Subject: [Healeys] Anodizing cockpit surround.

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 14:14:53 +0100

Am thinking of having the surround anodized.

Will be asking for quotes. I imagine that there is more than one process and
more than one finish. In order to avoid seeming too ignorant, what do I ask
for?

Thanks,

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 09:19:44 -0700

Class II clear. Stripping the anodizing and anodizing is inexpensive.
However, after stripping the trim needs to be polished to a mirror finish
which is where the labor and thus high cost is unless you do it yourself.

John
'62 BT7

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 20:08:24 -0700

(forgot to change sender email address to my gmail account used only
for this list)

Does anyone know what type of aluminum the surrounds are made from?  I
know that the shrouds are pretty close to 1100, and maybe the
surrounds are too, but maybe they are made from some stronger, harder
alloy.

Since serious anodizers want to know what alloy they are working with,
it would be nice to be able to tell them.

-Roland
BN1 #724

[email-masked]