Subject: [Healeys] Frozen in Place Engine - 1961 BT7

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 17:52:35 -0700

Listers,

I would greatly appreciate any wisdom from you listers to enable me to
unfreeze a stuck engine.  There is no apparent mechanical problem other
than friction to overcome internally, as far as I can tell.  The engine
has not been rotated for several years, which is my fault.  I have poured
in small amounts of a concoction of marvel mystery oil, WD 40, kerosene
and mineral oil through the open spark plug holes and am currently
waiting about a week to see if I can break the friction free by turning
the crank nut using a socket and big breaker bar.  I think that I can
also apply moderate judicious force against the large gear teeth adjacent
to the starter motor which is currently removed, to help rotate the
crank.  Other that, I have no other current options yet devised.  And
yes, the transmission is in the neutral position.

I have also thought about using compressed air pressure against the
pistons to possibly drive the rod down to aid in rotating the crank, but
so far, it is just a guess. 

Thank you for any and all suggestions,

Bob in Bellflower,  CA.

____________________________________________________________
Want to place your ad here?
Advertise on United Online
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/53f14e6e2eb054e6e30edst03vuc
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys