Subject: [Healeys] "Block assembly -spare wheel retaing"

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 15:27:10 -0000

Hi,

More advice please....

Why are these wooden blocks so deep? Yes, they make the spare wheel sit away
from the rear bulkhead and wheel arch but what is the purpose of that?

And why not cut them down, by say 1.25", so the spare wheel goes in further
and more to the left?

Tempted to get the saw out, but "measure twice, cut once" or words to that
effect....

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 16:48:19 +0100

Simon
I think it depends more on what dimension your spare tire is. Originally 
the spare tire was located, as you say, under the wooden blocks. But 
today we use fatter tires and it doesn't work as intended anymore. I 
would move the block, or cut it if only a small cut would be needed.
I don't have a spare tire, thus no wooden blocks either. I have a small 
compressor and an extra tube instead.

Per

Simon Lachlan skrev 2013-02-06 16:27:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]