Subject: Re: [Healeys] Where to put my mirrors

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 05:41:00 -0700

FWIW - I like the door position. Bought an extra Lucas convex mirror and
used it to replace the flat mirror on the driver's side - gives a good angle
view.

For BJ8s there are a number of hot rod billet-style mirrors that clamp (no
holes required) onto the window track at eye level. They use them on Model
As and Deuces.

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Greg Mandas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 10:03:15 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks All,

I'm becoming less and less interested in drilling holes in the metal work and
considering clip-ons. I would appreciate any suggestions on where to get
them.

The ones I saw from Moss clamp onto the glass in the wing vent.

That doesn't apeal to me.

Greg

--- On Mon, 7/1/13, Steve Gerow <[email-masked]> wrote:

> From: Steve Gerow <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Where to put my mirrors
> To: [email-masked]
> Date: Monday, July 1, 2013, 8:41 AM
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 16:37:17 -0400

XK's Unlimited (google) has two varieties of them.  They clamp on the chrome upright of the vent window--I've used the rectangular one for years--love it.  There is one problem though--you cannot roll your window all the way up.

tom

---- Greg Mandas <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============
Thanks All,

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 20:16:48 -0400

Well---I coundn't disagree more---the optics in mine are bright and clear and when the mirror is set parallel to the ground, I can actually see --not only what is happening on the left--it gives me a pretty clear view of the right---which worked out beautifully on the way to Conclave and back since I had a big suitcase on the back.  

Maybe you got a crap one, but mine is very clear and gives me great views.

I got mine from XK's Unlimited.

tom

---- Dave Murphy <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============
I've been reading the compliments that the clip-on mirrors have been
receiving.

So far noone has mentioned the horrible quality of the optics, - its the worst
mirror I've ever seen in my life - I can't recognize my own reflection in it!

And noone has told of the fact that the mirror must be rotated to the absolute
extreme end of its adjustment in order to be useful.

I received my clip-on mirror from Moss three weeks ago and mounted it on the
rear edge near the top of the vent window glass of my BJ8, using the metal
shim and one of the 2 strips of rubber provided. I found the mirror was
definitely beneficial, but...

I can live with the poor adjustment and the unaesthetic appearance doesn't
bother me, but I just couldn't stand seeing those horrible low quality optics
on my beautiful car, so I removed it. I'm thinking of going to a mirror &
glass shop to have a new piece of mirror fitted.

How do others feel about the optics of their clip on mirrors from Moss or from
other?

-Dave Murphy
Dearborn Michigan

> Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 16:37:17 -0400
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> XK's Unlimited (google) has two varieties of them. They clamp on the chrome
upright of the vent window--I've used the rectangular one for years--love it.
There is one problem though--you cannot roll your window all the way up.
> ---- Greg Mandas <[email-masked]> wrote:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 20:17:50 -0400

Well---I coundn't disagree more---the optics in mine are bright and clear and 
when the mirror is set parallel to the ground, I can actually see --not only 
what is happening on the left--it gives me a pretty clear view of the 
right---which worked out beautifully on the way to Conclave and back since I had 
a big suitcase on the back.  

 
tom 

=============

I

[email-masked]