Subject: [Healeys] Steering Play

From: "Tim Ward" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 12:46:51 +0100

Hi Team

This is a problem with my BJ8

I have too much play in my steering, i.e. movement of the steering wheel
with no corresponding movement of the wheels.

I know where the adjustment screw is. 

I have spent all morning trying to access the nut  that holds the screw
tight with no success.

Anyone got any secret tips about how to do this easily?

I would also be grateful to know what is the nut size so I don't have to
experiment with different sockets and spanners!

Many thanks for your thoughts

Tim

Tim Ward

Warwick House

12 Mill Road

Kislingbury

NN7 4BB

Tel: 07855 388 751

www.sixsigmaworks.co.uk

www.Shuttermagic.co.uk

www.kislingburyonline.co.uk

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image001.jpg]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 08:45:32 -0400 (EDT)

Tim
The nut is 3/4 inch. As far as access there isn't an easy way on an assembled
car. I usually crack the nut loose after removing the inner wheel well
extension (splash panel). Pop a box wrench over the adjuster and nut from the
front and loosen. Then the adjustment process. Not too tight at the straight
ahead position. Hold the adjuster in position and screw the nut finger tight
or as tight as you can get it with your arms contorted as they will be
reaching down from the engine bay. Test full movement, lock to lock and free
play again, Reinsert box wrench and snug up the nut. Replace splash panel,
wheel/tire. Be happy with the results.
Aloha
Perry

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Ward <[email-masked]>
To: healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Apr 29, 2013 7:57 am
Subject: [Healeys] Steering Play

Hi Team

I have too much play in my steering, i.e. movement of the steering wheel
ith no corresponding movement of the wheels.

ight with no success.

I would also be grateful to know what is the nut size so I don't have to
xperiment with different sockets and spanners!

Tim

Tim Ward

[email-masked]