Subject: [Healeys] Tires (Oh, No! Not again)

From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 21:54:26 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============5602687857787764107==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00A1_01D04645.4D8E8D20"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00A1_01D04645.4D8E8D20
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yes, again.  I have been searching availability of Vredestine tires.  =
They have been the last two sets on my car.  The first set was replaced =
due to age, not lack of tread.  When I purchased the current set, one =
was bad (pulled the car right or left depending which side it was =
mounted on) and had to be exchanged.  There was no problem getting the =
replacement tire.  Now, after six years, one of them developed a large =
blister in the sidewall.  I am reluctant to use Vredestein again as it =
would appear that the quality may be declining.  An e-mail on The List a =
few years ago indicated that ownership has gone from the Netherlands to =
Russia to India even though manufacture may still be in the Netherlands. =
 My research shows that Vredestines are getting harder to find and the =
price has gone up considerably in six years.=20

Two tires have been suggested as possible alternatives.  I would =
appreciate any comments, pro or con, on the the following tires:

Hankook 175/65R-15 H426=20

Toyo 175/65R-15 84H Ultra Z-900 all season BW

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031=20

------=_NextPart_000_00A1_01D04645.4D8E8D20
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16609">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Yes, again.&nbsp; I have been searching availability of Vredestine=20
tires.&nbsp; They have been the last two sets on my car.&nbsp; The first =
set was=20
replaced due to age, not lack of tread.&nbsp; When I purchased the =
current set,=20
one was bad (pulled the car right or left depending which side it was =
mounted=20
on) and had to be exchanged.&nbsp; There was no problem getting the =
replacement=20
tire.&nbsp; Now, after six years, one of them developed a large blister =
in the=20
sidewall.&nbsp; I am&nbsp;reluctant to&nbsp;use Vredestein again as it =
would=20
appear that the quality may be declining.&nbsp; An e-mail on The List a =
few=20
years ago indicated that ownership has gone from the Netherlands to =
Russia to=20
India even though manufacture may still be in the Netherlands.&nbsp; My =
research=20
shows that Vredestines are getting harder&nbsp;to find and the price has =
gone up=20
considerably in six years.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Two&nbsp;tires have been&nbsp;suggested as possible =
alternatives.&nbsp; I=20
would appreciate any comments, pro or con, on the the following =
tires:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hankook 175/65R-15 H426 </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Toyo 175/65R-15 84H Ultra Z-900 all season BW</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>(The Other) Len<BR>Fairfield, CA, USA<BR>1967 AH 3000 MkIII,=20
HBJ8L39031&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00A1_01D04645.4D8E8D20--

--===============5602687857787764107==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5602687857787764107==--