Subject: [Healeys] top on BJ7 attachment

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 13:05:09 -0400

Charles,

The top bows on the BJ7 are different than the BJ8.

Instead of the rear bow being just a plain tube as on the BJ8, the BJ7 rear
bow is quite busy.  It has a one-inch "J"-shaped flange welded to it, as well
as three locating brackets to take the removable rear window metal top bar and
the two plated clamp hooks.

The flap you're talking about wraps around this flange and is attached to it
with a row of push-on seat cover clips on the curled-over inside edge.  This
should put the bound top edge of the top window opening just a bit lower than
the rear top bow, enough for the rear window metal bar to tuck up under the
top, into the three locating brackets, snug up with the over-center clamps,
and still keep the rain out.

The clip-in window was changed to the zipper type in April 1963, six months
before the BJ8's introduction.  As well as the rear window change, the BJ8 top
also acquired rain gutters over the side windows.

There are a number of neat things about the BJ7, and one of them is the rear
window being a separate replaceable part without having to buy a whole new
top.

Best
Peter
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys