Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Alternator install

From: Don Day <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 14:07:17 -0800 (PST)

I just bought the alternator kit  # COM180 from A/H Spares and I'm trying to
hook all things up. Looking at all the instructions and diagrams it looks as
though I can just gut my old voltage regulator, I bought a new one  when I
rebuilt my car years ago and I kept the old one,then internally connect all
terminals,D,W/L,F,and B ,then just hook up the wires back to there original
terminals? Then just use the existing wires from the old generator and plug
them into the new alternator ? And the existing wiring to the ignition warning
light will be the same ? At the same time I am converting to a Neg earth and
installing a neg earth ignitor ignition kit in my distriubutor. And changing
the Tach wiring. My electronic fuel pump will work both ways.  
    
  Has
anyone with a 1967 BJ8,PH II late production done this yet?
 
                    Thanks, Don 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 06:35:00 -0800

My setup's not a BJ8 but it is the same.

Scroll down to page 3 for a picture of connections - setup includes dash
light:

http://www.healey6.com/Technical/Alternator1.pdf

Don Day wrote:

rom: Don Day <[email-masked]
<https://mbox.hoster902.com/compose.php?to=[email-masked]> >
To: healey list <[email-masked]
<https://mbox.hoster902.com/compose.php?to=[email-masked]> >
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Alternator install

them into the new alternator ? And the existing wiring to the ignition
warning
    
  Has

                    Thanks, Don

--

Steve Gerow

[email-masked]