Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys

From: Kent McLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 16:18:27 -0400

Larry Varley wrote:
> The BN2 with a extra gear in a much heavier gearbox that really
> added no extra performance,

I thought the BN1 had the first gear of a 4-speed gearbox blocked off, 
and that the BN2 used the same gearbox with first unblocked and with 
different ratios.  But that's just from my hazy memory.

--
Kent McLean
'56 BN2
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 13:30:51 -0700

Kent,

No, the BN2 gearbox while it also had its origins as a column shift
transmission was a completely different design.  The BN1 was a one piece
aluminum gearbox housing with an integral bell housing.  The BN2on the
other hand was a separate cast iron gearbox housing and a bolt on aluminum
bell housing.  Then of course the shift patterns as well as the gear ratios
were different.

Cheers,

Curt

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Kent McLean <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I thought the BN1 had the first gear of a 4-speed gearbox blocked off, and
> that the BN2 used the same gearbox with first unblocked and with different
> ratios.  But that's just from my hazy memory.
>
> --
> Kent McLean
> '56 BN2

[email-masked]