Subject: [Healeys] 1957 100-6 BN4 extension panel screws - 13??

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 02:37:11 -0500 (EST)

Hi again,

So, I was looking the parts book today to get a better idea of how to
correctly mount the gearbox extension panel.  This would the carpeted,
vertical panel right in front of the large gearbox tunnel cover.  One thing I
can't understand is that in the factory parts book, it says there are 13
screws used to mount this panel to the main car body structure, and that does
not even include the screws fastening the extension panel to the floor.  I
can't see where all those screws (PTZ808 - Panhead, phillips, self-tapping,
zinc plated, #8 x 1" screw) would go!  In my original panel, I see the three
holes along each vertical side.  So, that would leave 7 more - where?

 - Paul B.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Austin Healey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 09:03:37 +0100

Hi Paul,

I checked my pics. I had 4 screws on each side, and 5 extra to attach the
gearbox cover to the "extension". This gives 13.

Gergo

2012/12/17 <[email-masked]>

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]