Subject: Re: [Healeys] SU Damper Rod

From: Ulla & Sven Ordell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 11:09:29 +0200

Hi Patrick
You'll find that early carburettors did not have any hydraulic dampers.
Look at Burlen's webplace
http://sucarb.co.uk/technical-carburetters-introduction

The change over was sometime in the late 40s or early 50s which fits well
with your Duncan,

Regards
Sven
Sweden (BJ8 and old M.G.s)

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Fren: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] Fvr Patrick & Caroline
Quinn
Skickat: den 27 september 2014 10:54
Till: [email-masked]
Dmne: [Healeys] SU Damper Rod

G'day

Just removed the SU carburettors from the Healey Duncan and found out that
they do not have damper rods or hydraulic dampers.

There is a screw on cap and I am sure they are correct, but has anyone come
across SUs like this?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 19:40:24 +1000

G'day Sven

Many thanks. The car dates from 1948 and the last Duncan bodied Healey
built.

I am learning lots with this car.

Best wishes

Patrick Quinn

-----Original Message-----
From: Ulla & Sven Ordell [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, 27 September 2014 7:09 PM
To: 'Patrick & Caroline Quinn'; [email-masked]
Subject: SV: [Healeys] SU Damper Rod

Hi Patrick

Regards
Sven

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----

G'day

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

[email-masked]

[email-masked]