Subject: [Healeys] Interior door handle removal BN7

From: "Healey Bruce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 17:47:38 -0800

Greetings.  I'm working on the interior, and cannot figure out how to remove
the interior door handles on my 3000 BN7.  I know there is a pin somewhere,
but I cannot located it nor figure out how to remove the escutcheon.  There
appears to be 3 pieces: 1) the handle itself, 2) a small ring, and 3) the
escutcheon.  Where is the pin located, and how does one get to it?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas.

Bruce

Brea, CA

1960 BN7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 18:12:38 -0800

The spring has a high side and a low side. Because of this, it is 
easier to see the pin hole and remove it if the low side is towards 
one of the pin holes. You might need to use a nail about the size of 
the pin instead of an awl. You can make a new pin from a nail too.

>Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 18:06:29 -0800
>To: "Healey Bruce" <[email-masked]>
>From: john spaur <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: [Healeys] Interior door handle removal BN7
>
>You need to compress the escutcheon down and use an awl to press out 
>the pin. There is a spiral spring inside of the escutcheon that 
>pushes the escutcheon out towards the handle. It helps a lot to 
>rotate the spring so it's low point is oriented towards one side of 
>the hole for the pin. Hard to describe but you will understand why 
>once you take it all apart.
>
>John
>San Jose, CA
>'62 BT7

[email-masked]