Subject: [Healeys] Lock clips?

From: Fred Wescoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:31:30 -0400

I had to replace a universal joint on my BJ7 and when I removed the locking
clips, on the drive flange bolts, the locking ears broke off.

I have been looking all over the net for a source and so far I have not
been able to locate anything, including the correct name of what I am
looking for.

I ordered part "# 12-539, washer" from Victoria British but no one there
was able to confirm if this "washer" was the locking tab type that I need.
Moss does not list themas far as I can tell nor does LBC.

Does anyone have a source for these clips/washers or at least the correct
name for them?

Or, should I simply use nuts and lock washer with lock tight or the nylon
lock nuts or use double nuts on the bolts?

Thanks in advance,

Fred
63 BJ7
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys