Subject: [Healeys] Speaking of cable channels ...

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:56:53 -0700

... just (half) caught a show on Velocity called 'Retro Car Kings,' mostly about Japanese old car restorers.  No 
Healeys, but a Lagonda, an Amilcar (?) and lots of 240Zs.  Suffice it to say originality is paramount, and the 
craftsmanship is superb.

One great quote (translated), from a restorer attempting to start the old Amilcar:  'You have to see what mood the car 
is in.'  I think we all can relate.

Check it out if you get a chance.

Bob

-- 
*******************************************************************
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            [email-masked]

*******************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 8:21:01 -0400

On that same channel was a program called "How it is made"  Did coverage of the Morgan's, Lamborgini (sp), and the new Jag F-Type.  Fascinating how these care are hand built and the materials used---the glue and certain types of rivets.  Jag has designed a special rivet that, once seated, is flush with the skin.  The Jag actually has a muffler system that you can tweek the sound to get the "growl" sound they want.

---- Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============

Bob

[email-masked]

[email-masked]