Subject: [Healeys] 1048 Sprite Cylinder Head Question

From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 08:18:45 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1791953892890029643==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00F1_01D04C1C.AEA09860"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00F1_01D04C1C.AEA09860
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

A club member has the head off of his 1048 CC Sprite and it needs to be
trued up.

He is considering having it decked to raise the compression a bit.  This
does wonders on TR heads provided you don't go to far.  A bump to 9.25 :1 in
a TR6 is transformative.

There seems to be some mixed reactions about doing it on these ones, so I
figured I'd put it out to the list.

Thoughts?

Jonas Payne

PBR Consulting Services, LLC

702.882.6711

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Robert
Hughes
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 11:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Sprite Mk1 Price Details

Hi Patrick,
    The $1795.00 price shown in magazine advertisements was POE (Port of
Entry).  When I bought 
my Sprite (new) in 1960 in California, the base price was $1830.00,
presumably transportation 
cost added in.
        Added accessories were:
            Heater                    $60.00
            Tachometer          $30.00
            W/Washers           $15.00
            Tonneau                 $25.00   
            Sliding windows    $20.00
            Guards (bumper)   $30.00
            Sales tax                 $60.30   
            License Fee 1960  $24.00
                                            ------------
            Total                        $2094.30

I just read this off the original invoice -- yes, I still have it, as well
as the Sprite.
Present value?  Don't know...

Robert Hughes
1965 BJ8
1960 AN5

On 2/18/2015 9:38 PM, Patrick & Caroline Quinn wrote: 

G'day

I am writing a short article on the Sprite Mk1 that needs to include
original sale price and today's prices.

Would someone know the original sale price when the Bugeye was first
released in the US and where I can find what the cars are currently
bringing.

Many thanks

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia

------=_NextPart_000_00F1_01D04C1C.AEA09860
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a name=3D"_MailEndCompose"><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>A club member has the head off of his 1048 CC =
Sprite and it needs to be trued up.<o:p></o:p></span></a></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>He is considering having =
it decked to raise the compression a bit.&nbsp; This does wonders on TR =
heads provided you don&#8217;t go to far.&nbsp; A bump to 9.25 :1 in a =
TR6 is transformative.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>There seems to be some =
mixed reactions about doing it on these ones, so I figured I&#8217;d put =
it out to the list.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Thoughts?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Jonas =
Payne<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>PBR Consulting Services, =
LLC<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>702.882.6711<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'color:windowtext'> Healeys =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Robert =
Hughes<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, February 18, 2015 11:48 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] =
Sprite Mk1 Price Details<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hi =
Patrick,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The $1795.00 price shown in magazine =
advertisements was POE (Port of Entry).&nbsp; When I bought <br>my =
Sprite (new) in 1960 in California, the base price was $1830.00, =
presumably transportation <br>cost added in.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Added accessories were:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Heater&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; $60.00<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tachometer&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp; $30.00<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; W/Washers&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp; $15.00<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tonneau&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; $25.00&nbsp;&nbsp; =
<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sliding =
windows&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; $20.00<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Guards (bumper)&nbsp;&nbsp; =
$30.00<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sales =
tax&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp; $60.30&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; License Fee 1960&nbsp; =
$24.00<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ------------<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Total&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; $2094.30<br><br>I just read =
this off the original invoice -- yes, I still have it, as well as the =
Sprite.<br>Present value?&nbsp; Don't know...<br><br>Robert =
Hughes<br>1965 BJ8<br>1960 AN5<br><br><br>On 2/18/2015 9:38 PM, Patrick =
&amp; Caroline Quinn wrote: <span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p></o:p></span></p><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>G&#8217;day</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>I am =
writing a short article on the Sprite Mk1 that needs to include original =
sale price and today&#8217;s prices.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>Would =
someone know the original sale price when the Bugeye was first released =
in the US and where I can find what the cars are currently =
bringing.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>Many =
thanks</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>Patrick =
Quinn</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman",serif'>Blue =
Mountains, =
Australia</span><o:p></o:p></p><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbs=
p;</o:p></pre></blockquote><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00F1_01D04C1C.AEA09860--

--===============1791953892890029643==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1791953892890029643==--