Subject: Re: [Healeys] Parts Washer Degreaser

From: Tim Davis BN7 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 08:54:10 -0600 (CST)

Have you tried nitrile gloves?

Tim Davis BN7

----- Original Message -----
From: "Skip Saunders" <[email-masked]>
To: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>, "List Healey"
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 8:15:03 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Parts Washer Degreaser

I use a mixture of kerosene and an engine degreaser (3:1) .... I know you
said "no brand names" but just in case anyone is interested I use Gunk as
the engine degreaser fluid. B  I'm sure it is not safe for hands; but it eats
every glove material I've considered using if I work too long with the
stuff. B  I just use disposable gloves and change gloves regularly if I'm
using it for a long period of time. B  And, wash up very well after using
(since every once in a while the glove fingers dissolve before I make the
change to fresh gloves.)

-skip-
BJ7 in parts, BJ8 driver

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Patrick and Caroline Quinn
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 6:37 AM
To: 'List Healey'
Subject: [Healeys] Parts Washer Degreaser

G'day

B 

I hope Santa was kind to you all.

B 

He was to me, with one of the things left under the tree being a parts
washer. You know one of those red troughs with a lid and a submersible
electric pump to squirt the solution up a flexible pipe.

B 

It's not set up as yet as it's occurred to me that it would be pretty dumb
to use my normal petroleum based degreaser due to the electrically driven
pump.

B 

Does anyone out there have a parts washer and what degreaser do you use?

B 

Please no brand names as the chances of what's available in the US being
also available in Australia would be pretty slim.

B 

Hoo Roo
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys