Subject: [Healeys] Rear Seat Covers

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 19:35:08 -0500

Hi John

The original roadster rear seat pans had a "D" shaped stiff horsehair pad
glued to the metal pan under the pleated portion of the seat, with thin cotton
wadding under the smooth horseshoe part.  The piping between the two parts
lined up with the series of holes in the metal pan, which were for a number of
butcher's cord stringsattached to the cover piping. These passed through the
holes and tied to each other, pulling the piping firmly down to the pan. The
strings, holes and knots were covered by vinyl strips for waterproofing.

The edges of the seat covers were turned over the edges of the metal pan and
glued to the back of the pan.  So really no part of the rear seat cover faces
was actually glued to the front face of the pan.

Nowdays the horsehair has been replaced by a 1/2" foam pad and the cotton
wadding by 1/8" foam.

Best
Peter
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys