Subject: Re: [Healeys] Radiator

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 18:36:26 +0200

Have it recored with a larger capacity core (more tubes and/or more 
rows) and install a thermoswitch (ca. 95C in/87C out) via a relay 
controlled electric fan fitted on the core or at least as close to it as 
you can get, fit a sleeved thermostat with an opening temp. of 82C. Do 
not forget to fit an override switch to the relay so you can also 
manually switch on the fan. The thermoswitch can be fitted in the top 
radiator hose or in the top tank of the radiator.
Remove the old fixed fan.
Fit a radiator cap 7-10psi that seals absolutely airtight on the 
radiator neck and fit an overflow reservoir with the tube from the 
radiator neck ending very near the bottom of the overflow reservoir. 
This way it will suck back coolant that has been expelled through 
expansion of mainly air and some vapour/coolant. This way the cooling 
system will fill up right to the top of the neck. The first few trips 
you will have to fill up the overflow reservoir regularly as fluid from 
it will replace the air in the cooling system.
Use the green or blue organic coolant, not the red or purple inorganic 
stuff as this may be harmful to gaskets and seals of old(er) cars.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Jim Werner schreef op 13-7-2014 15:14:
> My BJ8 is consistantly running warm and since it has been 35 years since I
> last had a radiator repair on this car I think it might be time to upgrade to
> something more modern. What are the list suggestions for recoring or replacing
> and improving cooling?
>
>
>
>
> Jim Werner
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2014.0.4716 / Virusdatabase: 3986/7845 - datum van uitgifte: 07/13/14
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys