Subject: Re: [Healeys] Sidescreen questions

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 23:31:20 +0100

Derek
Exactly what I'm doing as well, have done one so far exept for the felt 
strip. The felt strip that I have removed was glued in place. Don't know 
with what though, but I plan to use some textile glue, similar to 
contact glue.

Yes, the front is fixed, and must be on the outside. On the early BN4s 
though the front one was sliding, but you know that, don't you.

Have you installed new rubber sealing strips? Someone told me some time 
ago that this was an impossible task. It took some time, but far from 
impossible. I used an old screwdriver that I had bent the tip of a 
little and filed off all sharp edges.

Per

Derek Job skrev 2013-02-05 11:00:
> I decided to retore my scratched and damaged sidescreens as I have them on
> the car all the time for competitions and they currently look a mess..
>
> I've just got the felt and I'm ready to install the new perspex.
>
> 1. Is the felt just glued into place with contact adhesive?
>
> 2. I think the the front perpsex, which is fixed in place, should be on the
> outside rail. Is that correct?
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Richard Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 19:07:37 -0600

So how are you guys installing the "glass"?
I did the rubber and have the new  felt to use but found it hard to do with
the lens in place. I have decided to replace the "glass/lexan" as well since
the original is a mess.

Regards,
Richard of KY
BN 7 #440

Sent from iPhone

> Exactly what I'm doing as well, have done one so far exept for the felt
strip. The felt strip that I have removed was glued in place. Don't know with
what though, but I plan to use some textile glue, similar to contact glue.
>
> Have you installed new rubber sealing strips? Someone told me some time ago
that this was an impossible task. It took some time, but far from impossible.
I used an old screwdriver that I had bent the tip of a little and filed off
all sharp edges.

[email-masked]

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 17:32:51 -0800

I used polycarbonate (Lexan) for my BT7 sidescreens. It can be bent 
easier than Plexiglass without fear of it breaking.

John

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 21:02:57 -0600

Thanks.. I assume you let it heat a bit in the sun ?

Regards,
Richard C

Sent from iPhone

On Feb 5, 2013, at 20:00, "john spaur" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I used polycarbonate (Lexan) for my BT7 sidescreens. It can be bent easier
than Plexiglass without fear of it breaking.

[email-masked]

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 19:07:57 -0800

Didn't think of that but you could.
Regards,
John

At 09:02 PM 2/5/2013 -0600, you wrote:
> > I used polycarbonate (Lexan) for my BT7 sidescreens. It can be 
> bent easier than Plexiglass without fear of it breaking.
> >
> > John
> >

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 08:38:14 +0000

My sidescreens are done!

Actually turned out to be much easier than I thought. There was no old felt
to remove and I used the felt strips from AH Spares. They fit perfectly and
I simply glued them using contact adhesive. I cut the tape and installed it
in four seperate strips to make it easier to manage, and used a small flat
bladed screwdriver to press it into the channels.

I installed the rear pieces first. I made sure they were properly embedded
into the bottom rail felt and worked them well in by sliding them backwards
and forwards. My son then held the frame and I bent the perspex to fit into
place.

Nice fit, looks great and no rattles.

Derek

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 3:07 AM, john spaur <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ______________________________**_________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/**listinfo/healeys<http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/healeys/derek.c.job@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>

[email-masked]

---

From: "John Rowe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 07:28:44 +1000

Not necessary to heat at all- would probably not make much difference.
Virtually indestructible stuff!. I don't think Lexan is overly UV proof but
for the amount of use it gets will be fine.I used it as headlight protectors
on my truck-after about 5 years and 1m kms it started to go opaque. Good
stuff
Cheers
John Rowe
Qld Australia
Bn1 BT7

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Richard Collins
Sent: Wednesday, 6 February 2013 1:03 PM
To: john spaur
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Sidescreen questions

Regards,
Richard C

Sent from iPhone

[email-masked]