Subject: [Healeys] Maximum 2.6 Bore

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:57:26 +1000

G'day

Perhaps someone out there might be able to assist.

The engine from the Quinn Austin-Healey (not the soft touring car with
wind-up windows and a glove box, but the other one) is with the engine
rebuilder.

It is an early 2.6 litre C-series with a smooth sided crankcase. The
standard bore of which is 79.375mm and according to a well known parts
supplier cannot be bored out past +60 which would take it to 80.875mm.

When I removed the cylinder head I thought the pistons looked a little big,
and sure enough the bores were measured today and they are 3.281 or 83.34mm.
This is standard 3000.

Number 2 cylinder is scored and will probably need to be sleeved.

Has anyone had an experience at taking a 2.6 engine past its 'permissable'
limit?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Sydney, Australia
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys