Subject: [Healeys] source for dash 'piping' for BN1 2-piece dash?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 21:50:10 -0800

Nine years after I first thought about it and 16 years after I started
to restore BN1 #724, I am back to looking for a source for the rubber
piping that trims out the edge of the smaller instrument pod as it
attaches to the main dash piece.

In 2005 Allen Miller Found a good source at Paul Beck Vintage Supplies
in Norfolk England, items RM67 and RM68.  But PBVS is no more and
their successor no longer stocks that beading although their website
shows its shape.  It had a small quarter-round bead and closely
resembled the remnants that were on my dash when I disassembled it 16
years back.  Looks like I was six months too late.

Rich Chrysler thought that the bumper overrider rubber got the job
done, although it looks a bit bulky to me.

Has anyone recently reinvented this 'wheel', and found the perfect
match?

-Roland
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 00:12:02 -0800

Roland,
     You might try Anglo Parts (www.angloparts.com). they are the only ones I have found that address the fact that there were a two piece dash as well as a one piece later dash.  The part number is 121.001 and costs about 15 bucks.  I have a two piece dash I am using in my BN2.  It may not be right, but it will definitely start a conversation.

Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:51 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
>[email-masked]
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: jomar healey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:15:37 +0000 (UTC)

What about using the rubber beading used on the bumper overrides?
Joe'53 #923 Coronet Cream'56 100M'67 BJ8 aka Blue Baby

     On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 3:15 AM, Michael MacLean
<[email-masked]> wrote:

 Roland,
B  B  You might try Anglo Parts (www.angloparts.com). they are the only ones I
have found that address the fact that there were a two piece dash as well as a
one piece later dash.B  The part number is 121.001 and costs about 15 bucks.B 
I have a two piece dash I am using in my BN2.B  It may not be right, but it
will definitely start a conversation.

Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:51 PM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>in Norfolk England, items RM67 and RM68.B  But PBVS is no more and
>shows its shape.B  It had a small quarter-round bead and closely
>years back.B  Looks like I was six months too late.
>
>Suggested annual donationB  $12.75
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]