Subject: Re: [Healeys] engine flooding running too fast

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 09:30:26 +0800

Jonathan -

I would suggest that the butterfly plates were not sealed properly against
the throat body, and thus are cocked open. Alternatively, you can check to
make sure the throttles are aligned properly first before taking the carb
off the car by loosening the shaft connector and see if that brings the
idle down.

More fuel usually means slower worse idle.  More air usually means faster
idle, so you are getting too much air somewhere.

Alan

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 7:30 AM, Jonathan Quandt <[email-masked]>wrote:

> I recently had my h6 carbs on my 56 bn2 rebuilt and I am having trouble
> with very high idle (like almost full throttle) when I start the motor.
> There is no fuel exiting the float overflows and they are unobstructed. The
> butterfly valves appear to be functioning smoothly . The motor flooded
> badly when using choke and would not start but using no choke the motor
> starts right up but the rpms roar to 3000 or more. The fuel pump was
> replaced with one producing 4lb pressure. Could the pump be delivering too
> much fuel pressure and causing this problem. The jet needles are Qw
> standard,could they be miss matched to the jets causing too much fuel to
> enter manifold? are the butterfly valves not properly seated? Or perhaps
> all of the above. Again this is not just a little fast idle but a bunch.
> cheers JQ  Ps The good news is that replacing the timing gears seems to
> have fixed the valve timing and I can at least start the little darling.
> ______________________________**_________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/**listinfo/healeys<http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/healeys/healey.nut@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 01:58:10 -0000

Sounds like air to me, not fuel.
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jonathan Quandt
Sent: 06 December 2012 23:31
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] engine flooding running too fast

I recently had my h6 carbs on my 56 bn2 rebuilt and I am having trouble with
very high idle (like almost full throttle) when I start the motor. There is
no fuel exiting the float overflows and they are unobstructed. The butterfly
valves appear to be functioning smoothly .  
The motor flooded badly when using choke and would not start but using no
choke the motor starts right up but the rpms roar to 3000 or more.  
The fuel pump was replaced with one producing 4lb pressure. Could the pump
be delivering too much fuel pressure and causing this problem.  
The jet needles are Qw standard,could they be miss matched to the jets
causing too much fuel to enter manifold? are the butterfly valves not
properly seated? Or perhaps all of the above. Again this is not just a
little fast idle but a bunch. cheers JQ  Ps The good news is that replacing
the timing gears seems to have fixed the valve timing and I can at least
start the little darling.
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Austin Healey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 07:17:35 +0100

Air leak in the intake system or not properly seated/balanced butterfly
valves.

Gergo

2012/12/7 Simon Lachlan <[email-masked]>

> with
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]