Subject: [Healeys] Clutch Symptom

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 21:28:13 +1100

G'day

I have an odd symptom with a BJ8 clutch.

It appears to work perfectly when the air/car is cooler such as early
morning, but when it's warmer as it was this afternoon (an Australian
summer) it's sometimes difficult to engage or is notchy. At one stage this
afternoon it refused to engage at all and I could not select any gear. I
waited a minute or two and then it worked perfectly.

I suspect that it's a hydraulic and probably the slave cylinder, but there
does not appear to be any loss of fluid in the reservoir.

Any suggestions?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 21:24:39 +0800

Do you have a BJ8 brake cylinder on the clutch pedal by mistake per chance?

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Patrick & Caroline Quinn <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 14:19:32 +0100

Probably the hose that is connected to the slave cylinder, they collapse when
old.

Best regards, Per

----- Ursprungligt meddelande -----
Fren: Patrick & Caroline Quinn
Skickat: 2013-12-08 13:42
Till: [email-masked]
Dmne: [Healeys] Clutch Symptom

G'day

Any suggestions?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 09:31:16 -0500

The important thing here is the change from cold to hot!!
If there is air in the system it will expand when hot and expel fluid back to
the tank. The result will be the symptoms described.
Also sometimes a dry pilot bush will pick up when hot however, this usually
only occurs with a new installation.
Try bleeding the system and check that the bleed screw is on the top side of
the slave cylinder.

Michael S

-----Original Message-----
From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Sent: b2013-b12-b08 7:40 AM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Clutch Symptom

G'day

Any suggestions?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Frank Magnusson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 20:32:53 -0600

hi Patrick,  when you have this problem, does the clutch pedal move or can you
not push in on the pedal?  I had  a similar problem on my BJ8 for years until
someone suggested it was the clutch hose collapsing on itself.  I replaced
that hose and problem solved.  It was quite awhile ago but if I remember
right, the clutch pedal would not budge at all and I could not select any
gear.  Once it cooled down it worked fine.  Only happened when it was hot.

Frank

Sent from my iPad

[email-masked]