Subject: [Healeys] Contraversial

From: Joe and Lenore Armour <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:49:34 +1100

You want something controversial!  I will give you something controversial.

After a lifetime devoted to Healeys, now ask yourself what is that 
exactly?  I started at 17 with my first car a BN4

a.  Austin Motor Company who were attracted to Donald's first Austin 
engined car?
b. BMC the big brother of Healey ownership?
c. Donald Healey Motor Company and their 'specials' ?
d. 'Works' Healeys owned by MG/BMC Competition Dept?
e. Jensen the real builders of big Healeys

Me I go for  answer 'c'

Now after reading a million magazines, buying a thousand books on sports 
car racing, meeting Donald,Geoff,Brian,Peter and Roger I was blessed to 
become the caretaker of two 'works' Healeys.
The last raced Sebring 3000 and the last Healey ENTERED Sprite.  ( not 
the last built, that is the Steve Coleman car)

So what is the controversy?

The AH Club of USA has downgraded both cars to 'bog' standard BJ8 and 
AN9 mk IV Sprite in the bible 'Resource Book' entry.  I guess I will 
never get to meet others interested in 'c' above and start our own 
Registry!!!

See Ya

Joe
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys