Subject: Re: [Healeys] brakes

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 23:32:46 +0200

Mike,
Use an Eezybleed. This will pressurize the master cylinder and will push 
the brake fluid to the nipple you are bleeding. There is no chance air 
will come into the system at all, as long as you keep the Master 
cylinder and/or Eezybleed topped up
With vacuum you may have the chance that you will suck air past the 
threads of the bleed nipple, getting you nowhere.
Also check all joints for tightness as it sounds as if you may have a 
leak somewhere.
Kees Oudesluijs

Op 2-5-2013 23:02, Mike schreef:
> Somebody tell me what I am doing wrong.  Be nice.  I had a brake fluid leak at
> a rear wheel, which I finally traced to the wheel cylinder itself.  While
> fixing this, I also rebuilt the master cylinder.  Now I am trying to refill
> the system with fluid.  It is probably completely empty by now, as the car has
> been sitting for a long time.  I am using a vacuum pump to bleed, and can get
> lots of air, but hardly any fluid at all.  The level in the m/c is not going
> down, either.  There is no bleed port on the m/c, but I just loosened the
> outlet fitting and pumped the pedal a few times; seemed to flow ok, so
> tightened it all back up.  This is a BN2.  If I'm doing something stupid, that
> is right in character.
>
> Mike
> _______________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 18:25:37 -0400

Hi Mike,
One very important thing is to ensure that there is some clearance in the
master cylinder push rod. If this is adjusted too tight the master cylinder
charging port will not open.
Michael S

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Mike <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
Michael Salter

[email-masked]

---

From: Joseph Troutwine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 10:03:41 -0700

I had the same situation when I replaced all the lines on a muscle car I 
own.  The solution I finally found (after many other trials with 0 
results) to work was to buy a large syringe for a horse/ cow that holds 
60ml. at the local feed store ( $3 ).  I filled it with brake fluid and 
inserted the end into the brake line which I disconnected at the MC (the 
tip fit snugly).  Opened the left rear bleeder and forced the fluid 
through.  Only took one full syringe and the system was full and then I 
just bleed in normal manor with my trusty MightyVac to finish.  Worked 
for me and now I have a new "special brake tool" in the box for the future.

Joe
BJ-8

On 5/2/2013 2:02 PM, Mike wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]