Subject: [Healeys] Oil Flow

From: Mitch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 11:05:50 +0000 (UTC)

Hello ,
B 
I have recently ...............had my carbs rebuilt (Paltech), installed Kirk
headers, installed a NOS Abarth exhaust, hi-torque starter, Alum. valve cover,
rebuilt radiater, replaced all cooling hoses, rockers rebuilt (rockers
unlimited), 123 ignition (not installed yet), K&N air filters,
etc.etc.........and yes I am about broke :)
B 
I have driven the car (1966 BJ8) about 200 miles..................car ran
decentB  .....but idles a little high (if I tap the throttle shaft between
carbs it idles down....like its sticking)B  I pulled the plugs .....no.1
looked ok but the rest were black ,sooty (rich)B B  ..............so I figured
I would start from scratch and tune/adjust everything...........checked oil it
was about 1/2 quart low?B  ...........so I started by adjusting valvesB  (snug
.012B  cold)B  after adjusting I turned engine over with starter only (all
spark plug out, coil wire disconnected)B  and watched rockers....to my dismay
the oil feed banjo was not tight and leaking a lot............so I replaced
copper sealing washers and finaly got it to seal (I hope)B  ...............MY
QUESTION IS .....when turning the engine over with just the
starterB ........B  how much oil should I be seeingB flowing??B B B 
.......what I see is ....little to no oil coming out the top of rockers,B  lot
of oil running down a couple of the push rods, there is oil directly under the
rocker shaft its whole length.....could the rocker assembly been damaged in
200 miles...........please advise ...............I am using Brad Penn 20w /50w
B 
B 
THANKS
Mitch
B 
B 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys