Subject: Re: [Healeys] Colin Dodds daughter

From: "Tracy Drummond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 05:21:46 -0800

Chris,

What a heartbreaker. This really brought tears to my eyes and that knot in
the stomach when these unfair and stupid things happen.

Here we have MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) which has helped to get
tougher laws and awareness programs.  This is an example for the need for
such groups as MADD.

Thanks for sharing, you provided me a reminder.

Colin Dodds daughter

Hi Men,
A while back I told you that Colin Dodds, a 40 plus year stalwart of the
Sprite movement here in Sydney Australia, had his daughter killed by a
drunk, unlicensed driver.
It turned out he was unlicensed (suspended due to $4,000 in unpaid fines);
he was over double the legal limit in blood alcohol, had methamphetamine in
his system, and was out on bail for assault.
And this occurred at 7.30AM.....
Yesterday, This arseclown got 1 yr and 9 mths jail - for killing a 23 year
old mother.
http://www.news.com.au/national-news/nsw-act/catherine-taylor-a-life-taken-b
y-sheer-stupidity/story-fndo4bst-1226588776661
I'm speechless.
Oh. And they banned him from driving for 3 years.
The law is an ass. I just need to get this out there - this is ridiculous.
No faith in our legal system...
I'm writing to the Attorney General.
Chris.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Peter & Veronica" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 06:21:28 +1000

But you have to realise Chris that its not HIS fault - society's failed him 
somehow ie it's OUR fault, and the bleeding heart social workers are 
probably offering him courses, counselling etc as we speak so that he can 
get early release!

Peter Linn
Brisbane

-----Original Message----- 
From: Chris Dimmock
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2013 6:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Colin Dodds daughter

Hi Men,
A while back I told you that Colin Dodds, a 40 plus year stalwart of the
Sprite movement here in Sydney Australia, had his daughter killed by a 
drunk,
unlicensed driver.
It turned out he was unlicensed (suspended due to $4,000 in unpaid fines); 
he
was over double the legal limit in blood alcohol, had methamphetamine in his
system, and was out on bail for assault.
And this occurred at 7.30AM.....
Yesterday, This arseclown got 1 yr and 9 mths jail - for killing a 23 year 
old
mother.
http://www.news.com.au/national-news/nsw-act/catherine-taylor-a-life-taken-by
-sheer-stupidity/story-fndo4bst-1226588776661
I'm speechless.
Oh. And they banned him from driving for 3 years.
The law is an ass. I just need to get this out there - this is ridiculous.
No faith in our legal system...
I'm writing to the Attorney General.
Chris.
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 22:55:04 +0800

I am sorry to hear this.  Punishment and rehabilitation are not
interchangeable in such situations, as the former is the only civilized
option.  Wow, this is just wrong...

On Saturday, March 2, 2013, Chris Dimmock wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]