Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: Austin-Healey Club Newsletter: Fall Market Update

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:00:03 +0000

Fortuitous article from Hagerty.

Ira Erbs
IT Educator and Consultant
Portland, OR.

Sent from my mobile phone. What you get may not be what I typed.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Hagerty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Nov 11, 2013 7:15 AM
Subject: Austin-Healey Club Newsletter: Fall Market Update
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc:

 Courtesy of Hagerty

View this email as a web
page<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=eed6fbb8099ee6a79e3191e4d50543abf52d0a
821bd73579af52b09e5dff13a4>
   [image: Help keep the hobby alive by joining the
AHCUSA]<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=eed6fbb8099ee6a7e6984a925262adec91f
c4c1768a21b5585f63134110342e1>

*Austin-Healey Club Newsletter: Fall Market Update  Courtesy of Hagerty*
*By: Brian Rabold*

Only a few major North American classic car auctions remain for 2013, and
those events typically don't draw more than a handful of British marques.
As such, now is an opportune time to glance back at the year's market
performance for Austin-Healeys. And by nearly all measures, the year was
quite good for owners.

The latter half of 2013 saw the ex-Works BJ7 campaigned by Paddy Hopkirk in
a number of significant races score a $352,000 sale price at Bonhams' Quail
Lodge auction in August to become the second most expensive Austin-Healey
sold on American soil and the fourth most expensive Healey sale ever. RM
also sold an excellent 100M Le Mans car in Monterey for $198,000. Three
other Healeys topped six-figure sale prices since June, with two of those
occurring during Pebble Beach festivities, and six of this year's top 10
Healey sales happened in the second half of 2013.

High sales weren't the only measure of a growing market. Compared to 2012,
2013 saw the average and the median sale prices from both the public
auctions and the private sales that Hagerty tracks climb significantly. For
all market activity, the average sale price for an Austin-Healey in North
America was $57,499 (up 33% over 2012) and the median sale price was
$50,000 (up 30%). Despite 28% fewer cars coming to market thus far in 2013,
16 eclipsed the $90,000 mark, whereas 11 did so in 2012.

Unlike other areas of the collector car market, price increases for
Austin-Healeys weren't limited to the most expensive cars. In fact, all
models benefitted, with the median price paid for a 3000 going up nearly
9%, a Healey 100's median price increasing by 13%, and the Sprite jumping
45%.

All the same, even though 2013 reported much stronger statistics than 2012,
and despite the fact that the previously mentioned high-profile sales from
Pebble Beach week boosted average sale prices well above levels seen during
the first half of the year, the median price paid at auction for an
Austin-Healey from July through October in North America was actually 3%
lower than it was from January through June. Does this portend falling
values for 2014? Is market exuberance shifting to hesitation? It's too
early to make either claim, especially since the same phenomenon didn't
surface in the private sector, but it certainly does give reason to keep
enthusiasm in check.
 *Brian Rabold is editor of *Hagerty Price Guide
   [image:
Hagerty]<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=eed6fbb8099ee6a75c4efd13f6171950bb
c910bc593115ba2c65e79a9cc2525a>

This email was sent by:
*Hagerty Media Properties * 141 River's Edge Dr., Suite 200 Traverse City,
MI 49684 US |
www.hagerty.com<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=eed6fbb8099ee6a75c4efd13f61
71950bbc910bc593115ba2c65e79a9cc2525a>|
877.922.9701
Unsubscribe<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=eed6fbb8099ee6a7397baad1ecd2b6d
dcd745440f02c3c12c6e70a79d33baa50>|
Manage
Subscriptions<http://pages.news.hagerty.com/page.aspx?qs=472529ec60bdf32ab210
19c30dd3241c856cd0f7042216e72ac6db24238b40eaf88e1ec0a4afe47dd79478b2ba6f64f08
1b3c7f2f55cc59e6cb9f07711c54ee8d298684385c7a0d6269438a9d61b43b6a3101e309064ec
e1d93a91af52228c25a711df9415aa59c3c9b7b5b8d499504b4b1bbbbda97869315a547ba63e0
f743d40fd5cc189645133d3dae43ef5f5a9aefbda03f2dab614d9>
We respect your right to privacy - view our
policy<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=eed6fbb8099ee6a74b63d9aaafa49acb57df
a796ecd7f1e7ad77ab7308554f27><http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=eed6fbb8099ee
6a74b63d9aaafa49acb57dfa796ecd7f1e7ad77ab7308554f27>
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Herbert Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:58:34 -0600

From: Hagerty [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 9:16 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Austin-Healey Club Newsletter: Fall Market Update

Courtesy of Hagerty

<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=c138fadd55ee5032149cda81c83033836bc171dc1
613b21e712ce2968d656f4b> View this email as a web page

<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=c138fadd55ee5032d56439c4294220a0f5dbbc6a1
5e9ba751790b47fc896efef> Help keep the hobby alive by joining the AHCUSA

Austin-Healey Club Newsletter: Fall Market Update - Courtesy of Hagerty
By: Brian Rabold 

Only a few major North American classic car auctions remain for 2013, and
those events typically don't draw more than a handful of British marques. As
such, now is an opportune time to glance back at the year's market
performance for Austin-Healeys. And by nearly all measures, the year was
quite good for owners.

High sales weren't the only measure of a growing market. Compared to 2012,
2013 saw the average and the median sale prices from both the public
auctions and the private sales that Hagerty tracks climb significantly. For
all market activity, the average sale price for an Austin-Healey in North
America was $57,499 (up 33% over 2012) and the median sale price was $50,000
(up 30%). Despite 28% fewer cars coming to market thus far in 2013, 16
eclipsed the $90,000 mark, whereas 11 did so in 2012.

Unlike other areas of the collector car market, price increases for
Austin-Healeys weren't limited to the most expensive cars. In fact, all
models benefitted, with the median price paid for a 3000 going up nearly 9%,
a Healey 100's median price increasing by 13%, and the Sprite jumping 45%.

All the same, even though 2013 reported much stronger statistics than 2012,
and despite the fact that the previously mentioned high-profile sales from
Pebble Beach week boosted average sale prices well above levels seen during
the first half of the year, the median price paid at auction for an
Austin-Healey from July through October in North America was actually 3%
lower than it was from January through June. Does this portend falling
values for 2014? Is market exuberance shifting to hesitation? It's too early
to make either claim, especially since the same phenomenon didn't surface in
the private sector, but it certainly does give reason to keep enthusiasm in
check.

Brian Rabold is editor of Hagerty Price Guide

<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=c138fadd55ee5032eae75abe1064c02b113c9cf59
246f7b9ceb0d967c42b5b67> Hagerty

  <http://image.news.hagerty.com/lib/fec61672716d0475/m/1/spacer.gif> 

This email was sent by:
Hagerty Media Properties 141 River's Edge Dr., Suite 200 Traverse City, MI
49684 US | www.hagerty.com
<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=c138fadd55ee5032eae75abe1064c02b113c9cf59
246f7b9ceb0d967c42b5b67>  | 877.922.9701 
 
<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=c138fadd55ee5032256d093ec5cf045d59a89432e
6c077a8e7d090a752e8a412> Unsubscribe |
<http://pages.news.hagerty.com/page.aspx?qs=472529ec60bdf32ab21019c30dd3241c
856cd0f7042216e72ac6db24238b40eaf88e1ec0a4afe47dd79478b2ba6f64f081b3c7f2f55c
c59ee856e277b7d727cb0dc378ca27ee3419daf4c1fc3006a0af67c14fb0e3e3315dde2546d2
d931f83334aba2073929d3cae070d20e0f6c7b23e7386314f441c425149e0f02151e4c74613b
71ca6c1f1b4f9811503cb10a47a2cdf747aecbcf859a> Manage Subscriptions
We respect your right to privacy - view our policy
<http://click.news.hagerty.com/?qs=81c50ab5c42794ae331024160b476445f87409a89
a550eacbf28e2f346aabc31> 

<http://click.news.hagerty.com/open.aspx?ffcb10-fe651670776206757015-fdf11d7
87463047b701d7175-fec61672716d0475-fe9717797064007e75-fe34157076620079761072
-ffcf14&d=10037> 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]