Subject: [Healeys] "Rubber - engine mounting (rear)

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 13:16:00 -0000

Didn't get any response re. this. Maybe it didn't get out or you're all
flummoxed? I can't believe it.
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Simon
Lachlan
Sent: 28 October 2014 17:53
To: 'Healeys'
Subject: [Healeys] : Re - Rear shocks, rebuilds or telescopic conversion AND
"Rubber - engine mounting (rear). AND hose as a vacuum tool extractor.

2)      Now, I was on the phone ordering the 4 rubbers for the Gearbox
Stabilizer. The chap said that he had the bits and did I want what he
referred to as theOverdrive buffer? Page A.18 in my parts book, part number
1A9209...plus bracket, plate, nuts, bolts etc.

I had never heard of this thing. He says that most people just find the
backing plate and wonder what it is for as there is usually no trace of the
rubber buffer, it having fallen off decades ago.

Can anyone tell me precisely where this thing is, how it is accessed and
what it does? Seems to me that if it is underneath, then it cannot buff up
against anything. AND, if it did buff up against something, how can one get
at it??
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: 'bluehealey' <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 13:32:30 +0000

Hi Simon
There are 4 rubber bobbins associated with the tie bar. You probably have that
in place.
There are two rubber mounts for the rear of the gearbox. These mount to handed
brackets which in turn mount to the cruciform. You will definitely have them
in place.
There is a third buffer rubber - GBC251(AHSpares) which bolts the underside of
the overdrive to limit compression of the gearbox mounts. It is held, if I
recall, with two 1/4" short set bolts. No brackets or other bits needed.

AlanB - iPhone message.

> On 29 Oct 2014, at 13:16, "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
wrote:
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 08:13:58 -0700

I have a new set of the rear transmission rubber mounts, if that is what
you are describing. I am using a Smitty kit, so do not need them. # 26 and
30 in the moss motors book
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=28886

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
   _______                                  _______
     (______ \____1960 BT7____/ _______)
         (_________________________)

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 6:16 AM, Simon Lachlan <[email-masked]

> referred to as the Overdrive buffer? Page A.18 in my parts book, part
> number
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]