Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 with BJ7 id was for sale at Gullwing motors

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 09:55:26 -0800

As I have stated before,
 35-40 years ago when these were just cool old cars many shops made best
guesses and screwed a VIN plate to the firewall from a VIN that had
paperwork. No intent to defraud, just expediency in getting a car
registered and back on the road. We rebuilt many cars from donors. Fast
forward and we now know so much more about the cars, have BMHT and
registries. The values of these cars make all this an imperative to get
right. Fixing the VIN on  a BJ8 is easier to do, with stamed # and BMHT
certificates. My car has a VIN from a 59 BN4, It is in fact a 60 BT7.
One ofthese days I'll play the paperwork shuffle and get it registered
correctly.
I have owned the car for nearly 40 years.
Cheers
Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
   _______                                  _______
     (______ \____1960 BT7____/ _______)
         (_________________________)
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys