Subject: [Healeys] New Project

From: Lou G <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 23:04:31 +0000 (GMT)

Gergo,

I also have an xk120 undergoing some repairs.
I've had it about 2 yrs:
Fixed the brakes, radiator, fuel pump, front suspension, guages, cleaned 
the fuel tank,
and it runs pretty good, except:
Gearbox shifting problems, so we sent it off to one of the experts last 
week who claims to
make it like new.
Hopefully back on the road soon...

While my side shift  4 spd in the Healey works super smoothly, the Jag 
Gearbox of the same era was
hard to work when new -awful-  you'll read reports from Stirling Moss 
and others --many switch to a modern 5 spd.

We use the jag-lovers.org forum extensivly;  many vendors to choose 
from, all the parts seem to cost more
than the Healey -- witness the $189. book that just came out.

BTW, last time we were at the XK's Unltd parts showroom in San Luis 
Obispo, CA, they had a 100M on display.

Lou
55 BN1
54 xk120
59 AN5

Hi,

I have just collected my new project. Unfortunatly not a Healey this 
time.
I was looking for a good 100/4 project now for 6 months, but nothing 
realy
catching came in my way. And then came this Jag. Well, I have to confess
that I fell in love with it. After a bit of struggling, I bought it.
I am now desperatly looking for some help. I would like to make a 
perfectly
original car if possible. If only any of You can advice me a forum club 
or
people whom I can contact, please please let me know.

The car is a '58 XK150S OTS in a very poor condition - just as I like 
them.

Thanks in advance:
Gergo

------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys