Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Service Manual trivia query

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:28:32 -0400

I have AKD1179A for BN5, BN6, BN7 and BT7

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 5:29 PM
To: Healey List
Subject: [Healeys] 100 Service Manual trivia query

Does anyone know how many 100 service manual version there are?

I have:  Sept 1954 # 997B
             Sept  1956  # 997C
             Sept  1956  # 97H997D
                       1959  # AKD4851  (No month given)

Is it a reasonable assumption that there was an original or A version prior
to Sept 54?

Anything between 1956 and 1959?

Thanks,

Bob
55 BN1
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Richard Korn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:34:03 +0000

Bob,

I have the 97H997D for my BN2 with the supplement bound in.The Bill Piggott
book has a short section on Austin-Healey Literature and he states,

"With every new Hundred sold a rather distinguished-looking hardback driver's
handbook was issued, in a dark red cover with gold lettering., publication
number 996. This ran through five BN1 versions plus two BN2 editions, and then
from mid-1954 the do-it-yourself owner was able to obtain an official
service/workshop manual with a cover to match the driver's handbook.The manual
was publication number 997 and it went through six editions, the first two for
the BN1 alone, the third for the BN1 but with a BN2 supplement, with the final
three versions covering both the BN1 and BN2 models."

I'm sure Peter Svilans or Roger Moment could say whether the first edition
states 997 or 997A.

Richard
BN2

Sent from my iPad

to Sept 54?
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:01:40 -0700

Richard,

Regarding the BN1/2 owners manuals, the 996/A edition was dated January
1954.

In my collection I have all the 100 owners manuals as follows...

996/A
996/
996/

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:34 AM, Richard Korn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:27:14 -0700

OK let me try this again without inadvertently hitting send.

Richard,

Regarding the BN1/2 owners manuals, the 996/A edition was dated January
1954.  This is the earliest manual that I have.

996/A January 1954
996/B April 1954
996/C November 1954
996/D February 1955
996/E December 1955 (BN2)  There are three version of this manual.

Therefore, the very first BN1 owners manual was just 996 dated September
1953. There are two versions of this first manual, however there are very
minor differences in the two.

Regarding the 100 Service manuals, I have...

97H997D September 1956
AKD4851  (1959 - no month given, with a green vinyl cover)

This being said, and given the dates and the numbering of the owners
manuals, I would suspect that there might have been both a 997A and
possibly a first edition 997.  I will do some further research to find the
answer.

Cheers,

Curt

[email-masked]

---

From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:04:50 -0700 s=q20121106; t=1367359468; bh=hzadhfLrxw2pWSWN2dbvljf6QxjLEi68SeH4FgcTaO8=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=Vkv5llDA1pHxXNGbiEiL2b0RZR+P4CowNuXYIfw0gAx+C6YAfj6CFK6DzbdMuz6Kn pfGUKb9bHf01NRX0SjallN+CdCxoDsRhPgDLgQa6XxrQ+VcS5hWyueBIqGVLokDsoB HR39WJ08ihrovtLDJ8KPLCJTvMjehaxk58s3I1EBrbg7QrFo1+tzHfhxkNNZWGd/Nn RKdw1WxXHonnF3+XqfVsTrVef8cLahhN/86+pYiII+cfba4R7HvWXjzOGzgzjjsaCZ v/kvPDvqH7ong+VES2/7C/VjPONOHPydHt1TNHXc7L3s2TXMpe38Zo6DSA21ghjuhU CjX3Yjw0eqGNw==

Is there such a thing as a supplement for the M?  I would doubt it, 
but.........  And, what would be in it?  Maybe just a flyer-type 
publication.

Mike
BN2 

[email-masked]