Subject: [Healeys] rally gear shift knob with OD switch

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 19:35:12 -0400

Listers,

I assume that when fitting a gear shift knob with an OD switch that you 
have to run the wires from the new switch back to the old switch on the 
dash.  Otherwise, if you connected the new switch in front of the 
gearbox switch, you'd have to jumper the two leads at the old switch 
together to energize the relay to get power to the lead going to the OD. 
  The relay would be energized all the time; bypassing the relay and the 
throttle switch would give the same, but not necessarily desirable 
result. Right?

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: richard mayor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 00:31:59 +0000

The point of having the OD switch on the gear shift knob in the rallye or race
cars is because in competition you want quick gear changes. Competition cars
do not use the throttle kick down linkage. Competiton cars use the larger
piston and stronger springs in the OD. When flipping the switch, you either
use the clutch or lift off the loud pedal, depending on whether you are
shifting up or down.

> Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 19:35:12 -0400
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Healeys] rally gear shift knob with OD switch
>
> Listers,
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]