Subject: Re: [Healeys] heads

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 09:12:03 -0700 (PDT)

My correctly repaired 100 head cost me $500 already repaired and rebuilt
including all new valves and seats.  Because the guy that did the crack repair
had to auger out the two inner intake ports to get at the crack I felt it was
going to be an unbalanced air flow between the two inner and two outer
cylinders.  I had the head pocket ported for another $300 at APT by Phil.  So
I have $800 bucks total in the head.  I'll run it until it cracks again, if it
does, then I'll buy an aluminum head.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

--- On Thu, 5/9/13, Bob Yule <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Bob Yule <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] heads
To: "HEALEY LIST" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 3:28 PM

    We have found that there are two kinds of Healey 100 heads.  Those that
are cracked and those that are going to crack.  A repaired, rebuilt head will
have about $1500.00 in it,and still be susceptible to cracking.  That's close
to half the cost of a new aluminum head.
Cheers.......Bob
Check out our web site www.autofarm.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys