Subject: [Healeys] SU Pump Conversion

From: "Roger Grace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 14:01:44 -0700

I wonder if any the more experienced 3000 owners could give me some help ..

I am preparing for a +ve to -ve ground conversion and have considered the
following issues that need to be addressed before proceeding; 1967 BJ8 that
have recently acquired.

radio (will disconnect)
tacho. (will upgrade with polarity change)
electronic ignition (change Pertronix to -ve ground)
fuel pump ( ??? )

The SU fuel pump is a problem; the previous owner says that he has changed it
but not sure what to.
So my query is if there is a simple way to tell if it is electronic (+ve
ground) with potential damage if polarity is reversed, or is it a contact type
that would be immune to this change. Reluctant to pull it just to check. See
pix. No ID numbers evident.

Any other comments appreciated.

rg

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of SU pump.jpg]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys