Subject: [Healeys] finished installing repro rear reflectors

From: "Freese, Ken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 01:33:13 +0000

I got them in. I disassembled the chrome ring and red reflector from the
rubber as suggested. The rubber still wouldn't fit, so I increased the groove
in the rubber with a hack saw blade.
I think I will get another one to experiment with and try to fit my Lucas
reflector lens into the rubber.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8

From: Freese, Ken
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 11:26 AM
To: Healey List
Subject: installing repro rear reflectors

I thought I would do something easy this morning and install some Moss rear
reflectors into my 65 BJ8 shroud. The originals have pretty hard and tired
looking rubber. Well, not so easy. The shroud hole is 1.250 diameter. The old
reflector is 1.285 and the new one is 1.355. Will rubber lube take care of
this discrepancy? So far, my fingers are not enough to push the new one in. Do
I have to remove the chrome ring? It doesn't look removable to me.
Thanks,
Ken Freese
65 BJ8
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys