Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dual-Throat S.U's

From: "David Nock BCS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 14:34:28 -0700

We have a pair of these here that have been rebuilt and were used on a MGA 
Twin cam race car. If anyone is interested the owner is not going to be 
selling them.

David Nock
British Car Specialists
209-948-8767
www.britishcarspecialists.com

-----Original Message----- 
From: Patrick & Caroline Quinn
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:05 PM
To: 'Peter Svilans' ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dual-Throat S.U's

G'day

Some years back I interviewed a gentleman by the name of Bill Bressington
who was the proprietor of SU Midel here in Australia
(http://www.sumidel.com) During the course of the interview I asked him
about the DU6 that were once fitted to my car and he said that he could make
me a set at around $2,000 per carburettor. I just laughed as it was way past
my budget. Sadly Bill is no longer with us buy his sons Adam and Grant are
now at the helm of SU Midel.

I have seen DU6 carbs on Coventry Climax FPF engines right up to the 2.5
litre versions that were made here in Australia by Repco and used in the
early years of the Tasman Series ('64 -'69), prior to the 2.5 litre Repco
V8, Ford DFV, BRM engines coming on stream. However the prettiest
application I have seen was on a 1935 Riley Imp.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Peter
Svilans
Sent: Thursday, 31 July 2014 10:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Dual-Throat S.U's

The S.U. dual throat carbs, called DU6, or AUC 844, were only ever 1 3/4",
and there is only one "official" listing for them in the S.U. Applications
List for 1965, which covers many hundreds of cars back to prewar. This is
the Coventry-Climax F1 car with the F.P.F engine in the 1,500cc size
(1958-1961).
Of course the carbs would have had other special applications.

Scroll down four pics:
http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/101968/101-on-su-carbs#.U9mKBaPG-So

....and here:
http://www.spridgetmania.com/msgThread/107976/1/1/SPLITTING_TWIN_SU

Peter
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys