Subject: [Healeys] Silverstone Classic Photos - Healeys plus 50s and 60s sportcars

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 12:48:21 +0100

I was at the Silverstone Classic Racing yesterday and as usual saw a mouth
watering array of cars being raced hard. There were 3 100Ss including
EVV106 and OON 440.

Other gems included the 1955 LeMans winning D-Type driven by Hawthorn and
Bueb, several Ferrari SWB 250s, and Maserati 'Birdcages'.

I bought an old copy of Autosport dated May 1 1964. The Morley Brothers'
car, ARX 92B is featured on the cover after winning the GT class in the
Tulip rally.

The classified ad section included the following:

'DONALD HEALEY MOTOR COMPANY

offer

Clive Barker's Sebring '3000' in full racing trim. Specification includes
all aluminium body, 200bhp engine, discs all round, hard top, limited slip
axle etc.  etc. This car must be the fastest '3000' in existence and is
available for inspection at Warwick.

Price #1,195

Tel Warwick 41235'

Those were the days!!! I believe that is one of the FAC cars but Im not
sure which one.

Photos of the event can be seen here:

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/derekcjob/library/Silverstone%20Classic%202
013?sort=3&page=1

cheers

Derek
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys