Subject: [Healeys] Tires

From: "Mark Goodman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 18:40:19 -0400

I put Nexen tires on my BJ8 last year, as I did not like the look of the
Vredestein tire sidewalls as they were too aggressive and I have heard that
the 185-70-15 tires rubbed when doing tight turns.  Nexen is a Korean Tire
Mfg that makes a good tire.  I have used Khumo tires in the past on my daily
driver which has been a 3 series BMW since 1988, which are also from Korea
and they gave me great wear an more importantly great performance.

I had the 165-80-15 Nexen tires Dynamically Balanced and they do not give
any shimmy or shake anywhere within the speed range of my BJ8.  I recommend
that you either get your tires dynamically balanced or shaved when you put
new ones on the car, no matter what brand.

I know that some of you are doubters, but the Nexen tires do come standard
on several Kias, so they cannot be that bad as Kia does have the liability
issue if they do not hold up well.

Mark

www.austinhealeyessence.com
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys