Subject: Re: [Healeys] Speaking of cable channels ...

From: "David Porter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:29:05 -0600

So.... I was getting Speed.. I followed the on screen directions to get the
new Fox version but it doesn't let me watch with out upgrade... any one else
run into this?
dave

[email-masked]

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107
505-352-1378
Porter Custom Bicycles

1970 MG Midget

gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/porterscustombicycles/PorterCustomBicyclesStuff

GO HERE: http://porterbikes.com/  nice pictures-fun facts-my world

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Bob Spidell
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:57 PM
To: healeylist
Subject: [Healeys] Speaking of cable channels ...

... just (half) caught a show on Velocity called 'Retro Car Kings,' mostly
about Japanese old car restorers.  No 
Healeys, but a Lagonda, an Amilcar (?) and lots of 240Zs.  Suffice it to say
originality is paramount, and the 
craftsmanship is superb.

One great quote (translated), from a restorer attempting to start the old
Amilcar:  'You have to see what mood the car 
is in.'  I think we all can relate.

Check it out if you get a chance.

Bob

-- 
*******************************************************************
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            [email-masked]

*******************************************************************
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 08:58:37 -0400

I almost did not watch them as the same series is on another channel but not
car related. Apparently they have split the series into two -- nonsense
items such as how ice cream, etc. is made and real items such as how various
marques are made.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Tom Felts
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 8:21 AM
To: Bob Spidell; healeylist
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Speaking of cable channels ...

On that same channel was a program called "How it is made"  Did coverage of
the Morgan's, Lamborgini (sp), and the new Jag F-Type.  Fascinating how
these care are hand built and the materials used---the glue and certain
types of rivets.  Jag has designed a special rivet that, once seated, is
flush with the skin.  The Jag actually has a muffler system that you can
tweek the sound to get the "growl" sound they want.

---- Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============
... just (half) caught a show on Velocity called 'Retro Car Kings,' mostly
about Japanese old car restorers.  No Healeys, but a Lagonda, an Amilcar (?)
and lots of 240Zs.  Suffice it to say originality is paramount, and the
craftsmanship is superb.

One great quote (translated), from a restorer attempting to start the old
Amilcar:  'You have to see what mood the car is in.'  I think we all can
relate.

Bob

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]