Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 5, Issue 628

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 15:58:14 -0500 (EST)

If you can budget about four days, a trip from San Francisco up the coast can
be great fun. All you need to do in planning the route is stay as close to the
edge of the Pacific Ocean as possible. That means you'll be on Highway 1 most
of the time, but you'll divert in to 101 north of Fort Bragg, CA and then pick
up the coast again in Eureka/Crescent City. You can stay on Highway 1 all the
way to Port Washington as suggested, and then either take ferries to Victoria
and over to Vancouver, or directly to Vancouver. That will avoid the whole
Portland and Seattle transits -- but you've already seen them, so save the
time for Victoria and Vancouver.

G.

Gary Anderson
Editor at Large, Austin-Healey Magazine
Los Altos, California
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:28:54 -0700

We did this trip in 2008. I agree with Gary. Victoria/Vancouver Island &
Vancouver are great since youve already been to Portland & Seattle. Bouchard
(sp?) Gardens on Vancouver Island are wonderful. Would also suggest leaving
from LA and doing Bur Sur.

We continued from Vancouver to Whistler and Banff/Jasper Nat. Parks and then
dropped down to Glacier/Yellowstone & Jackson. Then back to the east coast.
Want to do it in reverse sometime. Wonderful route. 6122 miles in 30 days and
would do it again in a minute.

Randy

On Dec 31, 2013, at 1:58 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]