Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: Re: BN1 on eBay

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 12:41:51 -0800

Josef,

Thanks for that insight.

You are also correct about the color... it's not dark enough to be
"Gunmetal Grey".  A lot of us have seen the 4,000 mile all original
Gunmetal Grey car from the US and now in Canada, and this grey is too
light, albeit very nice.

It's a shame since original Healey Grey is a fantastic color, especially if
anyone has seen Marty Hovivian's beautifully restored BN1, body no. 62.
BTW Marty's car is not Concours correct but a stunning car nonetheless.
I'd be proud to own it as is, but not for $155K.

Now I'll quote Roland Wilhelmy...

*"Wrong? No.  Just the price of ignorance."*

Cheers,

Curt

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM, [email-masked] <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> I might be wrong, but this car was for sale at a German dealer in
> Dusseldorf around Christmas last year. Its restored to (German )
> European taste and buyers may not even know its not right. The grey
> colour (Jaguar colour) is even wrong but who cares? Only a handful
> experts on the European continent know these wrong things on the car.
> But owners don`t care. Same with original 100Ms here. They are all
> modified (lost their original items, even weber carbs are fitted) and
> only the Heritage Certificates state they are factory 100Ms. Are they
> worth the 150T$+?
>
>         Have you seen AHX 11 which was restored in the UK to a so called
> very
> high standard and now proudly shown in a well known museum. There are
> so many things not as it left the factory on this car (I counted more
> than 20 ). The car was sold at auction last year and reached a very
> impressive price.
>
>         Josef Eckert
>
>         Konigswinter/Germany
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys