Subject: [Healeys] alternator's second wire

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 07:25:44 +0100

Did anyone see the last bit of my previous alternator query:-

"On a related topic........I put in an extra cable from the alternator to
the control box as an article on the www suggested that the original might
struggle to carry the load. Was that necessary? I only ask because - if I
revert to a generator - I'll struggle to get the extra lead into the
available slots on the control box."

I'm sure someone commented on this recently......

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:08:34 +0200

Simon, 

	Its necessary when the load on your car takes more than 25 amps from
the alternator. This is i.e. when battery was down and you bridge
started with another battery. 

	Josef Eckert 

	Konigswinter/Germany  

	  Von: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
 An: "'Healey List'" <[email-masked]>
 Betreff: [Healeys] alternator's second wire
 Datum: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 08:25:44 +0200

 "On a related topic........I put in an extra cable from the
alternator to
 the control box as an article on the www suggested that the original
might
 struggle to carry the load. Was that necessary? I only ask because -
if I
 revert to a generator - I'll struggle to get the extra lead into the
 available slots on the control box."

 Simon

[email-masked]