Subject: [Healeys] FW: Cavity paint.

From: J Armour <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 15:28:44 +1100

On 19/03/15 3:27 PM, "J & L Armour" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
>On 19/03/15 2:50 PM, "David Lodge" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>Hello Roland, and thanks for that!
>>
>>Yes, I'm familiar with Waxoyl, having taken the trouble to lug a gallon
>>with me on returning from holiday in England years before it became
>>available on this side of the pond!  In fact, I used it on the cavities
>>of my wife's Alfa-Romeo after the primer coat went on.  What I had in
>>mind in this case was a coating which would be easy to apply before the
>>two sills are welded together.  Waxoyl applied under pressure would be
>>an 
>>excellent finishing touch to combat the extreme wet weather hereabouts
>>(Vancouver)!  
>>
>>If this seems like overkill, I'm determined not to have the thing
>>degenerate as it has previously!
>>
>>Best wishes, D
>
>
>When I did a body-building and then auto paint course we were addressed
>by 
>an industry rep. presenting his anti-rust paint products.
>
>After he had left the room the head teacher said "his products are good
>and use them if you wish" but always use fish-oil as well. It has great
>capillary action to find its way into body joins and corners. You can get
>low odour versions. It can be brushed or sprayed.
>Maybe not fashionable but it is good. Eventually dries to a varnish
>effect. Best for inside chassis and unsighted areas

	Joe

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 04:17:34 -0700

Maybe off-topic a bit, but there is a product called 'weld-through 
primer' that can be applied to pieces that are to be welded together; 
e.g. on a lap joint.  It is supposed to prevent rust; I believe it has a 
very high zinc content so that it allows weld current to flow.

Bob

[email-masked]