Subject: Re: [Healeys] New Project

From: "Tadeusz Malkiewicz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 18:02:28 +0100

Well,

I have been restoring a xk120ots for few years now. It was a barn find with
original 36k miles, waiting in a barn since at least '68.
I think I can be of help, at least a bit, since I also helped on a
restoration of a XK150FHC which was in a dreadful state.

As for the books, the best one is the XK140 Explored - the 2nd edition. The
value of the book is the co-authorship - Roger Payne - an Australian fellow,
whose attention to detail is well.. I have never seen anything like it. His
xk140 still has the original British dust from the factory..
The xk120 Explored is unfortunately not coauthored by Roger him, and it
shows - I have both.
The xk140 is very valid for the xk150 - there are a lot of similarities.

The best forum for Jag lovers is http://forums.jag-lovers.org, however the
Healey forum is more friendly :-)

Do you have the 3.8 or 3.4 engine? Both were installed to the xk150S. If you
also have a overdrive, it makes it a very rare car indeed.

The S version btw had 3 carburettors, hence a stronger engine (3.4 OR 3.8).
This was the main (only?) difference between the S and non-S. To add to
rarity, you could have a OD. To make it even more rare you could have 9:1
engine compression.

Contact me off-list if you need any info, like where to shop for parts.. :-)

Best Regards,

Tadek
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys