Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: News from Denis Welch Motorsport

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:10:03 -0700

Amazing video of a very fast Healey racing
Ira Erbs
IT Teacher
and Consultant
Portland, OR

Your worst day at work is better than your best day in Prison
Darrin King

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Subject: News from Denis Welch Motorsport
To:

<http://www.bighealey.co.uk/>   *31st October 2014* 'Scorching' Algarve
Classic!
Portimao 17th-19th October 2014

The 2014 running of the *Algarve Classic Festival*, held on the 17-19
October at the* Autodromo Internacional do Algarve in Portugal *saw a total
of eleven grids and 14 races on track, nearly 300 international drivers and
over 170 classic race cars.

The *GT and Sports Car Cup race* was a highlight of the end-of-season
racing event for *Denis Welch Motorsport*. No less than forty five Pre-66
classics to include an array of AC Cobras, a very strong group of Jaguar
E-types, a few TVR's Grantura and five Austin-Healey's, lined up on the
starting grid to compete in this 120 minute race.

*Jeremy Welch *and *Mark Pangborn* drove an extraordinary race in Jeremy's*
Austin-Healey KVS484.* With fast laps throughout the 2-hour race, the quick
pit stops, close overtaking and a dynamic fight with fast AC Cobra's saw
the team move up from 18th place after the qualifying session, to
finish in *7th
position overall and 1st in the GT3 Class* - *Congratulations!*

Watch the first 3 laps of the GT&SCC race on *Denis Welch Motorsport
Channel >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FpVlANfPl8>*
  [image: Watch GT&SCC Race on our YouTube Channel | Algarve Classic
Festival 2014] <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FpVlANfPl8>

There were main driver changes in the team *Mills/Montgomery* - *Robert
Mills* couldn't take a part in the event, so passed the wheel to *Dave
Smithies.* After qualifying 42nd the duet *Smithies/Montgomery* fought hard
to move up a remarkable* fifteen places* in the GT&SCC race to finish *27th
overall and 6th in the GT2 Class* in Robert's Austin-Healey 100.

* It was a positive end-of-season race meeting with the benefit of
scorching weather and an enjoyable atmosphere.* Both Austin-Healey's
prepared by *Denis Welch Motorsport* ran smoothly with no repairs required.
  [image: Jeremy Welch/Mark Pangborn in 54 | Robert Mills/Ian Montgomery in
31]  *GT&SCC Qualifying* - Saturday 18th October - * 40 minutes*

  *Position* *Car No.* *Driver* *Co-Driver* *Car* *Laps* *Best time* *Best
speed*  *18* 54 *Jeremy Welch* *Mark Pangborn* Austin-Healey 3000 7
02:16.413 122.791 Km/h  *42* 31 *Dave Smithies* *Ian Montgomery* Austin-Healey
100 15 02:30.260 111.476 Km/h

*GT&SCC Race* - Sunday 19th October - *120 minutes*
  *Position* *Car No.* *Driver* *Co-Driver* *Car* *Laps* *Best time* *Best
speed*  *7* 54 *Jeremy Welch* *Mark Pangborn* Austin-Healey 3000 50
02:15.418 123.694 Km/h  *27* 31 *Dave Smithies* *Ian Montgomery* Austin-Healey
100 45 02:28.265 112.976 Km/h
*Photos: credits to Gbphotosports & Jim Houlgrave*

[image: Visit us at the Classic Motor Show - Hall 9 Stand 9-090 | NEC,
14th-16th November 2014] <http://www.bighealey.co.uk>

*If you wish to collect any parts from our Stand at the NEC please place
your order prior to 12th November* | *Parts Hotline: +44 (0) 1543 472 244
<%2B44%20%280%29%201543%20472%20244>*,
*email us: [email-masked]
<[email-masked]?subject=New+Product+enquiry>* or place your order via
www.bighealey.co.uk website.
*AUSTIN HEALEY* <http://www.bighealey.co.uk/content/austin-healey-catalogue>*
| JAGUAR <http://www.bighealey.co.uk/content/jaguar-catalogue> | MGB
<http://www.bighealey.co.uk/content/mgb-parts> | MGC
<http://www.bighealey.co.uk/content/mgc-parts> | FORMULA JUNIOR
<http://www.bighealey.co.uk/content/formula-junior> | SPRITE/MIDGET
<http://www.bighealey.co.uk/content/sprite-midget-catalogue> | LOTUS
<http://www.bighealey.co.uk/content/lotus-catalogue>*
<http://www.bighealey.co.uk/content/lotus-catalogue>

------------------------------

Disclaimer

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the sole use of the addressee and not anyone
else. If you receive this email in error, please advise the sender
immediately.

Denis Welch Motors Limited is a limited company registered in England and
Wales.
Company Registration No. 1314890
Registered Offices: Sudbury Road Garage, Sudbury Road, Yoxall, Burton on
Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 8NA
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys