Subject: Re: [Healeys] spin-on oil filter question

From: "BJ8 Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:35:36 -0500

Richard, I have an adapter that holds the filter in the same orientation as
the original filter canister.  Photo attached.  I bought this one from Moss
Motors in 1987.  Don't know whether this is the same as the one you are
asking about, or what info you need about it.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of richard mayor
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:54 PM
To: healeys
Subject: [Healeys] spin-on oil filter question

About 8 years ago I bought a 6 cylinder spin-on oil filter adapter that
mounted onto the original oil filter housing - at the point where the old
canister style filter was originally fitted.  It uses a KN oil filter part #
HP 2009. I don't recall from who or where I bought it or for how much. I
think I bought it because the other style adaptor had the oil filter coming
within a few millimeters from the starter motor electrical connections.  I
didn't think that was very prudent idea.  I now have a smaller gear
reduction starter that gives me more clearance and I want to sell this
adapter and go with a straight off the block adapter.  Can anyone out there
give me any info about the adapter I have that attaches to the original
housing?

 This is for a street Healey car - not my race car.

Thanks, Richard Mayor
_______________________________________________

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of oil filter adapter.jpg]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Robert F. Begani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:27:43 -0500

I bought mine also from Moss many years ago and never installed it.
Finally, last year I did install it with no problems on clearance.  It came
with a Fram PH 3600 filter which has the grip material on the end.  

Bob Begani
BJ8 Punta Groda Florida 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of BJ8 Healeys
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:36 PM
To: 'richard mayor'; 'healeys'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] spin-on oil filter question

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  

-----Original Message-----

Thanks, Richard Mayor

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
oil filter adapter.jpg] _______________________________________________
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2899 / Virus Database: 2641/6136 - Release Date: 02/27/13
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]