Subject: Re: [Healeys] Jute underlayment

From: David Nock British Car Specialists <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:46:55 -0800

The Jute is original but not really a good heat insulator. If you are  
looking to block as much heat as you can I would recomend using  
Dynamat on the entire  floor first rather than the tar paper. Include  
covering the transmission tunnel and vertical panel on both sides as  
well as behind the front kick panels especialy on the drivers side.  
Then use Dynaliner on the floor in front of the seats and foot box  
area. There really is no need to install any insulation under the  
seats it will interfere with the seat tracks.

I now have put on my fire suit because there are probably 1000  
different opinions about this.

David Nock
British Car Specialists
Stockton Ca 95205
209-948-8767

www.britishcarspecialists.com

Please feel free to view an interview with the Nock's in 2009
	Enjoy	
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTTRYkbQzs
.
.

On Jan 22, 2013, at 7:22 PM, john spaur wrote:

> I have a Heritage interior kit for my BT7. It came with the jute  
> underlayment but it is very thick. The jute is supposed to be  
> installed under the seat tracks and under the wood filler and metal  
> strip that goes over the tar paper or whatever material people use  
> in lieu of the tar paper.
>
> Are people installing the jute as described?
>
> Are people cutting slots in the jute like the carpet is slotted for  
> the seat runners?
>
> Are thicker wood strips needed? Mine are 5/16" thick?
>
> Many thanks for any guidance provided.
>
> John Spaur
> San Jose, CA
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/ 
> [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:26:05 +0000

John

I not sure that concours guidelines have the jute under the seat rails.
Heritage also supply their carpets without the cut outs for the rails but I
believe this is so that each owner can cut the materials to suit the exact
position of the rails in their particular car.

Derek

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:46 PM, David Nock British Car Specialists <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Varley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 05:34:16 +1100

Hi David, not a flame, just my experience with Dynamat. I used it on my 
V8 powered Vanguard ute extensively. The small cabin has tremendous heat 
build up, and it is really no better with the Dynamat. I found it was 
great for noise insulation, which reduced dramatically, however the 
floors above the mufflers got just as hot as before installing it. It is 
an excellent product to use, it bonds and forms well over the steel, but 
for heat insulation it would need to be on the outside of the car rather 
than the inside, in my opinion.
Cheers
Larry

On 24/01/2013 3:46 AM, David Nock British Car Specialists wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
> -----
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2013.0.2890 / Virus Database: 2639/6051 - Release Date: 01/22/13

[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:44:47 -0500

Larry

When I installed dynamat in my 100 I sandwiched both the floor under the
driver's seat and the transmission tunnel with creating a very effective heat
barrier.

Best--Michael oritt

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 23, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Larry Varley <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi David, not a flame, just my experience with Dynamat. I used it on my V8
powered Vanguard ute extensively. The small cabin has tremendous heat build
up, and it is really no better with the Dynamat. I found it was great for
noise insulation, which reduced dramatically, however the floors above the
mufflers got just as hot as before installing it. It is an excellent product
to use, it bonds and forms well over the steel, but for heat insulation it
would need to be on the outside of the car rather than the inside, in my
opinion.
>> different opinions about this.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>> Version: 2013.0.2890 / Virus Database: 2639/6051 - Release Date: 01/22/13
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Larry Varley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:11:32 +1100

Hi Michael. I would expect that it would work much better under the car
where the foil faces the heat. I know the Dynamat sticks well, I just wonder
about having anything glued under the floor where water ingress could happen
and set up rust. Mind you with all that heat under there it would probably
dry out quickly :) perhaps not an issue on the under side or the tunnel.
Cheers
Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Oritt [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, 24 January 2013 8:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: David Nock British Car Specialists; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Jute underlayment

Larry

When I installed dynamat in my 100 I sandwiched both the floor under the
driver's seat and the transmission tunnel with creating a very effective
heat barrier.

Best--Michael oritt

Sent from my iPad

>>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual 
>>> donation  $12.75
>> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual 
>> donation  $12.75
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual 
> donation  $12.75

[email-masked]