Subject: [Healeys] Electronic Flasher

From: "Team.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:46:30 -0400

To all,

I have a 1959 BT7 and recently changed the turn signal, parking and brake
lights to LEDS and installed an Electronic Flasher.  The Flasher has three
prongs (B, L & P).

Initially everything worked perfectly; when switching the trafficator to
either a left or right turn, the appropriate front and rear lights flashed
and the single indicator light on the dash indicated the signals were
operating.

Now, however, the indicator light on the dash blinks all the time: when
turning and when the trafficator switch is in the neutral position.

I have checked the wiring and all seems correct.  It appears there may be
three possible issues: 1) bad flasher, 2) problem/short in the trafficator
switch, or 3) bad relay.

All ideas are appreciated.

Larry Swift
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Paul Leeks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:50:11 +0100

Hi Larry

I had the same problem when I purchased a new flasher unit for my BN4.

I got the BJ8 one by mistake which gave me the exact same scenario you are
experiencing.

I'm sure you have the right one, but thought it worth a mention, as the
solution could be very simple :-)

Cheers

Paul Leeks
Lancashire
100/6 BN4

--
EMAIL DISCLAIMER
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily those of Glasgows.It is intended only for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. Accordingly, the copying, dissemination, distribution or use
of this message to any other person may constitute a breach of civil or
criminal law. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received
this email by mistake and delete it from your system. Glasgows is a trading
style of R Glasgow & Associates Public Relations Limited. Registered in
England & Wales No. 2257022.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]