Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel Pump

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 19:08:13 -0600

I have an old model train transformer for testing small electrics, it 
supplies 12 volts DC, you can get a cheap one on E-bay or local train shows 
for $5 bucks or so, trickle charger would probably work as well.  As far as 
the pump itself, maybe I missed something, everyone seems to be assuming it 
is something electrical, if it you replaced the diaphragm the "throw" is 
critical, there are is a static adjustment in the manuals, but usually best 
to check and adjust for optimal reliable operation with the cover off (see 
above for power source, you can also run wires from the car/battery).

When I rebuilt mine I used some hoses to make a return system and had it 
pump some marvel mystery oil for various intervals on the transformer from 
15 minutes to half an hour, turned it off and on etc., when it was all 
starting and running reliably  put it back in the car.

Greg Lemon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys