Subject: [Healeys] Boot handle attachment

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 10:45:55 -0400

Struggling to figure out the fasteners used to attach the boot handle.
The "Concours Guidelines" for the 100 states that:
"The boot lid handle was attached to the boot lid by 2 flat washers, 2-cup
washers and 2 slotted round head screws (in that order). Another slotted
round head screw is used to hold the locking handle square shaft to the
boot lock packing plate."
Regarding the fasteners securing the escutcheon to the lid I presume that
the ID of the flat washers was a little over 5/16" to allow the threaded
boss on the handle escutcheon to pass through the washer. Would appreciate
someone confirming that for me.
My recollection on 6 cylinder cars is that there was no flat washer and a
3/16"  spring washer was used between the cup washer and the head of a pan
head Phillips screw. (I can appreciate that the 100s would have used slot
screws).
Does anyone have a known original 100 that they can check for this.
Regarding the fastener used in the end of the square shaft again I'm pretty
sure that on the 6 cylinder cars an external toothed cupped shakeproof
washer was used under the head of an oval head Phillips screw.
Again if someone has an known original 100 I would appreciate information
on what is fitted.

Many thanks,
Michael S
BN1 #174
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys