Subject: [Healeys] Type 16 callipers again, again

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:58:48 -0000

....****THIS is where I had to rush out on  the school run, pressed the
wrong button and sent off the message unchecked and unfinished. And then the
"moderator" didn't like it......

So....despite the warning in the manuals etc. The little square section
seals inside were OK and I could, but won't, use them again. There was some
dried out muck behind the pistons and the bores needed a bit of TLC.
However, unless they are cracked, these things can take a lot of stick and
pretty well last forever. So, God willing, they'll be fine when I come to
put them in after Christmas.

I' say that the Type 14's pads are approx 27sq cm and the Type 16 PB(!)'s
are approx 35. Let's hope the gain is worth the pain.

Assuming the project goes to plan I'll write it for our local mag & ask John
if he wants to put it on his site.

Sorry about the mix up and repeated message.

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys