Subject: [Healeys] Fast Flow Inlet Manifold

From: Rick Swain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 12:54:16 +0000 FILETIME=[7A799AD0:01CFDBE4]

Does anyone have any experience with the "Fast Flow Inlet Manifold" listed as
a new product by Moss Motors? I believe it's the manifold that Rawles
Motorsport in the UK says they developed. I've always thought the stock
manifold looked pretty inefficient. The Moss site suggests this manifold
performs best with 2" HD8 carbs and a six branch exhaust header but that it
can be used with 1 3/4" carbs and the stock cast exhaust manifold. Since I
have freshly rebuilt HD6s and a basically stock 100 Six engine (except for a
BJ8 cam grind), I'm interested in the latter route. Comments or suggestions?
Thanks
Rick'59 BN4
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Don Anglesey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:25:03 -0600

What he said, otherwise you will wish you had.

Don 57' BN4

--- Original Message ---

From: "Oudesluys" <[email-masked]>
Sent: September 29, 2014 9:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fast Flow Inlet Manifold

Well, don't.
Waste of money if you do not go the whole hug.
Kees Oudesluijs

Rick Swain schreef op 29-9-2014 14:54:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2014.0.4765 / Virusdatabase: 4025/8291 - datum van uitgifte:
09/29/14

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 09:37:02 -0700

That's a pretty expensive manifold.

As to whether or not it's a waste of money to not go all out with a rebuild,
I'm not so sure.

What do we know about the 100 Six engine? we know it is over breathed for the
amount of displacement. Being that you have  BJ8 cam, it's going to pull more
gas through it and the stock manifold is known not to pull real well so the
2.6 liter 100 Six cars can have a problem with spitting back and coughing
(according to Geoffrey Healey).

That engine might get the most benefit from that manifold than any other
model.

Cheers
Rick

[email-masked]