Subject: [Healeys] Rear shock bolts

From: Michael Hartfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 04:05:19 -0700

Take a look at this short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgwmuZuJ02I

Nord-Lock washers should be ideal for shocks.  I have them on my front
shocks with no problem, but I have only driven about 2,500 miles since
installation.

 From: Richard Kahn <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Rear shock bolts

I read sometime ago about using Allen head bolts to hold the rear shocks on
a
BJ8 as it is near impossible to get tools into the tight areas.  As I am
again
experiencing  loosening nuts, I would like to do something different. Anyone
else having trouble with loosening shocks. I have hardened washer and lock
wishers and two nuts on each bolts. I'm wondering if the bolts are
stretching
(really only one has loosened). Would stainless be less likely to stretch?
Rich Kahn
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 11:10:13 -0500 (EST)

Great video, explains a lot in ways I can even understand. Also I see these 
 washers are readily available through eBay and other sites. Thanks for the 
 information and heads up. 
Steven Kingsbury
BN1
 
In a message dated 11/5/2013 4:23:25 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Take a  look at this short video:  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgwmuZuJ02I

[email-masked]