Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hagarty Insurance

From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 22:03:25 -0800

I am sure that there will always be someone who has had a bad experience 
with one service or another in their lifetime.  As for my experience with 
AAA, I have absolutely no complaints.  With the exception of my time spent 
overseas in the military, I have been either an associate member on my 
fathers membership when I earned my first driver's license or on my own as 
an adult.  That covers a period of about 67 years.  I haven't needed very 
many tows with the various cars that I have owned over the years but those 
that I have needed have never been a problem.

 I have used a lot of their maps.

If you recall, I had a piece of my fan break off and damage my radiator 
during the return from Vancouver Island Rendezvous.  I called the AAA for a 
tow to a local radiator shop.  The tow truck had to come from Olympia, WA, 
to Aberdeen, WA, a distance of 50 miles.  Upon arrival, in the rain, the tow 
driver was able to put my Healey on the flatbed without damaging my vehicle. 
He had the necessary lumber and experience needed to assure that my mufflers 
and rear license plate remained on the car.  He was neat, the truck was 
modern and clean, and the tow was without incident.

As a further plus, the driver indicated that he had a job beyond Aberdeen 
but would be coming back empty.  He offered to pick us up on his return trip 
if I could not get the radiator repaired and carry us to Olympia thus 
getting us 50 miles closer to home.

I have had jump starts due to dead batteries and have run out of gas.  A 
granddaughter locked her keys in her car and my AAA membership rescued her. 
Wait times have sometimes seemed long but the end result has always seen a 
successful conclusion.

(I can't use Hagarty because they require that both my wife and I each have 
a daily driver in addition to the Healey.  At our ages, we do not need three 
cars in the family)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jack Feldman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:31 PM
Subject: [Healeys] Hagarty Insurance

> Don't know the answer to George's question since I haven't had to use my
> towing insurance. I added the coverage when AAA sent a rusty truck driven
> by a greasy driver. He was going to hook the  front end and drag it up on
> the platform thus tearing out the muffler and who knows what else. AAA is
> only interested in cheap and not servicing out market.
>
> I just got off the phone with a Hagerty's rep, and was told that my
> Hagerty's towing covers all my cars, collector and US, and will tow any 
> car
> I own for 125 miles.
>
> Jack
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: F Ronald Rader <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 22:17:31 -0800

Hagerty has been beyond great the two times that I made claims.
once after 5 sand storms in one day  in XKE on the Copperstate 1000
and once in my GT 350 H  after a one car road accident in the rain.
ron

>> Hagerty's towing covers all my cars, collector and US, and will tow any car
>> I own for 125 miles.

[email-masked]