Subject: Re: [Healeys] Where is paint line on two tone cars?

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:39:36 -0800

A lot of people have different ideas about this and I don't what the factory
(or dealers) did--or if they were consistent.

What I do know is a painter, that where the line goes depends on which area
has the lighter color. What you want to do is put the line so that a lighter
color does not bend around the curve.

While not factory, I think the PO of my car did a great job with added
pinstripes:

htp://ewilkins.com/wilko/healeys/healey_two_tone.jpg

On Nov 26, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Charles Johnson wrote:

>
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:32:10 -0800

Sorry.

Fixed link: http://ewilkins.com/wilko/healeys/healey_two_tone.jpg

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 20:09:58 -0500

Safe and correct answer for this discussion, "On the right and left sides of the 
vehicle.".

Bob 55 BN1   No line issue

[email-masked]

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 17:24:44 -0800

While not on a car, here's an example of two colors of paint and where they
meet and what light does to that joint. The left is preferred. On the right
side you can see where the lighter color allowed to make the curve highlights
that edge.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 17:30:51 -0800

On Nov 26, 2013, at 5:24 PM, Wilko2 wrote:

ewilkins.com/wilko/healeys/paint_edge.jpg
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]