Subject: [Healeys] Original tire

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 20:44:27 -0400

The Healey Hundreds seem to have been fitted with 5.90x15 Road Speed tires all
the way along. Interestingly, early brochures mention alternate sizes of
6.00x15 and 6.00x16 "in normal roadspeed or racing pattern".

With the Hundred Six having disc wheels as standard, they were fitted with
tubeless tires, unless the disc-wheel car was fitted with overdrive, in which
case it got Road Speeds. Wire wheel cars got Road Speeds with tubes, which
were the premium Dunlop high speed tire and rated for 100mph.

The Dunlop Road Speed RS-4 was introduced in April 1958, and was rated for
"well over 100mph". In June 1960, this was superseded by the Road Speed RS-5
which was rated for 125mph. Dunlop SP-41 165 HR-15 radials were available as
an option on the BJ7 and BJ8.

Best
Peter
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 20:50:20 -0500 (CDT)

How would a 16 inch tire fit on a 15 inch wheel??????
 
Keith

On 03/18/13, Peter Svilans wrote:

Best
Peter

[email-masked]

[email-masked]