Subject: [Healeys] Derrington Steering Wheels, Oh my!!!

From: "Mike Lempert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 17:05:04 -0500

Hello Healey listers. I have not participated here in quite some time, but 
every several months I take a peak in a sampling of digests. I just did that 
today and happened to see the Derrington steering wheel discussed. Since 
there was a post where someone pointed folks to a blog of mine on the 
subject, I could ignore, but thought I would address some comments in the 
hope of clearing up understandings. And I should also thank several people 
for the kind commends regarding my work.  I have copied below text from 
three messages that contained errors that I thought I should address.  Since 
list messages have limits in size, I have made that response a blog on my 
site. Please go here for my response: 
http://www.pbase.com/mdlempert/healeylistersblog

Regards,
Mike Lempert

> Regarding someone suggesting the Moto-Lita wheels Moss sells as possibly
> being incorrect, weren't the Moto-Lita wheels period dealer or owner
> installed accessories on the production big Healeys? And who's to say 
> which
> styles - spoke angles, diameters, rivet numbers, etc., the dealers would
> choose to sell back in the day?
--------------------------------
> I checked the Mota Lita sight after my initial email and Derek is correct
> the image of the Derrington Wheel they have on their Web site is a dead
> image of the original wheel with the correct  spoke spacing
>
>  The only discernable difference I could see from the original wheel was 
> the
> number of rivets holding the timber hand grips on the  wheel  have been
> reduced by 6 to 12 rather than the original wheels 18
-------------------------------------
>Mike Lempert's wheels are no doubt very nice but its the Moto Lita  that 
>are
>the accurate  design and representative of the ones used back in the day.
>Moto Lita make many different styles and if people have one that does not
>have the three equally spaced spokes then they have bought the wrong model.
-----------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys