Subject: [Healeys] Safety Check

From: Larry Varley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 19:43:09 +1100

Hi Guys, I suggest you check your front lower suspension arm inner pivot 
nuts, after seeing 2 cars have the special bolts come out after the nuts 
had worked their way off in a short space of time. It seems the 
reproductions with nylok nuts are a bit short on thread and the nylon 
doesn't bite in, rather than the castellated nut and split pin used on 
the originals. A few minutes with a spanner could save a disaster.
Cheers
Larry Varley
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:35:33 -0500

This makes me wonder if it would be better to put the castellated 
nuts back on, and drill a hole for the pin...reproducing the original 
set-up. I don't think they EVER came undone!

Stephen, BJ8

[email-masked]