Subject: [Healeys] Engine mounting plate gasket

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 23:19:28 -0800

I have noticed the gaskets on the healey vary in thickness from 
almost paper thin to medium and then thick; however I am not meaning 
as thick as cork in this instance.

I had a somewhat medium thick gasket fail at the rear mounting plate 
below the cam oil return. I was going to install a slightly thicker 
gasket but now I am thinking a very thin gasket much like the ones at 
the rear hub should be used. The Moss catalog does not list the 
gasket so I will cut one out.

What thickness of gasket material should I use for between the rear 
mounting plate and engine?

Thank you,

John Spaur
San Jose, CA
'62 BT7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys