Subject: [Healeys] : Re - Rear shocks, rebuilds or telescopic conversion AND "Rubber - engine mounting (rear). AND hose as a vacuum tool extractor.

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:52:53 -0000

1)      Thanks for all the advice and helpful suggestions. Only one reply from
this side of the water so remain unsure as to who/where is best place for
rebuilds.

I should have mentioned that I have a Koni telescopic kit on the front
already. (On the car when I bought it. May be the so-called bKoni-Cloneb.
Not sure.) Anyhow, it has been suggested that telescopic at the rear might be
a good idea bearing in mind the front setup.

2)      Now, I was on the phone ordering the telescopic and the 4 rubbers for
the Gearbox Stabilizer. The chap said that he had the bits and did I want what
he referred to as the bOverdrive bufferb? In my parts book, itbs on page
A.18, part number 1A9209...plus bracket, plate, nuts, bolts etc.

Ibd never heard of this thing. He says that most people just find the
backing plate and wonder what itbs for as therebs no trace of the rubber
buffer, it having fallen off decades ago.

Can anyone tell me precisely where this thing is, how itbs accessed and what
it does? Seems to me that if itbs underneath, then it canbt buff up
against anything. AND, if it did buff up against something, how can one get at
it??

3)      I was hoovering out my front wheel arch just now with a short length
of garden hose taped into a powerful vacuum cleanerbs pipe/hose. (Quite
effective as long as you keep it clear of leaves and bigger pebbles). Anyhow,
I decided to stuff said hose down the black holes in the engine
compartment......the ones where all the spanners go. Anyhow, out came a B<b
socket which Ibd thought/hoped might be down there and a bonnet rubber
buffer thingie plus rivet. The latter must have been down there longer than
Ibve had the car...20 years+/-. (Just a passing thought/suggestion....might
be a PObs favourite spanner down there.....?)

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys