Subject: [Healeys] Brake Fluid Reservoir Details (seriously concours)

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:52:53 -0400

As I plod my way through the assembly of #174 I occasionally run across
details where my observations made during disassembly are at odds with that
I read in the concours guidelines, not that I ever intend to enter this car
in a concours but i just want to try to preserve history.
The differences:
1. When I disassembled the car it was apparent that the brake fluid
reservoir had never been off (it even had some of the original decal on it)
BUT the nut on the clamp of the reservoir was hex nut not the square nut
found on later cars and as specified in the guidelines. The screw is the
original cheese head slot 2BA but there is no sign that the nut was ever a
square one.
2. The 1/4" pipe running from the reservoir to the master cylinder is
COPPER!! Again this line looks to be original, correct clips, ANF flare
nuts and accurately bent but copper? I note that this pipe changed at
serial # 156813. Were the early ones really copper and if so were they
painted black...anyone know?

-- 
Michael Salter
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys