Subject: Re: [Healeys] auctions

From: Jim Lesher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:32:53 -0500

Bob - a couple of fellas from the Phila region of AHSTC went and at the Jan
meeting passed out a excel list of the auctions, car auction #'s and the sale
prices. I will check my circular file and send it you in a couple of days jim
how is the weather?
 > From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 14:45:34 -0500
> Subject: [Healeys] auctions
>
>     Has anybody been able to find a list of the Healeys sold at the
Scotsdale
> auctions recently?  All the auction house web sites are proving impossible
to
> navigate, for me anyway.
> Cheers.......Bob
> Check out our web site www.autofarm.net
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:50:55 +1100

G'day

Please find below a few paragraphs I wrote for our next AH magazine about
the 3 Austin-Healeys and 1 Nash-Healey that sold at the Gooding's Scottsdale
auction.

The first car was a 1955 100 BN1 fitted with a Le Mans kit. Erroneously
labelled as a 100M, to a well trained eye there were a few things awry with
the car. Nevertheless bidding was spirited and US$82,500 (Aus$79,135) later
it was sold. The next car of interest was a recently restored genuine Old
English White 100M with known history. Again bidding was spirited, but
slowed towards the end with the car realising US$154,000 (Aus$147,715). What
I found amusing during the bidding was that a Gooding employee walked
amongst bidders distributing bags of popcorn.

Next was a BJ8 that was described as "one of the best in the country, if not
the world." Originally Healey Blue with blue trim it was sold new in Germany
and found its way to the US where it was restored. It is finished in
Opalescent Maroon and tan trim, which I think didn't do the car justice,
however that's just a personal opinion. It's price? US$104,500
(Aus$100,230)! So perhaps some think the same as I do.

The last car of interest was a 1953 Nash-Healey Roadster in very bright red,
which was probably nothing like its original colour. It sold for a healthy
US$115,500 (Aus$110,780).

Hoo Roo

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jim Lesher
Sent: Tuesday, 29 January 2013 12:33 PM
To: Bob Yule; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] auctions

Bob - a couple of fellas from the Phila region of AHSTC went and at the Jan
meeting passed out a excel list of the auctions, car auction #'s and the
sale
prices. I will check my circular file and send it you in a couple of days
jim
how is the weather?
Scotsdale
to

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 08:41:58 +0000

Mindboggling that someone would pay 104,000 for a BJ8!

Derek

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Patrick and Caroline Quinn <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Patrick and Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:08:49 +1100

G'day

There are a couple of BJ8s for sale in Australia right now for Aus$125,000
or US$130,735 using today's exchange rate.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Sydney, Australia

  _____  

From: Derek Job [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, 29 January 2013 7:42 PM
To: Patrick and Caroline Quinn
Cc: Jim Lesher; Bob Yule; Forum
Subject: Re: [Healeys] auctions

Derek

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Patrick and Caroline Quinn
<[email-masked]> wrote:

G'day

Hoo Roo

Patrick

-----Original Message-----

Scotsdale
to

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 04:43:49 -0800

Agreed!   They should go for at least a half-million.

Bob
BJ8 I'll let go for a bargain $400,000

-- 
*******************************************************************
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            [email-masked]

*******************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]