Subject: [Healeys] Headlight buckets - questions

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 19:54:36 -0700

If there is a source for the original style captive nut holders for 
the adjusting screws would someone tell me?

The pigtail for the headlight seems very long. What are people doing 
with the excess; cutting it off, wrapping it and securing it?

Thank you,

John Spaur
San Jose, CA

1962 BT7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 09:57:21 +0200

These headlight buckets were used by nearly all UK cars up to the 
1980's, Mini, Morris, Austin, Wolseley, Riley, Rover, Landrover, 
Triumph, Jensen, Jaguar, Aston Martin etc. They are still available new 
as a complete assembly from various sources like British car 
specialists, jumble sales, classic car shows etc. for very little money. 
Also in non corrosive plastic. I do not think separate parts are 
available. It would not be worth your while. If you have to change parts 
because they are worn/rusted, the buckets themselves would most likely 
have rusted out.
If the wiring is old it might be an idea to pull the wiring further into 
the bucket, cut off the excess and fit a new socket for the head light 
bulbs. It may increase the light output considerably because of less 
resistance in the new socket.
Kees Oudesluijs

[email-masked]