Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Service Manual trivia query

From: Chris Dimmock <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 20:38:25 +1000

Ok,

100/4 stuff...
Can't help, but I've got two service manuals:

997B dated September 1954
97H997D dated September 1956

And one Parts List:

1050 "Revised June 1956" Edition 2

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 30/04/2013, at 7:29 AM, Bob <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Does anyone know how many 100 service manual version there are?
>
> I have:  Sept 1954 # 997B
>            Sept  1956  # 997C
>            Sept  1956  # 97H997D
>                      1959  # AKD4851  (No month given)
>
> Is it a reasonable assumption that there was an original or A version prior
to Sept 54?
>
> Anything between 1956 and 1959?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 09:23:58 -0700

OK Listers,

After consulting with Roger Moment, here's what we've come up with...

*BN1/BN2 Service Manuals*

*997 *-* *July 1954

*997A *-* *September 1954

*997B* - September 1954

*997C* - September 1956

*97H997D* - September 1956 (there are both red and blue cover versions of
this manual)

*AKD4851 - *(1959 - no month given)

*BN1/BN2 Owners Handbooks*:

*996  *         *September 1953  *(Apparently originally published with no
publication number, just the word PUBLICATION in the lower left of the
title page, and a small piece of paper has been pasted over it; the pasted
strip reads PUBLICATION NO. 996).

*996*           *September 1953  *(Like the one above, only the word
PUBLICATION appears on the title page with nothing pasted on top of it, but
on the facing left-hand page is printed PUBLICATION NO. 996).

*996/A        January 1954     SECOND EDITION.*

*996/B*        *April 1954*          *THIRD EDITION* (interestingly, inside
the front cover someone wrote in pencil: 1B8753).

*996/C*        *November 1954* *THIRD EDITION* (yes, I know that it should
probably say FOURTH EDITION, but it says THIRD EDITION).

*996/D*        *February 1955*   *FOURTH EDITION* (interestingly, this one
is apparently from Australia as the presumed first owner wrote, in ink, on
the back of blank sheet inside the front cover: Ron Blunt / 64 Abuklea Rd /
Eastwood, and there is also a small, loose sticker (that was never licked
and stuck inside) giving the address of the Austin Motor Co. office in
Sydney, and there's also a sheet glued inside the back cover describing the
warranty and it lists the same Sydney address).

*996/E*       *December 1955*   *FIFTH EDITION*

*996/E*       *December 1955*   *FIFTH EDITION* with (BN2) on the cover,
under the 100 flash, and also on the title page, also under the 100 flash.

*97H 996E* *December 1955*  *FIFTH EDITION* with different graphics on the
cover, which I surmise to be a later printing/factory reprint.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: robert westcott <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 09:36:38 -0700

HI Mike,

My manual is:     977 (no suffix) printed July 54.

It has a supplement  called " AUSTIN - HEALEY HUNDRED  (MODEL B.N.1)   SPECIAL
EQUIPMENT AND TUNING INSTRUCTIONS".

It could have been added by the owner.  (he signed it and recorded the 3,
100's  chassis numbers of the cars he bought).

Major Ralph OBennitt  ((difficult to read his script)

1954  	152757	Black
1954	152000	Tan & Red
1955	222076	white

20 pages:  Publication No. 1131   printed in England by James Upton Ltd.,
Birmingham.  No date.

It has sections A - I  detailing the Le Mans Engine Modification Kit, Part No.
P.280

Cover picture is a Healey blue 100 circling a banked track (possibly
Brooklands).
Back cover has the old Austin flying "A" printed in light blue.

No date.

Rob

On Apr 30, 2013, at 3:04 PM, "Mike" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Is there such a thing as a supplement for the M?  I would doubt it,
but.........  And, what would be in it?  Maybe just a flyer-type publication.
> Mike
> BN2

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Korn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 17:46:18 +0000

Interesting stuff considering I'm also a collector of first editions.
I have a 97H997D in red but only states  copyright The British Motor
Corporation 1959

Any other variations?

Richard
BN2

Sent from my iPad

On May 1, 2013, at 16:23, Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 15:14:48 -0400

WOW!!!

As the originator of the Query first let me say thanks to all those who took the 
time to respond.  It sure generated far more list activity than I would have 
anticipated.   I had printed out those with manual information and was starting 
to make a summary that I would have posted.

However I have abandoned that effort.  Curtis's reply with assistance from Roger 
Moment was far more concise and complete than the information I had 
accumulated.   Nobody had mentioned that there were different color covers for 
the Sept 1956 version and that was one of 2 Sept 1956 versions.   I'll consider 
the answer complete fully recognizing the sources.

So once again thanks, and with SPECIAL THANKS to Curtis and Roger.

Bob
55 BN1

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 12:51:28 -0700

Bob,

Thanks for the kind words.  I had most of this information on file as part
of an update to the Concours Guidelines.  Roger helped to fill in the gaps
that I had on the Service manual information.

Cheers,

Curt
AH Concours Committee Chairman

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Bob <[email-masked]> wrote:

> WOW!!!
>
> As the originator of the Query first let me say thanks to all those who
> took the time to respond.  It sure generated far more list activity than I
> would have anticipated.   I had printed out those with manual information
> and was starting to make a summary that I would have posted.
>
> However I have abandoned that effort.  Curtis's reply with assistance from
> Roger Moment was far more concise and complete than the information I had
> accumulated.   Nobody had mentioned that there were different color covers
> for the Sept 1956 version and that was one of 2 Sept 1956 versions.   I'll
> consider the answer complete fully recognizing the sources.
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 12:52:36 -0700

Richard,

As I posted in an earlier email...

*AKD4851 -*  (1959 - no month given, with a *green vinyl* cover)
Curt

[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Lesher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 16:34:35 -0400

Curtis - I can't wait to see the addition to the Concours Guide. will it be
out for 2014?  Will you happen to mention or give credit to the source of the
100 owner's handbook listing or the 100 Service Manual variations?

Jim lesher

> Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 12:52:36 -0700
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Service Manual trivia query
>
> Richard,
>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]