Subject: Re: [Healeys] tach

From: Chris Masucci <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 08:03:22 -0500

I had my tach restored by the guys in MN to modern internals as well.  I
run a dual point Mallory as well.  Mine did the same jumping around.  I
believe it is a legacy relic due to using points.  I converted to a
Pertronix and now the tach is rock solid and accurate.

Hope this helps.
Chris

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 6:37 AM, Ralph Cap <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Just got my tach back from Nisonger for the second time and its still very
> erratic and jumps all over the place its a neg ground car with a Mallory
> dual point dist and lucas sports coil they feel its some kind of wiring
> issue they no longer want to be bothered with me is there anyone near me in
> the ny area that want to help me out and put it in their car and see what
> happens I'm in 10965 area code .Could it be the condencer
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 09:25:23 -0400

I had my tach repaired by North Hollywood Tachometer and Clock Co. in 1989,
and rewired it for negative ground myself in 2002.  I use a Mallory
Dual-Point distributor, and my tachometer does  not jump around.  It is
steady and tracks a Sears tachometer all the way to 4000 RPM.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Chris
Masucci
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:03 AM
To: Ralph Cap
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tach

I had my tach restored by the guys in MN to modern internals as well.  I run
a dual point Mallory as well.  Mine did the same jumping around.  I believe
it is a legacy relic due to using points.  I converted to a Pertronix and
now the tach is rock solid and accurate.

Hope this helps.
Chris

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 6:37 AM, Ralph Cap <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Just got my tach back from Nisonger for the second time and its still 
> very erratic and jumps all over the place its a neg ground car with a 
> Mallory dual point dist and lucas sports coil they feel its some kind 
> of wiring issue they no longer want to be bothered with me is there 
> anyone near me in the ny area that want to help me out and put it in 
> their car and see what happens I'm in 10965 area code .Could it be the 
> condencer 

[email-masked]

---

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 06:44:37 -0700

Could be a loose ground

Ira Erbs
Portland,OR
IT Educator and Consultant
sent from my smartphone. what you get, May not be what I meant to send
On Sep 16, 2014 6:03 AM, "Chris Masucci" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> very
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]