Subject: [Healeys] Healey Noise?????

From: Rich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 07:27:42 -0700 (PDT)

Need some help with a noise from the rear axle area (57BN4).  Went out for a
drive and after about 30 miles the noise began.  I originally thought it might
be a broken brake shoe spring that had fallen onto the drum, nope.  I can't
tell if it a scrape or grind.   It has kinda a scrape with a click like
something in a fan.  The noise increases when I let off the gas and coast.
 The noise is the same in neutral coasting down hill (forward and reverse). 
This winter I did remove the right axle and changed the O-ring and paper seal
(had a minor leak after 55 years).  I gently reinserted the axle without
problems.

I could really entertain some ideas, as I am a long way from Healey
knowledge.

I used my Iphone to record the noise.  Here are two short
recordings:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1l8tucg947axsxn/hXbLPumUA-

Any and
all help welcome.

Rich
57BN4
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Steve B. Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:46:03 -0800

Sounds kind of like a water pump.

-- 
Steve Gerow
Altadena, CA
'59 BN6

[email-masked]