Subject: [Healeys] Blowing oil

From: Bob Abbott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 07:09:07 -0400

Group,
I have a completely rebuilt motor (BJ7), including
rocker shaft and bushings. First trip I took after changing the break-in
oil, I found the rear  carb air filter filling with oil. To keep going I
routed the breather line from the valve cover into a collection container
and continued on. I recycled the oil and hoped things would get better.
They haven't.
Engine cold, I collect about 4 oz of oil in 20 miles. Hot, almost 20 oz. of
oil in 20 miles.
I can feel no pressure at the breather pipe   from the tappet cover and
compression is 180      down the line. I'm wondering if there is a problem
with the rocker arm and too much oil is splashing around under the valve
cover causing it to come out the breather
Any suggestions as to what may be going on would be appreciated
Bob
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys