Subject: [Healeys] windshield

From: "Reinhart Rosner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 17:18:48 +0200

The weatherseal at the bottom of the windshield assembly on my 100 is torn
at the sides. So I wanted to change it. And at the bottom of the windshield
sometimes a little water finds its way between the glass and the frame. So
change that at the same time.

As one of the past owners did not use a rubber seal but did put silicone
between frame and glass, it was very hard to separate frame and glass. I
just finished the bottom side.

My questions:

Any hints to clean the frame and the glass from silicone?

How is the upper part of the assembly taken apart? I only find some rivets
on the top of the frame. Do I have to drill them out? Are these standard
rivets or is there any special piece required?

Any hints on reassembly? Especially for the rubber parts?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Reinhart

 

Reinhart Rosner

55 100 BN 1

Vienna - Austria
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys