Subject: Re: [Healeys] No Bright Links

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 12:24:55 -0800

It matters as there is slack on one side. count the links on the "tight"
side.

Here's a picture you can count to match:
ewilkins.com/wilko/healeys/healey_timing.gif

Or clean the chain good and you may see the marked links.

Wilko

On Dec 7, 2013, at 10:13 AM, Mike Tobin wrote:

> I don't see the bright links on the timing chain.  There's a master link
> but the rest are identical as far as I can tell.  Why does this matter?
> Isn't it enough to just align the keys?  Is there a link or two of slack on
> one side?
> I think this was covered recently but I can't find anything in the archive.
> mike
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 02:02:43 +0000

Maybe take a black marker and mark two links 15 places apart. Use those for
your bright links.

Bill Lawrence

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 12:24:55 -0800
> CC: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] No Bright Links
>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Tobin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 08:59:31 -0500

Thanks all for the advice and patience (I know this came up recently).
They say memory is one of the first three things to go - I can't remember
the other two.
One of my challenges is that I can't trust the engine as I found it.  The
last guy to do this to it only had a cold chisel, large hammer and an
adjustable spanner in his tool box. Oh, and a paint roller for applying
tons of black  Permatex.
I'll know to  proceed when the new locating plate and tensioner arrive.
Cheers,
Mike
On Dec 7, 2013 10:41 PM, "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > > Isn't it enough to just align the keys?  Is there a link or two of
> slack
> on
> > > one side?
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]