Subject: Re: [Healeys] Leather bonnet strap

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 15:28:19 -0400

Here's a close-up of 767 KNX:
http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/1146874,114,0,0/photo.aspx

>
>
> With more specific reference to the cars prepared for Sebring, I am trying
> to find out:
>
>
>
> a.       Was the buckle part attached to the bonnet in front of the air
> grille or behind?
>
> b.      I notice from pics that some cars had no bonnet air grille (KNX)
> just plain bonnet with an open gap, and some (FAC's) appear to have either
> a
> chrome top strip / cowl or the standard vertical slatted grille, but from
> the pictures I have it isn't too clear.
>
>
>
> Any help in clarifying this would be most welcome.
>
>
>
> Andy
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: J Armour <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 10:26:08 +1000

>http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/1146874,114,0,0/photo.aspx

   If I could be allowed to correction  the Bonham's sales blurb and to be
fair to them they have repeated the error created some years ago in one of
the several Healey books written from a limited source of records.

	The 1963 cars were BJ.7s and yes 3 built   known as FAC cars, 54,56 &
57(spare)

	The one and only 1964 car was also a BJ.7 and identified as KNX.767

	1965 the car was a new BJ.8 chassis with dropped down rear chassis rails.
This car is DAC952C as shown on the UK license papers I have with the
first owner listed as ; Donald Healey Motor Co.  Second owner was Clive
baker who had it painted Healey Blue all over 		with  dark blue race strip
down the centre as seen in period pics of Clive racing it.

	The 5 Sebring 3000s are very hard to distinguish from pics available in
period, especially if B&W   But the 1965 car has a unique boot lid which
has a rounded lump in it to accommodate the F.I.A. Required luggage test
box to be fitted with the boot lid closed 		during scrutineering. Same
lump was required in the works Cobras at the time ( 1965)  These cars were
competing in the Manufacturers Championship as GT cars. The other
difference with the 1965 Sebring entry is that the dash is a non-standard
flat alloy panel 		covered in black vinyl

	Geoff Healey inspected my car in Australia in 1980 and verified it as the
1965 Sebring and therefore last big Healey entered by Healeys The engine
dyno chart is shown in Geoff's book. I have other correspondence from
Geoff confirming the cars authenticity.
	The car is original as an old race car as it has never been
crashed,dismantled or restored. The alloy flares were fitted in the 60s at
Arthur Carter's workshop to suit 6 inch Cobra style 72 spoke wheels

	I purchased the car in 1977 when nobody was aware or interested in 6
cylinder lightweight Healey race cars. The car was raced in UK by Major in
the USAF before he took it home to Idaho and retired.
  		
	See Racing Sports Cars and look up Sebring 1965

	Joe, been doing it since 1966 with Healeys
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]