Subject: Re: [Healeys] Watkins Glen BN1

From: Charlie Baldwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 21:42:53 -0400

Sarah,

I have done the Glenora Run several times in my TD and some of those 
people with faster cars are total idiots.  One year a Corvette zoomed 
past at way over the speed limit spraying stones and dust in it's path.  
It's no wonder there are accidents.
Can you tell us what happened to your friend's TR3?

Charlie

On 9/9/2013 6:15 PM, Carr&Edwards wrote:
> We were at Watkins Glen for the Grand Prix Festival on Friday, and saw
> something very sad in Lafayette Park (amid a mob of Minis):  a blue BN1 with
> the right front badly smashed in.  Anyone on the list??  If so, do you feel
> like telling us what happened??  (Not another rally crash, I hope--a friend
> had his TR3 totalled last year on one of the Friday rallies....)
>
> Sarah Carr
> BN1 in PA
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Carr&Edwards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 07:50:54 -0400

Ken realized he'd missed a turn, slowed, and began to turn left into a
driveway to turn around--and an idiot in a Honda S2000 came flying up from
behind, passing several cars behind Ken, and hit his TR3B just in front of 
the driver's
door.  Just about tore the left front quarter off the car.  A second or so
later and I think Ken would have died.  As it was, he & Debbie (she had to
be cut out of the car) were airlifted to a hospital in Corning, but
fortunately neither was seriously hurt.  The saddest thing is that Ken had
owned his car for over 40 years.

The Honda driver immediately admitted it was entirely his fault (he was
probably afraid of being lynched by the other drivers....) -- insurance paid
up, and Ken has since bought another TR3B, which he and Debbie drove on the
rally this year--good for them!
Sarah

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Charlie Baldwin" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Watkins Glen BN1

> people with faster cars are total idiots.  One year a Corvette zoomed past
> at way over the speed limit spraying stones and dust in it's path.  It's
> no wonder there are accidents.

[email-masked]