Subject: [Healeys] fuel gauge calibration

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 22:27:25 -0800

There have been quite a few posts on this issue but none seem to 
really solve the problem. When I first owned an Austin-Healey it was 
6 years old and the gauge was fairly accurate as I recall.

The gauge on the healey was professionally calibrated but it was way 
off, tending to stick at the full side and then rapidly dropping down 
to near empty. Recently I calibrated it by removing the sender and 
adjusting the gauge on the bench but it still sticks toward the full 
side. When the tank is below 1/2 it will start to read towards the 
1/2 and 1/4 marks.

What's the issue with getting the gauge to read more accurately? I 
think it may have to do with the coils and magnet alignment. I think 
the coils may be out of plumb (due to bending of the case at the nut 
attachment) which causes the magnet to be too close to the armature assembly.

Has anyone investigated this? Has anyone been able to get their gauge 
to read more accurately?

John Spaur
'62 BT7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys