Subject: [Healeys] Horsepower and Torque numbers - update

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:52:21 +0000

I thought some of you might be interested in the power output numbers for
my car which has had an engine upgrade over the winter.

Last year it was running with a BJ8 engine, twin 2 inch SU's and a DWR 8
'fast road' camshaft. The power output was 160 bhp at 5500 revs. Max torque
was 155 ft/lb flat from 3200 to 4750 rpm.

I installed a DWR 2 Rally cam together with triple 45 DCOE Webers and a
lightened steel flywheel. The head was re-polished and ported and shaved to
give an 11:1 compression ratio.

Numbers from the rolling road are now.

Power 213 bhp at 5300 rpm
Max torque 232 ft/lb at 4400 rpm.

Details of the car and the power curves can be seen at
http://www.healeysix.net/My%20Fast%20Road%20100-Six.htm

Derek
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys