Subject: [Healeys] Grant Clark racing Healey 3000 at Mosport in 1961

From: "J. Scott Morris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 18:39:02 -0800 (PST)

At the Canadian GP held at Mosport Park Sept 30, 1961, Grant Clark drove a
Healey 3000 #171 in the Production Car race and crashed.B  Here is a brief
description from bCanada Track & Trafficb, Nov.1961, Page 15.

bGrant Clark, driving a Healey 3000 in the 20-lap production race prior to
the Grand Prix, had taken too broad an arc at Turn One on his second lap.B 
The Healey's left front wheel hit the gravel and dug in, flipping the car
violently three times before it skidded 150 feet along the track upside
down.B  Clark, badly shaken and scraped up about the face and right arm, was
not seriously hurt but was hors de combat for the day.b

A video taken at Mosport in the early 60bs and transferred to a digital
format by Rupert Lloyd Thomas can be seen at the following website
https://www.dropbox.com/s/frp8wrtgeeoil5u/Mosport_Sixties_a.wmv?m
At the 3:24 point in the film there are a few scenes of his wrecked Austin
Healey 3000 #171.B 

Enjoy & Seasons Greatings.

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaB  B  B B B - Keep Smiling, Murphy
Lives
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys