Subject: Re: [Healeys] 4K5917 what's so special?

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 09:56:50 -0400

They're compatible with the Lucas smoke used in relays?

I hope I haven't set the tone for further replies:)

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php

On 07/21/2013 08:54 AM, Michael Salter wrote:
> Here is one for the purists....
> The overdrive relays, there are 2, on a BN1 are secured to the heater duct by
> 4 self tapping screws part # 4K5917.
> According to the parts book that is the only place where screws with that part
> number are used on any model as far as I can tell.
> Does anyone know what is so special about these 4 screws, or for that matter
> know how they differ from others used generously throughout Healeys.
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:27:35 +0800

On my A90 they have some oddball self tappers on the glove box lids, I
think they used 4K numbers on specialist screws... but can't find any more
data.

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM, Michael Salter <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 20:53:45 -0700

Michael,

I have plenty of originals of these and as soon as I have a spare moment I
will send you detailed photos and measurements.  The ones you sent a
picture of are close, but my originals are NOT bright zinc plated.

As to why they are special, the only reason they should be listed as a part
number where if they where a "Whitworth" thread form, which they are
obviously not since they are sheet metal screws.  Very curious?

Cheers,

Curt

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Michael Salter <[email-masked]>wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 12:06:16 +0800

Curt -

I think what might be special is the length of the screws, to prevent
fouling with the heat shield?  They may be a very specific length, one offs
for this specific application.

Best,

Alan

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Michael Salter <[email-masked]
> >wrote:
>
> > The overdrive relays, there are 2, on a BN1 are secured to the heater
> duct
> > by

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 21:08:59 -0700

Alan,

Thanks for your insights, and I will check to see if these are the same
length as the wiring harness clip screws which are similar if not the same
sheet metal screws.

Curt

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> > According to the parts book that is the only place where screws with
>> that
>> > part

[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:51:55 -0400

Curt, your mention of the wiring harness clip screws got me to thinking...I
don't ever recall seeing those screws mentioned in the 100 parts book.
The MkIII parts book lists PTZ1004 (as required) for the harness clips
which is a sharp pointed Pozidrive screw unlike the flat ended screw used
on the 100 harness clips.
I'm wondering if the 4K5917 is in fact the 100 harness screw and that that
item (the harness clip screw) was simply missed from the 100 parts book.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM, Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>wrote:
>
>> Curt -
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>wrote:
>>
>>> Michael,
>>>

-- 
Michael Salter

[email-masked]