Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 engine prices

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 18:20:45 +0200

One of mine was cracked at several places, mainly between plug hole
and valves. I solved it with an aluminium head and put my good
crackfree head on the shelf for display. Engine feels much stronger
and no leaks between block and cylinder head (knock on wood). 

	I heart laser welding could also work but haven`t tried so far. I
have about 3 cracked heads around.

	Josef Eckert 

	Konigswinter/Germany

	  Von: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
 An: healeys <[email-masked]>
 Betreff: Re: [Healeys] 100 engine prices
 Datum: Thu, 09 May 2013 18:08:25 +0200

 While we're on the topic ... 

 I know the 100 heads are notorious for (at least) leaking between #2
and #3 cylinders--is this where they crack? Or, can you get a crack
between intake and exhaust valves, or ...? 

 What are the symptoms of a cracked head? 

 Bob
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 09:18:09 -0400 (EDT)

What type of head gasket are you recommending?
Gary hodson

Also remember that the head studs will stretch and the old copper
style head gaskets leak. So you should also install the upgraded
studs and head gasket.

David Nock
British Car Specialists
Stockton Ca 95205
209-948-8767

www.britishcarspecialists.com
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]