Subject: Re: [Healeys] Monterey Auctions

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:29:45 -0400

Yes, I watched it.

Anyone want to buy one?  :-)

Randy
'62 BN7 tri-carb w/factory hardtop

On Aug 19, 2014, at 11:19 AM, Steven Kingsbury wrote:

> Can you believe this? Gooding and Companyo;?
>
http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/1962-austin-healey-3000-mk-ii-bn7-tri-carb/#
> tab1
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:29:51 -0700

I had a chance to buy one once for $750.00 with factory hardtop. It
ran....I could not raise the money.

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
IT Educator and Consultant
sent from my smartphone. what you get, May not be what I meant to send
On Aug 19, 2014 8:19 AM, "Steven Kingsbury" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:31:40 -0700

I'd sell mine as a driver for half that price.  Anyone interested?

Ron
Mitchell
62BN7 TriCarb.

On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:30 AM, Randy Hicks
<[email-masked]> wrote:

Yes, I watched it.

Anyone want to buy one? 
:-)

Randy

On Aug 19, 2014, at 11:19 AM,

> Support Team.Net
> Archive:
[email-masked]
Archive:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:15:25 -0700

This is a friend of mine that built this car.  He seems to find all the
significant cars out there.  He has restored four documented 100M cars to
date.  He really knows the auction market and what will sell.  This car is not
the original color, but look what price it brought.  I don't feel so bad about
painting mine in a Volkswagen color now!  

Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

On
Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:30 AM, I Erbs <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I
had a chance to buy one once for $750.00 with factory hardtop. It
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:01:19 +1000

G'day

I keep a close eye on the auction lists and while I agree that US$200K plus
is a lot to pay for BN7 Mk2 especially when it's a long way from original.

Personally I wouldn't buy any Austin-Healey that's painted in a metallic
grey over red, but then again I don't frequent such auctions as a buyer.

However I have attended such auctions and have found the atmosphere at such
events to be charged with excitement and expectation. People go there to see
the Ferraris bring the many millions that they are currently bringing. Some
are genuine enthusiasts while many are investors who know that $$ spent
today will be worth $$$$ tomorrow. Such cars are restored in attractive
colours that appeal to the investor, not the knowledgeable enthusiast.

The excitement at such auctions is palpable and $200K to an investor, who
has just spent some millions of an exotica is really small change. However
that person knows that properly maintained that same AH when offered at the
same form of auction a year or two down the track will be worth $250K which
is a return of 25% return over two years. Not a bad investment if you just
look at the figures, plus while I don't know what it's like where you are,
it's tax free in this country.

That car would have not been bought by an Austin-Healey enthusiast, but an
investor. Later it will be sold and depending on where the greatest return
at the time the $$$$ may go into wines, paintings or even Scotch whisky.

We have to face the fact that Healeys and Austin-Healeys are very much in
the food chain of international investment objects.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia 

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tom Felts
Sent: Wednesday, 20 August 2014 8:58 AM
To: Steven Kingsbury; Randy Hicks
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Monterey Auctions

they are going crazy!  A 66 E-Type OTS just sold at auction for very close
to $300K-------CRAZY.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:22:27 +0100

In 1989 V12 E-Types were selling for over B#100,000.

Pitifully low interest rates have led investors to seek other options. This
will reverse when interest rates rise over the next 5 years. I think
Healeys of this type are exactly the sort of car that could lose somebody a
lot of money.

Derek

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 1:01 AM, Patrick & Caroline Quinn <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]