Subject: [Healeys] Heat shield

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:29:21 +0100

The spacers go on the carb side of the heat shield.
Cheers,

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter /Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: [Healeys] Heat shield
Datum: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 23:13:55 +0100
Von: Keith Bailey <[email-masked]>
An: [email-masked]

Hi list
Could any BT7 Tri- Carb owner please advise which side of heat shield do the
spacers go
the manuals and part catalogue's appear to give different pictures of the
correct position of the spacers thanking you in anticipation
Cheers Keith
BT6
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:27:38 -0500 (EST)

Mine has one spacer (approx. 3/16" thick) on each side of the heat shield. I
am no sure this is original. I do recall that the heat shield cannot be
installed (won't lay flat) without a spacer between it & the intake manifolds.
Also, I installed a gasket on each side of each spacer. I.E. 4 gaskets/carb.
Gary Hodson

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Bailey <[email-masked]>
To: Healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Dec 12, 2013 5:58 pm
Subject: [Healeys] Heat shield

Hi list

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Earl Kagna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:28:14 -0800

Keith:

I own a very original top-shift tri-carb - '62.  The spacer - called the 
'distance piece' in the parts manual should be installed between the carb 
and the heat shield.  The spacer acts as a heat insulating piece (of sorts) 
for the carbs.  So  -- from the intake manifold out, the 'stack' should be: 
gasket - heatshield - gasket - spacer - gasket carb.  3 gaskets per carb for 
a total of 9, before the air cleaner is installed.  You are right - the 
manual is a little ambiguous on that page.

On the left hand drive cars, there is very little clearance between the 
bottom of the jet on the rear carb and the steering column.  An extra 
spacer, or one that is thicker than the original will almost always cause 
problems there, even with normal engine movement.

I've attached a photo for you (and Gary), which I know the list will strip.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 7:27 AM
To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Heat shield

Mine has one spacer (approx. 3/16" thick) on each side of the heat shield. I
am no sure this is original. I do recall that the heat shield cannot be
installed (won't lay flat) without a spacer between it & the intake 
manifolds.
Also, I installed a gasket on each side of each spacer. I.E. 4 gaskets/carb.
Gary Hodson

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Bailey <[email-masked]>
To: Healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Dec 12, 2013 5:58 pm
Subject: [Healeys] Heat shield

Hi list

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCN0486.JPG]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 10:57:38 -0800

If anyone wants to attach a pic, send it to me and I can host it and provide a
link so that all can view it. You could also post it the forum and paste the
partial link (minus the "http://" part) and the list won't strip that.

Rick  Wilkins
"Wilko"

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 22:45:34 -0600

I would like to see that as well since I hAve a beat shield but I don't think
I have adequate thread left on the bolts holding the spacers and carbs to
attach it. And, I have serious fuel vaporizing during summer driving.

Regards,
Richard C

Sent from IPhone

> On Dec 14, 2013, at 13:54, "Wilko2" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]