Subject: [Healeys] Leather bonnet strap

From: "Andy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 17:51:37 +0100

Many of the Works / Warwick prepared cars had a leather security strap
placed at the front centre of the bonnet.  From the images I have seen most
had the buckle attached to the bonnet and the strap secured on the shroud
under the front badge.  

With more specific reference to the cars prepared for Sebring, I am trying
to find out:

a.       Was the buckle part attached to the bonnet in front of the air
grille or behind?

b.      I notice from pics that some cars had no bonnet air grille (KNX)
just plain bonnet with an open gap, and some (FAC's) appear to have either a
chrome top strip / cowl or the standard vertical slatted grille, but from
the pictures I have it isn't too clear.

Any help in clarifying this would be most welcome.

Andy
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 10:26:24 -0700

Hey there Andy.

Here's a pic that shows it attached in front of the air scoop. Some clearly
show a small plate screwed down that is actually on top of the chrome trim.

Pic attached for andy, link is here:
ewilkins.com/wilko/healeys/center_strap_healeys.jpg

Rick Wilkins
Wilko

[email-masked]