Subject: [Healeys] Nell Holdstock Donaldson

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 16:13:40 +1000

Hello

I am somewhat saddened to pass on the news of the death of Nell (Holdstock)
Donaldson in New Zealand.

Nell was a long term Austin-Healey owner having bought her BT7 Mk2 new in
the US. I had the pleasure of meeting her back in 1975 and she went on to be
president of the fledgling Austin-Healey Owners Association of British
Columbia. I met her again in 1980 when she came to Australia. After here she
travelled to NZ where she met Mark Donaldson, the President of the New
Zealand Austin-Healey Club. (Mark is a long term contributor to this list)

Nell and Mark would eventually marry and there is a photo of them both with
Donald Healey on page 160 of Donald Healey - My World of Cars. Nell moved
from Canada and set up home in Auckland, NZ where she has lived since.

Last year it was discovered that Nell had advanced throat cancer.

Best wishes

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Chris Dimmock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 22:15:39 +1000

Hey Mark Donaldson.
I am so sad to hear of the loss of your wonderful wife Nell.
I don't know what else to say mate.
I only know that words don't fill that void. And no words I can think of will
help.
If you need too call me, I'm happy to talk. Talking is good.
Sincerely.
Stay in touch mate.
Chris and Dina.
0412 440011

Sent from my iPhone

[email-masked]