Subject: Re: [Healeys] Windshield angle screws - BT7

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 09:14:46 +0100

John
There are kits available with all that you need for restoring your 
windscreen frame. Not very expensive, and you don't need to spend time 
searching for the screws. I suppose all the suppliers have these kits, I 
bought mine from Ahead4Healeys.

Per

john spaur skrev 2013-02-07 07:17:
> I hope someone can tell me the thread pitch and size of the screws used
> for the windshield frame assembly. 15 out of 16 holes are fine but I
> need to get a tap to fix one.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 10:43:05 -0800

The angles, in a kit from a reputable supplier, are a poor fit and 
create gaps at the frame intersections when compared to the 
originals. However, the new kit did come with the screws of the same 
size and thread. Unfortunately they are not chromed as original.

John

At 09:14 AM 2/7/2013 +0100, Per Schoerner wrote:
>windscreen frame. Not very expensive, and you don't need to spend 
>time searching for the screws. I suppose all the suppliers have these kits, ...

[email-masked]

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:33:27 -0800

I had two styles that were chromed; slotted and Phillips. The screws 
were shorter than the after market ones; just long enough to pass 
through the frame and the full depth of the bracket.

John

At 02:36 PM 2/7/2013 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> > The angles, in a kit from a reputable supplier, are a poor fit 
> and create gaps at the frame intersections when compared to the 
> originals. However, the new kit did come with the screws of the 
> same size and thread. Unfortunately they are not chromed as original.
> >
> > John
>
>Wow, were they chrome originally? Mine were so rusty I never knew! I 
>bought new ones also. They did not fit well.
>
>Lin

[email-masked]

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 16:38:52 -0800

Not the four, two each side, on the top of the frame. Those are only 
hidden when the bonnet if up.

Sent from my Cray Titan supercomputer

At 02:11 PM 2/7/2013 -0800, Tracy Drummond wrote:
>They are hidden though.
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>On Feb 7, 2013, at 10:43 AM, john spaur <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

[email-masked]