Subject: Re: [Healeys] Problems with SC Parts

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 22:04:12 -0000

Well, Josef, I live about 150 miles from SC and I'm getting the runaround
too. Something which I ordered on the 4th and they said they had in stock
for immediate despatch still has not arrived. I rang them and they said
they'd posted it on the 7th. It's the 12th today. This item is so small and
cheap that its price is completely irrelevant. I only, rather against my
better judgement, ordered it for SC because they're the only ones who claim
to have it in stock.
Simonm

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 12 January 2013 19:39
To: Forum Healeys
Subject: [Healeys] Problems with SC Parts

Strange for me, most replies are from US members. Why you do not buy from
your usual supliers in the US and take risks of intercontinental shipping,
customs declarations, no legal possibilities, etc.? I think you have more,
perhaps even better, parts suppliers in the US than we have here in Europe. 

	My own conclusions on this: There are too many cutomers looking for
cheap rather than high  quality parts. This majority makes the policy of the
parts suppliers and as long  as customers do not change their behaviour,
there is no change by the bigger parts suppliers who make their money by
high throughputs.. 

	Josef Eckert 

	Germany
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 22:09:31 +0000

Simon,

Thats my problem too. I'm only about 100 miles away. Quality may be an
issue, I've heard others mention it, but I can't even get the parts I
ordered which is a completely different issue. It's just bad business
practice pure and simple. I have only dealt with SC parts twice and they
have a 100% record of poor performance.

Derek

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Simon Lachlan <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Varley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 13:47:04 +1100

I fail to see how buying based on price will ever do anything but drive 
the quality down. How can you shop on price unless you know all of the 
suppliers use the same manufacturer? Which obviously they don't. This 
list would serve everyone better and maintain the standard if more 
people asked "where will I get the best part X or Y" I don't see this 
happening here. If you want quality ask around. I don't mind naming 
names, I know Moss now do the most correct bumper overrider for the 100, 
and Ahead 4 Healeys are having excellent rear springs made in Europe for 
cars prior to BJ8. I'm sure there are lots of people on the list with 
experience in where the best quality comes from and it will be spread 
across all of the suppliers.
Cheers
Larry Varley
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 21:40:56 -0600

One problem is if you don't have any indication of quality many buyers will 
by based upon price (what else do you have to compare?).  The two biggest 
suppliers in the US, Moss and Victoria British, have very nice catalogs with 
exploded diagrams of the various components, and for the most part just a 
parts number and a price.  The Roadster Factory, that specializes in Triumph 
and also does MGB, often offers a cheaper reproduction and a more expensive 
part that is more correct, they are not perfect, but it is nice to have this 
type of explanation and choice, however,  it does make a comprehensive 
catalog more cumbersome, and I am sure also makes the supplier have to carry 
more overhead in the form of inventory, but as a customer it is very nice to 
have a choice.

Greg Lemon

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Varley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:49:13 +1100

I think everyone has to keep in mind we are not trying to buy parts for 
a current model Ford, I'm sure there are plenty on the list that 
remember when it was almost impossible to find any parts for a Healey, 
today we are spoiled for choice. Try getting parts for a Nash Healey and 
see how you go. All of the suppliers are try to source parts that are 
required in low volumes, so there will be hold ups, stock shortages etc. 
However I do think that any of the suppliers with online purchasing 
should not accept payment unless they have the parts in stock and can 
ship in reasonable time. The concept of offering a store credit for 
parts they can't supply in reasonable time isn't acceptable.
As an added 2 cents worth, the quality of parts made in China is 
comparable to anywhere else in the world, as always it comes down to, 
you get what you pay for. As a small volume manufacturer myself, I have 
never had a problem with parts I have had made there, but I don't look 
for the cheapest price.....
Cheers
Larry Varley
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]