Subject: Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 20:33:57 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0684546195421580721==
	boundary="----=_Part_7803922_1176266039.1423859637311"

------=_Part_7803922_1176266039.1423859637311
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Now, if they'd had Edd China go through the car first, it might be a 'fair deal.' 

Wonder when those guys--'Wheeler Dealers'--will buy/fix/sell a Big Healey (they have done a Bugeye)? 

Bob 

----- Original Message -----

..well, one of the two names mentioned Paul Klein, bought a local 
sellers BJ8 for a fair price last Mon. The car is already listed at 
Beverly Hills Car club web site.. They haven't touched it and have 
raised the price a considerable amount. So, yes they were looking to 
flip cars and I guess someone who really wants a big Healey will get 
this one, unfortunately at a higher price... and if you read their copy 
it says the car is mechanically sound.. not exactly. Call me first if 
you want the real scoop. 
Dave 
-- 
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/ 

------=_Part_7803922_1176266039.1423859637311
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div>Now, if they'd had Edd China go through the car first, it might be=
 a 'fair deal.'<br></div><div><br></div><div>Wonder when those guys--'Wheel=
er Dealers'--will buy/fix/sell a Big Healey (they have done a Bugeye)?<br><=
/div><div><br></div><div>Bob<br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><hr id=
=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;te=
xt-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;">=
<br><div><br></div>..well, &nbsp;one of the two names mentioned Paul Klein,=
 bought a local <br>sellers BJ8 for a fair price last Mon. The car is alrea=
dy listed at <br>Beverly Hills Car club web site.. They haven't touched it =
and have <br>raised the price a considerable amount. So, yes they were look=
ing to <br>flip cars and I guess someone who really wants a big Healey will=
 get <br>this one, unfortunately at a higher price... &nbsp;and if you read=
 their copy <br>it says the car is mechanically sound.. not exactly. Call m=
e first if <br>you want the real scoop.<br>Dave<br>-- <br>Dave Porter Porte=
r Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM <br>87107 505-352-1378 G=
o HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/<br><br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_7803922_1176266039.1423859637311--

--===============0684546195421580721==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0684546195421580721==--

---

From: Richard Collins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 14:36:57 -0600

I guess when he called me and I told him mine was not for sale but to check with Gullwing or Beverly Hills he went silent and the conversation ended quickly after that.
Too bad they sort of misrepresent their intentions. It used to be "Caveat emptor "buyers beware" but maybe we need to create a "sellers beware".
But a fair price is a fair price I suppose.
Regards,
Richard C

> On Feb 13, 2015, at 14:04, David Portere <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> ..well,  one of the two names mentioned Paul Klein, bought a local sellers BJ8 for a fair price last Mon. The car is already listed at Beverly Hills Car club web site.. They haven't touched it and have raised the price a considerable amount. So, yes they were looking to flip cars and I guess someone who really wants a big Healey will get this one, unfortunately at a higher price...  and if you read their copy it says the car is mechanically sound.. not exactly. Call me first if you want the real scoop.
> Dave
> -- 
> Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> 
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
> 

[email-masked]

---

From: "Max Byers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:06:23 -0500

The really sad thing for me is that most of the cars (speaking of BJ8s)
going through the on-line sellers now are ending up leaving the country.
Since I track BJ8s, I've seen plenty of that lately.  But that is where the
market demand is.  It seems that most of us Healey folks are now aging out
of the Healey world and the younger generation either has no interest or
doesn't have the asking price.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of David
Porter
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 3:05 PM
To: healeys
Subject: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

..well,  one of the two names mentioned Paul Klein, bought a local sellers
BJ8 for a fair price last Mon. The car is already listed at Beverly Hills
Car club web site.. They haven't touched it and have raised the price a
considerable amount. So, yes they were looking to flip cars and I guess
someone who really wants a big Healey will get this one, unfortunately at a
higher price...  and if you read their copy it says the car is mechanically
sound.. not exactly. Call me first if you want the real scoop.
Dave

[email-masked]

---

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 06:37:01 -0000

Where are they going? I know that some go back to the UK......
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Max Byers
Sent: 13 February 2015 21:06
To: 'healeys'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----

$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Max Byers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 06:18:33 -0500

There are dealers similar to Beverly Hills Car Club, Gullwing Motor Cars,
etc. and individuals in countries such as The Netherlands
(www.stolzeclassiccars.nl), France (www.themotorsgallery.com), Scandinavia,
UK (www.murrayscott-nelson.com), and Australia that are importing the cars
for sale.  From what I've seen, a high percentage of the BJ8s that are for
sale on the dealer websites and on eBay turn up later in those places.
While researching for this response, I learned that even the Rolls Healey
4000 that resided in North Carolina for a few years has now appeared at The
Healey Factory in Melbourne.

Beverly Hills Car Club has made it a bit more difficult to track them lately
because they have quit advertising the VINs of the cars they have for sale.
Not surprising, after they lost that BJ8 to Bob Russell 42 years after it
was stolen from him.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Lachlan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 1:37 AM
To: 'Max Byers'; 'healeys'
Subject: RE: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Varley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 10:23:39 +1100

When it comes to Australia, I think the importation of Healeys is coming 
to an end, as we have seen the Australian dollar drop from parity with 
the USD to under 0.80 cents and it will probably go to 0.75. This makes 
importing cars that cost much the same in both countries too expensive 
to import. I fact what we are seeing here now is a trend where buyers 
will purchase the car here, have it restored, and shipped out. There are 
at least 2 I know of being restored here in Melbourne at the moment for 
overseas customers, and probably more will follow with the favourable 
cost of having a quality restoration done here. In regard to BJ8's I 
believe only about 8 ( Patrick Quinn would know the exact number ) were 
ever bought into Australia as new cars, now we have hundreds, so I 
imagine we can afford to loose a few of them :)
Cheers
Larry Varley

[email-masked]

---

From: "Graeme Molony" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 11:51:22 +1100

Steve

Not sure where you got your information from regarding the Rolls Healey 4000 
being
imported from North Carolina into Australia as to my knowledge there were 
only 3 ever
constructed with 2 still in England and one here in Australia

Unless another one has been imported recently the car restored by The Healey 
Factory
for the owners brother back in 2011/12 was originally imported into 
Australia by Steve Pike
of Marsh Classic Restorations in 1974 from the United Kingdom and has had 
only two
subsequent owners including Peter Rowland. Details of this car and its 
recent restoration
appear in an article in my local clubs magazine 'Hundreds and Thousands' in 
July 2012

You will all know Steve from his Streamliner project car and his appearances 
at Bonneville
and more recently for his restoration of one of the original 100S - NOJ 393 
which to my
knowledge is still the most expensive Healey ever sold.

While there have been a large number of BJ8's imported into Australia over 
the past few years
( We still have only approx. 300  hundred including my car according to 
Patrick Quinn's records )
and only 8 were originally imported this has now come to a grinding halt due 
to the devaluation
of the Australian $ which is only equivalent to about $0.75 US

In fact the worm has turned as a few days ago I was in at the Healey Factory 
and they were
converting a BN2 with some 100M add-ons  back to left hand drive for re 
export to a buyer in the
USA. Go figure that

Cheers

Graeme  Molony
( BJ8  29 yrs )
Mt. Martha
Aust.

Email; [email-masked]
-----Original Message----- 
From: Max Byers
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 10:18 PM
To: 'healeys'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Lachlan [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 1:37 AM
To: 'Max Byers'; 'healeys'
Subject: RE: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] 

[email-masked]

---

From: richard mayor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 00:59:22 +0000

--===============2390303004464332224==
	boundary="_a61ad8c4-4269-48ed-af81-b4440fcf8f98_"

--_a61ad8c4-4269-48ed-af81-b4440fcf8f98_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The last time I was at the Healey Museum in Holland=2C they had one of the =
Rolls Healeys on display.

Richard Mayor

> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]=3B [email-masked]
> Date: Sun=2C 15 Feb 2015 11:51:22 +1100
>=20
>=20
> Not sure where you got your information from regarding the Rolls Healey 4=
000=20
> being
> imported from North Carolina into Australia as to my knowledge there were=
=20
>=20
> Unless another one has been imported recently the car restored by The Hea=
ley=20
> Factory
> for the owners brother back in 2011/12 was originally imported into=20
> Australia by Steve Pike
> of Marsh Classic Restorations in 1974 from the United Kingdom and has had=
=20
> only two
> subsequent owners including Peter Rowland. Details of this car and its=20
> recent restoration
> appear in an article in my local clubs magazine 'Hundreds and Thousands' =
in=20
> July 2012
>=20
> You will all know Steve from his Streamliner project car and his appearan=
ces=20
> at Bonneville
> and more recently for his restoration of one of the original 100S - NOJ 3=
93=20
>=20
> While there have been a large number of BJ8's imported into Australia ove=
r=20
> the past few years
> ( We still have only approx. 300  hundred including my car according to=20
> and only 8 were originally imported this has now come to a grinding halt =
due=20
>=20
> In fact the worm has turned as a few days ago I was in at the Healey Fact=
ory=20
> and they were
> converting a BN2 with some 100M add-ons  back to left hand drive for re=20
> export to a buyer in the
> USA. Go figure that
>=20
> Cheers
>=20
> Graeme  Molony
> ( BJ8  29 yrs )
> Mt. Martha
> Aust.
>=20
> Email=3B [email-masked]
> -----Original Message-----=20
> From: Max Byers
> Sent: Saturday=2C February 14=2C 2015 10:18 PM
> To: 'healeys'
>=20
> There are dealers similar to Beverly Hills Car Club=2C Gullwing Motor Car=
s=2C
> (www.stolzeclassiccars.nl)=2C France (www.themotorsgallery.com)=2C Scandi=
navia=2C
> UK (www.murrayscott-nelson.com)=2C and Australia that are importing the c=
ars
> for sale.  From what I've seen=2C a high percentage of the BJ8s that are =
for
> While researching for this response=2C I learned that even the Rolls Heal=
ey
> 4000 that resided in North Carolina for a few years has now appeared at T=
he
>=20
> Beverly Hills Car Club has made it a bit more difficult to track them lat=
ely
> because they have quit advertising the VINs of the cars they have for sal=
e.
> Not surprising=2C after they lost that BJ8 to Bob Russell 42 years after =
it
>=20
> Havelock=2C NC  USA
>=20
> Sent: Saturday=2C February 14=2C 2015 1:37 AM
> To: 'Max Byers'=3B 'healeys'
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/mayorri=
[email-masked]
>=20
 		 	   		  =

--_a61ad8c4-4269-48ed-af81-b4440fcf8f98_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
<body class=3D'hmmessage'><div dir=3D'ltr'>The last time I was at the Heale=
y Museum in Holland=2C they had one of the Rolls Healeys on display.<br><br=
>Richard Mayor<br><br><div>&gt=3B From: [email-masked]<br>&gt=3B To: sb=
[email-masked]=3B [email-masked]<br>&gt=3B Date: Sun=2C 15 Feb 2015=
 11:51:22 +1100<br>&gt=3B Subject: Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buy=
ers<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B Steve<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B Not sure where you got =
your information from regarding the Rolls Healey 4000 <br>&gt=3B being<br>&=
gt=3B imported from North Carolina into Australia as to my knowledge there =
were <br>&gt=3B only 3 ever<br>&gt=3B constructed with 2 still in England a=
nd one here in Australia<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B Unless another one has been i=
mported recently the car restored by The Healey <br>&gt=3B Factory<br>&gt=
=3B for the owners brother back in 2011/12 was originally imported into <br=
>&gt=3B Australia by Steve Pike<br>&gt=3B of Marsh Classic Restorations in =
1974 from the United Kingdom and has had <br>&gt=3B only two<br>&gt=3B subs=
equent owners including Peter Rowland. Details of this car and its <br>&gt=
=3B recent restoration<br>&gt=3B appear in an article in my local clubs mag=
azine 'Hundreds and Thousands' in <br>&gt=3B July 2012<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B=
 You will all know Steve from his Streamliner project car and his appearanc=
es <br>&gt=3B at Bonneville<br>&gt=3B and more recently for his restoration=
 of one of the original 100S - NOJ 393 <br>&gt=3B which to my<br>&gt=3B kno=
wledge is still the most expensive Healey ever sold.<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B W=
hile there have been a large number of BJ8's imported into Australia over <=
br>&gt=3B the past few years<br>&gt=3B ( We still have only approx. 300  hu=
ndred including my car according to <br>&gt=3B Patrick Quinn's records )<br=
>&gt=3B and only 8 were originally imported this has now come to a grinding=
 halt due <br>&gt=3B to the devaluation<br>&gt=3B of the Australian $ which=
 is only equivalent to about $0.75 US<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B In fact the worm=
 has turned as a few days ago I was in at the Healey Factory <br>&gt=3B and=
 they were<br>&gt=3B converting a BN2 with some 100M add-ons  back to left =
hand drive for re <br>&gt=3B export to a buyer in the<br>&gt=3B USA. Go fig=
ure that<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B Cheers<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B Graeme  Molony<br=
>&gt=3B ( BJ8  29 yrs )<br>&gt=3B Mt. Martha<br>&gt=3B Aust.<br>&gt=3B <br>=
&gt=3B Email=3B [email-masked]<br>&gt=3B -----Original Message----- <br=
>&gt=3B From: Max Byers<br>&gt=3B Sent: Saturday=2C February 14=2C 2015 10:=
18 PM<br>&gt=3B To: 'healeys'<br>&gt=3B Subject: Re: [Healeys] follow up on=
 emails of buyers<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B There are dealers similar to Beverly=
 Hills Car Club=2C Gullwing Motor Cars=2C<br>&gt=3B etc. and individuals in=
 countries such as The Netherlands<br>&gt=3B (www.stolzeclassiccars.nl)=2C =
France (www.themotorsgallery.com)=2C Scandinavia=2C<br>&gt=3B UK (www.murra=
yscott-nelson.com)=2C and Australia that are importing the cars<br>&gt=3B f=
or sale.  From what I've seen=2C a high percentage of the BJ8s that are for=
<br>&gt=3B sale on the dealer websites and on eBay turn up later in those p=
laces.<br>&gt=3B While researching for this response=2C I learned that even=
 the Rolls Healey<br>&gt=3B 4000 that resided in North Carolina for a few y=
ears has now appeared at The<br>&gt=3B Healey Factory in Melbourne.<br>&gt=
=3B <br>&gt=3B Beverly Hills Car Club has made it a bit more difficult to t=
rack them lately<br>&gt=3B because they have quit advertising the VINs of t=
he cars they have for sale.<br>&gt=3B Not surprising=2C after they lost tha=
t BJ8 to Bob Russell 42 years after it<br>&gt=3B was stolen from him.<br>&g=
t=3B <br>&gt=3B Steve Byers<br>&gt=3B HBJ8L/36666<br>&gt=3B BJ8 Registry<br=
>&gt=3B AHCA Delegate at Large<br>&gt=3B Havelock=2C NC  USA<br>&gt=3B <br>=
&gt=3B -----Original Message-----<br>&gt=3B From: Simon Lachlan [mailto:sim=
[email-masked]]<br>&gt=3B Sent: Saturday=2C February 14=2C 2015 =
1:37 AM<br>&gt=3B To: 'Max Byers'=3B 'healeys'<br>&gt=3B Subject: RE: [Heal=
eys] follow up on emails of buyers<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B Where are they goin=
g? I know that some go back to the UK......<br>&gt=3B Simon<br>&gt=3B <br>&=
gt=3B <br>&gt=3B _______________________________________________<br>&gt=3B =
 donation  $12.75<br>&gt=3B Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<br>&gt=3B =
net<br>&gt=3B http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<br>&gt=3B <br>=
&gt=3B Unsubscribe/Manage: <br>&gt=3B http://autox.team.net/mailman/options=
/healeys/[email-masked] <br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B _________________________=
______________________<br>&gt=3B Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donat=
e.html<br>&gt=3B Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>&gt=3B Archive: http:=
//www.team.net/archive<br>&gt=3B Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt=
=3B <br>&gt=3B [email-masked]<br>&gt=3B http://autox.team.net/mailm=
an/listinfo/healeys<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<br>&gt=3B <br></di=
v> 		 	   		  </div></body>
</html>=

--_a61ad8c4-4269-48ed-af81-b4440fcf8f98_--

--===============2390303004464332224==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2390303004464332224==--

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 20:20:54 -0500

Graeme, I had the following exchange earlier this evening with another
lister:
------------------------------------------------------
Larry, there is some confusion in my mind about the identities of the three
4000s that were built (it's a little-known fact that I am also the Registrar
for the 4000s (winking smiley face inserted here on the original).
 
One of the cars (a white one, VIN 624W1628) was purchased by Allan Casavant
of Charlotte, North Carolina in 2005 from Arthur Henry Carter of Norfolk,
England who had owned the car since 1978.  Mr. Casavant displayed the car at
the 2005 AHCA Conclave in Winston-Salem, NC and he also drove it on the
annual mountain tour sponsored by the Carolinas AHC in August 2006.  I saw
the car at both events.  Mr. Casavant was the "sugar daddy" of the proposed
A-H museum to be established at the Virginia International Raceway, but he
had the misfortune to go through a nasty divorce and ended up having to sell
off his 4000 (and a Silverstone, and probably a lot of other stuff I don't
know about).  That's how the Healey museum ended up in The Netherlands
rather than in Virginia.  The car was offered for sale, and then I lost
track of it until I saw the video by The Healey Factory.
Is it the same car?  Well, both are white and have the UK (style)
registration number PWD 663F.  That was the license plate on the car when I
saw it, and the car in the video has the same plate.
 
Of the other two, VIN 460W1001 (UK registration TNX 65G, a green car) was
owned by Peter Cox of Gloucestershire and at last report was owned by his
son Joe, also of Gloucestershire.  The third, VIN ADO/1002 or ADO24/1002
(was white, now red, or maybe now white) is the car owned by Peter Rowland.
Previously owned by John Gray, England (offered for sale in the AHCA
magazine Chatter, February 1994), previously owned by Steve Pike, Australia
(1974 - ?), and before that by Frank Allenby, England (Healey Highlights,
December 1975).
 
It's very possible that the car at The Healey Factory is different from the
one that was owned by Allan Casavant.  But then, why do they both have the
same UK registration number?
 
If you can shed any light to correct the histories or any of the other data,
I would very much like to have it.
 
Thanks,
Steve 

Hi Steve, are you sure about your information on the 4000? I have coffee at
the Healey Factory every Saturday morning, and the only 4000 I know of being
there is now fully restored and owned by Peter Rowland, Rob Rowlands
brother. That car has been in Australia for a very long time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Graeme Molony [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 7:51 PM
To: Max Byers; 'healeys'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

Steve

Not sure where you got your information from regarding the Rolls Healey 4000
being imported from North Carolina into Australia as to my knowledge there
were only 3 ever constructed with 2 still in England and one here in
Australia

Unless another one has been imported recently the car restored by The Healey
Factory for the owners brother back in 2011/12 was originally imported into
Australia by Steve Pike of Marsh Classic Restorations in 1974 from the
United Kingdom and has had only two subsequent owners including Peter
Rowland. Details of this car and its recent restoration appear in an article
in my local clubs magazine 'Hundreds and Thousands' in July 2012

You will all know Steve from his Streamliner project car and his appearances
at Bonneville and more recently for his restoration of one of the original
100S - NOJ 393 which to my knowledge is still the most expensive Healey ever
sold.

While there have been a large number of BJ8's imported into Australia over
the past few years ( We still have only approx. 300  hundred including my
car according to Patrick Quinn's records ) and only 8 were originally
imported this has now come to a grinding halt due to the devaluation of the
Australian $ which is only equivalent to about $0.75 US

In fact the worm has turned as a few days ago I was in at the Healey Factory
and they were converting a BN2 with some 100M add-ons  back to left hand
drive for re export to a buyer in the USA. Go figure that

Cheers

Graeme  Molony
( BJ8  29 yrs )
Mt. Martha
Aust.

[email-masked]

---

From: Derek Job <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 12:15:15 +0000

--===============5117321742573937218==

--001a11c2b67a1f26f8050f1f6c7a

Joe Cox sold his car to the Healey Museum last year.

Derek

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 1:20 AM, BJ8Healeys <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--001a11c2b67a1f26f8050f1f6c7a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Joe Cox sold his car to the Healey Museum last year.<div><=
br></div><div style>Derek</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div cl=
ass=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 1:20 AM, BJ8Healeys <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">sbyers@e=
c.rr.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Graeme, =
I had the following exchange earlier this evening with another<br>
lister:<br>
------------------------------------------------------<br>
Larry, there is some confusion in my mind about the identities of the three=
<br>
4000s that were built (it&#39;s a little-known fact that I am also the Regi=
strar<br>
for the 4000s (winking smiley face inserted here on the original).<br>
<br>
One of the cars (a white one, VIN 624W1628) was purchased by Allan Casavant=
<br>
of Charlotte, North Carolina in 2005 from Arthur Henry Carter of Norfolk,<b=
r>
England who had owned the car since 1978.=C2=A0 Mr. Casavant displayed the =
car at<br>
the 2005 AHCA Conclave in Winston-Salem, NC and he also drove it on the<br>
annual mountain tour sponsored by the Carolinas AHC in August 2006.=C2=A0 I=
 saw<br>
the car at both events.=C2=A0 Mr. Casavant was the &quot;sugar daddy&quot; =
of the proposed<br>
A-H museum to be established at the Virginia International Raceway, but he<=
br>
had the misfortune to go through a nasty divorce and ended up having to sel=
l<br>
off his 4000 (and a Silverstone, and probably a lot of other stuff I don&#3=
9;t<br>
know about).=C2=A0 That&#39;s how the Healey museum ended up in The Netherl=
ands<br>
rather than in Virginia.=C2=A0 The car was offered for sale, and then I los=
t<br>
track of it until I saw the video by The Healey Factory.<br>
Is it the same car?=C2=A0 Well, both are white and have the UK (style)<br>
registration number PWD 663F.=C2=A0 That was the license plate on the car w=
hen I<br>
saw it, and the car in the video has the same plate.<br>
<br>
Of the other two, VIN 460W1001 (UK registration TNX 65G, a green car) was<b=
r>
owned by Peter Cox of Gloucestershire and at last report was owned by his<b=
r>
son Joe, also of Gloucestershire.=C2=A0 The third, VIN ADO/1002 or ADO24/10=
02<br>
(was white, now red, or maybe now white) is the car owned by Peter Rowland.=
<br>
Previously owned by John Gray, England (offered for sale in the AHCA<br>
magazine Chatter, February 1994), previously owned by Steve Pike, Australia=
<br>
(1974 - ?), and before that by Frank Allenby, England (Healey Highlights,<b=
r>
December 1975).<br>
<br>
It&#39;s very possible that the car at The Healey Factory is different from=
 the<br>
one that was owned by Allan Casavant.=C2=A0 But then, why do they both have=
 the<br>
same UK registration number?<br>
<br>
If you can shed any light to correct the histories or any of the other data=
,<br>
I would very much like to have it.<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
Steve<br>
<br>
<br>
Hi Steve, are you sure about your information on the 4000? I have coffee at=
<br>
the Healey Factory every Saturday morning, and the only 4000 I know of bein=
g<br>
there is now fully restored and owned by Peter Rowland, Rob Rowlands<br>
brother. That car has been in Australia for a very long time.<br>
<br>
------------------------------------------------------------------------<br=
<span class=3D"im HOEnZb"><br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Graeme Molony [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">molony@do=
do.com.au</a>]<br>
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 7:51 PM<br>
To: Max Byers; &#39;healeys&#39;<br>
</span><span class=3D"im HOEnZb">Subject: Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails=
 of buyers<br>
<br>
</span><div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5">Steve<br>
<br>
Not sure where you got your information from regarding the Rolls Healey 400=
0<br>
being imported from North Carolina into Australia as to my knowledge there<=
br>
were only 3 ever constructed with 2 still in England and one here in<br>
Australia<br>
<br>
Unless another one has been imported recently the car restored by The Heale=
y<br>
Factory for the owners brother back in 2011/12 was originally imported into=
<br>
Australia by Steve Pike of Marsh Classic Restorations in 1974 from the<br>
United Kingdom and has had only two subsequent owners including Peter<br>
Rowland. Details of this car and its recent restoration appear in an articl=
e<br>
in my local clubs magazine &#39;Hundreds and Thousands&#39; in July 2012<br=
<br>
You will all know Steve from his Streamliner project car and his appearance=
s<br>
at Bonneville and more recently for his restoration of one of the original<=
br>
100S - NOJ 393 which to my knowledge is still the most expensive Healey eve=
r<br>
sold.<br>
<br>
While there have been a large number of BJ8&#39;s imported into Australia o=
ver<br>
the past few years ( We still have only approx. 300=C2=A0 hundred including=
 my<br>
car according to Patrick Quinn&#39;s records ) and only 8 were originally<b=
r>
imported this has now come to a grinding halt due to the devaluation of the=
<br>
Australian $ which is only equivalent to about $0.75 US<br>
<br>
In fact the worm has turned as a few days ago I was in at the Healey Factor=
y<br>
and they were converting a BN2 with some 100M add-ons=C2=A0 back to left ha=
nd<br>
drive for re export to a buyer in the USA. Go figure that<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
<br>
Graeme=C2=A0 Molony<br>
( BJ8=C2=A0 29 yrs )<br>
Mt. Martha<br>
Aust.<br>
<br>
<br>
</div></div><div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5">_______________________=
________________________<br>
nk">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/op=
tions/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</div></div></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a11c2b67a1f26f8050f1f6c7a--

--===============5117321742573937218==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5117321742573937218==--

---

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:18:30 +1100

Greetings

Actually there were six 4000 chassis built, but of these only three were
built into complete cars. These included the car that was owned by Arthur
Carter that was sold to Alan Casavant. He advertised it along with the
Silverstone a couple of years back. (Actually it was just a Silverstone, but
the V8 Cadillac engined car that features in so many of the publications)
Don't know where that 4000 is now. Then there was the Peter Cox car which is
now at the Healey Museum. The third car (which if my memory serves me
correctly was severely damaged many years back and rebuilt on one of the
spare chassis) was bought by Steve Pike and imported into Australia in 1974.
It is now owned by Peter Rowland in Melbourne.

Don't know what happened to the other two chassis, but I do recall that
another complete car was built in the UK about a decade ago. 

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
BJ8Healeys
Sent: Sunday, 15 February 2015 12:21 PM
To: 'healeys'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

 

 
Thanks,
Steve 

-----Original Message-----
From: Graeme Molony [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2015 7:51 PM
To: Max Byers; 'healeys'
Subject: Re: [Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

Steve

Cheers

Graeme  Molony
( BJ8  29 yrs )
Mt. Martha
Aust.

[email-masked]