Subject: [Healeys] Hardtop white

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 21:07:33 +0100

A question I've been to ask for ages..............

My BT7 is Colorado Red over Old English White with a Colorado Red hardtop.

Occasionally I look at it and I think "God, I've created a giant coke can on
wheels".....you know, the red and white one.

I ponder changing the OEW on the car to Colorado Red and the hardtop to
white, per the Works cars. Was their white OEW? Or was it a whiter white if
you know what I mean???

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 21:34:50 +0100

I was trying to say "A question I've been meaning to ask.."
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Simon
Lachlan
Sent: 19 October 2014 21:08
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Hardtop white

Simon
$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: "Earl Kagna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 13:56:09 -0700

Simon:

You could always paint the car in Pepsi colours, or even better, in the 
colours of a good beer.  That would be an interesting Healey!

I'm attaching a couple of photos of my Colorado Red tri-carb with it's OEW 
hardtop installed - maybe it will help you decide what you want to do.  For 
what it's worth, I've always felt that the Healey roadsters look better with 
an (appropriately) contrasting hardtop.  If you are already OEW in the 
coves, you could simply paint the top OEW (it should match the OEW on the 
body), and see if you like it,  You could always paint the coves red 
afterwards.  I'll wager that the car will look spectacular with the coves 
and hardtop both white.  In any case, I don't know about you, but my 
Healey's hardtops spend their time in the basement in storage - I'll 
occasionally mount one of them for a car show simply to look a bit different 
once in a while.

I have often thought of painting my coves OEW - just about did it last year 
when I scratched one of them and needed some paint repair.

I know that the list will strip the attachments, if anyone else is 
interested, please send an e-mail.

Cheers

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb

-----Original Message----- 
From: Simon Lachlan
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 1:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Hardtop white

Simon

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCN1311.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCN1317.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCN1318.JPG]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

---

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 22:57:59 +0200

OEW

Per

----- Ursprungligt meddelande -----
Fren: Simon Lachlan
Skickat: 2014-10-19 22:12
Till: [email-masked]
Dmne: [Healeys] Hardtop white

Simon

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]