Subject: [Healeys] Water Pump

From: "Roger Grace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:15:06 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0649262943354434816==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_026C_01D05360.F3B95680"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_026C_01D05360.F3B95680
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have identified that my BJ8 water pump is noisy.
First thought that it was the fan (bad at certain RPM) but after =
removing the belt it squeaks when rotated.
Looking at my drivers handbook, a lube point is shown.
However mine does not have one, only a small rectangular hole at the top =
and bottom that I think is for removing the bearing retaining clip....?
Noise sounds to me like a dry bearing. Is there any way to lubricate it =
in situ ??
There is no lateral or longitudinal bearing play and the pump is =
supposedly quite new per PO but not been used much.
Any ideas ? =E2=80=93or do I just bite the bullet and pull it and get a =
replacement; I note bearings are over 70% of cost of complete pump.
rg

------=_NextPart_000_026C_01D05360.F3B95680
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'; COLOR: =
#000000">
<DIV>I have identified that my BJ8 water pump is noisy.</DIV>
<DIV>First thought that it was the fan (bad at certain RPM) but after =
removing=20
the belt it squeaks when rotated.</DIV>
<DIV>Looking at my drivers handbook, a lube point is shown.</DIV>
<DIV>However mine does not have one, only a small rectangular hole at =
the top=20
and bottom that I think is for removing the bearing retaining =
clip....?</DIV>
<DIV>Noise sounds to me like a dry bearing. Is there any way to =
lubricate it in=20
situ ??</DIV>
<DIV>There is no lateral or longitudinal bearing play and the pump is =
supposedly=20
quite new per PO but not been used much.</DIV>
<DIV>Any ideas ? =E2=80=93or do I just bite the bullet and pull it and =
get a=20
replacement; I note bearings are over 70% of cost of complete =
pump.</DIV>
<DIV>rg</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_026C_01D05360.F3B95680--

--===============0649262943354434816==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0649262943354434816==--