Subject: Re: [Healeys] 26C engines

From: Andy Thorp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 15:04:10 -0700

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the pic. They look like the 1200cc B series engines. The only
feature I can clearly make out is the column shift gearbox of the 1952 A40
Somerset, which looks like it is LHD configuration in the pic. If you scroll
down on this page you can see the same decal plate and the hooked shift lever
on the opposite side for RHD
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300865487876

The pics I sent were enhanced screenshots out of the British Pathe film "magic
in metal" that Patrick posted the link to earlier showing the entire creation
of the C series engine from iron ore to finished unit. It is interesting that
Morris cars had grey engines and Austin had green ones. The red and grey
primers plus the chalk markings visible in the film were still on my engine
under all the crud and paint.

Andy.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys