Subject: [Healeys] Hard Top interior lining and padding.

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 10:53:47 +0100

I had an interesting moment at Shelsley Walsh last weekend when, on
entering the esses the front padded 'bolster' fell down on the drivers side
hitting the wheel and ending up in my lap. The left side stayed in place so
I had the thing diagonally across the windsrcreen for the remainder of the
run.

I removed it entirely for the last run. Just been examining its
construction and fitting and have no idea if what I have is how it should
be. The bolster is basically a piece of curved wood which is padded and
covered in what looks  like original style material. The wood itself
appears to be three  sheets of thin ply which are now separating in places.
There are three, flat, pointed, metal pieces attached to the front and one
at each end. These simply jam into the gaps between the aluminium moulding
and the fibreglass. There is an arrow pencil marked on the wood indicating
which is the front of the wooden piece. Sort of thing that would be
pencilled marked during construction but the whole thing looks a bit home
made.

Does any one have an original that they could describe?

Derek
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys