Subject: [Healeys] 3000 Mk3 dash top questions - fitting and restoring

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 10:28:52 -0500 (EST)

Trying to redo the padded dash top,  There is a little metal angle bracket
that attaches (via split rivets)  to the plywood on each end.  Which way do
they go?  Mine the brackets were attached with the flange on top of the
plywood with the split rivet head on the metal going through the plywood with
the tangs bent underneath.  Yet a photo in the Heritage Upholstery web site
shows the bracket attached under the plywood?  Which is correct?

I do not know is mine was redone ever, but the plywood is shot and we made a
new piece.

Also what actually attaches the dash pad to the car.  I seem as only the two
screws the hold the rear-view mirror down hold it in place.  It has been so
long since the car was assembled that I am not sure anymore.  Does the front
of the pad get captured by the bottom of the windshield frame?  I am not to
that point yet.

Thanks

Jeff
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 12:47:06 -0500 (EST)

Don't forget the metal tabs that are screwed to the dash top wood bow about
1-1/2 inches from either end.  They get bent under the rear of the shroud/cowl
to hold the dash top down.
Aloha
Perry

-----Original Message-----
From: jjsandsms <[email-masked]>

Also what actually attaches the dash pad to the car.  I seem as only the two
crews the hold the rear-view mirror down hold it in place.  It has been so
ong since the car was assembled that I am not sure anymore.  Does the front
f the pad get captured by the bottom of the windshield frame?  I am not to
hat point yet.
hanks
eff
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]