Subject: Re: [Healeys] Suspension components paint color

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 09:24:34 -0700

Lin,

Would have been gloss black originally, which over time dulled.

Roger Moment uses "Cardinal" brand powder coating on his suspension as do
I, however Roger uses their 80% gloss black, while I prefer their 60% gloss
black.

Curt
Concours Committee

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 5:25 AM, Linwood Rose <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I went through all of this when I restored my BT7, but just to verify for a
> friend who is now doing a restoration, are these pieces painted gloss
> black or
> satin black? I think satin is the correct answer, but validation is nice. I
> checked the judging guidelines and unless I missed something the guidelines
> just say black.
> Thanks.
>
> Lin
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Linwood Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 13:59:58 -0400

Thank you Curt and Roland! I appreciate the quick response.
Cheers,
Lin

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 7, 2014, at 12:24 PM, Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Lin,
>
> Roger Moment uses "Cardinal" brand powder coating on his suspension as do I,
however Roger uses their 80% gloss black, while I prefer their 60% gloss
black.
>> friend who is now doing a restoration, are these pieces painted gloss black
or

[email-masked]

---

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 07:50:22 +1000

G'day Lin

I have just redone the suspension on the BN3 in satin black, however I will
say that when I first did it during the late 1970s the original colour was
metallic green, but I painted the lot in gloss black.

I read something recently as to how the suspension components were painted
originally. Well they weren't painted but dipped into containers of black
paint that also contained water or some other liquid. The paint being oil
based would float on top of the water and the after dipping the paint would
adhere to the part. I tried that but the result was a little less than I
liked.

Of course we all know that our restorations are to a standard that's way
above what the cars were like when they were new.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Linwood
Rose
Sent: Thursday, 7 August 2014 10:25 PM
To: Healey List
Subject: [Healeys] Suspension components paint color

I went through all of this when I restored my BT7, but just to verify for a
friend who is now doing a restoration, are these pieces painted gloss black
or satin black? I think satin is the correct answer, but validation is nice.
I checked the judging guidelines and unless I missed something the
guidelines just say black.
Thanks.

Lin
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Linwood Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 21:14:27 -0400

Thanks, Patrick!
Lin

[email-masked]