Subject: [Healeys] Smooth or Ridged

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:28:27 +1100

G'day

Last Saturday our AH club head a technical day at the motor vehicle accident
repair workshop of a club member.

In residence at the workshop were a number of Austin-Healeys including that
of the Quinn variety awaiting for its engine bay to be painted.

It's not often that I have the opportunity to compare chassis of different
Austin-Healeys and it was interesting to see others lined up. As you would
imagine the chassis of the Quinn Austin-Healey is a little different, but
there was one thing I hadn't noticed before and that was with the front
inner guards.

The other cars there included a BN2 and a couple of BJ8s all of which had
smooth front inner guards, while the front inner guards of the BN3/1 are
ribbed or swaged.

Can the BN1 owners out there please have a look at their front inner guards
and let me know if they are smooth or have two raised swage lines running
the vertical length of each front inner guard?

If you haven't a clue what I am talking about I am happy to send a photo.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Sydney, Australia
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys