Subject: [Healeys] What Color Red Was My BT7 - Conclusion

From: Mike Tobin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 10:33:06 -0400

It wasn't red after all.  And all these years I'd thought the beast was
white with red coves from thefactory.  The first owner must have made it
two tone when he needed the body work done.
Since the red and white wasn't original anyway, l decided to go back to
the dark metallic grey over black.  Went off on an errand run which would
include the paint store to pick the color.  I started looking at dark
metallic grey cars to help the paint guy with finding the color.  A Mazda 3
was about perfect.  Then I started to notice that ,it seemed, like half the
cars on the road were dark metallic gray.  Last thing I want is for the
thing to blend in with the Lexi Kias and other dross.
My errands took me to Lowes and when when passing through the appliance
dept and I saw sets of washers and dyers painted ....dark metallic grey
that was that. I skipped the paint store (stopped at machine shop to check
on the lump).
Still want black with something dark metallic - BRG, burgundy, coffee -
couldn't decide.  I've got to get the chassis shot soon as we're running
out warm weather so I've decided not to decide on the second color Primary
color will be black - the decision on the second can wait 'til chassis is
built up.

Charlie Baldwin,
Thanks for pointing me at Roger Los' site.  I'd forgotten about it.  It is
still one of the best looking sites on the web.  Viewing the different
combinations on his site I'm leaning toward black over white.
Charlie Braum,
Thanks for the shot of your grey-over-black car.  It looks just like mine
(from a couple hundred feet) before I had it dipped.  Even the roll bar.
Back when I was young, stupid and poor I patched the rotted sills and lower
front wings with bondo and glass.  I'd just read in car and driver an
article about painting you car with spray cans so thought 'what the hell'.
A couple cans of black a dozen grey and from 10 feet it looked great.  The
grey went flat in year, but the paint held on for more than
Cheers and thanks,
mike t
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 11:53:53 -0500 (CDT)

Charlie
 
Just my opinion but stay with orig colors.  Modern day browns, grays, metallic this and that just do not suit the sophistication and lines of these cars.
 
Keith

On 09/01/13, Mike Tobin wrote:

Charlie Baldwin,

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 14:11:44 -0500

<< On 9/1/2013 11:53 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

Charlie

Just my opinion but stay with orig colors. Modern day browns, grays, 
metallic this
and that just do not suit the sophistication and lines of these cars. 
Keith  >>

Agreed 10000000%, Keith & Charlie ! ! !

Or at LEAST, use a colour from the eras of LBCs ! !   I know a 100-6 
that IS done
in MG Demask Red.  One of the more BEAUTIFUL, STUNNING A-H's I have EVER
seen ! ! !  At nite, looks like a HUGE Bing Cherry [and I MEAN HUGE - 
LOL] ! ! !

Pre-Guide-Lines judging Standards, the car was judged and IIRC lost a 
point for
colour and a point for chrome wires ! ! !  Or may be partially seen on 
my site in the
S.C.s % S.P.--->Big Healeys --->"Feldman's Fleet" [lower left, IIRC].
G*d, I "LOVE" that car ! ! !  LOL

Ed
Please visit MY site at                     www.justbrits.com
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 14:38:45 -0500

Paint whatever color that suits you.  It's your car and your money.  Make it personal to your tastes.

----- Reply message -----
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] What Color Red Was My BT7 - Conclusion
Date: Sun, Sep 1, 2013 11:53 AM

Charlie

Keith

Charlie Baldwin,

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

[email-masked]