Subject: Re: [Healeys] California Drivers

From: Don Joy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 11:58:23 -0800

We may have California beat in that Washington State is proposing a 10 cent
per gallon hike to pay for roads.  Our gas tax is already one of the highest
in the nation. Don JoyYakima, WA
 > From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 11:21:51 -0800
> Subject: [Healeys] California Drivers
>
> Is the price of gasoline high enough for you?  If not, fear not.  In this
> morning's Sacrament Bee, the following:
>
> "... And there's this:  The state Board of Equalization at its meeting next
> week is expected to approve a gas tax increase of 3.5 cents per gallon,
which
> would take effect July 1."
>
> (The Other) Len
> Vacaville, CA, USA
> 1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 15:14:40 -0600

<< On 2/23/2013 1:58 PM, Don Joy wrote:
> We may have California beat in that Washington State .... >>

Yeah, yeah; we got EVERYBODY beat <G>? <F>?;
We (ILL) gots more CROOKED politicians ! ! !  Feds, even <G> !
And BOTH (we ARE Equal Opportunity, after all) genders !

But one of 'em is OK 'cause Daddy is "proud" of him ? ! ?  WTF???

Ed

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 23:03:04 +0100

Well at about $1 a liter (two weeks ago in Arizina) it is not at all to 
bad, we pay about $2,40 a liter. So what are you complaining about?
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Op 23-2-2013 20:21, Len and/or Marge Hartnett schreef:
> week is expected to approve a gas tax increase of 3.5 cents per gallon, which
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2013.0.2899 / Virusdatabase: 2639/6123 - datum van uitgifte: 02/22/13
>
>

-- 
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
2995XG Heerjansdam
T: 078-677 1233
E: [email-masked]

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Graeme Molony" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 09:30:47 +1100

Good morning guys,

If you think you have got it bad spare a thought for the poor Aussies, gas 
prices jumped this week to $7.10 per gallon (imperial) for unleaded and to 
$7.56 per gallon for Premium
Last week I managed to buy gas @ $6.00 per gallon oh the joys of monopolies 
The two largest chains control approx.47% of the market.

Cheers from down under

Graeme  Molony
Mt. Martha Vic.
( 1965 BJ8 )
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 15:14:26 -0800

Kees:  Having lived and driven in Europe a couple of times for a total of 
about 6 years, I am well aware of the price of gasoline there.  However, I 
am talking California, USA.  You may be used to paying the high price, we 
are not.

California has a base price of gasoline that is higher than most other 
states (specialized blends).  If stocks get low, for whatever reason- as 
they are now due to refinery maintenance - the result is a price jump 
(supply and demand?).  Another trigger is price speculation in the futures 
market.  Add those to the fluctuating price of a barrel of oil.  Now add in 
the California law that prohibits California from importing gasoline from 
other states because they do not have the same blends.  Demand can be high 
but supply can be limited and there is no source to supplement our supply.

People that must drive are not prepared to add these increases to their 
budgets.  Gas prices have spiked between 57 and 59 cents over the past 30 
days.  The price in Los Angeles is 11.3 cents more than last week and 57 
cents higher than last month.  In San Francisco, the price is $4.22 a 
gallon.  A week ago, it was $4.08 and 56 cents more than what motorists were 
paying a month ago.  Compare that to $3.20 per gallon in Wyoming and Montana 
and you see why Californians get upset.

Granted, there is a major difference between the price of your gasoline 
compared to ours.  However, historically, it has been that way for a long 
time and it is a shock for us when prices take such major jumps at the pump 
in such a short period of time.

(I won't make any snide comments about you having an Arizina (sp) in the 
Netherlands.  Gas in our Arizona is $3.69/gallon)    ;-)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Oudesluys" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] California Drivers

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 18:30:37 -0500

Just got home and read this subject...

Filled up at $3.59 a gallon in NJ and that is "full service".  It is illegal to 
pump your own here.

And Ed, you don't have much over NJ as we have our fair share of Thieves & 
Scoundrels.

Bob

[email-masked]

---

From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 16:43:23 -0800 s=q20121106; t=1361666581; bh=yFg4W0WDi/1m1dESC2WuQ60soAkENv16bWn5QPrX698=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=oUyM9lFWP1C8IbA249L842dEgExsoIaLIHap1AFI7PixCgzcr56Jyb4poZrPLHveD mknn0PJ0lapmFZGRax60n6X4uOlrEY7nRduAVmXEPMiWzL/R3MzQeRmThllKBspGJm GPCfsDKxVpFPnf5vT8wsRghlQ+dxo/4dA7nWLCrLlyWeiFPg8bjRbbcx/5GqX3ng0e qJPrxz05LdkCEeq0DZ5NxlXzs+7lKOZFfwlp1XgMKAfpJfBJJcO7SDWeXVeIpeKDJy me8vI+qdpMHUO/y97+KYIPd6PF8xhGfqQ3EXEWKooBCmGxxAG0mi0s6xDXtkM21+Br c3eIdVGUWBhBA==

And an auto license tax, to boot!  Plus I'm sure a lot of the $ will go 
towards transit, including the ferry system.

Mike
Seattle

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Don Joy" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; "AustinHealey List" 
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] California Drivers

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 19:52:23 -0600

<< On 2/23/2013 5:30 PM, Bob wrote:
> It is illegal to pump your own here. >>

HeeHee, I recall a LBC Owner that actually pulled a gun on one of your 
"attendants" <VBG> ! !

