Subject: [Healeys] color of convertible top frame

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:57:11 +0200

To be concours correct the genuine original colour for the hood frame
is BMC Cumulus Grey GR29. 

	Josef Eckert 

	Konigswinter/Germany  

	  Von: "BJ8 Healeys" <[email-masked]>
 An: <[email-masked]>
 Betreff: Re: [Healeys] color of convertible top frame
 Datum: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 18:10:45 +0200

 Rustoleum Smoke Gray #7751 is pretty close to the original color of
the top
 frame.

 Steve Byers
 HBJ8L/36666
 BJ8 Registry
 Havelock, NC  USA
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 07:12:01 +0200

George, 

	I can only assume, as I have never seen a German spec BJ8 in real.
They are rare as hen`s teeth. But I own a German spec 1965 Sprite MK3
with locking steering wheel. I have an original German owners manual
(Betriebsanleitung) for the Sprite and the centre dash hole has the
ignition switch fitted, but not wired. So I assume it was similar with
BJ8s. 

	Josef Eckert 

	Konigswinter/Germany  

	Von: George Thomas <[email-masked]> 

	An: [email-masked] 

	Datum: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 22:22:55 +0200 

	    Josef Can you tell me if any of the export BJ8's owner manuals
were in German? Also if the car has a locking steering wheel and
ignition  what was in the center dash hole where the ignition switch
would normally be on a BJ8?   George -----Original Message-----
 From: josef-eckert <[email-masked]>
 To: BJ8 Healeys <[email-masked]>; Forum Healeys
<[email-masked]>
 Sent: Tue, Sep 24, 2013 2:40 pm
 Subject: [Healeys] color of convertible top frame

	To be concours correct the genuine original colour for the hood frame
is BMC Cumulus Grey GR29. Josef Eckert Konigswinter/Germany Von: "BJ8
Healeys" <[email-masked]> An: <[email-masked]> Betreff: Re:
[Healeys] color of convertible top frame Datum: Tue, 24 Sep 2013
18:10:45 +0200 Rustoleum Smoke Gray #7751 is pretty close to the
original color of the top frame. Steve Byers HBJ8L/36666 BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC USA _______________________________________________
donation $12.75 Archive: http://www.team.net/archive Forums:
http://www.team.net/forums [email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 07:32:29 +0200

George, 

	I think in those days it was really necessary to have a manual in
German, at least a dealer`s translation of the original. I think it
was even law to have it when selling a car in Germany, perhaps still
is? In the 60s not many Germans could understand the English language
as it was not teached at school. Nowadays most people can speak it
fluently and you would not have any problems here speaking English on
your visit. 

	Josef  

	Datum: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 07:17:26 +0200 

	    Thanks for the info. Interesting you have an original German
owners manual (Betriebsanleitung) for the Sprite. This leads me to
believe there must have been on for the BJ8.   George   -----Original
Message-----
 From: josef-eckert <[email-masked]>
 To: George Thomas <[email-masked]>; Forum Healeys
<[email-masked]>
 Sent: Wed, Sep 25, 2013 1:12 am
 Subject: Re: [Healeys] color of convertible top frame

    George, I can only assume, as I have never seen a German spec BJ8
in real. They are rare as hen`s teeth. But I own a German spec 1965
Sprite MK3 with locking steering wheel. I have an original German
owners manual (Betriebsanleitung) for the Sprite and the centre dash
hole has the ignition switch fitted, but not wired. So I assume it was
similar with BJ8s.   Josef Eckert Konigswinter/Germany    Von: George
Thomas <[email-masked] [1]> An: [email-masked] [2]
Betreff: Re: [Healeys] color of convertible top frame Datum: Tue, 24
Sep 2013 22:22:55 +0200       Josef Can you tell me if any of the
export BJ8's owner manuals were in German? Also if the car has a
locking steering wheel and ignition  what was in the center dash hole
where the ignition switch would normally be on a BJ8?   George
-----Original Message-----
 From: josef-eckert <[email-masked] [3]>
 To: BJ8 Healeys <[email-masked] [4]>; Forum Healeys
<[email-masked] [5]>
 Sent: Tue, Sep 24, 2013 2:40 pm
 Subject: [Healeys] color of convertible top frame

Links:
------
[1] mailto:[email-masked]
[2] mailto:[email-masked]
[3] mailto:[email-masked]
[4] mailto:[email-masked]
[5] mailto:[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]