Subject: Re: [Healeys] Eagle Low Drag EType GT.

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:10:23 +0100

Looks a lot, lot better than the original. I have always hated the 
ridiculously narrow track and upright windscreen on the original 
E-types. It totally destroyed the car, even when it was introduced.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Simon Lachlan schreef op 7-11-2013 14:51:
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motoringvideo/10424729/Eagle-Low-Drag-GT
> -review.html
>
>   
>
> Out of my price range!
>
> Simon
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2014.0.4158 / Virusdatabase: 3629/6814 - datum van uitgifte: 11/06/13
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 16:57:51 +0000

It did? I think you are alone in your view of the E-type. Remember it was
designed nearly 50 years ago and eclipsed everything else around at the time.

Derek

> Looks a lot, lot better than the original. I have always hated the
ridiculously narrow track and upright windscreen on the original E-types. It
totally destroyed the car, even when it was introduced.
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:32:23 +0100

I am afraid I am not the only one. Funnily enough they had made the same 
mistake a few years earlier with the Jaguar MkI which was hastily 
superseded by the MkII. Although in a different league the Italians did 
a lot better. The best thing about the E-type was its rear suspension 
and its then already old but rather advanced and beautiful engine. The 
styling was an acquired taste that the yanks loved.
Kees Oudesluijs

Derek Job schreef op 7-11-2013 17:57:
> It did? I think you are alone in your view of the E-type. Remember it was designed nearly 50 years ago and eclipsed everything else around at the time.
>
> Derek
>> Looks a lot, lot better than the original. I have always hated the ridiculously narrow track and upright windscreen on the original E-types. It totally destroyed the car, even when it was introduced.
>> Kees Oudesluijs
>> NL
>>
>>
>>

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:37:59 +0100

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Ewald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 12:05:21 -0800

There was a reason it has been called "greatest *crumpet catcher* ever
known to man" and I don't think it was because the styling was an acquired
taste.
:-)
Rick

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]> wrote:

> superseded by the MkII. Although in a different league the Italians did a
> lot better. The best thing about the E-type was its rear suspension and its
> then already old but rather advanced and beautiful engine. The styling was
> an acquired taste that the yanks loved.
> Kees OudesluijI have always hated the ridiculously narrow track and
> upright windscreen on the original E-types. It totally destroyed the car,
> even when it was introduced.
> Kees Oudesluijs
> NL

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 08:28:14 +0000

Sorry but, 'The styling of an E-Type is an acquired taste'  is probably the
most inaccurate comment  yet posted on this forum.

The 'Yanks' certainly did love it, as did everyone else including Enzo
Ferrari, who thought it the most beautiful car he had ever seen.

Derek

> I am afraid I am not the only one. Funnily enough they had made the same
mistake a few years earlier with the Jaguar MkI which was hastily superseded
by the MkII. Although in a different league the Italians did a lot better. The
best thing about the E-type was its rear suspension and its then already old
but rather advanced and beautiful engine. The styling was an acquired taste
that the yanks loved.

[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 17:12:17 +0800

my only complaint with the e-Type is I'm a taller fella (6'1")  and I feel
odd sitting even taller in the E-type than my BN1.  I think the e-Type
works best if you're 5'11" or shorter, but it does seem a bit open
otherwise... plus getting my feet over the rocker is only slightly better
than trying to jam myself into a Lotus or Tesla.  I do love the cars, but
honestly I still think the Healey handles and brakes better. e-Type loves
the freeway more.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Derek Job <[email-masked]> wrote:

> superseded
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]