Subject: Re: [Healeys] 2 weber 45 questions

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:24:43 +0000

Can't say for sure that there wasn't but a 16 does not appear in a list I have
of the most common ones.

There is a 45DCOE 13 which seemed to be for single carb usage on engines
around 1250cc using a 38 venturi

Derek

On 26 Dec 2013, at 22:24, Simon Lachlan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Is there or was there ever a Weber 45 dcoe 16? "16"....not 13? I have a
> fellow on eBay who said that he had a pair of 45DCOE "15"s. I contacted
him;
> he came back and said "oops I meant "13"s". Now he's emailed me and said he
> has one "13" and one "16". Maybe there was a 40 DCOE 16 and he's got the
> wrong top cover.....
>
>
>
> I'm going to meet a guy tomorrow to look at some Weber stuff. We're talking
> DCOE 45s here....are all 36mm chokes the same? Yes, they may all be 36mm,
> but, if I buy 3 chokes out of his bits and bobs drawer, will I find it a
> battle to find more identical 36mm chokes?
>
> Or, are they all identical &/or it doesn't matter....36mm is 36mm and
that's
> all that matters??
>
> Simon
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 16:00:41 +0000

I was looking at some other info I have and it seems there is/was a 45DCOE 16.
The info references it to being used on a BMW 1800.  The 45 / 13 can be used
on a Healey. I think the most important thing is to have three matching
carbs.

Derek

him;
that's

[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 11:35:19 -0500

Hi Derek,
Not sure if you are committed to the Webers that you mentioned but I have
two 45DCOE 9 carbs for sale. These are not a pair in that they do not have
consecutive serial numbers and will require all new jets, jet holders etc
but they would be a very good starting point for a Weber conversion.
Please contact me off line if they are of interest.

Michael S

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Derek Job <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
Michael Salter

[email-masked]