Subject: Re: [Healeys] heater valve

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 10:49:25 +0100

Thank you all for your tips re. the heater, its hoses etcetc. All very
helpful, as ever.
Am in N.Ireland right now so can't access the Healey which, in disgrace, is
sulking in the workshop in England.
But, I can confirm that the two heater hoses are indeed supposed to be the
same size; I spoke to the supplier just now. He immediately
confessed.......they had a batch of sub-sized hoses which got onto their
shelves and a few of them did make it out to customers. (I'd only bought
mine as a portable emergency spare but lucky that I didn't need it when I
was half way up some French Alpine pass??)
The bolt question....well, I used a spanner to remove the first one and got
half way through removing the second before I ran out of time. So they are
hexes.I don't have them here, but I think that they are slotted hexes.
Certainly shown thus in my parts manual.
Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 06:51:19 -0700

Interesting that Simon says the screws were hex heads, or slotted hex heads. I don't know, but maybe by the time the BJ8 rolled around, they were using round slotted heads.
I've just looked at my archive before and after photos, and mine were definitely round slotted screws...unfortunately!

Stephen BJ8

[email-masked]