Subject: [Healeys] Oil cooler

From: Fred Wescoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:10:20 -0400

I am considering adding an oil cooler to my car.  Moss offers a package
with SS lines and a 13 row radiator.  Moss also offers an installation kit
(for less $) with rubber hoses and the cooler is separate.  The coolers are
10, 13, 16 and 19 row radiators.  I drive the car in 50 - 75 mile jaunts at
speeds of 60 - 70 mph with some stop and go.  I do occasional spirited
driving through the mountains, including long uphill climbs.  Sometimes the
oil pressure will drop to 35 psi on the long hills and high speed as the
car stays out of overdrive.  When the car drops back into overdrive, the
pressure will hold at 40 psi at 3000 rpm.  The car will run about 200
degrees on the uphill climbs.

My questions really revolve around how much does the oil cooler help to
maintain the oil pressure and running temp of the car.  How many rows do I
need in the radiator?  In this case, are more rows better?

Are there sources other than Moss for a high quality (SS lines) set up?

What is the collective wisdom and results of the list from those who have
installed oil coolers?  How many rows for the radiator and what sources are
there?

Thanks as always!!

Fred
63BJ7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys