Subject: [Healeys] Rear shocks, rebuilds or telescopic conversion

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 16:45:13 -0000

I've been giving my MkII BT7 a very thorough - by my standards at least -
service...........

The only major issue, so far, is that both rear shocks appear to have lost
quite a bit of fluid in the last +/- 3,500 miles. I had them off 3,500 miles
ago; their action was poor but did greatly improve with replacing the old
fluid with new. The old fluid was pretty foul and there wasn't much of it.

(1)    I have heard that most shock absorber "rebuilds" are unsatisfactory
and presume that there are no new ones available. Any comments so far?  

(2)    I am tempted by the idea of a telescopic conversion. Specifically
from Ahead4Healeys:-

http://www.ahead4healeys.co.uk/TELESCOPIC-REAR-SUSPENSION-KIT-id3779.aspx

Does anyone have any experience of this product or its equivalent(s). I
looked at the one from Cape International which looks similar, a little
cheaper and a trifle flimsy:-

http://www.cape-international.com/capeshop.php?parttypes=36
<http://www.cape-international.com/capeshop.php?parttypes=36&thepart=RTC>
&thepart=RTC

Anyone know this one?  Or anyone else's?

Any general comments re rear shocks?

(I am based in the UK).

Thanks,

Simon
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys