Subject: [Healeys] Radiator Cap -

From: Jean Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 13:33:31 +0000 FILETIME=[80D584D0:01CE2EDD]

All this talk about rad caps in the last week or so reminded me of a job I had
several years ago at a plant where radiator caps, amongst other automotive
items, were assembled. The 7lbs or 10 lbs or whatever  lbs is specified for a
given vehicle, were actually rounded numbers. There should be a brass tag on
the backside of the cap, held in place by the center rivet that will actually
gives the specific pounds at which it will operate (like 7.3lbs or 7.5lbs) and
at what elevation this would occur at, ie: 7.3 lbs @1000 feet. This tag had to
be there if for sale in North America. Not sure now where most caps are made.
Of course let your engine cool for a while if you just drove your car in order
to check this out.

Jean
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Jean Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 17:19:45 +0000

I forgot to mention in my previous message that this type of radiator cap with
the brass tag on the underside was only available on April Fool's Day!! Have a
good one everyone.

Jean

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Radiator Cap -
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 13:33:31 +0000

Jean

[email-masked]