Subject: [Healeys] floor carpet question

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:18:22 -0400

Carroll

There was lots of overlap on three sides and a bit on the rear, the idea being
a seamless overall velvety look,  with the factory also keeping in mind that
the natural jute backing of the Kar-Vel carpet dried out and shrank somewhat
over time, potentially creating gaps. Modern rubber-back carpet is pretty
stable.

If you still have original floors, the male floor snaps were in the same
positions from car to car.  My original NOS carpets, still in their BMC boxes,
measure exactly 4" from the center of the rear spiked ring fasteners to the
rear edge of the two (front) carpet pieces. Can give more measurements, if
needed.

I also have attached a b&w factory publicity photo of a BJ8 interior (phase 1
with the early tunnel cubby box), and you can get a feel for the somewhat
casual fit of the original tunnel carpets on the convertibles. Not the best
pic, with lots of shadow.

Best regards
Peter

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of BJ8 Interior0041.jpg]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys