Subject: [Healeys] Electrical (Mike Salter)

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 11:32:32 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2159459976174787249==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0008_01D04D00.EAE32D80"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D04D00.EAE32D80
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I remember an incident years ago working at Precision Sports Cars.  The =
mechanics had been working all morning on a mysterious electrical =
problem on a brand new Morgan Plus Eight.  They were scratching their =
heads, completely baffled, and had tried everything. Mike, who had been =
in his office, came out: "Are you guys still working on that Morgan ??". =

They called out explaining the symptoms and what they had tried, and =
that they were totally stymied.  Mike walked across the shop, and =
WITHOUT STOPPING at the car, casually said "The filaments in a taillight =
bulb are fused together".=20

The problem was fixed in minutes.

I have been in awe ever since.

Peter
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D04D00.EAE32D80
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I remember an incident years ago =
working at=20
Precision Sports Cars.&nbsp; The mechanics had been working all morning =
on a=20
mysterious electrical problem on a brand new Morgan Plus Eight.&nbsp; =
They were=20
scratching their heads, completely baffled, and had tried everything. =
Mike, who=20
had been in his office, came out: "Are you guys still working on that =
Morgan=20
??". </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>They called&nbsp;out explaining the =
symptoms and=20
what they had tried, and that they were totally stymied.&nbsp; Mike =
walked=20
across the shop, and WITHOUT STOPPING at the car, casually said "The =
filaments=20
in a taillight bulb are fused together".&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>The problem was fixed in =
minutes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I have been in awe ever =
since.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Peter</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D04D00.EAE32D80--

--===============2159459976174787249==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2159459976174787249==--

---

From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 14:29:36 -0800

--===============6199455489095035966==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_007B_01D04D19.A7038010"

------=_NextPart_000_007B_01D04D19.A7038010
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

One thing has not been mentioned in this thread.  Whenever I, or someone =
else, has had a problem with electrical flow, the first thing on my =
checklist is to check the connections at the battery.  Are the terminals =
and connectors clean and securely fastened?  That has solved an =
electrical problem more than once. =20

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
* * * * 200,066 miles * * * *

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Peter Svilans=20
  To: [email-masked]=20
  Sent: Friday, February 20, 2015 8:32 AM
  Subject: [Healeys] Electrical (Mike Salter)

  "The filaments in a taillight bulb are fused together".=20

  Peter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----

------=_NextPart_000_007B_01D04D19.A7038010
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16609">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>One thing has not been mentioned in this thread.&nbsp; Whenever I, =
or=20
someone else, has had a problem with electrical flow,&nbsp;the first =
thing on my=20
checklist&nbsp;is to check the connections at the battery.&nbsp; Are the =

terminals and connectors clean and securely fastened?&nbsp;&nbsp;That =
has solved=20
an electrical&nbsp;problem more than&nbsp;once.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>(The Other) Len<BR>Fairfield, CA, USA<BR>1967 AH 3000 MkIII,=20
HBJ8L39031</DIV>
<DIV>* * * * 200,066 miles * * * *</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=[email-masked] =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Peter=20
  Svilans</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, February 20, 2015 =
8:32=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Healeys] Electrical =
(Mike=20
  Salter)</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>"The filaments in a taillight bulb =
are fused=20
  together".&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I have been in awe ever =
since.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Peter</FONT></DIV>
  <P>
  <HR>

  <P></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_007B_01D04D19.A7038010--

--===============6199455489095035966==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6199455489095035966==--