Subject: [Healeys] Sebring 3000's

From: "Andy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 21:25:10 -0000

Looking at various pictures of the Works cars which ran at Sebring such as
the FAC's and 767 KNX, their fixing of the front spot lights is different to
that seen on the rally cars.  With the Sebring cars the front spots look to
be mounted directly to the front shroud where-as on the rally cars the front
spots are generally mounted on a bracket which comes under the front
valance.

Focusing on the Sebring cars, is the front valance / shroud dished to accept
the back of the spots or are they just fixed through a hole to a fixing
point behind?  Any details on how the fixing was done would be most welcome.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 10:07:20 +1100

G'day Andy

The three '63 cars were the first to use such lights. The '64 (767 KNX) car
had a similar arrangement as did the '65 car or DAC 953C.

Don't forget the Works Rally cars were prepared by BMC at Abingdon while the
Sebring cars were prepared at Warwick, by the Donald Healey Motor Company.

Joe Armour who is one of the contributors to this list owns the '65 car (DAC
953C) and I am sure he will tell you all you need to know.

I will call him and get him out of bed.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Saturday, 7 December 2013 8:25 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Sebring 3000's

$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Jackson Krall <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 15:47:01 -0800 (PST)

----Forwarded message----
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Sun, Dec 8, 2013 12:45 PM EST
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Sebring 3000's

Also...
Those Lucas lamps were/are(?) available with either bottom or rear mounting as on FAC.
Best
JK

------------------------------
On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 8:02 PM EST Wilko2 wrote:

>I like the earlier cars like the UJB group. They were mounted under the front
>similar to the rally cars, but less hardware.
>
>The later cars FAC were just in front of the shroud. small hole through for
>wires.
>
>
>
>On Dec 6, 2013, at 1:25 PM, Andy wrote:
>
> ___________________

[email-masked]