Subject: [Healeys] Weber manifold related queries

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 20:04:12 -0000

Hi,

It might not have escaped your collective attention that I'm in the throes
of installing 3 Webers in my 3000. I have yet more questions........

1)      I note that my MKII BT7 (tricarb) has a 3 way breather tube linking
its three, currently fitted, individual inlet manifolds. Furthermore, BMC
attached sufficient thought to this breather business as to actually
increase the size of said breather tube during MKII production. Yet the
manifolds which I've just purchased have no provision for a breather tube.
What do you think?

2)      My car has a factory fitted servo so I need a vacuum feed for that.
The manifold plug hole, pre-drilled in one (only) of the manifolds, is quite
small. How big a pipe does one need to keep the servo happy?

Thank you,

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Chris Dimmock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 00:04:23 +1100

Hi Simon,
Here are my thoughts...
1. I think you mean a balance pipe, which is typically only required when one
carb feeds more than one cylinder.
Triple webers are effectively one throat, via one runner, per cylinder.
Therefore no balance pipe is required. I have never seen a triple weber
manifold for a 6 cylinder engine that has balance pipes between the individual
manifold runners
2. I don't think it matters. Again, most weber manifolds have one hole for
vacuum. Use the one off your SU manifold.
Bonus answer 3.... Before you ask..
You can't have vacuum advance if you have a Lucas distributor with triple
webers, so don't worry about connecting that up....
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

> On 15 Jan 2014, at 7:04 am, "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
wrote:
> ___________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 08:11:51 -0800

The "breather tube" is actually a vacuum manifold that is needed for the S.U.
to control the fuel mixture by raising lowering the needles via those
dashpots. Webers don't work that way, so the tube connecting them isn't
needed.

Rick

On Jan 14, 2014, at 12:04 PM, Simon Lachlan wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]