Subject: [Healeys] How could this be?

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 10:41:03 -0700

Was ready complaints about JiffyLube and came across this complaint. How
could the "wrong" oil destroy an engine?

[2102] *April in Hurst, TX  Wrong Oil Destroys Engine*
My wife recently took her Dodge Charger to Jiffy Lube in Hurst TX for an
oil change.  The oil was changed and my wife went on her way.  Later in the
day she double checked her receipt and noted the wrong oil was indicated.
She took the car back immediately and Jiffy Lube admitted it was the wrong
oil and agreed to change it.  Immediately upon start up by the tech
performing the oil change, the engine sounded horrible and wouldn't
continue to idle.  My wife called me and I went to the shop.  I asked them
to leave the car alone and not try further to get it to run.  I didn't need
to hear it.  The manager and I went to the office to discuss next steps.
During our discussion I hear them out in the shop trying to start the
engine again.  To make a long story short, the car was towed to the dealer
and disassembled.  It's going to cost 10k to replace it (it's destroyed)
and Jiffy Lubes insurance company Zurich is denying any claim for damages.
Ira Erbs
IT Teacher
and Consultant
Portland, OR

bMoney may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a Jaguar than on a
bus.b
b FranC'oise Sagan
<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1357577.Fran_oise_Sagan>
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys