Subject: Re: [Healeys] Quite amazing driving

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:48:32 -0800

Don't know what's more amazing,,,, the driving or the fact that that many
streets in San Francisco were blocked off? :)

I have done some street jumping in the City before, but never got that much
air!! wow!!

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
   _______                                  _______
     (______ \____1960 BT7____/ _______)
         (_________________________)

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Watch this:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=LuDN2bCIyus&feature=related
>
> Best--Michael
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:48:57 -0800 (PST)

This guy should take a lesson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mvyIExP14j4

Rick
"Madman in a death machine"
Follow My Nasty Boy Build:
http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo

________________________________
 From: Michael
Oritt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]; Bob Tourville
<[email-masked]>; Doug Merch <[email-masked]>; [email-masked];
Jeb McCarthy <[email-masked]>; Tom Surles
<[email-masked]>; Austin Healey <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Monday,
January 14, 2013 3:31 PM
Subject: [Healeys] Quite amazing driving
 
Watch
this:

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Korn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:57:21 +0000

Lol

Sent from Ricky's iPad

> http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:48:46 -0500 (EST)

My wife asked if I was deaf as the video ended. Guess I had the volume up a
bit to hear the turbo. My answer to her was, WHAT!!!!!
Aloha
Perry

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Oritt [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:47:32 +0800

All -

I had a good laugh with this because this is the exact route I used to take
daily using my '64 BJ8 & '66 Ford Bronco Sport back when I was getting my
MBA at Cal then driving home across the bridge to my apartment on Russian
Hill.  Well... it was the same all the way up to the cable cars (which are,
incidentally, fake in this video).  I used to go quite fast down that bay
bridge offramp in my Healey because it actually handled through there quite
well.  After the cable car it's rather disjointed - so they were all filmed
at different times.  Its kind of like one minute your on Wall Street and
then the next shot you're in Queens.  The part where he gets air in the
car, I actually filmed myself getting (some) air in my '66 Bronco almost on
the same spot... but to be fair, with its crap suspension it wasn't that
hard to get air in the Bronco.  Driving the wrong way up Lombard St was
fun, would love to do that one day!  The section next to Lombard, on
Filbert, is one of the steepest road sections in the entire US, good fun to
drive it at 15 mph, looks like you are driving off a cliff as you crest
over the lip onto the hill.

Cheers,

Alan

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Skip Saunders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:26:40 -0500

The trees on Lombard street have grown considerably since my days at Cal...
used to be quite a view going down the street... :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Alan Seigrist
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 7:48 PM
To: Michael Oritt
Cc: [email-masked]; Austin Healey; [email-masked]; Tom Surles;
Doug Merch; Bob Tourville; Jeb McCarthy
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Quite amazing driving

All -

I had a good laugh with this because this is the exact route I used to take
daily using my '64 BJ8 & '66 Ford Bronco Sport back when I was getting my
MBA at Cal then driving home across the bridge to my apartment on Russian
Hill.  Well... it was the same all the way up to the cable cars (which are,
incidentally, fake in this video).  I used to go quite fast down that bay
bridge offramp in my Healey because it actually handled through there quite
well.  After the cable car it's rather disjointed - so they were all filmed
at different times.  Its kind of like one minute your on Wall Street and
then the next shot you're in Queens.  The part where he gets air in the car,
I actually filmed myself getting (some) air in my '66 Bronco almost on the
same spot... but to be fair, with its crap suspension it wasn't that hard to
get air in the Bronco.  Driving the wrong way up Lombard St was fun, would
love to do that one day!  The section next to Lombard, on Filbert, is one of
the steepest road sections in the entire US, good fun to drive it at 15 mph,
looks like you are driving off a cliff as you crest over the lip onto the
hill.

Cheers,

Alan

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Michael Oritt
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual 
> donation  $12.75
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 23:30:37 -0500

Nothing was so much fun as learning how to drive in San Francisco with a
stick shift praying that I did not have to stop halfway up one of those
hills. Think Parnassas Street at UC Med School in SF.

John Sims, BN6 (another Cal grad)
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Skip Saunders
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 9:27 PM
To: 'Alan Seigrist'; 'Michael Oritt'
Cc: [email-masked]; 'Austin Healey'; [email-masked]; 'Tom
Surles'; 'Doug Merch'; 'Bob Tourville'; 'Jeb McCarthy'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Quite amazing driving

-----Original Message-----

All -

Cheers,

Alan

On 

[email-masked]

---

From: "Mark Donaldson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:21:04 +1300

Ken Block is always fun to watch.

I enjoyed the very last line at the end of the credits:   PLEASE HOON
RESPONSIBLY.    <VBG>

Mark

Auckland, NZ

-----Original Message-----
From: I Erbs [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, 15 January 2013 9:49 a.m.
To: Michael Oritt
Cc: Austin Healey
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Quite amazing driving

Don't know what's more amazing,,,, the driving or the fact that that
many

I have done some street jumping in the City before, but never got that
much

air!! wow!!

Ira Erbs

Portland, OR

   _______                                  _______

 

> http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=LuDN2bCIyus
<http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=LuDN2bCIyus&feature=related>
&feature=related

[email-masked]