Subject: Re: [Healeys] Starter Question

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:57:29 +0800

Yeah, any local auto-electrical rebuilder should be able to rewrap the
starter and rebuild it for you.  These guys do specialty applications and
industrial stuff, so they are set up to deal with stuff like this.  You can
go gear reduction too, honestly they are much better... but my old Lucas
has been serving my BJ8 and BN1 both faithfully for decades without
problems, just slow on the go over.  Of course I'm a obsessive compulsive
on keeping my cars in perfect tune, so the old starters work fine with me.

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Mike Tobin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Got the starter apart as part the take the whole thing a part and star over
> BT7 project.  The wrapping on one of the field coils is gone and the
> attached brush is just dangling.  Guessing I need to do more than just
> solder on a new brush (they're all just nubs).  Do I get the coils
> re-wrapped (where)?  Is it worth it?  I'm thinking of just using this as
> the excuse to get a gear-reduction starter.
> Cheers,
> Mike Tobin
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 03:50:45 -0500

Mike,

BCS sells the cloth tape to rewrap the coil if you want to tackle it 
yourself.  Don't know where you're located; I've had good luck at Stan's 
Auto Electric in Indy for getting Lucas stuff rebuilt.

I'm a bit surprised that the brushes are soldered.  I thought that most 
brushes had a flexible lead with a terminal on the other end that was 
attached with a screw.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php

On 01/13/2014 08:13 PM, Mike Tobin wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]