Subject: Re: [Healeys] ProRace Harmonic Balancer

From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 08:08:06 -0800

What's the difference?

1) it isn't cracked at the woodruff key
2) it doesn't break, causing the dog nut to come off and destroy your
freshly re-cored radiator and then bounce into the underside of your freshly
painted bonnet necessitating bodywork and a respray.

It's not a cast piece, it's milled billet.
There is a photo on the Moss website.
It has timing marks machined in.
It looks really trick and shiny.

I'd recommend installing it on a cold day - it requires you to heat it up
(boiling water) prior to install, but I have found that the temp
differential isn't quite enough in the summer in NV.  

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting Services, LLC
702.882.6711
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:54:34 -0800

Here's a pic:

ewilkins.com/wilko/healeys/prorace_balancer.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. I can't imagine why mine would be so far out of
alignment. Are the pulley locations very different on the later 1/2" belt
water pumps?

Thanks,
Rick

On Dec 11, 2013, at 8:08 AM, Jonas Payne wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 19:00:09 +0000

I'll second that.

It happened to one of our hill climbers. About 100 yards after the start the
standard part exploded into a thousand pieces and totally destroyed the shroud
bonnet and radiator. Nasty!

Derek

> PBR Consulting Services, LLC
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]