Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Large oil consumption

From: "Niels Bengaard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 11:17:51 +0200

Hi

Just returned from a trip from Denmark to England in my BJ8. I will write a
story about that later, it was great.

There were no problems with the car except for large oil consumption and oil
spillage.

The undercarriage was covered in oil and the oil consumption was from max to
min on the oil stick in 250 miles.

I have an idea that it's the rocker assembly that's worn down, take a look
at the videos.

Also some leak from the rear axle, since there were oil under the rear seats
and the rear exhaust system.

What about the leak around the engine / gearbox?

The engine is restored 10000 miles ago by previous owner, don't know the
extent, except it should have been rebored with new pistons and Denis Welch
oil pump. New type of seal on the crank and head made to lead free fuel.

http://healey.850r.dk/albums/Picture%20Album/album/Oil%20Consumption%202014/
index.html

What is normal oil consumption?

Hope you have some ideas

Niels Bengaard, Denmark
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys