Subject: [Healeys] Webers surgery for MkII BT7

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:30:04 +0100

Some clown has backed into the front of my 3000. He did with sufficient
force and persistence - he kept shoving backwards despite the cars being
locked together - that I shall have to have a lot of work done to the front
end. Spraying from windscreen forwards..............

The repair/sprayer man was going to be spraying my engine compartment and
doing the bodywork associated with putting in a "modified pedal box" in
order to create more clearance for the rearmost weber 45. Seems like we
should combine the jobs.

Does anyone have any pics of this procedure? And/or advice & tips...?

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:59:25 -0400

Sorry for your damage, Simon.  Sounds like you got Seinfelded.
http://pagesix.com/2014/08/19/jerry-seinfeld-unleashes-road-rage-in-hamptons/
Can't help with the Weber body mods but it brings to mind a guy I knew in
college who had similar damage to his Healey.  The body guy built a flat
panel that extended from the edge of the bonnet to the stainless fender
strip.  The panel extended from the back edge of the bonnet to close to the
front of the bonnet.  What it did was turn the whole covered area into an
air scoop.  It actually looked quite good although my description doesn't
make it sound so.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 6:30 AM, Simon Lachlan <[email-masked]
> wrote:

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 17:44:33 +0100

I think the simplest solution is to buy the bracing part from DW. I think I
mentioned this before and they told you they don't sell it, but they do. Or
at least they did 18 months ago.

Also you might consider cutting out the piece of the shroud that allows
better access to the Webers. It's not absolutely necessary but does make it
easier to remove filters.

Sorry to hear about your car, hopefully he is paying for the repairs.

Derek

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Simon Lachlan <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]