Subject: [Healeys] Non Healey content. SF to Vancouver via 101 advice requested

From: John Rowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 08:08:29 +0800

Hi All

We are in the planning stages for a trip in 2014 to USA and would 
welcome any advice we can get.

We are in Perth Western Australia and will be heading to San Francisco 
via New Zealand.

We would like to drive from San Francisco to Vancouver via highway 101, 
in parts, to see as much as we can.

We have briefly been to Seattle previously and enjoyed it immensely.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

cheers from West Oz

John

1959 BT7
1963 BJ7 (SWMBO)
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Richard Ewald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 06:52:02 -0800

It would add time to the trip, but if you flew to LAX and drove highway 1
north you would get to drive one of the world's great roads through Big Sur.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 30, 2013, at 16:08, John Rowe <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 08:42:58 -0800

Or, take Hwy 1 north of San Francisco all the way to Vancouver, WA (I believe it junctions with 101 at some points).  If 
you're going to Vancouver, CA take the ferry out of Port Angeles, WA.

Bob

-- 
*******************************************************************
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            [email-masked]

*******************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Ewald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 10:45:58 -0800

To amplify on my previous post (and a few other since) Not all the rooms at
the Madonna Inn are theme rooms, many are not, if you want a theme room,
you will need to reserve ahead.
If coming in our summer and you do not want to not follow motorhomes at 10
MPH through Big Sur and along highway 1, I suggest getting a room in San
Louis Obispo or near by and get on the road North EARLY you will be in
Carmel before
 the motorhomes leave their parking place.
Going North from San Francisco you have two choices, coast or inland.
Inland you get Napa Valley and wine. Coast you get the ocean.  Near the
Northern part of the state, highway 1 joins 101 and continues north.
All in all this is a great vacation.
Rick

[email-masked]

---

From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:45:13 -0800

John:  My first thought was - which Vancouver?  Vancouver, Washington, USA, 
or Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada?  They are not that far apart.

In either case, I have suggestions for your trip north:

SONOMA RACEWAY -  North of San Francisco, 8.5 miles west of Hwy 101 at the 
intersection of Hwy 37 and Hwy 121.  Depending on what time of year you 
visit, the raceway hosts NASCAR, Indycar, Historic Car Races, World Touring 
Car Championship, drag racing.

AVENUE OF THE GIANTS - This world-famous scenic drive is a 31-mile portion 
of old Highway 101, which parallels Freeway 101 with its 51,222 acres of 
redwood groves. It is by far the most outstanding display of these giant 
trees in the entire 500 mile redwood belt.  Google it and you can download a 
brochure.

FERNDALE - 21 miles north of the "Avenue of the Giants" and a few miles west 
of Hwy 101.  Discover Northern California's best-kept secret--The Victorian 
Village of Ferndale. A photographer's paradise and a shopper's delight. 
Explore the classic architecture, old-fashioned mercantiles, antique stores, 
art galleries, and specialty shops.

In Eureka, THE SAMOA COOK HOUSE.  Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are still 
served daily at the last surviving lumber camp-style cookhouse in the West, 
built in 1893. Food is served family-style.  Again, Google.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "John Rowe" <[email-masked]>
To: "Healey List" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 4:08 PM
Subject: [Healeys] Non Healey content. SF to Vancouver via 101 
advicerequested

[email-masked]