Subject: [Healeys] On the road again!

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 22:03:45 -0700

I am declaring my 1962 MKII 3000 officially back on the road after a 
multi-year restoration. I have only driven it about 160 miles on 
short trips. There are a few things to finish up and it needs some 
fine tuning because it seems to lack the power I feel it should have. 
There is a little backfiring while accelerating and under load 
uphill. The front and rear carbs are a little rich and the middle 
carb seems fine as judged from looking at the plug colors. It is 
mostly stock except for a Denis Welch cam and a lightened flywheel. 
It also has a Lempert differential which kind of makes the OD useless.

Many thanks to all of the listers. The help was invaluable and 
provided the answers and guidance that was so often needed during the 
restoration process. I am not leaving the list because I am sure to 
have more questions, need help and of course, help others achieve 
there goal of keeping these wonderful cars running.

Sincerely,

John Spaur
San Jose, CA
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "J. Scott Morris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 08:20:08 -0700 (PDT)

Congratulations John.  A tip of the hat and glass to you for persevering with
your task.  Any restoration takes a combination of Money, Skills, Time, and
Passion and you made it.  Now enjoy the road and yoiu will find that overdrive
to be very handy on those long, high speed tours.

Well done John.

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada       - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives
PS: Now all I have to do is get at mine which is also a b62 MkII BT7.

--------------------------------------------
On Thu, 8/8/13, john spaur <[email-masked]> wrote:<<  I am declaring
my 1962 MKII 3000  officially back on the road after a multi-year
restoration.
 I have only driven it about 160 miles on short trips. There are a few things
to finish up and it needs some fine tuning because it seems to lack the power
I feel it should have.   There is a little backfiring while accelerating and
under  load uphill. The front and rear carbs are a little rich and the middle
carb seems fine as judged from looking at the plug colors. It is mostly stock
except for a Denis Welch cam and a lightened flywheel. It also has a Lempert
differential which kind of makes the OD useless.

Many thanks to all of the listers. The help was invaluable and provided the
answers and guidance that was so often  needed during the restoration process.
I am not leaving the  list because I am sure to have more questions, need help
and  of course, help others achieve there goal of keeping these  wonderful
cars running.  >>
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 16:35:00 -0400

John,
Well done!!!!  Glad you are joining the club.  I too am just getting mine
(Longbridge BN4 w/tri-carb '62 engine) back on the road after 2.5 years.
 See pics of build:
https://picasaweb.google.com/110087349657726745747/57AustinHealey#
It's so nice.....you will love driving it....especially after you get the
carbs tuned up.  I too have misfiring.  Driving to her first Healey meet
tomorrow hoping someone can help with the misfiring.
Enjoy,
Rich Berman
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]