Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN2 Interior

From: jerry wall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 14:46:32 -0500

bob,
if you don't plan on going the concours route, go with moss ( you can go
through bcs - david nock) and get the moss discounts.  you definitely want
leather w/white piping as this is the way the car came.
my 2 cents.
cheers,
jerry

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> OK, I know this topic has been gone over before, but I'm in the throes of
> trying to make a big decision.  Our BN2/100M needs a new
> interior--everything--and I can't decide where to buy.  I've heard Moss
> quality is decent, Skinner and some others in GB are a bit better and
> Heritage is best but hard to contact.  Moss has a pretty good sale going on
> and I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but just can't decide if it'll be good
> enough (can't fault Moss for service).
>
> So, anyone care to weigh in?  Car will be a (really) good driver. Also,
> what's the list opinion on leather seats?  AFAIK the car didn't come with
> them, but are they worth the extra $$$? Harder/easier to install?  Interior
> will be black--car is W/B--is the white piping correct but just look damn
> good (or both)?
>
> I know it's a personal decision, but I'm agonizing over this and would
> appreciate any feedback.
>
> Bob
>
> --
> ***********************************************************************
> Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            [email-masked]
>
> ***********************************************************************
> ______________________________**_________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/**listinfo/healeys<http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/healeys/jwbn6hrdtp@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>
>
>

-- 
jerry wall  BN6
rowlett, tx
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 16:24:04 -0400

Neither of my BN2 - 100M's came with white piping originally.

Might want to check on this in more depth. It will be interesting to see what
the experts think about this statement,

Randy

On May 1, 2013, at 3:46 PM, jerry wall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> you definitely want

[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 16:52:33 -0400

Neither of my BN2 - 100M's came with white piping originally. Nor did my
Spruce Green '55 BN1.

Randy

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 22:03:27 +0100

Jerry

Why would going with Moss mean you were not going the concours route? Are
they that bad?

Derek

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM, Randy Hicks <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 15:44:22 -0700

Derek and Listers,

In 1992 at the 40th Anniversary Conclave in Breckenridge, Colorado - Hans
Nohr not only won a Concours Gold his BN7, he won best Concours Healey out
of a very impressive lineup to include a BN2 (100M) done by Rich Chrysler
that had a $15K custom interior done by Martin MacGregor.  Anyone familiar
with Martin's work knows how meticulous he was as a trimmer

Hans had a Moss interior installed by his long time trimmer!

Roger Moment has been working for several years now with Moss on their
Armacord for Big Healeys to get it as correct as possible.

Cheers,

Curt

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Derek Job <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 15:45:18 -0700

Listers,

Randy is correct, not all 100 interior colors had a contrasting piping;
red, green, black, and blue are examples.

Off the top of my head, the only example of contrasting piping on a 100 is
a red car with black interior and red piping, but I will check the
Guidelines when I have a chance.

Curt

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 17:32:49 -0700

Why Bob, yes we do... specifically the original aftermarket finned aluminum
valve cover for the 100s with the chrome and red enamel Austin Healey
script badge.  These were an after market option when new, and we allow
them without deduction because the are so cool!  But that's the only
exception that I know of off the top of my head.  Now you'd better have the
original knurled knobs and the original chromed steel oil cap (with the
number 206 inside a raised circle), or we'll deduct for those parts that
aren't original.

Curt

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Don't the Guidelines make an exception when something just plain looks
> AWESOME???!!!
>
> Bob
>
>
> --------------------------------
> Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
>
> Listers,
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 21:01:54 -0400

Reno  or Carmine Red cars with black interiors had red piping

Black cars with Off-White (beige) interiors has black piping

Healey Blue (Healey Grey or Ice Blue) with dark navy interiors had Grey
piping.

There were probably some special orders but who knows. These are the only
contrasting pipings combinations that I know of.

Randy

On May 1, 2013, at 6:45 PM, Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Listers,
>
> Randy is correct, not all 100 interior colors had a contrasting piping; red,
green, black, and blue are examples.
>
> Off the top of my head, the only example of contrasting piping on a 100 is a
red car with black interior and red piping, but I will check the Guidelines
when I have a chance.

[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 21:03:26 -0400

Aero Screens?

Randy

>> Don't the Guidelines make an exception when something just plain looks
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 21:10:17 -0400 (EDT)

We have an early BN2 that still used Carmine Red like the BN1's.  Interior is
black including seats and armrest with red piping as original. I will say the
original piping had turned to a orange tinted red before it was replaced.
I had the advantage of having known Steve Pike more than 25 years ago and when
we started the restoration in 1992 Steve made a couple trips to our former
home in Hawaii to help. The interior was done by his son at Steve's shop in
Australia and shipped to Hawaii for my installation.  Still looks good 20
years later.
Aloha
Perry

Curt wrote:
Listers,
Randy is correct, not all 100 interior colors had a contrasting piping;
ed, green, black, and blue are examples.
Off the top of my head, the only example of contrasting piping on a 100 is
 red car with black interior and red piping, but I will check the
uidelines when I have a chance.
Curt

> Neither of my BN2 - 100M's came with white piping originally.

 Might want to check on this in more depth. It will be interesting to see
 what
 the experts think about this statement,

 Randy

[email-masked]

---

From: healey53 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 22:25:25 -0400

Just to add to the confusion, on my '56 100M the original door panels and kick
panels were beneath the "upgraded" vinyl the PO decided to use.  The. color
was teal.  I believe it was only a one year color.  There was a photo that
Rick Chrysler had pointed out of a car done in this color and the seats did
not have contrasting pipping.

Joe
'53 #923 Coronet Cream
'56 100M
'67 BJ8 aka the Blue Baby as per wife and kid

Sent from my iPad

>> leather w/white piping as this is the way the car came.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 04:57:07 -0700

Thanks to all who responded.  I learned a lot and because of the discussion I've decided to go with black leather/vinyl 
with black piping (unless I hear it's not correct from an authority).  Turns out my dad doesn't like the white piping 
anyway--he thinks all black is more elegant--and since the folks are springing for the interior for my birthday, well, 
it's the way to go.

I'll also probably order the Moss kit.  Although there was mixed opinions on the quality we decided installation was 
probably the deciding factor (the Hans Nohr story was the 'kicker').  Since Roger Moment has been advising on the carpet 
I gotta believe it'll be decent at the least.

Thanks again to all who responded, and we can certainly keep the conversation going!

Bob

-- 
*******************************************************************
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            [email-masked]

*******************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Oritt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 12:40:45 -0400

The original interior on my late 54 BN1 was black with persimmon (red-orange)
piping.

Best--Michael Oritt

Sent from my iPad

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 17:57:20 +0100

Joe,

You are correct about the Teal Blue interior for BN2s. This is what Rich
Chrysler had to say on the subject.

http://www.healeysix.net/Teal%20Blue.htm

Derek

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded.  I learned a lot and because of the
> discussion I've decided to go with black leather/vinyl with black piping
> (unless I hear it's not correct from an authority).  Turns out my dad
> doesn't like the white piping anyway--he thinks all black is more
> elegant--and since the folks are springing for the interior for my
> birthday, well, it's the way to go.
>
> I'll also probably order the Moss kit.  Although there was mixed opinions
> on the quality we decided installation was probably the deciding factor
> (the Hans Nohr story was the 'kicker').  Since Roger Moment has been
> advising on the carpet I gotta believe it'll be decent at the least.
>
> options/healeys/derek.c.job@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]>

[email-masked]

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:36:25 -0700 (PDT)

Teal blue cows.

Rick

"Madman in a death machine"
Follow My Nasty Boy
Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo

________________________________
 From:
Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
To: Bob Spidell
<[email-masked]>; Derek Job <[email-masked]> 
Cc: Forum
<[email-masked]> 
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:57 PM
Subject: Re:
[Healeys] BN2 Interior

So, where do you get teal blue leather?
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Korn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 16:18:58 +0000

Derek and all,
Just to clarify the teal article, the bottom 4 pictures are from a BN2 from
feb. 1956.

Peter found some teal leather and redid the seats but reused all the original
vinyl. I can honestly say that these are the most comfortable seats I've sat
in, 10 hours from conclave 2007 home and my back was better than a trip in my
daily driver(Opel).

Richard
Sent from my iPad

On May 2, 2013, at 16:57, Derek Job <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Support Team.Net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/**listinfo/healeys<http://autox.team.net/mailma
n/listinfo/healeys>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
options/healeys/derek.c.job@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options
/healeys/[email-masked]>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 18:37:35 +0200

Op 3-5-2013 18:18, Richard Korn schreef:
> 10 hours from conclave 2007 home and my back was better than a trip in my
> daily driver(Opel).
>
> Richard
Says it all really. Opel are notorious for their bad seats, especially 
Astra's. I always dread driving them home when I repatriate these 
vehicles from Italy, France , Spain etc. Another car with terrible seats 
is the bugeye small Renault Twingo. Good for an acute hernia.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]