Subject: [Healeys] mallory dual point distributors

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 18:00:26 -0400

Listers,

A friend has an 100 LeMans with a Mallory dual point dizzy (I don't have 
the model #).  Had some issues with it recently; condenser failed and 
the gaps don't look right.  Not knowing what other issues there might 
be, I sent Jeff Schlemmer at Advance Distributors an email to see if he 
refurbishes them.  I was a bit surprised at his reply:

"A typical Mallory rebuild runs $200-250 plus tune-up parts and will 
only hold its advance curve for about 1 driving season.  You're better 
off investing in an original distributor for a lower cost rebuild and a 
longer lasting product."

I was a bit surprised to see that on this dizzy, there is a felt pad 
between the cam and each follower.  Would think that the relatively 
"soft" felt might affect the gap over time.

Thoughts?  Experiences?

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys