Subject: [Healeys] New Project

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:23:21 -0400

As Bob says, Mr. Viart has already done a similar book on the 140:
http://www.welshent.com/product_info.php?sku=XK140BOOK&name=Jaguar_XK140_Expl
ored&cPath=1109_1128

I like the "In Detail" series, and Clausager has written one on the XK140/
150:
http://www.welshent.com/product_info.php?sku=XK140150BOOK&name=Jaguar_XK140_/
_XK150_In_Detail&cPath=1109_1128
The "In Detail" book on the T-Series MG is quite different than the nice
Austin Healey 100 one by Piggott. One would have thought you'd find
originality info in such a book, but the author, a long-time racer, talks a
lot about modifying the car for racing. Others in the series are more like
histories.
Spiral-bound wiring diagrams for both the early and late 150's are available
further down the same Welsh list.

Philip Porter's "Original XK" in the old Bay View  Books "Original" series has
useful detail and info, and the Jaguar Enthusiasts club did a book on
restoring the 120. I'm sure there are Jaguar people on this list able to point
you towards someone in the clubs. Chris Harvey's XK book is, like his Healey
the Handsome Brute book, a bit formulaic, but it was a great book at the time
(1978).

Best regards
Peter
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys