Subject: Re: [Healeys] Subject: Re: Brake hoses

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 19:43:31 +0200

I am really shocked to see that people wait until the brake hoses are in 
an appalling condition before they replace them. These are safety items 
that should be thoroughly checked each year. Original style rubber hoses 
do not last long. They can perish within 5 years. Hoses as old as over 
50 years can be lethal. Whenever there are defects visible, even very 
small cracks, replace them immediately. They are easy to replace and 
they are cheap at less than $100 for a full set of stainless steel 
braided PTFE lines from e.g. Goodridge.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Op 31-5-2013 19:29, mike brooks schreef:
> Not that I am advocating using original spec hoses, but I just replaced the
> rear hose on my 100 a few months ago, as the rubber had gone very soft. The
> hose still had the original spiral "spring" around it. I suspect it may have
> been on the car since it was built, as the repro hoses I have seen don't have
> the spring thing.
>
>
> Mike Brooks
> '56 BN2
> Scotland
>
>   
> Reply
> to: [email-masked]
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2013.0.3343 / Virusdatabase: 3184/6371 - datum van uitgifte: 05/31/13
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 14:42:59 -0400

Since I don't have my car here and I'd like to order the stainless 
braided brake hoses, does anyone have the specs for the threads, etc. 
handy?

Stephen, BJ8

>I am really shocked to see that people wait until the brake hoses 
>are in an appalling condition before they replace them. These are 
>safety items that should be thoroughly checked each year. Original 
>style rubber hoses do not last long. They can perish within 5 years. 
>Hoses as old as over 50 years can be lethal. Whenever there are 
>defects visible, even very small cracks, replace them immediately. 
>They are easy to replace and they are cheap at less than $100 for a 
>full set of stainless steel braided PTFE lines from e.g. Goodridge.
>Kees Oudesluijs
>NL
>
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 21:09:27 +0200

You buy them as vehicle specific sets so they should fit the car.
One of many examples on Ebay.co.uk:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOODRIDGE-BRAKE-HOSE-KIT-Austin-Healey-3000-/190833635287?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6e922fd7

Kees Oudesluijs
NL

[email-masked]