Subject: [Healeys] Non-Healey- Microcar Museum

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 15:39:53 -0500

Mr. Weiner owned Dubble Bubble chewing gum, and- appropriately- built a
collection of "bubblecars". He put his first collection of some 40 cars
together beginning in 1993, and shipped them to London England for auction by
Christies in 1997.   Later that year in a tour of Europe he found a German
museum whose proprietor was ready to retire. Missing his old collection, he
bought the entire museum and had its contents shipped to Madison, Georgia to
serve as the core of a new microcar museum in a newly-erected building.  The
collection grew by leaps and bounds over the years and at one point numbered
350 cars, the largest of its kind in the world. Last year he came to the
difficult decision to part with the collection, and the February 15-16 auction
by R-M Auctions includes two hundred cars and a great many groupings of signs,
toys, coin-operated machines, and memorabilia.

I was fortunate to have been curator/ restorer for Mr Weiner's museum for over
a decade, and while I hadn't been part of the museum for a number of years,
was surprised to be asked to write the catalog for the auction: a 5 x 5
micro-book for micro-cars, but 850 pages thick and 60,000 words.

The auction's website is here:
http://rmauctions.com/auctions/event.cfm?SaleCode=BW13
Go to "view Lots", click and "View More" for additional pics.

Best
Peter
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: scott willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 15:05:23 -0600

Thanks so much for the details Peter. Sad to see it go.

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club USA
59 MGA
66 E-Type FHC

http://bgeuroclassics.webs.com/
BG Euro Classics Car Club President
Bowling Green, KY
100% CONTACT: [email-masked]

----------------------------------------
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 15:39:53 -0500
> Subject: [Healeys] Non-Healey- Microcar Museum
>

[email-masked]