Subject: [Healeys] Braking revisited

From: Warren Dietz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 10:34:07 -0400 FILETIME=[AC23CB50:01CE95D6]

A few weeks back I questioned brakes\servo and reported all seemed to be
normal
after replacing a collapsed vacuum hose. Upon more regular driving there seems
to be a new
development. At idle with brakes applied there is a engine roughness that
immediately disappears upon  releasing the pedal.

 After inspecting the vacuum hose connections I noticed there is a plastic
connector for hose which is inserted in servo through a gasket which looks
somewhat deteriorated. This is a after market servo about 25-30yrs old. I
tried a sealer around the gasket. Didn't help.

 Is this a sign of a new servo in my future or just a replacement gasket or a
non return thingy?
 I have my original servo and was wondering if I do need a replacement if it
would be better to buy one of the aftermarkets now available or have the
original rebuilt(not by me)?

Thanks.....................
WD  67  BJ8
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Warren Dietz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 06:57:21 -0400

Keith,  Kees replied and I think he is correct. I have been able to replace
the gasket but have not been able to find a non return or "check valve"
locally. I did splice in the check valve from my old original servo and it did
not help. Just made the pedal heavier. It however could be faulty also.
Strange that the blue plastic one in question on the current booster, blue
plastic, is straight through with no apparent restriction. Makes me think if
there was a restrictor of sorts on the inserted end and it fell out inside the
can of the booster?Warren   67 BJ8

"It is probably the non-return valve in the servo (to which the vacuum
hose is attached) which is at fault. This can be fairly easily be replaced."
Kees Oudesluijs
NL
> Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 13:22:39 -0500
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Braking revisited
>
> Warren,
>
> Any replies on this?  I am at the same crossroads with my BJ8 and wondering
which way to go.
>
> Keith
>
>
> On 08/10/13, Warren Dietz wrote:
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]