Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 vin plate location

From: "Craig Rice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 01:54:15 -0400 TAG_LEVEL=1000.0 QUARANTINE_LEVEL=1000.0 KILL_LEVEL=4.5 tests=BSF_SC0_MISMATCH_TO, STOX_REPLY_TYPE breakdown below pts rule name description ---- ---------------------- -------------------------------------------------- 0.00 STOX_REPLY_TYPE STOX_REPLY_TYPE 0.00 BSF_SC0_MISMATCH_TO Envelope rcpt doesn't match header

Gary,

It appears you now have good info as to location of the BN1 plastic ID 
plate. If you want absolute location, look for marks left by the four screws 
on the metal frame behind the left kick panel. These marks were made at the 
factory when the ID plate was fastened to the kick panel. I have seen 
several BN1's with these screw marks.

Craig Rice
BN1 & BN2
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:09 AM
Subject: [Healeys] BN1 vin plate location

>I am preparing to have my early BN1, which is complete, but disassembled,
> shipped from Canada to the USA. I plan to apply for a "non-highway" title 
> in
> the state of Kansas when it arrives. I have the plastic ID (VIN) plate 
> which I
> understands goes somewhere inside the passenger compartment. Is there a 
> clear
> photo documentation available showing the location of this plate? Also, I 
> do
> not recall reading about this particular plate in any of the Healey books, 
> but
> I could have easily forgotten about that reference. If there is such a
> reference I would appreciate knowing where to look.
> Thanks,
> Gary H
> _______________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 12:15:16 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you to everyone who replied to my inquiry concerning the BN1 data
location. I do have everything I need now & the photos were worth a thousand
words! I am anxious to actually see my BN1 which is currently disassembled &
in Canada. I am trying to make sure I have all the bases covered when trying
to leave Canada with a trailer full of car parts, entering the USA with a
trailer full of car parts & finally trying to title a 1953 BN1 (which looks
like a pile of car parts) in Kansas.

Gary Hodson

From: Craig Rice

Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 vin plate location

Gary,

on the metal frame behind the left kick panel.

[email-masked]

---

From: "David Nock BCS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 08:50:37 -0700

We have just recently received the early plastic vin plates new.

David Nock
British Car Specialists
209-948-8767
www.britishcarspecialists.com
-----Original Message----- 
From: Craig Rice
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Healey List
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 vin plate location

Gary,

Craig Rice
BN1 & BN2
----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:09 AM
Subject: [Healeys] BN1 vin plate location

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "John Sims" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 10:33:29 -0400

According to the Anderson Moment book, it was located on the outboard panel
of the left hand side foot box.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] BN1 vin plate location

I am preparing to have my early BN1, which is complete, but disassembled,
shipped from Canada to the USA. I plan to apply for a "non-highway" title in
the state of Kansas when it arrives. I have the plastic ID (VIN) plate which
I understands goes somewhere inside the passenger compartment. Is there a
clear photo documentation available showing the location of this plate?
Also, I do not recall reading about this particular plate in any of the
Healey books, but I could have easily forgotten about that reference. If
there is such a reference I would appreciate knowing where to look.
Thanks,
Gary H
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 12:54:12 -0400

Gary, on the road today but should be able to send good photo of placement
tonight.

Randy

> On Jul 19, 2014, at 10:33 AM, "John Sims" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
in
> the state of Kansas when it arrives. I have the plastic ID (VIN) plate
which
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]