Subject: Re: [Healeys] Block Drain

From: Tom Felts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 8:09:18 -0400

Not too difficult to break the handle off----if there is any way to clamp the ball at the end of the handle and twist on it, do that.  also soak it I  Kroll or similar for a few days first.

---- "R. Price Lindsay" <[email-masked]> wrote: 

=============
I am in the process of flushing out the cooling system of my BJ8.  It has been
a few years since I did this and when I did it last, I did not open the block
drain.  I'm not sure it has ever been opened but its time has come.  I presume
the unit is brass, but not sure.  My concern is if I put too much pressure on
it with a wrench (I want to take it off rather than try and turn the shuttle
cock) it will break or the threads will strip creating another set of "real"
issues.

Any words of caution, processes to follow or other encouragement??

Thank you, as always, in advance.

Price Lindsay
67 BJ8
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys