Subject: [Healeys] Retirement Healeys

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 16:17:33 -0400

Try this link:
*http://tinyurl.com/ncbl3dn <http://tinyurl.com/ncbl3dn>  *
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:56:34 -0400

Rick,
A differently cropped version of the ad showed up the September 4 issue  of
the WSJ in the Denver area.  In that version one can only determine  that
the car in the foreground is a 100- 6 or 3000.  However, there is also a MK
II or III visible background.  So the  fellow has at least  two
Austin-Healeys and one Corvette (ca.  1961).
It uses the same copy that includes "Teaching children the meaning of
wealth".  Since the fellow and his son are leaning on the  Corvette and
admiring
the Healey, they must place a higher value on the  Healey.
Thanks  for sending out the link for the ad and the Paddy Hopkirk video
link.
Bill
The image below should be stripped by team.net.  But it  can be seen by
going to:  http://www.adweek.com  then  searching for "Retirement Funds".
The  classic car is a symbol of whether youbve made it in your life, that
long-term  goal.b  | Brian Honigman, marketing consultant, writer and
speaker
Be  it the 1958 Austin-Healey in the U.S. Trust ad or the 1930 Duesenberg
in the  older one, the cars bare status symbols in both instances,b
Honigman
said. bThe  classic car is a symbol of whether youbve made it in your
life, that long-term  goal.b Honigman added that the manner of the sell is
more
of a club over the  head in the 1959 adbusing a car meet as a public forum
for the flashy display of  wealthbversus the subtler approach of the 2014
ad.
Either way, however, the  manner of selling a yawn-inducing retirement
trust is the  same.
bRetirement  should be its own rewardbyou donbt have to work anymore,b
Honigman observed.  bBut if therebs a specific thing [to show] like a car,
thatbs more  interesting.b

(http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/w1200/perspective-bank-02-2014.jpg)
The  presence of his kid is pivotal in softening the sell from the older  ad
bs message of conspicuous consumption to one of family and security. The
classic cars, said Honigman, represent the wealth this man is leaving to his
son.
The  real point of this ad isnbt to show the classic cars in this manbs
garage but  sell what those cars representb which rests in this word. bThe
bank is setting  up a trajectory for you to live up toban outstanding life
and
a legacy for your  kids,b Honigman said.
While  the ad doesnbt tell you that this is a b58 Austin-Healey (book
value:  $70,500 or so), it doesnbt really need to. The car looks expensive,
and
thatbs  enough to make the point.
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]