Subject: Re: [Healeys] BMC ADO16 Interest - Could BMC have saved Borgward?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:01:08 -0400 (EDT)

My father sold his 1954 Buick and bought a four door, light Green Borgward  
right around 1958. My sister and her husband were so impressed with the 
car,  they sold their MGA and bought one about a year later. I was pretty young 
at the  time, so I wasn't all that impressed at the time, but I do remember 
my dad  talking with one of his friends and telling him, "you may be faster 
off the  line, but this little car with catch up and keep up with you all 
day on the  freeway". 
    And on a trip to Texas from California as we were  going through a 
section of road in New Mexico with the road undulating  through the dessert, I 
remarked from the backseat, that this road would be  really fun going about 
seventy only to hear my dad tell me were already  doing eighty! That car was 
definitely a runner!
Steven Kingsbury
BN1

Listers,

My dad not only had a Borgward Isabella when I was  born, 1955 it was the
station wagon model.  BTW Isabel is my mothers  name.

Cheers,

Curt
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys