Subject: [Healeys] BT7 Alternator

From: Bob Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 17:30:15 -0700 (PDT)

I removed my alternator (Delco/NAPA) today. When installing the new one a
senior 
moment hit. I have two wires attcached to small terminal, but can not
locate a 
loose wire to attach to the large terminal. Checking my files I
found 
the diagram that Don Lenschow sent with his conversion kit. It looks
like there 
is nothing atached to the large terminal. The only connection
shown is 2 wires 
to the small(BATT) terminal. 

Can anyone verify that this
is correct, it sure seemed to me that I removed a 
wire from the large
terminal.

TIA 
Bob   
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "BJ8 Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:08:16 -0400

Bob, I have the Delco SI-10/NAPA alternator and used Don's mounting kit and
installation instructions.  Perhaps the installation for the BT7 is
different from the BJ8, but my alternator only has one terminal on the back,
marked BAT.  The attached photo shows the alternator connections in my car.
The small brown/green wire formerly connected to the small terminal of the
generator is not connected to anything.  I have it tied back to the harness
with a ty-wrap.  The white wire from the alternator plug is connected to the
larger brown/yellow wire formerly connected to the large terminal of the
generator.  The red wire from the alternator plug, as well as the extra wire
added from the battery (starter relay terminal) to the alternator, are
connected to the single alternator BAT terminal.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Bob Brown
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:30 PM
To: Healey List
Subject: [Healeys] BT7 Alternator

I removed my alternator (Delco/NAPA) today. When installing the new one a
senior moment hit. I have two wires attcached to small terminal, but can not
locate a loose wire to attach to the large terminal. Checking my files I
found the diagram that Don Lenschow sent with his conversion kit. It looks
like there is nothing atached to the large terminal. The only connection
shown is 2 wires to the small(BATT) terminal. 

Can anyone verify that this
is correct, it sure seemed to me that I removed a wire from the large
terminal.

TIA 
Bob   

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Alternator Installation Photo (Labeled).JPG]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]