Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 Cylinder Head issues

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 12:21:26 +0000

Any normal grease gun should work fine.

Derek
On 10 Dec 2013, at 10:59, STEPHEN CUSS <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Can anybody please tell me how they overcome the lack of an oil gun to
service
> the nipples on the various points, as I do not have the original Tecalmit
tool
> I a based in the UK, also has anybody with a BN1 come across the issue of
the
> oil feed nozzle in the cylinder head being reduced by using solder , and if
so
> why? I have just had the original head refitted with hardened values and
seats
> for unleaded petrol. On inspection the original nozzle has had the outlet
> restricted to about 30% of original hole diameter.Thanks in advance for any
> help with these issues.
>
> Stephen
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:29:48 +0800

that should be a clean hole.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM, STEPHEN CUSS <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> oil feed nozzle in the cylinder head being reduced by using solder , and
> if so
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Bob Yule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 13:09:28 -0500

Stephen, the oil hole is soldered partly to restrict the oil flow to
the rockershaft bushings.  This was quite common once the shaft and/or
bushings became worn because it would allow too much oil to accumulate on
top of the head and consequently leak from the rocker cover gasket and oil
fill hole. It would also give a raised oil pressure reading on the gauge.

	Cheers...Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of STEPHEN CUSS
Sent: December-10-13 5:59 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: StephenCuss
Subject: [Healeys] BN1 Cylinder Head issues

Can anybody please tell me how they overcome the lack of an oil gun to
service the nipples on the various points, as I do not have the original
Tecalmit tool I a based in the UK, also has anybody with a BN1 come across
the issue of the oil feed nozzle in the cylinder head being reduced by using
solder , and if so why? I have just had the original head refitted with
hardened values and seats for unleaded petrol. On inspection the original
nozzle has had the outlet restricted to about 30% of original hole
diameter.Thanks in advance for any help with these issues.

Stephen
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 08:30:57 +0800

Hi Stephen -

I'd defer to Bob Yule on this.  Maybe I got a little confused on which hole
you were talking about.

I'm sorry if I screwed it up for you.  Bob is right, too much oil up there
can cause oil leakage and oil burning problems.

If your rockers are tight with new bushings, it shouldn't be a problem, but
the restriction is useful as it all wears in.

Alan

Best,

Alan

[email-masked]