Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive - Still

From: R. Price Lindsay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 18:23:30 -0400

I am still having trouble making my OD work properly.  I can move the leaver
on the right side of the OD by hand and engage OD.  I followed the
instructions in the manual to test the pump and when I took the operating
valve out and engaged OD there was oil coming out.  I reluctantly think the
hydraulic operation is OK but I don't have a way of testing the pressure.  So,
maybe it's not.

Electrically all the parts seem to work fine.  I've replaced the switch on the
transmission, just to be sure.  I hear the solenoid click when I throw the
dash switch and when I turn the dash switch to the off position and depress
the accelerator, I hear the solenoid disengage.  I'm not sure how far the
solenoid should move the lever on the left/right side of the OD nor how to
properly set it.  I bought a new solenoid thinking mine was not moving far
enough but the new one lifts about the same distance as the old one.

So, my questions are: 1. How far should the solenoid plunger lift the lever?
Should the lift be 1/2" or a smaller amount (I moved the lever on the right by
hand what seemed like 3/8 to 1/2 inch to engage OD)?  2. How do you properly
set the plunger/lever setting? and 3. How much oil should be coming out of the
operating valve? Should it be a "gusher" or just a continuous stream (maybe
the pump is bad)?

I'm hoping it's just adjustments but any help someone can give me would be
greatly appreciated!!  Thank you in advance

Price Lindsay
67 BJ8
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys