Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100-6 bn4 restoration

From: I Erbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 08:37:29 -0700

The wood pieces are glued to a thicker strip of wood,and then wrapped in
vinyl, that is in turn screwed to the striker panel. You may need to remove
the furflex and weather stripping to see the screw heads on the flange.
They are wood screws with phillips heads. I can email you photos of the
screw locations if you want them?

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
   _______                                  _______
     (______ \____1960 BT7____/ _______)
         (_________________________)

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Chris Scholz <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Silly question- I am taking apart the 100-6 and have a question about the
> plywood interior side panel (kick panel?) next to the rear seats. It
> appears
> to be glued to the door frame. I see no bolts or fasteners. Is this correct
> and how do you remove it without damaging the panel?
>
> Second, I have many little screws that are Phillips head, holding the metal
> trim pieces in the door opening. These screws were stripped by the last
> owner.
> I plan on using a tiny drill bit to drill a small hole in each and then
> try to
> use an EZ out on them. Any other ideas?  Thanks.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 11:34:29 -0700

If they don't come out drill out the head or try and break them off. You can
use a vice grip to turn them out or grind them down. I presume you will be
installing new cover plates which need to be drilled for the screw and you
can drill a new hole in the chassis. Source new screws from a local fastener
supplier (Olander Company if there is one in our town
http://www.olander.com/). I was not happy with the Moss screws because the
head stripped easily. Be sure to find the correct sized screw driver (00 I
think) because it will be much easier.

John Spaur
'62 BT7

[email-masked]