Subject: [Healeys] 26.5mm Iridium plugs in AEC960 head - xpost

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 16:11:27 -0800

I measured the hole at 24mm - see homemade gauge:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/149102920

Am looking at using 26.5mm Iridium sparkplugs: NGK LFR6 series or Denso
IKH20 (aka 5344). The washer at 1.5mm takes the protrusion down to 1 mm into
the combustion chamber. There is 29mm of room between the spark plug face
and the top of the piston at the bottom of the spark plug hole.

I see these plugs are used in many turbo & normal cars and boat engines.
They are pricy but might add up to a slight performance increase from better
combustion.  Do they require an HEI ignition?

Has anyone tried these plugs.

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 17:17:25 -0800 (PST)

On Harley Davidson's which are also old technology, Iridium plugs are
recommended for the newer fuel injected bikes only.  Not sure why. On my carb
type engined Harley, the cheapest Ford spark plugs (sometimes 89 cents on
sale) work the best of any plug I have tried.  I would think, if you want to
go exotic, just a good platinum plug would suffice. IMHO
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

--- On Fri, 3/8/13, Steve Gerow <[email-masked]> wrote:
Am looking at using 26.5mm Iridium sparkplugs: NGK LFR6 series or Denso
IKH20 (aka 5344).

[email-masked]