Subject: [Healeys] vote for points

From: Richard Kahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:54:01 -0800 FILETIME=[37252460:01CEF856]

I agree with those who like points. I like to feel I have something to do on
the car. But Jeff at Advanced rebuilt my dizzy over 3 years ago (3K per year)
and I have not had to touch anything since. Sort of takes the fun out of it.
Car runs great. (knock on wood - that's why I have a wood steering wheel, so
wood is always handy).  I have a 2011 Audi Turbo with all that crap under the
hood I don't understand. I only open the hood to add windshield fluid. Where
is the fun in that? I don't have a connection with the Audi. The Healey has a
lot of my blood and skin all over the car. We have a bond that you cannot get
if you don't work on it. Sort of a feeling if something isn't right.
Add electronics, electric fans, better suspension, air conditioning, and all
the modern upgrades and you no longer have that 50's,60's LBC thrill and
excitement that got you interested in the first place.
Just my two cents.
Rich Kahn
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys