Subject: [Healeys] Watkins Glen BN1

From: "Carr&Edwards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 18:15:16 -0400

We were at Watkins Glen for the Grand Prix Festival on Friday, and saw
something very sad in Lafayette Park (amid a mob of Minis):  a blue BN1 with
the right front badly smashed in.  Anyone on the list??  If so, do you feel
like telling us what happened??  (Not another rally crash, I hope--a friend
had his TR3 totalled last year on one of the Friday rallies....)

Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 8:30:07 -0400

Sad----if this is the old race route leading into and through town, then I somehow entered that route from another direction while trying to get into town, not knowing it was on marque driving day.  Suddenly a line of older Cobra's (I believe) came roaring thru and passing me--all the while giving me a not very pleasant look for being on "their" route.  Could have resulted in something similiar.

Tom

---- Carr&Edwards <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============
Ken realized he'd missed a turn, slowed, and began to turn left into a
driveway to turn around--and an idiot in a Honda S2000 came flying up from
behind, passing several cars behind Ken, and hit his TR3B just in front of 
the driver's
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Carr&Edwards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 11:22:15 -0400

The rally covers a lot of the countryside -- this was not during the "old 
course" re-enactment run (which is great fun -- if you've never been to the 
Grand Prix Festival on the Friday before the races [always the weekend after 
Labor Day], it's a blast.  Many of the rally participants park on the main 
street, and then many of the weekend's race cars (from pre-war Alfas to 
Porsche 917s) line up further down the street and then take several laps of 
the old course.  It gets a bit loud on Franklin St. when they all go by!!)

Sarah

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tom Felts" <[email-masked]>
To: "Carr&Edwards" <[email-masked]>; "Healey list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Watkins Glen BN1

> Sad----if this is the old race route leading into and through town, then I 
> somehow entered that route from another direction while trying to get into 
> town, not knowing it was on marque driving day.  Suddenly a line of older 
> Cobra's (I believe) came roaring thru and passing me--all the while giving 
> me a not very pleasant look for being on "their" route.  Could have 
> resulted in something similiar.
>
> Tom

[email-masked]