Subject: [Healeys] Webers' sizes.

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 13:15:15 -0000

Am watching the toing and froing on this topic with interest. I started it
after all..............

There seem to be so many types and sub-types. 

My aim is to buy them second hand and rebuild as necessary. Common sense
indicates buying a matched pair then a singleton to match them.

So, I look around and see, for example, 40 DCO "31". Now, is it too much to
hope that all DCOE 40s are the same, but that the 31 indicates the choke
size which can be altered to make it a 40 DCOE "35" or which and whatever?

Yes, I imagine that the basic bodies altered with the passage of time, but
surely something stamped on the body will indicate that one has a unit with
the potential to be made to match?

A pair and a singleton seems to be easier to find and more economical than a
triple set. And most triples seem to be 45s.... 

I'm not in a rush and will seek to assemble the necessaries over any period
until it's worth stripping down the car.

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 09:11:44 -0800

I had also posted questions about the Weber thing last week so I'm following
along too.

What I was able to get from eBay many years ago was a set of three 40DCOEs
that were taken from a Datsun Z conversion. I also got three DCOM which is a
more modern version with a diaphragm style accelerator pump that is supposed
to be better around town. There is a seller on eBay who specializes in selling
Alpha parts. His name on eBay is something like alpha1875. His prices can be
good, and he's helpful.

That number after after DCOE is the type and has nothing to do with anything
that anyone outside of Weber knows!

What that number indicates most is difference in the progression holes that
are the key to how the carb performs from idle to driving. These holes are
very small and run along the throttle body and let in more fuel as the
throttle plate is opened. Most of regular driving done with plates barely
opened so that's why this can make so much difference.

On Dec 15, 2013, at 5:15 AM, Simon Lachlan wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]