Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an era

From: Linwood Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:26:21 -0400

John,
You have been such a great resource for all those who own and like Healeys!
You have contributed so much to furthering the cause and enriching the Healey
experience. We are all in your debt.

I have taken advantage of the information on your site more times than I can
imagine. Thank you so much for all that you have done on our behalf!

It is certainly sad to see that you are selling your car, but we are only
stewards of the automobiles. Hopefully it will go to another generation of
owners who will also add to the joy of these great cars.

I wish you all the best!

Lin Rose
AN5
BT7

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 28, 2014, at 8:06 AM, John Sims <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> The time has come. I have decided to put my BN6 on the market. Over the
past
> year I have driven it only a few times due to adverse weather conditions
and
> other interests. And, I am getting a little too old (74) to keep crawling
> under it for repairs the latest of which was to replace the cables from the
> battery to the starter solenoid and from the solenoid to the starter. With
> my arthritis, just lifting the car onto jack stands takes too much effort.
> Anyway, over the next few weeks I will be placing it for sale, first in
club
> magazines and then on eBay. At the same time, I have an extensive library
of
> books - Pikovnik Guide to Historic Colors book, Moment Anderson autographed
> book, etc. as well as many tools such as Whitworth spanners and sockets,
> Pozidriv screwdrivers, various specialized nut removal tools (steering
wheel
> nut, hub nut, etc.) that I will no longer need. These will be listed on my
> web site and then on eBay.
>
>
>
> After the sale, I will continue to manage my web site at least until the
> expiration of the current registration term which will be in June of 2016,
> will monitor the Healey List and will contribute to the Healey Marque
> Magazine. After that time, who knows. If anyone wants to volunteer to run
> the web site and/or contribute articles, let me know.
>
>
>
> I have been a Healey fanatic since 1958 and heavily involved since 1995 and
> have enjoyed every minute of my participation.
>
>
>
> John Sims, BN6
>
> Aberdeen, NJ
>
>
>
> <http://www.healey6.com> www.healey6.com
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 09:00:47 -0400

John,

Let me add my voice to Lin's and I'm sure others to follow.  I can't say
how many times I've looked to your website for answers to technical
questions, Healey history, or just some entertainment.  And it's been my
pleasure to refer so many new enthusiasts to Healey6 when they've had
"newbie" questions.  Perhaps without even realizing it, you've built what I
consider the best online resource for Healey information.  Your dedication
to helping the rest of us in the Healey world is much admired and
appreciated.  It would be a huge loss for that information that you've
collected to disappear from the internet.  Whatever we can do as a
community to keep it going, please let us know.

Again, thanks for all your good work and wishing you the best in the future.

Rick Neville

[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Dimmock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:27:58 +1000

John.
Bloody hell mate!!
I went to sleep very late last night, after watching this young reprobate
Aussie bloke called Dan Riccardo win his 2nd F1 GP. How good was that!!!
A pretty uneventful day in the office, check this arvo on Facebook - and Denis
Welch has died in a race incident at Silverstone.
http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115183
By now, my euphoria from Dan's win is all gone.
Denis Welch died at Silverstone on the weekend. Denis shared his race secrets
with all of us amateurs. And his parts.
Who raced the old Nurburgring, in a Healey? That would be Denis Welch.
Who had 2 wins. A second. And a 3rd. In 4 years?? In a 10 lap race, on a 26 km
track, with 180 cars?. Yes. One Hundred and eighty cars on the grid?
That would be Denis Welch.
RIP Denis.
Now you're leaving us too??
Seriously John?
Too much bad news in one day for me...

> On 28 Jul 2014, at 10:06 pm, "John Sims" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
past
and
> under it for repairs the latest of which was ...
> my arthritis, just lifting the car onto jack stands takes too much ...
> have enjoyed every minute of my participation

[email-masked]

---

From: "Healey Bruce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 11:46:05 -0700

John, thanks for all you've done for the hobby.

