbs and now has the DWR2 300
degree rally cam.

thanks

Derek
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys