Subject: [Healeys] vinyl top advice

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:58:02 -0400

I second everything David Nock has said about Everflex. Its a terriffic
material with just the right amount of stretch, yet thin enough to be
manageable in tight places, and still slim in applications such as binding.
Rolls Royce thought well enough of it to use it in their convertibles.

Robbins is an excellent company with excellent patterns dating from when our
cars were new.  Their standard Colonial grain material is also top notch, but
it is somewhat heavier and coarser.  When a top that was originally designed
for Everflex (as most were) is reproduced in Robbins' material, the ability to
fold up or fit in tight places can be a bit stiffer and more difficult. Same
goes for the superb Haarz Stayfast (or Sunfast) canvas material. Robbins tops
can be ordered in Everflex.

Everflex was made by Bernard Wardle Ltd, the company being founded at the turn
of the last century, but sadly went out of business about three years ago,
gone the same way as Connolly Leather and Kar-Vel carpet.  Everflex can still
be had, but from some places like Heritage it seems thinner and smoother than
the original.  Just my impression. Wardle Storey's, a high-tech materials firm
still makes it, I think, but I don't know for sure.

Best regards
Peter
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys