Subject: Re: [Healeys] 26C Engines

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 07:51:06 +0100

Peter

Thanks, that is a very interesting photo. Particularly the light coloured
gearbox attached to the dark green engine. I have been asked whether any
100-Sixes with Morris Green engines could have had normal green gearboxes
attached to them. It seems from the photo that might have been possible

Derek

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 9:43 PM, Peter Svilans <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>  Hi Derek,
>
> Don't know about the "C" designation.  Maybe a low-compression A-95
> Westminster engine for different fuels in South African CKD cars ?
>
> Here's a publicity shot taken at the new Longbridge plant in the early
> fifties.  It shows rows and rows of engines hanging from conveyors.  Most
> are without, but some have gearboxes fitted.  Note engine colours:  most
> are dark (Morris Green ?) but some are a light colour. Mix of two and
> four-blade fans, some are a light colour (not red, which shows up dark),
> and there are "propeller" style cast fans also. Gearboxes are unpainted.
>
> Peter
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys