Subject: [Healeys] Erratic Tachometer

From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:37:10 -0700

Not sure this was received by all on The List as it went out as Rich Text 
(HTML) although I did receive one response to check the coil and condenser 
(I have Pertronix).  I'm trying Plain Text this time

My BJ8 tach has become erratic (not erotic although the needle is doing a 
great shimmy and shake).  In 2004, it was steady but incorrect.  I replaced 
the C2 capacitor per article by Frank Filangeri (can be found on John Sim's 
web site) and that solved the inaccuracy problem. Now it fluctuates 
constantly by 100 or 200 rpm.  There are two other articles on John's site 
one of which (author unknown) recommends replacing virtually every 
electronic bit and piece in the tach.

I can not find anything in the archives specific to my current problem so 
therefore my question is:  will replacing only the C2 capacitor solve my 
erratic needle problem?  Is there something else I should check first?  I do 
not relish the idea of replacing eleven items one by one and having to 
reassemble and test each time.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys