Subject: [Healeys] fram oil filter

From: EDWARD ANDERSON <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 21:06:28 +0000

Can anyone tell me the correct stock number of fram to use on a 59 BN6. I had
bought one at Auto Zone and again they were wrong. What was in the box is the
cartridge for an old Temalcut I think. Thanks Ed Anderson
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Charlie Schott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 17:13:06 -0800

Could someone please tell me how the wire at the back of a BT7 that goes to 
the shut-off switch (white/black) is routed along the back of the trunk. I 
know that the  RH rear light harness is attached with clips, but what about 
the wire that goes to the cut-off switch. Thanks.

Regards,

Charlie Schott

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 19:54:12 -0800

It should go through the hole that the rear main harness goes through 
(on the left hand side of the rear bulkhead) and then follow the 
harness to the rear hoop. At that point it should follow the rear 
hoop (tucked up into it) to the switch.

John

At 05:13 PM 12/22/2012 -0800, Charlie Schott wrote:
>Could someone please tell me how the wire at the back of a BT7 that 
>goes to the shut-off switch (white/black) is routed along the back 
>of the trunk. I know that the  RH rear light harness is attached 
>with clips, but what about the wire that goes to the cut-off switch. Thanks.
>
>Regards,
>
>Charlie Schott
>Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
>[email-masked]
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
>[email-masked]
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 23:50:01 -0800

Charlie,

Yes, it does not. Using P-clips, the wire routes up around the 
forward edge of the seat and is secured to the inside face of the bump.

John

At 08:04 PM 12/22/2012 -0800, you wrote:
>John,
>
>Thank for your response. Does that wire not go through the same 
>clips the the brake wire goes though? If not, how is it secured as 
>it goes across the back of the car? Thanks.
>
>Regards,
>
>Charlie
>
>-----Original Message----- From: john spaur
>Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 7:54 PM
>To: Charlie Schott
>Cc: EDWARD ANDERSON ; [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wire routing

[email-masked]

---

From: Charlie Baldwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 11:21:37 -0500

Charlie,

I'm not sure that I understood John's answer, so I went and looked at my 
14,000 mile original 1960 BT7 and traced the wire as best that I could.  
There are two P clips, one at each end attached and only the woven cloth 
loom was going through them.  Each P clip also has a black ground wire 
that is connected on top of the P clip to the same screw that holds the 
P clip in place.  It appears that the wire for the battery switch is in 
a vinyl harness and must go behind or under the armacord so that it is 
hidden from view.  The armacord is held back in place by two tabs at 
roughly the 1/3 points.  The tabs just stick straight down and keep the 
armacord there.  And on my ivory white car, the part of the tabs that 
extend down  over the armacord is painted black to attempt to match the 
armacord color.  The upper part of each tab is white to match the body 
color.  I'm sorry, but I wasn't interested in bending the tabs and have 
the paint flake off to see underneath to find the exact route of the 
single wire with the vinyl harness that feeds the battery switch.  All 
of the armacord is original and could also be fragile, so short of 
needing to pull it out to make a repair, I prefer to keep it in place.
Hope it helped.

Charlie Baldwin

On 12/23/2012 2:50 AM, john spaur wrote:
> Charlie,
>
> Yes, it does not. Using P-clips, the wire routes up around the forward 
> edge of the seat and is secured to the inside face of the bump.
>
> John
>
>> Thank for your response. Does that wire not go through the same clips 
>> the the brake wire goes though? If not, how is it secured as it goes 
>> across the back of the car? Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charlie
>>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]