Subject: [Healeys] greenstuff brake pads

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 22:01:31 +0000 (UTC)

Hello everyone,

I am doing my brakes and just received the brake pads.......greenstuff from Moss...............they came with some type of tape that the instructions say to stick on the back of the pads  (anti-squeal)   seems to me the pads get very hot and the tape would fall off......should I use it?
Also the anti-squeal shims from Moss are not as big as the ones I removed which have cutouts and an arrow ...............MOSS PART DOES NOT JUST A FLAT PLAIN PIECE OF METAL...........................which should I use ???	    I have EBC and permatex caliper grease  which should I use................thanks Michell
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 06:04:53 +0800

Greenstuff is pretty good at not squeeling.  Honestly, I've used all the
different anti squeal shims, and the thin ones with the arrows work the
best.   As long as they aren't worn out, just reuse them.

On Friday, August 2, 2013, wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am doing my brakes and just received the brake pads.......greenstuff
> from Moss...............they came with some type of tape that the
> instructions say to stick on the back of the pads  (anti-squeal)   seems to
> me the pads get very hot and the tape would fall off......should I use it?
> Also the anti-squeal shims from Moss are not as big as the ones I removed
> which have cutouts and an arrow ...............MOSS

[email-masked]