Subject: [Healeys] Radiator cap thermostat combinations

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 14:20:39 -0800

I was checking the archives and read a few emails concerning 7 pound 
caps versus 10 pound caps. The conclusions seemed to be:

7# cap - to stop overflow fill up and let the radiator find it's own 
water level (or use an overflow container)
10# cap - may not overflow but, according to Moss it cannot be used 
with an original style thermostat with sleeve and bellows.

I am not yet too concerned about overheating because I have a newly 
rebuilt four row radiator with the original top and bottom and I have 
not yet driven the car let alone driven it on a hot northern 
California summer day.

Concerning the thermostat, I am wondering if there are significant 
advantages to using an original style sleeved type with bellows? If 
so what are the advantages?

Thank you,
John Spaur
San Jose, CA
'62 BT7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:21:31 -0800 (PST)

I'm in.

Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

--- On Tue, 2/12/13, Joseph Troutwine <[email-masked]> wrote:
Count me in on one of the 860/1870F for my BJ-8 as well.  Just let me
know how you want to proceed.

Joe Troutwine
BJ-8  Chandler, AZ

[email-masked]