Subject: [Healeys] FW: Sebring 3000s

From: J Armour <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 17:58:15 +1000

Correction to the correction

I listed my 1965 3000 as DAC952C, wrong. This  is the 1965 Sebring Sprite
now in the Healey museum.  Works car were apparently built for the coming
event and then one of the lads sent off down to the licensing /tax office
and all cars were registered in a sequence.

My 3000 is actually DAC953C.  Interestingly the Sprite and 3000 engine
numbers are sequencial also.

These numbers sometimes assist in recognising which works car it is as there
was usually a second big or small Healey in the event.  For 1967 onwards
there was usually only one Healey Motor Company car entered but often a
standard looking MG Midget or Sprite with big motors and 5 speed gearboxes
were entered at Sebring. These were used to promote US sales

Joe
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys