Subject: Re: [Healeys] Non Healey content. SF to Vancouver via 101 advice requested

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 11:04:31 -0500 (EST)

I would agree with Richard here, the section of Highway 1 he's talking  
about is spectacular! And you can stay right on the coast all they way to San  
Francisco and then pick up the 101 and continue. It would definitely add a 
full  day and the scenery between San Francisco and Vancouver is going to be  
beautiful, but the photo opportunities afforded along the coast from Morro 
Bay  north are amazing. And you get to go through Carmel and Monterey. Your 
call, and  whatever you decide, you're in for a treat! There's lots to see.
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598
 
It would add time to the trip, but if you flew to LAX and  drove highway 1
north you would get to drive one of the world's great roads  through Big 
Sur.

Hi All

We are in the planning stages for a trip in 2014 to USA  and would 
welcome any advice we can get.

We are in Perth Western  Australia and will be heading to San Francisco 
via New Zealand.

We  would like to drive from San Francisco to Vancouver via highway 101, 
in  parts, to see as much as we can.

We have briefly been to Seattle  previously and enjoyed it immensely.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be  appreciated.

cheers from West Oz

John

1959 BT7
1963 BJ7  (SWMBO)
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Kent McLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 17:23:50 +0000 (UTC)

> We would like to drive from San Francisco to Vancouver via highway 101, 

North of San Francisco, hug the coast as much as you can. Take CA-1 instead 
of US-101; they meet again further north after CA-1 leaves the coasts and hits
Leggett.

Do take in the Avenue of the Giants -- a 31 mile drive through the giant red 
woods -- just north of Garberville CA.  Take time to park the car and walk 
among the trees at one of the many parking stops -- you will be awed.

I live on the east coast of the US (New Hampshire). I did this trip a year ago 
on a rented motorcycle (Dubbelju out of San Francisco, if you are interested). 
We stayed at the Eureka Inn, an old-time huge mansion of an inn; quaint, if 
you are tired of hotel chains. It was the vacation of a lifetime. I have plans
to do it again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avenue_of_the_Giants
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_Route_1
http://www.eurekainn.com/Pages/default.aspx

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN-2

[email-masked]