Subject: [Healeys] Mirror Placement - BMC Requirement

From: Jack Feldman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 09:04:30 -0500

I bought my first sports car, a Bug Eye, from a Studebaker dealer. I bought
the extra mirrors as well as other items (my first car with seat belts),
I'm sure the Studebaker agency didn't have the slightest knowledge of  our
discussion, I can only think they followed BMC's guidance by putting the
convex mirrors over the front axles on the wings. It was a revelation for
me. I didn't have to take my eyes off the road, and I could get a great
view on both sides of the car.

As for adjusting the drivers mirror after someone bumped it, I got an
umbrella with a cane handle, and used that to nudge the mirror back into
place while sitting in the drivers seat. Unfortunately, my arms are not
long enough to do that on my big Healey.

BTW, a number of years ago when I got my BT7, it had flat mirrors so I
ordered two convex mirrors from Moss. They were not as convex at the
mirrors on my other cars, and I got jerked around by Moss when I
complained. I don't know what they are selling now. As an ex product
manager I know there is a drawing of how the mirror should be made, but
evidently Moss didn't care, and neither did their supplier.

Jack
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys