Subject: [Healeys] BN 3's

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:06:20 -0400

It was the mid to late eighties, but still fresh in my mind is the rush of
excitement when a teenage kid held up a brass " Donald Healey Motor Company BN
3 " plate at our annual flea market.  "Know anything about this ?  Its on our
farm".

The car was alone in the middle of a slightly hilly farm field, and being the
only sticky-up thing around, the cows were leaning against and scratching
themselves on it.
I desperately wanted to see some glimpse of magic in it, but there was
absolutely nothing to love.  Just a total, rusty, ill-proportioned, ugly
wreck.

In addition to Joe's description I remember the frame going over top of the
rear axle, a cylindrical fuel tank, and a sedan engine with what I believe was
a Riley or maybe Wolseley plate on the valve cover.

Rick Regan, who along with Rich and I had gone to look at it that day, bought
it, and sold it on to Julian Aubanel in the UK .

Best
Peter

Rich has been gone over a year already (July 5, 2012) ....
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys