Subject: [Healeys] Engine weight & gearbox weight

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 15:42:31 -0000

Hi,

I am contemplating the removal of my 3000's engine. Probably with gearbox
attached.

Once it's out (hoho), I'll want to put it on an engine stand. Rotating type.

I am not contemplating putting the engine onto any sort of stand before
removing the gearbox.

How much does the engine weigh?

How much does the gear box weigh?

I expect that engine stands come "rated" at/up to a certain max weight.
Isn't a 3000's engine fairly long for its weight? Doesn't this induce a
measure of extra leverage onto the load bearing mount on the stand? Should
one thus go for a higher rating and, if so, what does the collective wisdom
suggest?

I continue to seek for the weights in my manuals but without any luck.

Thank you,

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "J. Scott Morris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 13:06:34 -0800 (PST)

Here you go Simon

Weights of components:	 
     Engine	                        611 lbs (277 kg)
     Gearbox standard	          79.5 lbs (36.227 kg)
     Gearbox with overdrive   117 lbs (52.907 kg)
     Rear axle	        166 lbs (75.454 kg)

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada       - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

--------------------------------------------
On Thu, 1/2/14, Simon Lachlan <[email-masked]> wrote: << Hi,  I am contemplating the removal of my 3000's engine. Probably with gearbox attached.
Once it's out (hoho), I'll want to put it on an engine stand. Rotating type. ...... How much does the engine weigh?   How much does the gear box weigh?  ......>>
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]