Subject: [Healeys] Scotland to Italy in 100 part 2

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 18:23:02 +0100

Well, we arrived at our destination in the Val D'Aosta last night! Total
journey so far is about 1000 miles. Since leaving Maidstone in Kent on
Thursday morning, the first highlight was at the ferry port in Dover - it
turns out that the Le Mans Classic was the following weekend, and loads of us
Brits were taking their classics over for the weekend. We chatted to guys in
Triumphs, a Grinell and also saw a Bailey Special that looked prewar. Our
drive down through France was uneventful. However the museum in Mulhouse was
fantastic- my wife asked if there were any Bugattis actually on the road as
there were so many in the museum. I have one photo of Bugattis in french blue
as far as the eye can see. After Mulhouse we stayed at Bartenheim overnight.
It was our wedding anniversary and we celebrated with a wonderful meal and
local bottle of wine. Yesterday we drove from there over the border to
Switzerland. The weather was foul and we were thinking that it was
 not good for the Grand St Bernard Pass. However the sun soon came out so we
decided to go for it. The 100 definitely heated up a bit more than usual. We
also had some fuel evaporation that caused some missing after we had stopped
and restarted.  But overall no problems. On the top we met guys on the Barmy
to Barcelona Wacky Rally. The idea is to get a car that cost less than #300,
decorate the body in something silly and travel from Lille to Barcelona. 
Google it and you will get the picture! ! We have had loads of interest in the
100 all the way so far. We are now staying put in the Val d'aosta for a week
of hill walking so there will be no reports for now. Many thanks for all the
good wishes. We are having a great time

Mike B

Sent from Yahoo Mail on
Android
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys