Subject: [Healeys] Bernard Viart XK120

From: "Alan Bromfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 16:55:23 +0100

Oh wow!!
I hadn't heard of this book and googled it. Check this out!
http://tinyurl.com/lvrdedh
Oh double wow!!
If only there were books like this for the 100's, Roadsters and Convertible.

What would happen if we all wished it together?
  _________________________________________
(______________ Alan Bromfield_______________)
        (_______\____1957-BN4____/________)
                (__tinyurl.com/healeyforum _)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Curtis Arndt
Sent: 11 August 2013 00:38
To: Richard Korn
Cc: Healey
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rear Tail light lens

Richard,

Now that would be a great project. In fact I've actually talked to Roger
about this very thing, after I first saw the Bernard Viart XK120 book at a
friends Jaguar restoration shop some years ago.  Very impressive books which
caught my eye and attention right away.

Ideally there should be one book for the 100s, one book for the six cylinder
roadsters, and one for the convertibles.

Cheers,

Curt
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Tadeusz Malkiewicz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 21:01:39 +0200

Well,

Actually it's more complex than you think.. 

Bernard Viart did 2 such books.

The first one was on xk140. It was VERY good. It was edited by one of the
most scrupulous folks I know in the Jaguar world from Australia, the sort of
a fellow who can easily write several long pages on a particular bolt finish
and for whom not just the bolt is important but also the roundness of the
edge of the washer.

I adore him, but I would never meet his standard n my restorations..

Hence, the xk140 book is VERY good, because it's THOROUGHLY checked.

However, the xk120 book is not co-authored by this Australian fellow, it is
unfortunate.

I have both books and it is the xk140 book that I use very often during my
xk120 restoration.

So, to cut the story short, it's VERY difficult to get such a book right.
Though, I am pretty sure, that the joint force of such folks who edit the
concourse guidelines would produce a splendid book on the Healeys..

Tadek

[email-masked]