Subject: Re: [Healeys] nasty boy trivia

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 16:46:59 -0400

How about this?

http://www.carnut.ca/images/carinfo/Carinfo_blank.html

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php

On 07/27/2014 04:27 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> I am reading John Morton's book on recollections of the Shelby shop in the early days. Mechanic Ted Sutton was given the task of putting the first 427 into a 289 Cobra because Ted had put a Ford 289 into a Healey and impressed Phil Remington with the neat job. The book doesn't say if Ted had a 100 or 3000. If someone can trace their nasty boy back to Ted Sutton, that would be neat.
> Ken Freese
> 65 BJ8
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 19:45:22 -0400

Very interesting.  Thanks for the link.  A couple of months ago I read a
comment on Bring a Trailer about a Shelby modified Healey (the commenter
described it as a 100-6).  I had read the stories of Carroll Shelby
approaching DMH to put a Chevy motor into the Healey, but the idea was
nixed by BMC and Chevrolet after which Shelby went to Ford and AC.  I
thought the BaT commenter might have confused this story with the Ford in a
Healey story and asked on the Modified Healey list if anyone had heard of a
Shelby-Healey, which no one had.  Anyway, this confirms the Shelby-Healey
story.  I see the link was from 2011 with a promise to write the full story
of the car, which I'd love to see, but assume it wasn't written.  The small
block Ford installation in a Healey looks very natural and doesn't require
a lot of cutting (just some narrowing of the footboxes)  I'm off to spread
this to the Nasty Boy guys.

Rick

"Madman in a death machine"
Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> I am reading John Morton's book on recollections of the Shelby shop in
>> the early days. Mechanic Ted Sutton was given the task of putting the first
>> 427 into a 289 Cobra because Ted had put a Ford 289 into a Healey and
>> impressed Phil Remington with the neat job. The book doesn't say if Ted had
>> a 100 or 3000. If someone can trace their nasty boy back to Ted Sutton,
>> that would be neat.
>> Ken Freese
>> 65 BJ8

[email-masked]

---

From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:13:41 -0700

I believe there is at least 1 MGA that was converted by the Shelby group as
well.

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting Services, LLC
702.882.6711

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
HealeyRick
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:45 PM
Cc: healeys
Subject: Re: [Healeys] nasty boy trivia

Very interesting.  Thanks for the link.  A couple of months ago I read a
comment on Bring a Trailer about a Shelby modified Healey (the commenter
described it as a 100-6).  I had read the stories of Carroll Shelby
approaching DMH to put a Chevy motor into the Healey, but the idea was nixed
by BMC and Chevrolet after which Shelby went to Ford and AC.  I thought the
BaT commenter might have confused this story with the Ford in a Healey story
and asked on the Modified Healey list if anyone had heard of a
Shelby-Healey, which no one had.  Anyway, this confirms the Shelby-Healey
story.  I see the link was from 2011 with a promise to write the full story
of the car, which I'd love to see, but assume it wasn't written.  The small
block Ford installation in a Healey looks very natural and doesn't require a
lot of cutting (just some narrowing of the footboxes)  I'm off to spread
this to the Nasty Boy guys.

Rick

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> I am reading John Morton's book on recollections of the Shelby shop 
>> in the early days. Mechanic Ted Sutton was given the task of putting 
>> the first
>> impressed Phil Remington with the neat job. The book doesn't say if 
>> Ted had a 100 or 3000. If someone can trace their nasty boy back to 
>> Ted Sutton, that would be neat.
>> Ken Freese
>> 65 BJ8
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]