Subject: [Healeys] Gasoline fumes in the boot of a 100

From: "Charles Rice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 01:50:20 -0500

Trying to fix the strong gasoline fumes in the trunk (boot) of my BN2.

I have installed an external vent on the filler neck, and plugged the vent

hole in the filler cap.  I'm sure the output fitting is tight and not
leaking. 

A new steel tank was installed several years ago. The sending unit is
original, 

but does not appear to be warped or cracked anywhere and works OK.

     I found fuel leaking around the sending unit, particularly when the
tank

is full.  I cleaned the contact surfaces of the unit and the tank, replaced
the cork 

gasket with a new premium ("Viton") gasket (from Moss), and used the correct

screws and copper washers.  But the leak is still there.  I suppose next I
should try 

some kind of sealant, what kind should I look for that would be fuelproof? 

     Thanks - Charles Rice  BN2
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys