Subject: [Healeys] Rubber exhaust mounts

From: "Larry Varley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 07:58:47 +1100

I have fixed a few with a less than ideal solution for friends who want to
retain an original look, by drilling through the mount and fitting a
countersunk screw from the rear, tapped through the front plate, then
riveted over and dressed off flush. I haven't noticed any extra vibration in
my 100, and seems to also be fine in a friend's BJ8. Link to an image of the
modified mount below.

Cheers

Larry Varley

http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/mount.jpg
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 06:07:07 +0800

I think on the 100 if everything lines up properly, the original mount works
just fine.  The BJ8 system, however, is such a snug fit and requires force to
fit properly, this option is needed!  I use reinforced exhaust straps but
admittedly this looks more original.

I used this same mod on my Jag Mk IX, the exhaust system weighs as much as a
baby elephant.

Alan

On Jan 14, 2013, at 4:58 AM, "Larry Varley" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]