Subject: Re: [Healeys] Windshield & Top trim replacement

From: Jean Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 16:59:52 +0000

Randy:
Unfortunately the original material for the windshield posts, as far as I
know, is no longer available unless David Nock still has some pieces of it.
The replacement you can get for it from Bristleflex is not at all like the
original stuff. Recently I was talking to a list member from NY state who owns
a restoration shop and he is trying to have some of the stuff made. I have
some material that is very similar that you could attempt to glue in place of
your used material but the weaving is not exactly like the original if that is
what you are looking for.

Jean Caron
Winnipeg

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:03:08 -0500
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Healeys] Windshield & Top trim replacement
>
> Hi guys, I need to replace the fabric trim (not rubber) pieces on the
> windshield posts, and on the top around the windows & header rail on my
BJ8.
>
> Who has quality replacements and item number (if possible)?
>
> Thanks,
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/vintage_roadster_restoration@ho
tmail.com
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Jean Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:47:46 +0000

Randy:
I want to clarify my previous message here, the original material is not being
made anymore, from what David Nock had told me a while back was because the
type of glue used was flammable or something like that. The material used by
Bristleflex first of all holds on far better than the original stuff and
without the need for pop rivets on the windshield posts which was needed on
the original material. As well where it bends to attach to the top lip of the
fender, you have lot less hassle with the Bristleflex and it holds in place,
the colour of the material used by Bristleflex is correct, the texture of the
material is different simply because the material is not available anywhere. I
have used the Bristleflex which is supplied by Martin MacGregor from Ontario
on several cars for the doors and windshield posts(for BJ7 & 8) and for me
anyway, it's the way to go simply because it stay in place, it grips far
better. If you can get samples from Martin, you will see the difference.

Jean Caron
Winnipeg

> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 16:59:52 +0000
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Windshield & Top trim replacement
>
> Randy:

[email-masked]

---

From: "Richard McGavern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 14:58:46 -0500

Try Martin MacGregor, Dundas Ontario, Toronto..He has the good
stuff!www.macgregorukcarparts.com/[email-masked] and he knows what
you need and how to install it.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Randy Hicks
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:03 AM
To: Healey List
Subject: [Healeys] Windshield & Top trim replacement

Hi guys, I need to replace the fabric trim (not rubber) pieces on the
windshield posts, and on the top around the windows & header rail on my BJ8.

Thanks,
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2890 / Virus Database: 2638/6037 - Release Date: 01/16/13
Internal Virus Database is out of date.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]