Subject: [Healeys] Heater Hoses

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 17:09:29 +0100

Talking about a 3000 MkII BT7...........

Car came back from bodyshop; repairs all done. (Idiot backed into me, hard
and thoroughly).

Took it out for test drive prior to catching the 02:54 boat to Rosslare in
R. Of Ireland......Coolant coming out of valve on heater in cockpit, under
dash. Appears not to be coming out of hose connection or where valve goes
into core/body. Seems to be coming out of valve, near it's slider/control
which moves according to position of sliding control on dash.

Can't fix in time so will take trusty Volvo.

Car has new radiator with 7lb cap......no expansion tank.

But:-

Are these valves prone to this apparent leak? ie from within??

Is there a fix?

And:-

As it seems that I'll be dropping the heater to enable access, I thought I'd
replace the two hoses that carry water to and from the core. Now, I have
spares (bought as "in case" items for French trip last year).

The hoses in the car are:-

UK driver's side:- 3/4" OD. ID unknown

UK passenger's side:- 7/8" OD. ID unknown

Spare hose with right angle is 5/8" OD. 5/16" ID (Seems very small???!)

Hose without angle is:- 7/8" OD. 5/8" ID.

The hose with the kink avoiding angle....is it meant to be so small? Why
aren't they the same size as one would expect?? 

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Michael <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 12:28:12 -0400

Hi Simon, the valves have a rubber diaphragm inside which can split.
With difficulty you can undo the 2 hex head 10/32 screws that secure the valve
to the heater and extract it for repair.
You should replace the seal between the valve and heater when reinstalling.
Michael S
BN1 #174

-----Original Message-----
From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Sent: b9/b28/b2014 12:13 PM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Heater Hoses

But:-

Is there a fix?

And:-

Simon

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]