Subject: Re: [Healeys] AF meter SU tuning

From: "Bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 07:48:30 -0400

Somewhere on a planet deep in the galaxy a long, long time ago, mid 1960's, 
still in high school and having relatively good hearing, I was the proud 
owner of a very tired 9 year old 1954, 100-4.  I spent a lot of time 
tinkering with my baby.  One of the fun things things to do was adjusting 
the SU's.  Having little to no extra spending money in those days, I always 
made use of the tube and listen method to do the carb adjustments.  I'm sure 
by todays standards with O2 sensors,  meters and the like this method and 
the results would be considered to be crude at best.  However the car always 
ran up to my expectations and I had some great times driving it.  Since then 
I've had more than a few vehicles to drive and some have even been equipped 
with the latest in fuel economy visual driving gauges or aids, more than 
likely just a plain old o;?vacuum gauges, including my 2014 RAM.  I have, 
after much thought decided that they are all rubbish and not worth the 
bother.

Short story, tune it good enough to pass any inspection requirements and run 
down the road and enjoy it.

Mine sits in the barn in a sorry state of disassembly.  To be enjoyed by 
memory only.  I had many plans for it but they never came to fruition.  Oh! 
but, back in the day,  long rides in the country,  prom dates,  weddings, 
rides to the race track and just trips to get an ice cream cone or burger. 
What Fun!

-----Original Message----- 
From: Steve Gerow
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] AF meter SU tuning

Peter Roses and I have been using the K&N meters for a couple of years.
We're big fans of this setup.

The square meter is the least expensive.

Save some money by buying the single-wire O2 sensors and mounting bungs from
an auto parts store.

I've noticed the leaning on acceleration (one carb only) and abated it by
using heavier dashpot oil. It's easy to experiment with dashpot oil and
springs with the meter.

--

Steve Gerow

BN6 morphed into a Test Bed
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 04:55:41 -0700

Anybody ever fit these to a positive ground car?

Bob

On 10/15/2014 9:40 PM, Steve Gerow wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
*******************************************************************
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            [email-masked]

*******************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]