Subject: [Healeys] looking for old photos

From: Ray Juncal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:52:25 -0700

HELP.... Gear Heads .... My friend Tony Adriaensens <corsaresearch.com> is doing a follow on volume of his beautiful book "Weekend Heroes" (check out the web site).  We are looking for old photos of the early days of sports car racing in California. (1950s)  Related items like pit passes, programs, etc. would be of interest also.  So dig out that old photo album, search the attic and under the bed and let us know what you find.  Thanks for your help.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 15:51:24 -0700

Ray:  Here is a link to some pictures of Vaca Valley Raceway in Vacaville. 
I can't tell what the date of the aerial photos is but I don't think there 
is that much of the track left today.  The "Highway 40" on the sketch is now 
Interstate-80.  There are additional links to racing photos from the track 
on the website.

There was an attempt to reopen the track a few years ago.  It got shot down 
by the nearby residents because they didn't want the noise and "those kind 
of people" that close to them.

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MK III, HBJ8L39031
*  *  *  199,588 miles a/o today *  *  *

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ray Juncal" <[email-masked]>
To: "List Healey" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 11:52 AM
Subject: [Healeys] looking for old photos

> HELP.... Gear Heads .... My friend Tony Adriaensens <corsaresearch.com> is 
> doing a follow on volume of his beautiful book "Weekend Heroes" (check out 
> the web site).  We are looking for old photos of the early days of sports 
> car racing in California. (1950s)  Related items like pit passes, 
> programs, etc. would be of interest also.  So dig out that old photo 
> album, search the attic and under the bed and let us know what you find. 
> Thanks for your help.

[email-masked]