Subject: [Healeys] Original leather interior, what was leather, what was vinyl

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 13:00:29 -0500 (EST)

Trying to piece together the mix of what was leather and what was vinyl on
BJ8's that came with factory leather interior.  This is what I think based on
searches and couple of books.  Can someone(s) fill in the details as to what
was what?  My guesses below maybe was off base.

Front seats - all leather except the backs of the upright seat backs.  Seats
are pleated with no embossed pattern.  Vinyl pleats had the checkerboard
pattern.

Rear seats - not leather but matching color vinyl, again pleated but no
pattern. What was surrounding material to rear seats, leather or vinyl?

Door panels?  Don't know what material Where the leather?

Front kick panels - don't know what material?  Were they leather?

Rear left/right panels that hide the top hinges - don't know but assumed there
was no embossed "square" pattern as with vinyl (amblia) interiors.  So were
they just plain material that was leather or were they matching vinyl?

Rear fold down shelf.  Have counted 19 vertical pleats with no embossed
pattern-but what material?  Also what was thin material that covers the back
and join the hinged areas and the vertical shelf?

Dash and console covering - vinyl or leather?

Top dash cover  that rearview mirror sits on - assume was always black and was
vinyl

Tonneau and boot covers.  assume was always marine type vinyl

Thanks

jjs64BJ8
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys