Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive wiring confusion

From: Brian Drab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 13:50:36 -0700

My overdrive just stopped working the other day. It worked fine when I
parked the car (BJ8) and about an hour later when we drove off it wouldn't
go into OD.

I'm planning on checking all of the electrical before I go any deeper but
have run into a confusing situation. 

I went to John Simms site and got an excellent troubleshooting program of
it. There in is the problem. On his wiring diagram, it shows the OD relay
and it's connections. On the diagram it shows the ground going to W2  and
the W1 terminal going to the dash switch and the throttle switch. 

In the shop manual and other sources, it shows the W1 connection going to
ground and the W2 terminal being used for the dash switch and the throttle
switch in other words exactly backwards.

I really tend to believe the shop manual but would like to know if anyone
else has noticed this or experienced any problems with this.

Brian Drab

Vancouver BC
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys