Subject: Re: [Healeys] Distributor and Tach Drive Housing

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 21:32:37 -0800

I'm in the middle of my build too.

Almost all of the gaskets needed are included in the set called a "Conversion
Gasket Set". It's not listed, but it's there. I don't think any of the smaller
gaskets in the set are available separately--IIRC, only the sump and cam cover
gaskets are.

While the drawings made for the car are fun to look at, the style decisions
like having the engine drawings done with the engine facing right to left
should not have overridden the better choice to show the engine from the angle
that would show the most details (cam covers, distributor drive, oil filter,
etc) are all viewable on the opposite side of the block. That could have made
it practical to show that gasket on the block drawing instead of the internals
drawing that skips it as well. As a technical illustrator, that has always
bugged me.

Rick

On Nov 20, 2013, at 9:03 PM, Elton Schulz wrote:

> Fellow Listers,
> It would seem to me that there should be a gasket where the distributor/tach
housing mates to the block to prevent oil from leaking out. But I don't see a
gasket shown in either the Service Parts book or in the Moss catalog. What am
I missing?
> Thanks in advance,
> Elton
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: David Nock British Car Specialists <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 06:32:33 -0800

There is no gasket between the distributor tower and the block. Put a little
Permatex gasket sealer on the surface if you want.

David Nock
British Car Specialists
Stockton Ca 95205
209-948-8767

www.britishcarspecialists.com

Please feel free to view an interview with the Nock's in 2009
	Enjoy
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOTTRYkbQzs
.
.

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 20, 2013, at 9:32 PM, Wilko2 <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]