Subject: [Healeys] Sebring 3000's

From: "Andy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 17:02:17 -0000

All,

Many thanks for all of the excellent responses in respect to whether the
front shrouds were "dished" or not for the auxiliary lights.

Keeping with the Sebring theme, let me ask a couple more questions:

a.        Looking at some engine bay pictures, specifically those posted on
the Bonhams site re the sale of 767KNX
(http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20994/lot/141/), I am trying to identify
the various components on the bulkhead area.  From Left to right there
appears to be a RB310 Voltage Regulator, two SF4 fuse boxes and what looks
like a relay?  Does anyone know what this last component is ? 

b.      Why did these later cars use a RB310 voltage regulator, rather than
the RB106 which was on the production cars till the RB340 came along with
the MkIII?

Andy
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:40:25 -0800

I'd guess that the last component is the relay used for the auxiliary lights
that you were asking about.

[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:36:33 +0100

Andy,
I think Perry is right. The RB310 can cope with higher currents and is more effective than the RB106. 

Hope this mail comes through.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [Healeys] Sebring 3000's
Datum: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 19:39:44 +0100
Von: [email-masked]
An: [email-masked]

Andy
a. Overdrive relay
b. RB106 is a two bobbin (coil) regulator. RB310 and 340 are three coil. Not
exactly sure when RB340 was introduced but the 310 can be easily adjusted with
a screw while the 340 uses a cam adjuster. Suspect that the Donald Healey lads
pulled a RB310 off an old Bentley and bumped the generator out put for the
driving lights.
Aloha
Perry
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]