Subject: [Healeys] End of an era

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:06:33 -0400

The time has come. I have decided to put my BN6 on the market. Over the past
year I have driven it only a few times due to adverse weather conditions and
other interests. And, I am getting a little too old (74) to keep crawling
under it for repairs the latest of which was to replace the cables from the
battery to the starter solenoid and from the solenoid to the starter. With
my arthritis, just lifting the car onto jack stands takes too much effort.
Anyway, over the next few weeks I will be placing it for sale, first in club
magazines and then on eBay. At the same time, I have an extensive library of
books - Pikovnik Guide to Historic Colors book, Moment Anderson autographed
book, etc. as well as many tools such as Whitworth spanners and sockets,
Pozidriv screwdrivers, various specialized nut removal tools (steering wheel
nut, hub nut, etc.) that I will no longer need. These will be listed on my
web site and then on eBay.

After the sale, I will continue to manage my web site at least until the
expiration of the current registration term which will be in June of 2016,
will monitor the Healey List and will contribute to the Healey Marque
Magazine. After that time, who knows. If anyone wants to volunteer to run
the web site and/or contribute articles, let me know.

I have been a Healey fanatic since 1958 and heavily involved since 1995 and
have enjoyed every minute of my participation. 

John Sims, BN6

Aberdeen, NJ

 <http://www.healey6.com> www.healey6.com
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Tom Morrione <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 12:15:03 -0400

John,

Thank you very very much for all you've done to help those of us who need
help with our cars. Your efforts to consolidate knowledge about so many
aspects of them are really appreciated and I sincerely hope that someone
steps up to carry your work forward.
Tom
65 BJ8  67 Bj8
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Patton Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 15:04:00 -0500

John,

Life has gotten way ahead of the Healey for me over the past couple of
years.  For and for the most part Healey list emails go unread into
this account, waiting until the day I pull the car cover off and
finish the last 15% or so to get my BN4 on the road.  Today, I decided
to read a couple of Healey emails for no particular reason and saw
your "End of an Era" email.

I want to let you know over the years how much your contributions to
the community has meant to many of us.  The collecting and archiving
the combined information coming out of this list has been so very
valuable.   So I just wanted to say thanks!

Hopefully a way to carry on your Helaey work does continue.   If all
else fails, I can take it over to my site as I have free hosting, but
your successor should be someone who continues on with the site as you
built it and continues to grow it.

All the best
Patton Dickson
1957 BN4
Plano, TX

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 9:40 AM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Healey List" <[email-masked]>
> Cc:
> Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:06:33 -0400
> Subject: [Healeys] End of an era

[email-masked]