<< And Ed, you don't have much over NJ as we have our fair share of 
Thieves & Scoundrels. >>

Yeah, but as I said Bob, ours are FEDS (+ 2 or 3 State --- lame cats 
huh <G> ?) !

1 in a half-way joint, 1 in Med. Security and TWO (2) headed IN (most 
likely Med. Security <VBG>) !
And I don't recall any of your folk's Daddy holding a National Press 
Conference to say he is 'proud'??

Huuuum, wonder what Daddy has done ??  LOL

Ed

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 09:46:59 +0100

Hallo Len,
Two weeks ago I made a 2500 miles round trip (mainly going by back 
roads, some times dirt tracks) from San Diego, Julian, Joshua tree park, 
Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Nevada/Arizona desert&mountains, Quartzsite and 
back to San Diego. Somewhere in Arizona deep down in the country I paid 
$3,55/gallon. One US gallon is 3,55 liters, I think, hence $1/liter. We 
pay around Euro 185/liter which compares to $2,40/liter or $8,50/gallon.
I know petrol in the US has always been dirt cheap, hence the gas 
guzzlers, and any substantial increase will hurt.
Cheers,
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 24-2-2013 0:14, Len and/or Marge Hartnett schreef:
> Kees:  Having lived and driven in Europe a couple of times for a total 
> of about 6 years, I am well aware of the price of gasoline there.  
> However, I am talking California, USA.  You may be used to paying the 
> high price, we are not.
>
> states (specialized blends).  If stocks get low, for whatever reason- 
> as they are now due to refinery maintenance - the result is a price 
> jump (supply and demand?).  Another trigger is price speculation in 
> the futures market.  Add those to the fluctuating price of a barrel of 
> oil.  Now add in the California law that prohibits California from 
> importing gasoline from other states because they do not have the same 
> blends.  Demand can be high but supply can be limited and there is no 
> source to supplement our supply.
>
> People that must drive are not prepared to add these increases to 
> their budgets.  Gas prices have spiked between 57 and 59 cents over 
> the past 30 days.  The price in Los Angeles is 11.3 cents more than 
> last week and 57 cents higher than last month.  In San Francisco, the 
> price is $4.22 a gallon.  A week ago, it was $4.08 and 56 cents more 
> than what motorists were paying a month ago. Compare that to $3.20 per 
> gallon in Wyoming and Montana and you see why Californians get upset.
>
> Granted, there is a major difference between the price of your 
> gasoline compared to ours.  However, historically, it has been that 
> way for a long time and it is a shock for us when prices take such 
> major jumps at the pump in such a short period of time.
>
> (I won't make any snide comments about you having an Arizina (sp) in 
> the Netherlands.  Gas in our Arizona is $3.69/gallon)    ;-)
>
> (The Other) Len
> Vacaville, CA, USA

[email-masked]

---

From: Al Malin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:03:09 -0500

The price of raw gas is about the same in Europe as it is in the U.S..

Dramatically higher taxes at the pump drives the price difference. Free
European-style socialism is not cheap, as we are finding out here.

Tricarb,
Al Malin

On Feb 24, 2013, at 3:46 AM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hallo Len,
> Two weeks ago I made a 2500 miles round trip (mainly going by back roads,
some times dirt tracks) from San Diego, Julian, Joshua tree park, Las Vegas,
Grand Canyon, Nevada/Arizona desert&mountains, Quartzsite and back to San
Diego. Somewhere in Arizona deep down in the country I paid $3,55/gallon. One
US gallon is 3,55 liters, I think, hence $1/liter. We pay around Euro
185/liter which compares to $2,40/liter or $8,50/gallon.
> I know petrol in the US has always been dirt cheap, hence the gas guzzlers,
and any substantial increase will hurt.
>> Kees:  Having lived and driven in Europe a couple of times for a total of
about 6 years, I am well aware of the price of gasoline there.  However, I am
talking California, USA.  You may be used to paying the high price, we are
not.
>> California has a base price of gasoline that is higher than most other
states (specialized blends).  If stocks get low, for whatever reason- as they
are now due to refinery maintenance - the result is a price jump (supply and
demand?).  Another trigger is price speculation in the futures market.  Add
those to the fluctuating price of a barrel of oil.  Now add in the California
law that prohibits California from importing gasoline from other states
because they do not have the same blends.  Demand can be high but supply can
be limited and there is no source to supplement our supply.
budgets.  Gas prices have spiked between 57 and 59 cents over the past 30
days.  The price in Los Angeles is 11.3 cents more than last week and 57 cents
higher than last month.  In San Francisco, the price is $4.22 a gallon.  A
week ago, it was $4.08 and 56 cents more than what motorists were paying a
month ago. Compare that to $3.20 per gallon in Wyoming and Montana and you see
why Californians get upset.
>> Granted, there is a major difference between the price of your gasoline
compared to ours.  However, historically, it has been that way for a long time
and it is a shock for us when prices take such major jumps at the pump in such
a short period of time.

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:43:49 +0100

But we Europeans do benefit all.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Op 24-2-2013 16:03, Al Malin schreef:
> Dramatically higher taxes at the pump drives the price difference. Free European-style socialism is not cheap, as we are finding out here.
>
> Tricarb,
> Al Malin
>

[email-masked]