Subject: [Healeys] Weber manifold angle

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 22:15:40 -0800

Hey guys,

Who's running this Redline(Ausie) manifold (Chris Dimmock?) and does the angle
cause any issues. I hear these carbs are very picky about float levels and
such...

ewilkins.com/wilko/healeys/carb_angle.jpg

Thanks,
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "John Rowe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 17:28:28 +1000

I started with this manifold on my RHD BT7. It set the carbs up on an angle
of 16Deg so that it cleared the footwell and fitted under the shroud
(because the manifold is short).Would probably also help on LHD cars.
 The car was never happy at this time so I made some aluminium wedges to
reduce the angle. This also entailed mods to the footwell.
The overhead linkages were very fussy, and in the end I tired of the setup
and retired it to the back of the garage. I then bought longer Denis Welch
manifolds which were 12deg (so they said) but after a couple of years again
had to utilise the wedges and now runs very good. I never had any real
problems with the angle-all I believe it does is alter the fuel level in the
'bowls' which may cause a bit of occasional 'fluffing' on corners.
I did not wish to cut up a good shroud for the inspection area so it can be
a bit of a pain to work on front carb without removal. DW said the manifolds
didn't need support posts but I made some as the runners were longer than
the original manifolds.
Attached find photos of Redline manifold and my present setup which will be
stripped from the list posting

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Wilko2
Sent: Saturday, 4 January 2014 4:16 PM
To: Ahealey help
Subject: [Healeys] Weber manifold angle

Hey guys,

Who's running this Redline(Ausie) manifold (Chris Dimmock?) and does the
angle
cause any issues. I hear these carbs are very picky about float levels and
such...

Thanks,

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of P1040204.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of P1040205.JPG]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Dimmock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 20:42:28 +1100

Hey Wilco,
Yes. I run an original Warnerford triple weber manifold. There are now 2
Warnerford manifolds. The "original" was around 1961 - 2008 or so. There is
now a different one. The "modern" one.
My Warnerford manifold was fitted to my Healey in about 1969.
It had about 15 degrees of manifold angle.
In 1998 when my car was rebuilt, we changed it to about 7 or 8 degrees by
machining both faces.
It's fine. Short manifold = fast throttle response.
I also had a set of patterns for a 1970's replica of a works triple manifold.
I gave this pattern to a good mate, Neil Napier, who made up about 10 sets,
complete with the works type supports. Shorter than the factory one....
I digress...
The "original" 15 degrees Warnerford manifold was fine. Machined to be a 7
degree manifold - perfect.
The new "modern" Warnerford - no idea. Never held one in my hand.
No body work required.  Short = fast throttle response.
No reason or intention of changing.
Email me off list if you are considering one, and I'll give you a couple of
tips...
Best
Chris
Pic here http://www.myaustinhealey.com/austin_healey_3000_pics_enginebay.html

Sent from my iPhone

> On 4 Jan 2014, at 5:15 pm, Wilko2 <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hey guys,
>
>
angle

[email-masked]