Subject: [Healeys] BMC Plate

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:47:25 -0400

Hi Niels,

>From the Concours Guidelines:

" On cars sold in California after 1960, a small black (with white characters)
plastic plate stamped with BMC and the model year was fastened on the
firewall, generally under the inboard securing screw of the car number plate
(though sometimes under the outboard securing screw) or mounted separately
with two screws above the Car Number plate. Pictures and observations of a
number of original California cars show absolutely no pattern regarding the
location of this plastic plate. (We can speculate that dealers, who were
simply told to mount the plate on the firewall near the car number plate,
installed these plates.) "
Best regards
Peter
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys