Subject: Re: [Healeys] headlights

From: "John Rowe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 10:00:47 +1000

Hi Tom
I run Hella h4 headlights in both my cars.60/55 bulbs, no relays, standard
wiring although new.
The light is fantastic, no need for driving lights. The only negative is
they have a flat glass, not curved, so not politically correct, but I don't
care.
Cheers
John Rowe
Qld Australia
BN1 BT7

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Friday, 1 August 2014 8:59 AM
To: Healey Mail List
Subject: [Healeys] headlights

Hi,

A couple trips home in the dark and the recent lighting issue in the AH club
magazine has gotten my thinking about replacing the headlights in my car.
The PO put about 5000 miles on the car in 20+ years that he owned it, so the
headlights could easily be 30 years old.

There's a lot of discussion in the archives, and I'm more confused than when
I started.

Is there a sealed halogen lamp that's a direct replacement for our U.S.
Healeys?   Something that I could ask for in my local auto parts store?

If I go the H4-aftermarket route, are there any advantages to the H4
conversion?  Will any good-quality 7" H4 assembly work?

thanks,

Tom
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys