Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ad on Craigslist

From: "Michael Brouillette" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 18:45:57 -0500

The Jamaican was a popular swap back in the 70s.  They come up for sale
every so often.  They used all type of British cars as donors...

https://www.google.com/search?q=fiberfab+jamaican+sports+car+body&tbm=isch&t
bo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DDF4Us_uN6vIsATK7YDQDw&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=1723&bih=84
5 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of William Atterbury
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 6:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Ad on Craigslist

One of the strangest things on a Healey chassis I've ever seen.  The only
thing I recognize is the radiator.
 
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4165713906.html
 
Bill
1962 BT7 Tricarb
_______________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 07:51:15 +0800

To be honest, for a kit, the Jamaican in my opinion is one of the prettiest
cars out there (especially if detailed with headlight covers).  I note this
one has a Chevy 350 in it, but there's a couple of them out there that kept
the Healey drivetrain, and I still think that works best with the look of
this car.

The dark metallic brown Jamaican out there is still one of the nicest:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55704804@N08/6915265657/
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/9769/p1180309.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/margaretbade/image/101883811

If I had the craigslist car I'd put a six back in it, and I really like the
round lights on the brown jamaican.  The shelby wires with the tri-ear
knock offs are a nice touch.  Cool!

Alan

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM, William Atterbury <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 16:16:57 -0800

Jamaicans were very popular. I'd love to own one. Imho, looks very cool.

Ira Erbs
IT Educator and Consultant
Portland, OR.

Sent from my mobile phone. What you get may not be what I typed.
On Nov 4, 2013 3:15 PM, "William Atterbury" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 19:21:45 -0500 (EST)

On the subject of Jamaican bodies...if anyone is interested looks like I will
have a body (no engine or trans) for sale in the very near future.  Email me
off list for details. Car in Pennsylvania
Aloha
Perry

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Brouillette <[email-masked]>

The Jamaican was a popular swap back in the 70s.  They come up for sale
very so often.  They used all type of British cars as donors...
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 17:51:19 -0800

Alan,

I have to agree with you that this particular "Jamaican" Kit is one of the
prettiest that I've seen too.  It was for sale at Russo-Steele Auction in
Scottsdale several year ago, and I saw it again at Rendezvous in Jackson,
CA a year or two later.  Still with its original Healey drive-train, a nice
looking car indeed.

>From Wikipedia...

*Fiberfab* was a kit car
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_car>manufacturer founded by Warren
"Bud" Goodwin<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Warren_%22Bud%22_Goodwin&action=edit&redlink=1>in
1964. Goodwin's earlier company, Sports
Car Engineering had manufactured
Microplas<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microplas>Mistral bodies under
license and sold them as the
Spyder.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiberfab#cite_note-1>
Fiberfab started building street rod parts and body panels for Mustangs
before moving on to kit cars. It was sold in 1983 to Classic Motor
Carriages.

The Jamaican was fitted to a TR3 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_TR3>,
TR4 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_TR4>,
MGA<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_MGA>,
Austin-Healey <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin-Healey> or a Volkswagen
Beetle <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle>. Later Fiberfab
built their own 'Jamaican' chassis for use with a
V8<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V8_engine>power-plant.
Cheers,

Curt

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM, William Atterbury <[email-masked]
> >wrote:
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 08:28:12 +0000

$3,300!!!!!!!

That car is an absolute steal at that price. There is one for sale in the UK
at present with a Chatham Healey engine in it and the asking price is around
#65,000.

Derek

> http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4165713906.html
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]