Subject: [Healeys] Seat Belts - A caution

From: Jack Feldman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 18:19:09 -0500

When I first got my BT7 I bought two three point belts. I installed  three
point belts on both MGs. The GT had the mounting nuts already installed,
the C had to have a hole drilled in the side of the wheel well to mount the
retractor mechanism.

I took the Healey to one of the national experts to get sorted out, and
asked him to install them. Not only did he refuse, he refused to discuss it
at all, even when I told him that a racing Orthopedic Dr., friend said
there would be no problem from spinal compression in an accident.

Got to Guru number 2. He said he would install them if I paid cash and
didn't have a paper trail to the installation. Evidently, the issue was
that they didn't trust the steel in our 60+ year old cars to hold in an
accident.

These are two men who dedicated their lives to be best Healey restorations
in the country.

Comments?

Jack
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys