Subject: Re: [Healeys] Jute - BJ8 heat shield for earlier cars

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:05:40 +0800

It definitely helps on trips under an hour, but really the best you can do
is make sure all the holes around the tunnel and firewall are properly
sealed, that's where most of the heat comes from.  The heat pads definitely
fit on all 3000s and 100s for that matter.

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 9:54 AM, richard mayor <[email-masked]>wrote:

> All this talk of jute underlayment got me thinking about using an under
> floor
> BJ8 heat shield.  I have considered buying a BJ8 heat shield to install
> above
> the muffler on an early 3000.  Was it really effective to reduce the heat
> on
> the BJ8 floor?  Anyone put it on an earlier car?  Fitment issues?
> _______________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Charlie Schott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:35:54 -0800

Would someone please tell or show me how the carpet and vinyl is fitted to 
the front part of the transmission tunnel on a BT7. I've seen pictures where 
vinyl covers the flange part of the tunnel, but I don't know if the screw 
heads are on top of or below the vinyl. Also, does the vinyl fold over the 
flange or is it trimmed flush with the edge of the flange? That's assuming 
that screws are used to attach the tunnel to the shroud. Also, since the 
floor carpet is not permanently attached, am I correct in assuming that it 
goes on top of the tunnel mounting flange? And also the padding? Thanks in 
advance for your help.

Regards,

Charlie Schott

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 08:37:20 +0000

Charlie

The transmission tunnel is held in place by the screws that attach it to
the floor. The front flange is covered on both sides by the vinyl. There
are no screws in it.

The carpet is attached to the tunnel by four snaps and should extend to the
edges of the floor flanges. The floor carpets then lie over the carpetted
tunnel flanges.

Derek

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:35 AM, Charlie Schott <[email-masked]> wrote:

> the front part of the transmission tunnel on a BT7. I've seen pictures
> where vinyl covers the flange part of the tunnel, but I don't know if the
> screw heads are on top of or below the vinyl. Also, does the vinyl fold
> over the flange or is it trimmed flush with the edge of the flange? That's
> assuming that screws are used to attach the tunnel to the shroud. Also,
> since the floor carpet is not permanently attached, am I correct in
> assuming that it goes on top of the tunnel mounting flange? And also the
> padding? Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Charlie Schott
> ______________________________**_________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/**listinfo/healeys<http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/healeys/derek.c.job@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>

[email-masked]