Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tach

From: "Roger Grace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:58:03 -0700

As a matter if interest I am planning to use this one from the UK when I do 
the +ve to -ve grounding change on my BJ8.
There are also some good detailed videos about doing this update yourself.

https://www.spiyda.com/magento/index.php/smiths-rvi-rvc-conversion-board.html

Anybody else with comments about either tacho conversion appreciated.

rg

-----Original Message----- 
From: Ralph Cap
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Tach

Has anyone purchased the new conversion tach that nisonger uses for a bj8 
that will accept petronix
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Jim Werner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 21:36:37 -0400 (EDT)

The early BJ8's had a different tach and the conversion process is different.
I found that out after trying to change my early tach.

Jim Werner
-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Grace <[email-masked]>
To: Ralph
Cap <[email-masked]>; Healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, Aug 14,
2014 8:14 pm
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tach

As a matter if interest I am
planning to use this one from the UK when I do 
the +ve to -ve grounding
change on my BJ8.
There are also some good detailed videos about doing this
update yourself.
https://www.spiyda.com/magento/index.php/smiths-rvi-rvc-conversion-board.html
Anybody else with comments about either tacho conversion appreciated.

rg
-----Original Message----- 
From: Ralph Cap
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014
3:34 PM

Has anyone
purchased the new conversion tach that nisonger uses for a bj8 
that will
accept petronix
Archive:
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive:
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Bluehealey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 11:46:43 +0100

Hi Roger
I have no experience of the device you refer to below and it may be the only
way to go to suit Pertronix ignition - I wouldn't know.  However, I did a
simple polarity switch on my BJ8 a few years ago in order to install an
alternator. The changeover was a really simple 'kitchen table' mod.

The BJ8 was fitted with an RVI tacho (aren't they all?) and detailed
instructions for the polarity switch can be found here:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et202a.htm

Enjoy
  _________________________________________
(______________ Alan Bromfield_______________)
        (______\__1957-BN4__1959-AN5__/______)
                       (_____BlueHealey.com______)

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Roger
Grace
Sent: 15 August 2014 00:58
To: Ralph Cap; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tach

https://www.spiyda.com/magento/index.php/smiths-rvi-rvc-conversion-board.htm
l

rg

[email-masked]

---

From: "Niels Bengaard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 20:32:31 +0200

Was on holiday in UK this year with my BJ8. Have a couple of questions I
need your help me with.
I normally use super octane fuel but couldnt get it and filled up with
regular. I guess and old car with low compression should be able to use
regular, but big was my surprise when it started knocking under load at low
rpm in third and fourth. Filled up with super again and the problem
disappeared.
Checked the ignition when I returned home, it4s set at 15 deg BTDC @ 650rpm.
I recall having read somewhere thats the right number, so what is wrong.
Have altered it to 13 deg now on the little wheel on the distributor, did
that with the engine running, wow got a shock, high voltage in my arm. How
can that be, dont recall having had problems with that on other cars.

Niels
Denmark

[email-masked]