Subject: [Healeys] BN1 and BN2 front fenders - check me on this please.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 23:05:49 -0500 (EST)

I need to check something.  With the 100-4, there are the BN1 front fenders,
and the BN2 front fenders.  The easiest (only?) way to tell them apart is to
measure the distance from the top of the wheel opening to the top of the
fender.  Here is the Austin Healey service note about it.
http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/a421.jpg
It notes that the measured distance for the BN1 is 9 1/2 inches, and 9 inches
for the BN2.  I would SWEAR it was 11 inches for the BN1 and 9 inches for the
BN2.  I just seem to have this strongly in my memory.  Am I wrong?  I would
assume that the Healey service note is correct, but, dang!  :)
 - Paul B.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 22:07:22 -0800 (PST)

Easiest way is to look at the chrome spears behind the wheel opening.  On the
BN1 the spear points over the opening radius.  On the BN2 the spear points
below the top of the radius.  Don't forget, some BN2s had BN1 fenders. 
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

--- On Thu, 2/28/13, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:

[email-masked]