Subject: [Healeys] Retractable safetybelts

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:23:26 -0400

Berry,

I fitted a set for a customer, which sat on a heavy 10-gauge steel plate
bolted to the wheelarch at the normal fixed belt location. The plate was about
4" wide x 10" tall (can't remember exactly, just enough to clear the folding
backrest), plus the width of the mechanism,  bent 90 degrees towards the
inside of the car to provide a platform for the MGB retractors.

Best
Peter
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:17:17 -0700 (PDT)

Barry,
I have been thinking along the same lines and took some pictures of three point installations at the Bend meet. I should have talked to some of the owners, but didn't. I would like to know if the package shelf is able to be unfolded past the "stock" three point belt bracket. If it can, then mounting the retractable mechanism down by the suspension radius arm box as I saw on some of the cars would probably work. 
Ken Freese

----- Original Message -----
From: "Berry Mensen" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 8:53:10 AM
Subject: [Healeys] Retractable safetybelts

Hi,

I was contemplating to install *Retractable safetybelts in my BJ8.*

*The problem (of course you know of this, listers) is the foldable
backrest.*

*Has anyone devellopped a system to install one and avoiding the
complication*
*of cutting into the backrest?*

*Thanks for your help*

*Berry *
*BJ8 35197*

[email-masked]

[email-masked]