Subject: [Healeys] Setting fuel level in float bowls

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 00:52:01 +0000 (UTC)

We're trying to set the fuel level in the float bowls of our BN2. I know the procedure--716" drill bit, etc.--but one thing I'm not sure about. The needles have small spring 'bumpers' inside that are probably there to damp float oscillations. Should the correct float height be set with the springs in the needles compressed, or not? I say with the springs uncompressed, since the valves seal at that point and the springs should just provide a cushion.;, my dad thinks the height should be set with the springs compressed. 

I have Grose Jets in my BJ8 so this is not an issue, but we haven't had much luck with the Grose Jets in the BN2. 

TIA, 
Bob 

-------------------------------- 
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:22:29 +0000 (UTC)

It's unanimous: uncompressed. 

Thanks to all who replied. 

Bob 

----- Original Message -----
From: "john spaur" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:36:55 AM 
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Setting fuel level in float bowls 

S.U.Manual states not depressed for delrin needles (spring loaded) 

John 

At 12:52 AM 3/17/2013 +0000, Bob Spidell wrote: 
>We're trying to set the fuel level in the float bowls of our BN2. I 
>know the procedure--716" drill bit, etc.--but one thing I'm not sure 
>about. The needles have small spring 'bumpers' inside that are 
>probably there to damp float oscillations. Should the correct float 
>height be set with the springs in the needles compressed, or not? I 
>say with the springs uncompressed, since the valves seal at that 
>point and the springs should just provide a cushion.;, my dad thinks 
>the height should be set with the springs compressed. 
>I have Grose Jets in my BJ8 so this is not an issue, but we haven't 
>had much luck with the Grose Jets in the BN2. 
>TIA, 
>Bob 

[email-masked]