Subject: [Healeys] Tip

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 15:30:35 -0700

I might be the last one to figure this out, but just in case there's someone denser than me on the List ...

Our Armstrong shocks--owners with newfangled tube shocks can hit delete now--should be periodically checked and topped 
up with fluid.  According to shock expert Peter Caldwell, there should be a bit of head room above the oil level in the 
shock.  For years, I've been filling to the top of the hole, or at least until I could see the fluid level then 
'extracting' some of the fluid with a paper towel.  Today, it dawned on me that I needed some sort of dipstick to 
measure the level, so I wouldn't be wasting fluid and, worse yet, making extra work for myself.  For years, I've been, 
uh, appropriating some the the wooden coffee stirrers you see at places like Starbucks--hey, if you're paying $6 for a 
cup of coffee ...--for mixing epoxy.  They're a little long, so if you snap them into 2 or 3 inch pieces they are the 
perfect size for dipsticking the fluid level in the shocks (I suppose toothpicks would work as well, but the fluid may 
be less visible).

Bob

-- 
*******************************************************************
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            [email-masked]

*******************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys