Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Front bumper

From: Greg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 23:04:05 -0400

When I prepped the car to re-pipe the breaks I removed the front bumper to
make it easier to get into the engine compartment. For the test drive to check
the breaks, tranny, et.al., I left it off.

I have to tell you, I really like the looks of the BJ8 without the bumper.

Any reason I should/must put the bumper back on?

Greg
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 6:21:04 -0400

No---although mine is on, I love the looks with it off.

Tom
65 BJ8
---- Greg <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============

Greg

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 14:07:04 +0000 (UTC)

Alan, 

I thoroughly dispute your statement. The 'nods to Safety' in the BJ8 are quarter-arsed at best. 

Thoughtfully, 

Bob 

-------------------------------- 
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA 

----- Original Message -----
s] BJ8 Front bumper 

You asked Greg, so I'll put my flame suit on in readiness. 
<big smiley> 

What you are seeing with no bumper are the true Healey lines, as designed by 
Gerry Coker, enhanced by the oval grill that was preferred by DMH (think 
100S). 
It indicates that your Healey appreciation is now maturing to the point at 
which you can truly appreciate the purity and beauty of Gerry's work in the 
original AH100 design. 
%^) 

Of course over time with the addition of all the bells, whistles, marketing 
bling and half-arsed nods to 'Safety', we ended up with the BJ8. A car I 
have owned and thoroughly appreciate as the ultimate evolution of the breed. 
Unfortunately if you leave the front bumper off your BJ8 it will look 
'unfinished' so it has to go back on. 

The answer to the problem is to get an AH100 project and build it as Gerry 
intended - no bumpers at either end. 
</big smiley> 
_________________________________________ 
(______________ Alan Bromfield_______________) 
(_______\____1957-BN4____/________) 
(__tinyurl.com/healeyforum _) 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]