Subject: [Healeys] 1959 100-6

From: "Chris Scholz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:57:31 -0500

Greetings,

It appears my current engine in my 100-6 needs an overhaul. I have the
original numbers matching engine in my shed with a broken rod. I plan on
having that original engine fully overhauled and the rear seal installed, and
will be selling the other as a core. The car is in good shape but the engine
bay is the wrong color, along with the frame, inside of trunk, etc.

My son and I would like to keep the car this winter in my heated shed and work
on it while my mechanic overhauls the engine. I would like to strip the engine
bay and repaint it the same color as the outside (old English white) and
remove the fenders and repaint the frame. The frame is in great shape along
with the suspension. This appears to have had a restoration somewhere in the
past.

My body man will be painting the rear fenders and putting everything back
together. My questions are:  how easy is it to remove the fenders and
windshield?  Which rust inhibitor do most professionals spray before painting?

Although this is new to my son and I, we would like to do as much work as
possible ourselves while the engine is being rebuilt.

Sent from my iPhone
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys