Subject: [Healeys] Parts Washer Degreaser

From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 22:37:12 +1100

G'day

I hope Santa was kind to you all.

He was to me, with one of the things left under the tree being a parts
washer. You know one of those red troughs with a lid and a submersible
electric pump to squirt the solution up a flexible pipe.

It's not set up as yet as it's occurred to me that it would be pretty dumb
to use my normal petroleum based degreaser due to the electrically driven
pump.

Does anyone out there have a parts washer and what degreaser do you use?

Please no brand names as the chances of what's available in the US being
also available in Australia would be pretty slim.

Hoo Roo

Patrick
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Tim Davis BN7 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 06:12:05 -0600 (CST)

Petroleum based products have been used in parts washers with submersible pumps since the beginning of time. Mineral spirits is a commonly used one which is easily obtained and works well. Unless it is in your living room I wouldn't worry too much. Waterbased products are available though very expensive, they are sold through auto parts stores in the states and are too costly for me to try. 

Happy cleaning,

Tim Davis BN7

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
To: "List Healey" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 5:37:12 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [Healeys] Parts Washer Degreaser

G'day

Hoo Roo

Patrick

[email-masked]

[email-masked]