Subject: Re: [Healeys] 10 Cheap Cars That Make You Look Rich

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:05:29 -0500

Nice that they think that I am a rich old dude. Gotta keep this away from my
wife or she will want part of the money that he says I have but don't.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of HealeyRick
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:30 PM
To: Healey List
Subject: [Healeys] 10 Cheap Cars That Make You Look Rich

#2 - Austin-Healey 3000
http://jalopnik.com/ten-cheap-cars-that-make-you-look-rich-170373147
Apparently the author hasn't been AH shopping recently.

Rick

"Madman in a
death machine"
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Tracy Drummond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 06:10:51 -0800

How funny  they say on the article
.......................................First I am not rich and secondly I am
young for a Healey owner..............hehehehehehe

We have never seen anyone but rich old dudes driving Austin-Healey 3000s.
Give one a good paint job, fix all the chrome brightwork, and you'll look
like you drive this thing on the weekends, when you're not making
multi-million dollar acquisitions.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Jody Kerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 07:47:40 -0700

Let me try not bouncing the list this time.

Well, the price ranges in that article are not necessarily my
definition of cheap. (which is 5-10k, preferably less). But in the
20-30,000 dollar ranges it IS possible to pick up an older restoration
Austin-Healey 100-6 or 3000. It won't be a show car, but it will be a
10-20 footer, which would be just fine. :) I just double checked Auto
Trader Classics and found a number of them in that price range. A
little intelligent shopping and some patience might net a real gem.

Though, the car from that list I really want (since I already have a
Healey) is the Porsche. Specifically a '79 911 SC Targa in Guards Red
with the whale tail.

Jody
-- 
http://www.theymightberacing.com/

1953 Studebaker Champion            1960 Austin Healey 3000 (BT7L/5479)
1974 Jensen Healey MKII (14291)   1974 Jensen Healey MKII (18854)
1978 Triumph Spitfire (Mum's)         1981 Triumph TR8
1970 MG MGB                               1980 Triumph TR7
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn
from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent
disinclination to do so."
--Douglas Adams
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]