Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: how to restore 100/6 and AH Badges?

From: Richard Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 09:11:01 -0400

I am almost finished my 3 year restoration of my 1957 100/6 BN4 and have a
few small bits to restore.  One is the 100/6 front grill badge and the AH
wing badge.   I purchased a new 100/6 badge and can't believe how soft and
bendable the metal is compared to my original.  I'd like to restore the
original.  I can polish the metal nicely but was wondering how to best
create the red lettering so that it holds up to the elements long term.
 Any thoughts?  Any comments on color too?  I was looking in to epoxy paint
but it seems it fails under UV exposure.  Would urethane or acrylic paint
work?
thanks,
rich berman
https://plus.google.com/photos/110087349657726745747/albums/5528813397849858337?banner=pwa
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 09:47:21 -0400

You can try Pamela David in the UK. http://badgecraft.co.uk/index.htm
No personal experience but highly recommended. On her web site she goes
through the process of restoring a badge. Perhaps, if you do not want her to
do the work, you can glean some pointers from her process.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Richard Berman
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2013 9:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: how to restore 100/6 and AH Badges?

https://plus.google.com/photos/110087349657726745747/albums/5528813397849858
337?banner=pwa

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 10:45:15 -0700

Rich,

You might also check out Karla Maxwell, she is a good friend and lives a
few miles from me.  She is trained as a jeweler and has be doing Pebble
Beach quality cars for many years now.  I have done some Bakelite
restoration for her and have visited her well equipped and immaculate
workshop many times

http://www.maxwellenamels.com/

She did the *Austin-Healey Script *badge for my original 100  finned valve
cover.  It turned out perfect, but be warned Karla is not inexpensive, so
figure $200-300 for your average badge.

I've attached a few before and after photos.

Cheers,

Curt

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM, John Sims <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5785.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5791.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5864.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5866.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5867.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IMG_5862.JPG]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]