Subject: Re: [Healeys] What's the rub? tire rub Healey

From: "Earl Kagna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 12:17:09 -0700

Howard:

Maybe it's the wheels - offset too much to the outside.  I'm running Vred 
185 70 15's on both Healeys - BT7 tricarb, and late BJ8.  I'm using Dayton 
457F wheels 72 spoke 5 Inch on both cars that are correct for the Healey 
wheel upgrade.  No problem on either car.

Alan Hendrix at Hendrix Wire Wheel will likely be able to advise you.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 11:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] What's the rub? tire rub Healey

I just recently got my BT7 Healey back on the road. The tires I selected are
Vredstein 185 x 70 x 15". A very aggressive tire tread and quite stout. The
trouble arises when I drive it. If I hit a bump,  I get tire rub on the 
inside
of the front fenders. I know several solutions would be, buy a set of 165 or
175 x70 x15 In short down size. Another would be to increase the body height
by 1" inch or 2"  by adding what? Shock absorbers, add a leaf to rear , redo
the entire system and raise the body with new more modern shocks. Is there 
any
way of adjusting the front British standard shocks?
Cheers
Howard 61 BT7
Tri-Carb Rally Replica
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:19:18 +0100

There shouldn't really be a problem. I have Avon ZZ of the same dimensions
and I also have lowered front suspension. There is no rubbing on the
fenders.

Derek

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Earl Kagna <[email-masked]> wrote:

> -----Original Message----- From: [email-masked]
> ______________________________**_________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/**listinfo/healeys<http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/healeys/derek.c.job@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>

[email-masked]