Subject: [Healeys] Replacement wings/fenders

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:11:32 -0500

Hi everyone,

I'm messing around with repairing old front fenders, or wings, and 
looking at different options, and I can't help wonder whether the 
claims by some of our major Healey parts suppliers are to be believed.
On the repros in the past there is a particular aspect of the 
compound curve at the top of the wheel well that has historically 
been "flatter", or not as full as the original, and even if it fits 
fine, it still doesn't look quite right.
Does anyone have up to date knowledge of the current repros?

Stephen, BJ8
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 19:51:14 -0500 (EST)

I agree with Richard. My original, unrestored BN1 looks very nice and has  
held up extremely well in its 59 years of service. And everything is tight, 
fits  great and looks even better. They do exist!
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598 
 
Not always true....My original unrestored 100 has excellent fitting  panels 
and
very even gaps all around.they do exist  :)

Richard
BN2

Sent from Ricky's iPad

On Dec 7, 2012, at  16:48, Oudesluys <[email-masked]> wrote:

> You will find  that any replacement panel, New Old Stock, second hand or
reproduction will  need work to get a perfect fit. Even the panels on the
assembly line had to  be sorted in more or less matching sets to get an
acceptable fit. Did you  ever see an original unrestored AH with perfect
fitting panels? No, it does  not exist.
> Kees Oudesluijs
> NL

[email-masked]

---

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 15:23:22 -0500

Yes, the archives are a wonderful thing, but the vendors of repro 
fenders are claiming to have re-tooled...so that is very much a 
contemporary, changing story that the archives could not possibly 
address.
Stephen, BJ8
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]