Subject: [Healeys] Chrome Lucas Sport Coil

From: Linwood Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 20:04:19 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded. I am convinced now that I have never seen
what I thought I had seen. Perhaps it was a highly polished original, or even
a Pertronix with a Lucas decal. Anyway, thanks!

Lin
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Mark Donaldson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 17:14:15 +1300

Lin,

In the seventies you could buy a chrome dress-up sleeve, from dealers
here in Auckland, that was an interference-slide-fit over a stock HA12
Lucas coil.  I assume they were imported so would have been available
in other countries, including the US.

So, whilst they were not original, you could well have seen one on a
car and, without close inspection, might have assumed it was a stock
item.

Cheers
Mark
Auckland, NZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Linwood Rose [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, 6 December 2013 4:29 p.m.
To: healeylist
Subject: [Healeys] Chrome Lucas Sport Coil

Does such a thing exist? I swear I have seen them on cars before, but
I cannot
find a source for one.

I have seen the chrome flamethrower coil. It's nose (where the coil
wire
connects to coil) isn't quite the same as the Lucas or Intermotor. It
is a
larger diameter and the terminal inside the "nose" is recessed farther
than
the Lucas or Intermotor. I also think Powerspark makes a chrome body
coil that is claimed to be the Lucas Sport Coil equivalent.

Anyway, just curious.

Lin

[email-masked]

---

From: richard mayor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 18:59:07 +0000

I bought a chrome coil about 10 years ago for my '68 Javelin...... Mallory,
part #29217

Richard Mayor

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 20:04:19 -0500
> To: [email-masked]
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]