Subject: [Healeys] [Fwd: Re: Controversial]

From: Joe and Lenore Armour <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 23:49:42 +1100

Randy Hicks wrote:

>Just to stir the pot a little, would that Registry include Warwick built 100M's?  :-)
>
>
>  
>
>>Randy
>>    
>>
Without wishing to offend ANY Healey owner it is important to recognise 
that the Donald Healey Motor Company cars built during the Austin  
period cars were , apart from the pre-production 100 models , 
development cars, prototypes or race cars and these were fitted with a 
seperate chassis plate of the Healey Co.  and identified as ------   
HEALEY   eg.  my 3000 has a  HEALEY  chassis plate and the model is 
shown as a ---    ' GT '   and  has  a non standard chassis number.  
When I requested a Heritage Certificate there was a long delay and my 
money was returned as there was no record of the car!    To my surprise 
they had contacted Geoff Healey and he wrote and confirmed the history 
of the car.

100M   was produced as a standard production car and fitted with the 
enhanced specification but were identified as AUSTIN HEALEY.  

Are there other opinions out there?

Joe
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys