Subject: [Healeys] 26C engines

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:25:59 -0400

Hi Andy

Thanks for that valuable insight into the early sixes.  The pictures are
fantastic !  Some apprentice must've been told to run around and make sure all
the fans are horizontal for the picture.  The one shot of a single motor
before receiving its paint is particularly interesting.  It shows how much of
it was assembled prior to painting.  Looks as if the carbs just had a rag
thrown over them, fanbeltand hoses just painted over.  Tappet chest covers
look pre-painted engine colour.

My b&w picture was taken not long after the completion of the new Car Assembly
Building 1 (1951) at Longbridge, and is part of an album of 8 x 10 glossies
taken for publicity purposes.  As such, it shows only four cylinder motors,
but gives an idea of how the engines looked and how they were handled. More
pics:
http://www.austinmemories.com/page62/page62.html

Again, thanks for your valuable input.

Peter

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Longbridge engine line0190.jpg]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys