Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Carburetor Springs

From: "Mike Garvey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 17:49:30 -0400

Can someone tell me how many external springs there are on the BJ8 HD8
carburetors that serve to return the various levers?  My BJ8 has two
throttle return springs (on the top) and only one (on the front carb) on
what I'll believe is the "jet lever" (underneath the carburetor).   Where
can these springs be purchased? (British Car Specialists has the throttle
spring).

I cannot find anything definitive in the team.net archives, the
healeyclub.org archives, at Moss or in the BMC Shop Manual.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Michael Garvey

1967 BJ8/38046

Swampscott, MA
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: David Nock British Car Specialists <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 15:51:12 -0700

There is a throttle return spring that attaches to the intake
manifold on each carburetor. Originally there wasnt a return spring
for the chokes. But they usually stick on the fast idle just a little
bit. So sometimes people add a spring from the choke arm and hook it
on the inner fender well. The problem with that is it is usually to
strong of a spring and will make the choke very hard to pull. We have
a light spring that goes over the choke cable between the arm and the
bracket. Just enough tension to push off the fast idle cam.

David Nock
British Car Specialists
Stockton Ca 95205
209-948-8767

www.britishcarspecialists.com

o?<

Please feel free to view an interview with the Nock's in 2009
	Enjoy
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTTRYkbQzs
.
.

On Aug 9, 2013, at 2:49 PM, Mike Garvey wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/
> [email-masked]

[email-masked]