Subject: Re: [Healeys] Weber restoration service in Europe?

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:01:42 +0100

Hi Tadek,
I can recommend http://www.di-michele.de/.

Josef

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: [Healeys] Weber restoration service in Europe?
Datum: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 22:52:26 +0100
Von: "Tadeusz Malkiewicz" <[email-masked]>
An: <[email-masked]>

Hello,
Speaking about Webers, anyone knows who might be good to contact for
restoring Webers (preferably in Europe)??

Tadek
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 09:53:01 +0100

Unless Webers or DellOrto's are very rough there is not much to restore. 
They are simple items that can be easily dismantled, cleaned and rebuild 
using readily available (ebay) rebuild kits containing all the necessary 
O-rings, float valves, gaskets, springs, diaphragms etc. There is not 
much that can wear out if you have the carbs with diaphragms in the 
acceleration pumps. If Webers have pistons in the acceleration pumps 
this can be a bit tricky are they can be badly corroded.
The ball bearings for the spindles are standard items, out of my head 
607-2RS or 627-2RS and are bought in packs of 10 for pennies in China 
through ebay, incl. shipping. Quality, if at all questionable, has no 
relevance here, there is barely any load on them. If they operate 
smoothly leave well alone and do not dismantle the butterfly valves.
Try to get carbs with the proper jetting and chokes. Jets and chokes are 
available but you always need a pack of 4 or 6 and there are a lot of 
different jets in each carb.
I have rebuild many DellOrto's without any problems. Just take your time 
and do one at the time so you have a reference if you get confused. Make 
sure you use the correct O-ring at a given position. There a quite a few 
very small ones that have different dimensions!!

Very good are BCCP in the Netherlands, their work is the best I have 
ever seen but they are bloody expensive :

http://www.bccp.nl/uk/indexgb.htm

Kees Oudesluijs

Tadeusz Malkiewicz schreef op 15-12-2013 22:52:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2014.0.4259 / Virusdatabase: 3658/6922 - datum van uitgifte: 12/15/13

[email-masked]