Subject: [Healeys] Transmission - rear shifter plunger

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 19:42:28 -0800

Previously I mentioned that I could not shift into reverse. I pulled 
the transmission and removed the reverse fork. What I found is the 
larger reverse plunger is extremely hard to push in. It seems to be 
hanging up on the smaller detent plunger. When the springs are 
removed both plungers move freely in there bores. The contact 
surfaces where the plungers interface are relatively smooth and not 
galled at all. The springs are fine although the detent spring seems 
very stiff but it is original as far as I know.

Should I bevel the edges of the larger plunger where it interfaces 
with the detent plunger to help it ease over the detent head?

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Thank you,

John Spaur
'62 BT7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys