Subject: Re: [Healeys] triple carbs

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 13:05:18 -0700

Awesome! Thanks for posting that. I was about to ask if the finned set
required mods to the bodywork.

The aftermarket set that I have will need me to lower my steering and/or raise
my engine a bit to clear the steering column.

On Sep 2, 2014, at 1:00 PM, Peter Svilans wrote:

http://www.spcarsplus.com/gallery3/index.php/Healey/Cypress_Gardens_6-8-85/ru
> ddspeed_003
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 10:55:29 +0200

The problem is probably the thickness of the isolator flanges. I have 
similar issues with my HS4 tricarbs on my LHD. I mounted my carbs 
without isolating flanges. There is about 10mm spaces betwwen the carb 
and the steering column.
Now I will try using 6mm flanges. It should solve the problem, I will 
use phenolic paper based flanges

best regards (Bt7 tricarb)

Le 02.09.2014 22:05, Wilko2 a C)critB :
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of IMG_20130601_202850.jpg]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 07:31:29 -0700

I'm using HD6 (maybe HD8) and the carb bodies are larger on the underside. 

In this case, thicker gaskets actually help!

[email-masked]

---

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 11:25:35 -0700

I had a similar clearance issue before I restored my '62 BT7. When I
reinstalled the steering box and column I loosened up the plates on each
side of the fire wall and the steering box attachments. Having everything
being freely able to move made it possible to get sufficient clearance
between the jet and the steering column tube.

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] triple carbs

The problem is probably the thickness of the isolator flanges. I have
similar issues with my HS4 tricarbs on my LHD. I mounted my carbs without
isolating flanges. There is about 10mm spaces betwwen the carb and the
steering column.
Now I will try using 6mm flanges. It should solve the problem, I will use
phenolic paper based flanges

[email-masked]