Bruce
Brea, CA
1960 BN7

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John Sims
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 5:07 AM
To: Healey List
Subject: [Healeys] End of an era

The time has come. I have decided to put my BN6 on the market. Over the past
year I have driven it only a few times due to adverse weather conditions and
other interests. And, I am getting a little too old (74) to keep crawling
under it for repairs the latest of which was to replace the cables from the
battery to the starter solenoid and from the solenoid to the starter. With
my arthritis, just lifting the car onto jack stands takes too much effort.
Anyway, over the next few weeks I will be placing it for sale, first in club
magazines and then on eBay. At the same time, I have an extensive library of
books - Pikovnik Guide to Historic Colors book, Moment Anderson autographed
book, etc. as well as many tools such as Whitworth spanners and sockets,
Pozidriv screwdrivers, various specialized nut removal tools (steering wheel
nut, hub nut, etc.) that I will no longer need. These will be listed on my
web site and then on eBay.

John Sims, BN6

Aberdeen, NJ

$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 22:20:39 +0200

Hi John,
This is a major set back not only for Austin Healey owners/restorers but 
for all enthusiasts for British cars. As a Landrover and Jensen Healey 
owner I often had a look and copied quite a few sections for reference 
to work on parts of my cars. Also some friends of mine with other UK 
cars used your site quite often.
I hope someone will continue your excellent work.
Cheers,
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

John Sims schreef op 28-7-2014 14:06:
> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums:http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG -www.avg.com
> Versie: 2014.0.4716 / Virusdatabase: 3986/7935 - datum van uitgifte: 07/28/14

[email-masked]

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:32:01 -0600

>> expiration of the current registration term which will be in June of 2016

There is certainly room on the Team.Net server for it, and I'd be willing to take
over the domain so that people's bookmarks won't break.

mjb.

[email-masked]

---

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:09:35 -0400

Just to be clear, I intend to keep managing the site, AND contributing to
it, for as long as my fingers can punch a keyboard. One of the problems that
I have is that the publisher of the program that I use stopped supporting it
almost ten years ago and I have not yet found one that is both as simple and
as elegant as this one. For example, it is true wysiwyg without text boxes
as almost all newer programs force you to use -- most do not even allow you
to change the font or size within the text box. And, I can place photos
wherever I want -- not guided by what the publisher thinks I want. (perhaps
in the boucoup dinero programs that I can't afford) That being said, since
males on my father's side of the family live into their 90's, I may be
around for a long time but without ownership of a Healey. When push comes to
shove, I will allow mark to take the domain over but that will be several
years from now. I have a backlog of about 120 items that I intend to clear
up over the next month or so and after that, it seems as if the well is
running dry as many topics are in the "same old thing" category. I would
however eliminate the page on Cal Berkeley Rugby as I doubt if there are
many in the Healey community who are interested in it (Alan and Skip
excepted)

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mark J
Bradakis
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 4:32 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an era

>> After the sale, I will continue to manage my web site at least until 
>> the expiration of the current registration term which will be in June 
>> of 2016

There is certainly room on the Team.Net server for it, and I'd be willing to
take over the domain so that people's bookmarks won't break.

mjb.
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "SKIP SAUNDERS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 17:29:31 -0400

Go Bears!!!!   ... :-)
Thanks John ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John Sims
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 5:10 PM
To: 'Mark J Bradakis'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] End of an era

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----

mjb.
$12.75

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 06:38:41 +0800

John -

Say it ain't so!  How am I ever going to prove that not all Berkely grads
are freaks of nature without you?!?!

So sorry to hear about your joint problems, you think all these doctors
would've fixed this arthritis thing by now!

Glad you'll still be here for us for some time....

Alan

On Monday, July 28, 2014, John Sims <[email-masked]> wrote:

> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Elton Schulz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:46:05 -0400

John,
Say it's not so!
Elton
On 7/28/2014 8:06 AM, John Sims wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]