Subject: [Healeys] heat from the heater

From: "Dr. C. Rubino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 13:01:05 -0400

Sounds stupid butbthe heater box gets quite hot and radiates heat that is
not pleasant.

It doesnbt matter how I turn the heater tap (supposedly controls flow of hot
water to the heater) I still get a hot box.

So should I replace the heater tap or in the summer just install a new heater
hose that bypasses the heater itself?
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 23:10:01 +0200

Hi
Hot water enters the heater from the other side, there is a tap on the right
side of the cylinder head. Turn it 90 degrees to turn off the heat

Per

----- Ursprungligt meddelande -----
Fren: John Spaur
Skickat: 2014-08-31 20:00
Till: 'Dr. C. Rubino'; 'healeylist'
Dmne: Re: [Healeys] heat from the heater

I believe hot water makes its way to the core from the copper pipe on the
carb side of the engine. You might be able to install a tap to cut off that
route.

John
'62 BT7

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]