Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Interior

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 19:42:08 -0400

Mike

The vast majority of these cars sixty years on are no longer original. Some
original-looking cars are in fact replicas, made of parts and materials that
are for the most part manufactured after 2005. Chassis, mechanical and
electrical parts, wheels and tires, replacement body parts, entirely new
interiors and tops, even the paint, are newly made in some country other than
England.  Most of these cars have by now led complicated and convoluted lives,
with many parts having been replaced or altered over the years. The Bugatti
club rates cars according to what Percentage of original parts still remain in
the car.

And the Purists, about whom we hear a lot but actually see very little of, are
not gangs roving around the parking lots of our meets, pronouncing judgement
and doling out punishments.

So no worries, the car is what it is, and it has cut a path through time which
is totally its own.  So enjoy it, and bring it out and let others enjoy it as
well.

Peter
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: healey53 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 22:35:49 -0400

Peter
   In the article mentioned by Derek you are noted as having a car with a teal
interior at your shop for re-trimming.  Were you able to locate a supplier of
teal material?  I'm redoing my 100M and would like to do the teal if I can
find the proper materials.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Joe

Sent from my iPad

On May 2, 2013, at 7:42 PM, "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]