Subject: Re: [Healeys] U-Bolts

From: Tom Mulligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:45:28 -0400

Cape international sells a lowering kit that includes longer u-bolts. I have
it on my BJ8

Tom

On Mar 15, 2013, at 4:04 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Healey folks,
>
> I am going to use lowering blocks to bring my 67 BJ8 down some and I
> understand the new U-bolts will have to be longer, have the correct arch
and
> be the correct material diameter, and may be hard to find. If someone on
this
> list has done this, and knows where I can get longer U-bolts that will fit,
> will you please advise me? You can respond off list. Thanks
>
> Mel Brunet
>
> HBJ8L/39749
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:35:31 -0700

Does it come with extra resonators?

Bob

-- 
*******************************************************************
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            [email-masked]

*******************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Dimmock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:07:34 +1100

Hi Mel,
Most of the U bolts from many suppliers are too long already. ;-)
They are a pretty standard size u bolt available from most suspension shops.

How much are you lowering the car by?
A couple of things to consider.

1. If you lower it, you reduce the effective suspension travel, and need to
consider reducing the height of the bump stops. I.e taper the rubber blocks so
they are an inverted V shape and shorter.
2. Depending on how much you are lowering it, you may want to consider
upgrading the main leaf at the same time, so there is not too much travel.
3. The BJ8 spring pack centre bolt is quite flimsy compared to the earlier
3000's. The top of this locates in the top  of the diff banjo. So when you fit
a lowering block, you need to fit one which has a locator for the diff banjo
on the top, and a recess for the spring pack bolt head at the bottom. Or make
up a new longer headed spring pack bolt/ locator. Again, depending on how much
you are lowering it, you might want to drill out the spring pack, and fit a
heavier custom made bolt with a longer locator to pass through the lowering
block into the banjo locator hole.
4. Sit in your car, on level ground, and get someone to see how 'level' the
car is at the rear. Most cars are sagging on the drivers side. So you may want
to consider different height lowering blocks, I.e. less lowering on the
drivers side.
Best
Chris

and
this
> will you please advise me?

[email-masked]