Subject: [Healeys] Engine Mountings

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 18:48:57 +1100

G'day

I have just spent the last couple of hours struggling with the changing of a
passenger side rubber/metal engine mount on the BN3 (RHD). Despite the heat,
mosquitoes and perspiration dripping onto the inside of my glasses, I won.
However I am not happy with the result.

The engine mounts in the BN3 are an amalgam of both four and six cylinder
components coming off the side of the six-cylinder engine and on to diagonal
chassis mounts like the four-cylinder cars. Easy to undo, but how two
supposedly immovable objects fail to line up afterwards is quite beyond me. 

New engine mounts are rubber sandwiched (Vulcanised) between two flat and
parallel pieces of metal plate, but when it's all fitted to the BN3 the top
of the rubber mount is pushed in a little, while the bottom is pulled out.
As a consequence I can't help but think that they are put together
incorrectly.

So! What I am after are photos of both four and six-cylinder mounts fitted
so that I can compare. Is there anyone out there who can send me some pics?

If anyone is interested in how the Donald Healey Motor Company modified the
100 chassis engine mounts I am happy to send pics.

Time for another mineral water and lime juice.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Alan Bromfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 09:37:23 -0000

Hi Patrick.
Could part of the problem be that the replacement engine mounts are not
accurately reproduced.  I found an issue when preparing my 100/6 mounts for
installation. I documented the issue for John Sims site.
http://www.healey6.com/Technical/Engine%20Mounts.pdf
This may be a contributing factor.
Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year
  _________________________________________
(______________ Alan Bromfield_______________)
        (_______\____1957-BN4____/________)
                (__tinyurl.com/healeyforum _)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Patrick & Caroline Quinn
Sent: 21 December 2013 07:49
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Engine Mountings

G'day

Patrick Quinn

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]