Subject: [Healeys] Timing light electrical

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 19:18:39 -0800

I have an inductive timing light. The car is positive ground. I 
presume ground attaches to the frame. What point in the engine 
compartment would be good to connect the negative voltage lead too? 
Would terminal A1 be good?

It has been a long time since I used one.

John Spaur
Electrically challenged
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:42:21 -0800 (PST)

I use a 12 volt power supply from my radio control hobby.  It is used for
powering battery chargers at home that only have connections for use in the
field connected to your car battery.  Very stable current supply.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

--- On Thu, 1/3/13, Simon Lachlan <[email-masked]> wrote:

I use a small 12v battery from a clapped out ride on lawn mower. When the
engine seized for the last time, its new battery was the only thing worth
keeping!
Or the little charger that came with my new mower..
Or the little trickle charger/conditioner that I use on the Healey during
the winter....
Or, what I used to do, a cable to the back of the car with colour coded
crocodile clips that go straight onto the battery...

I'd guess that most of our garages could yield some similar solution.....

Simon

[email-masked]