Subject: [Healeys] Safety Gauge

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 16:49:16 -0700

Just noticed there are three small screw heads on the bottom of my BJ8's safety (oil press./coolant temp.) gauge.  One 
is located next to the sender line, but two are side-by-side near the face--anyone know if these are for calibration?

Bob

-- 
*******************************************************************
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            [email-masked]

*******************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:17:55 +0100

These screws are not for calibration, but they are the screws that fix 
the bourdon springs from the temperature gauge and the oil pressure gauge.
Calibration is done by bending the U-shaped connection between the 
bourdon spring and the rack of the instrument, however you have to 
dismantle the whole affair first to get to it.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Op 21-3-2013 0:49, Bob Spidell schreef:
> Just noticed there are three small screw heads on the bottom of my 
> BJ8's safety (oil press./coolant temp.) gauge.  One is located next to 
> the sender line, but two are side-by-side near the face--anyone know 
> if these are for calibration?
>
> Bob

[email-masked]