Subject: Re: [Healeys] Very nice iPad App

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 07:59:27 -0400

Not free. Now it is $2.99

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 5:34 AM
To: Healey List
Subject: [Healeys] Very nice iPad App

Listers,

For those who have an iPad, there's a very nice gearhead app about many
cars, mostly classics, british or not.
Jaguar is there, Healey too.
Lots of pics, plans, even sounds and videos with a brief but interesting
story.
Really worth a download.
No financial interest, it's free a app so far.

It's called Road inc.

B
'54 Jaguar XK120 - 681467
'62 Jaguar E-Type - 885504
'59 Austin-Healey - HBT7L244
'66 Porsche 911 - 307621
...
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 21:07:49 -0400

OK I laid out the $2.99 and it is certainly worth it. When you initially
scroll to find the Austin Healey it takes a while to download but once
there, WOW. Videos, technical information, photos galore. One criticism,
there is a very faint 'bubble" next to each paragraph of the narrative. By
accident I found that if you click on that bubble, you get a bunch of photos
descriptive of the narrative. Also, the menu at the top is very faint (73
year old eyes) but once you click on those, you get a wealth of information.
One even has the sound of a Healey start up and go through the gear changes
as it revs up and down. Killed 30 minutes waiting for the weather to clear
in Denver for the opening NFL game. BTW, by click I mean "tap" on your IPad
screen. Old terms are difficult to change. Now if the weather in Denver
continues, I will get away from Candy Crush and look at the stuff on the
other cars on this app -- hundreds of them.

Spring for the bucks -- it is worth it.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----

Listers,

It's called Road inc.

B

[email-masked]