Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: Re: dynamo alternator conversion

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:14:45 +0200

The ad lists a more or less automated listing. If the alternator fits 
Triumph, MG, Morris/Austin Mini and many other UK cars it will also fit 
a neg. earth equipped AH big or small. There is nothing special about 
the dynamo fitted to an AH.
Kees Oudesluijs NL

DAVID WITTMER schreef op 30-8-2014 2:36: > It says that it doesn't fit 
an Austin Healey! > > Sent from my iPhone DRW > > >> On Aug 29, 2014, at 
1:07 PM, "Oudesluys" <[email-masked]> wrote: >> >> A new 
alternator that looks like and replaces the dynamo. It also has a huge 
(all things are relative) increase in power output. >> >> 
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=311066377185&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:GB:1123 
 >> >> No ties, financial or otherwise etc. >> >> Kees Oudesluijs >> NL 
 >> _______________________________________________ >> Support Team.Net 
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive >> Forums: 
http://www.team.net/forums >> >> [email-masked] >> 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys >> >> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] >> > > 
----- > Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht. > Gecontroleerd door AVG - 
www.avg.com > Versie: 2014.0.4745 / Virusdatabase: 4015/8122 - datum van 
uitgifte: 08/29/14 > > >
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 07:48:50 -0700

The problem with the Healey and the alternator kits the mounting for the
alternator.

> The ad lists a more or less automated listing. If the alternator fits
Triumph, MG, Morris/Austin Mini and many other UK cars it will also fit a neg.
earth equipped AH big or small. There is nothing special about the dynamo
fitted to an AH.
> Kees Oudesluijs NL
>
>
> DAVID WITTMER schreef op 30-8-2014 2:36: > It says that it doesn't fit an
Austin Healey! > > Sent from my iPhone DRW > > >> On Aug 29, 2014, at 1:07 PM,
"Oudesluys" <[email-masked]> wrote: >> >> A new alternator that looks
like and replaces the dynamo. It also has a huge (all things are relative)
increase in power output. >> >>
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=311066377185&ssPageName=
ADME:B:FSEL:GB:1123 >> >> No ties, financial or otherwise etc. >> >> Kees
Oudesluijs >> NL >> _______________________________________________ >> Support
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html >> Suggested annual donation $12.75
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive >> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>> >> [email-masked] >> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>> >> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] >> > > ----- >
Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht. > Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com >
Versie: 2014.0.4745 / Virusdatabase: 4015/8122 - datum van uitgifte: 08/29/14
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 17:27:37 +0200

These special alternators have the appearance and external dimensions of 
the original dynamo. All you may need is some longer bolts and spacer 
rings to line up the pulley with the crankshaft and water pump pulleys.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Wilko2 schreef op 30-8-2014 16:48:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2014.0.4745 / Virusdatabase: 4015/8125 - datum van uitgifte: 08/29/14

[email-masked]

---

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 18:14:53 +0100

I bought a Lucas 17ACR for #17:50 on eBay. I also bought a rebuild kit and,
effectively, had myself a a new alternator. No, it doesn't look much like a
generator, but no....it does look/is fairly "period" in its appearance.
Fitting it was painstaking but simple. It puts out +/- 40 amps. I'd say that
the most demanding aspect was relocating the coil.
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Wilko2
Sent: 30 August 2014 15:49
Cc: 4 - Healeys
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fwd: Re: dynamo alternator conversion

> The ad lists a more or less automated listing. If the alternator fits
Triumph, MG, Morris/Austin Mini and many other UK cars it will also fit a
neg.
earth equipped AH big or small. There is nothing special about the dynamo
fitted to an AH.
> an
Austin Healey! > > Sent from my iPhone DRW > > >> On Aug 29, 2014, at 1:07
PM, "Oudesluys" <[email-masked]> wrote: >> >> A new alternator that
looks like and replaces the dynamo. It also has a huge (all things are
relative) increase in power output. >> >>
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=311066377185&ssPageName
=
ADME:B:FSEL:GB:1123 >> >> No ties, financial or otherwise etc. >> >> Kees
Oudesluijs >> NL >> _______________________________________________ >>
donation $12.75
>> http://www.team.net/forums
>> >> [email-masked] >>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] >> > > -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht. > Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
>
Versie: 2014.0.4745 / Virusdatabase: 4015/8122 - datum van uitgifte:
08/29/14
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual
> donation  $12.75
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 19:27:49 +0200

The Lucas 15ACR and 17ACR were the norm more or less in the 70's and 
were used even after that. The 17ACR is rated 36Amps. You can buy NOS 
17ACR's or new replacements (100 something) for less than GBP50. Very 
easy to service and plenty of parts available. The AC-Delco equivalent 
(as on many 70's Vauxhalls) seems to be more reliable. Harder to find an 
more expensive.
However these are not the generator look-a-like alternators we are 
talking about.

Kees Oudesluijs

Simon Lachlan schreef op 30-8-2014 19:14:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html >> Suggested annual
> donation $12.75
> Versie: 2014.0.4745 / Virusdatabase: 4015/8127 - datum van uitgifte: 08/30/14

[email-masked]