Subject: [Healeys] Clutch transmission issue

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 18:38:21 -0800

I installed a lightened Denis Welch flywheel and throw-out bearing 
along with BJ8 clutch disk and housing which is all supposed to work 
together. However there are some issues I don't understand.

The first motion shaft will rotate in neutral which I think is normal.

When I depress the clutch pedal (it is bleed properly) I can engage 
the transmission in first or second gear only when the pedal is about 
1/2 way through its travel. If I floor the clutch pedal the first 
motion shaft starts to turn and I cannot shift into gear without grinding

I cannot shift into reverse or third and forth. I could when the 
transmission was on the bench and ready to reinstall.

Any ideas of what I should trouble shoot?

TIA,
John Spaur
'62 BT7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Jackson Krall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 19:44:21 -0800 (PST)

almost sounds like an imploding flexible hose...?
Best
JK

------------------------------
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 9:38 PM EST john spaur wrote:

>I installed a lightened Denis Welch flywheel and throw-out bearing along with BJ8 clutch disk and housing which is all supposed to work together. However there are some issues I don't understand.
>
>When I depress the clutch pedal (it is bleed properly) I can engage the transmission in first or second gear only when the pedal is about 1/2 way through its travel. If I floor the clutch pedal the first motion shaft starts to turn and I cannot shift into gear without grinding
>
>I cannot shift into reverse or third and forth. I could when the transmission was on the bench and ready to reinstall.
>

[email-masked]