Subject: Re: [Healeys] Problems with SC Parts

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:08:43 +0100

Derek, 

	You and I are the minority of customers buying most of the parts
needed over the counter. To have a look on the part and decide if you
really want the quality presented. I really try to avoid to buy parts
by postal order and let them delivered. My experience is so bad, I
learnt my lesson. But coming to statistics, more than 97% of goods
value are sold by postal order, less than 3% over the counter. It
doesn`t matter, if you ship from the UK or Germany. Sorry it does.
Shipping costs are cheaper from Germany. 

	Josef Eckert 

	Germany  

	Von: Derek Job <[email-masked]> 

	An: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 

	Cc: Simon Lachlan <[email-masked]>, Forum Healeys
<[email-masked]> 

	Betreff: Re: [Healeys] Problems with SC Parts 

	Datum: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 09:55:18 +0100 

	     Basically as far as SC Parts goes, they are no longer a British
supplier.They are a branch office of Limora which is the largest
supplier of British car parts in Europe although a lot of people on
the list have never heard of them or bought from them. (They are also
expensive)   SC Parts  no longer hold any stock in the UK so if you
are a UK resident it's pointless using them even if they were
providing a decent service, which they are not.   Derek
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:48:38 +0100

There may be an other option. Try to figure out if the main company is 
on the stock market. If it is do not buy, they only act in the interest 
of the share holders. Buy from a private company if at all possible. 
There lies the biggest chance of interest in selling quality goods as 
these small companies are usually run by enthusiasts. Do not expect a 
computer run parts lists,  expensive catalogues or a decent store/shop 
here. They also usually have rare NOS parts in tatty boxes and second 
hand stuff..
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Op 13-1-2013 10:08, [email-masked] schreef:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2013.0.2890 / Virusdatabase: 2638/6027 - datum van uitgifte: 01/12/13
>
>

-- 
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
2995XG Heerjansdam
T: 078-677 1233
E: [email-masked]

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Dimmock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 21:32:33 +1100

Is this a new problem?
14 years ago, when I restored my BJ8, and after I'd bought "new" brake master,
clutch master,rear wheel slave cylinders, clutch slave cylinder etc... My
brake mate said "perfect. Now let's send them all away to get them resleeved
in stainless steel, and then they will be round, won't leak, can be rekitted,
and won't fail".
I did. He was right.
I don't know what the issue is, but a new alloy wheel cylinder on EBay or
whatever, is no comparison to a 48 year old original.
I blame the recent rise in technology like chrome plated plastic....
;-)
Me

Sent from me

On 13/01/2013, at 8:48 PM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]> wrote:

> There may be an other option. Try to figure out if the main company is on
the stock market. If it is do not buy, they only act in the interest of the
share holders. Buy from a private company if at all possible. There lies the
biggest chance of interest in selling quality goods as these small companies
are usually run by enthusiasts. Do not expect a computer run parts lists,
expensive catalogues or a decent store/shop here. They also usually have rare
NOS parts in tatty boxes and second hand stuff..
>> supplier.They are a branch office

[email-masked]

---

From: John Vrugtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 09:35:46 -0500

I am with Kees here.  That is why I mostly buy from Healey Surgeons or 
British Car Specialists in this country, as I know they know what is 
quality and what is crap, and will tell you when you ask.  Crap parts 
are not cheap, if you have to replace them twice.  Think about an oil 
pump; you might have to do the whole engine over.

John
64/66 Bj8s

On 1/13/2013 4:48 AM, Oudesluys wrote:
> on the stock market. If it is do not buy, they only act in the 
> interest of the share holders. Buy from a private company if at all 
> possible. There lies the biggest chance of interest in selling quality 
> goods as these small companies are usually run by enthusiasts. Do not 
> expect a computer run parts lists,  expensive catalogues or a decent 
> store/shop here. They also usually have rare NOS parts in tatty boxes 
> and second hand stuff..
> Kees Oudesluijs
> NL

[email-masked]