Subject: [Healeys] water temp/oil gauge

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 17:05:20 -0700

OK, I figured out why my water temp sender was leaking. The nut has been
rounded off and I was never able to torque it enough to completely tighten
the nut. So I guess my only option is to cut the capillary tube and use my
special removal socket to get the damn thing out of the head.
Question one: what will be released when I cut the tube?
two, what is the best way to cut so it can be repaired?
three. anyone have a working/rebuilt unit I can buy or borrow until mine is
rebuilt. I'd love tro drive my car before the rainy season hits in earnest.

Thanks

Ira Erbs
IT Teacher
and Consultant

Portland, OR

*I spent a lot of money on booze, [women] and fast cars. The rest I just
squandered.*  English football star George Best,
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:16:25 -0400

Ira, don't cut the capillary...
If you got it in that far you should be able to get it out without cutting.
Take it out,cleanup the threads and try it again. It doesn't have to be that
tight and a little sealant around the bulb will probably do the trick.
Michael S

-----Original Message-----
From: "I Erbs" <[email-masked]>
Sent: b2013-b08-b31 8:06 PM
To: "Ahealey help" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] water temp/oil gauge

Thanks

Ira Erbs
IT Teacher
and Consultant

Portland, OR

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]