Subject: [Healeys] Non-Healey Transportation Question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 21:20:09 -0400 (EDT)

A friend just purchased a '68 MGB/GT out of  Washougal, Washington. I 
believe it's about thirty miles north east of Portland,  Oregon. He now needs to 
get the car to Simi Valley, California and is looking  for a shipper. He's 
gone online and most shippers he's run in to want a $175  deposit and then 
they'll get him in touch with the actual movers and he pays  them when the car 
arrives. And prices are all over the board.
    Anyway, what I'm throwing out to the list is the  general question 
about anyone having experience with a shipper from that area  and/or if there 
are any recommendations.
    Thanks in advance for you input and any information  you can pass 
along. 
Steven Kingsbury
BN1
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 08:24:14 -0500

Steve:

Without a doubt use Passport.  Enclosed.  NEVER leaves their hands 
unlike what you are
talking about.  Those folks are "brokers" which would means, in this 
case, the cars may
change 'carriers' (the majority are 'open' trailer') a dozen times 
from WA to CA. <F>

I have heard to SERIOUS, SERIOUS problems when it comes to having to 
file a "Claim".

Another carrier I have heard LOTS of good things about and I have been 
in, around, etc.
one of their rigs (wish I had it, I'd be 'on the road faster than you 
can say Healey' <G>)
is Intercity.

Intercity & Passport will give you an approx. date/time for p/u and 
same info for Del.!
Both above bits of info ARE for a Schedule that is NOT "immediate 
door-to-door" in say
a 3 [three] day time frame which WILL cost considerately more 
$$$$$$$$$ ! !  If you
accept their Schedule it might be two [2] weeks [or so <G>] but your 
car will be in SAME
truck as it was loaded in.  With the 'Option of OUR Delivery Schedule' 
you will SAVE a
ton of $$$$$$$ <VBG> ! ! !

Passport or Intercity [OOOOPs, forgot one <G>] or Reliable IS how MY 
[or my Customers']
cars travel <G> !

NFI ! !

Ed
Please visit MY site at:                    www.justbrits.com

PS:  And with the three [3] ,mentioned above there wi;ll NOT be a "Oh, 
road hazard, I'll have
        to file a claim," broken windscreen or hole in the hood (top).
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]