Subject: [Healeys] FW: ARX91B

From: J Armour <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 19:56:40 +1000

Below is an extract of my "Letter To The Editor' of Thoroughbred & Classic
Car ( UK ) addressed to Simon Kidston who had purchased ARX91B. I was
awarded the 'Star Letter' as a result and won an Italian made leather travel
bag as a result. My aim was to add to the knowledge of our cars to the wider
sports car public.
It had added pleasure for me as the driver of my Healey entered in the 1965
Sebring 12 Hour race was the same Paul Hawkins.
The August 2014 issue of the Octane magazine has an article on ARX91B and
Paddy Hopkirk back in the seat with his BMC recollections

Joe

Subject:  ARX91B

Simon Kidson

What great news that the first 'works' Healey write up I read was a road
test of  ARX91B and it will now be  back out in public .  In the Australian
publication 'Sports Car World'  Oct. 1965 issue  Eoin Young, yes the McLaren
man, described his failed attempt to pass his British drivers license,
whilst piloting ARX91B. BMC made the ex-rally car,fresh from the Targa
Florio where it was driven by Aussie Paul Hawkins and Timo Makinen,
available to the New Zealander. The film made for Castrol, 'Mountain Legend'
has several shots of ARX plus several other Austin Healeys entered when it
was found that Castrol were to do an advertising feature of the event. The
film opens with a short drive with sound taken from the cockpit of another
ex-works Healey. Geoff Healey and people like Tommy Wisdom and Mike Parkes
are all shown along with many tins of Castrol oil. If you view the film
frame by frame there is a scene where Hawkins or Timo get the Healey up on
three wheels and then casually wave out the window to the Castrol
photographer. I have never been game to try this in my Healeys.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 20:02:43 +1000

Thank you Joe

As a footnote I am sorry to report that Eoin Young died on 5th September
2014.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of J Armour
Sent: Thursday, 11 September 2014 7:57 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] FW: ARX91B

Joe

Subject:  ARX91B

Simon Kidson

$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]