Subject: [Healeys] Erratic Tachometer

From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:51:58 -0700

My BJ8 tach has become erratic (not erotic although the needle is doing a
great shimmy and shake).  In 2004, it was steady but incorrect.  I replaced
the C2 capacitor per article by Frank Filangeri (can be found on John Sim's
web site) and that solved the inaccuracy problem. Now it fluctuates constantly
by a 100 or 200 rpm.  There are two other articles on John's site one of which
(author unknown) recommends replacing virtually every electronic bit and piece
in the tach.

I can not find anything in the archives specific to my current problem so
therefore my question is:  will replacing only the C2 capacitor solve my
erratic needle problem?  Is there something else I should check first?  I do
not relish the idea of replacing eleven items one by one and having to
reassemble and test each time.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 08:01:46 +0800

It could also indicate a faulty coil or condensor... check that first.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Len and/or Marge Hartnett <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]