Subject: [Healeys] Smiths Speedometer Question

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:46:18 -0400

--===============5071937492096941985==
	boundary="_6f507b17-2b81-41ec-9ad3-43667412cd38_"

--_6f507b17-2b81-41ec-9ad3-43667412cd38_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I am trying to put my Smiths Speedometer (4" diameter=2C out of our BJ8) me=
chanism back into its case. The problem appears to be the trip odometer res=
t rod. It will not "push in" far enough to let the mechanism fit down into =
the case. I am starting to wonder if my reset rod is non-original=2C and to=
o long. It measures 80 mm in length. Can anyone confirm what the length sho=
uld be? Thanks in advance..
=20
Geoff =20
 		 	   		  =

--_6f507b17-2b81-41ec-9ad3-43667412cd38_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
<body class=3D'hmmessage'><div dir=3D'ltr'>I am trying to put my Smiths Spe=
edometer&nbsp=3B(4" diameter=2C out of our BJ8) mechanism back into its cas=
e.&nbsp=3BThe problem appears to be the trip odometer rest rod. It will not=
 "push in" far enough to let the mechanism fit down into the case. I am sta=
rting to wonder if my reset rod is non-original=2C and too long. It measure=
s 80 mm in length. Can anyone confirm what the length should be? Thanks in =
advance..<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>Geoff&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B<BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>
</html>=

--_6f507b17-2b81-41ec-9ad3-43667412cd38_--

--===============5071937492096941985==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5071937492096941985==--

---

From: Laurie Wilford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 10:29:12 -0400

--===============4551980830969626738==
	boundary="_71d0632d-9fa4-47ee-bd72-be3e12ba7c05_"

--_71d0632d-9fa4-47ee-bd72-be3e12ba7c05_
	boundary="_c57d472e-bf61-4d66-9338-7f5c05f40555_"

--_c57d472e-bf61-4d66-9338-7f5c05f40555_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Although you can pull the speedo apart with the trip lever on and the face =
attached=2C the correct way is to carefully remove the needle and the face.=
 You must do this to put the speedo back together.

Laurie

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Fido network.
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Friday=2C March 13=2C 2015 10:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Smiths Speedometer Question

Geoff

--_c57d472e-bf61-4d66-9338-7f5c05f40555_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html=3B charset=3Dutf-8">
</head>
<body class=3D"hmmessage" style=3D"background-color: rgb(255=2C 255=2C 255)=
=3B line-height: initial=3B">
<div style=3D"width: 100%=3B font-size: initial=3B font-family: Calibri=2C =
'Slate Pro'=2C sans-serif=3B color: rgb(31=2C 73=2C 125)=3B text-align: ini=
tial=3B background-color: rgb(255=2C 255=2C 255)=3B">
Although you can pull the speedo apart with the trip lever on and the face =
attached=2C the correct way is to carefully remove the needle and the face.=
 You must do this to put the speedo back together.&nbsp=3B</div>
<div style=3D"width: 100%=3B font-size: initial=3B font-family: Calibri=2C =
'Slate Pro'=2C sans-serif=3B color: rgb(31=2C 73=2C 125)=3B text-align: ini=
tial=3B background-color: rgb(255=2C 255=2C 255)=3B">
<span style=3D"font-size: initial=3B line-height: initial=3B text-align: in=
itial=3B font-family: Calibri=2C 'Slate Pro'=2C sans-serif=3B"><br>
</span></div>
<div style=3D"width: 100%=3B font-size: initial=3B font-family: Calibri=2C =
'Slate Pro'=2C sans-serif=3B color: rgb(31=2C 73=2C 125)=3B text-align: ini=
tial=3B background-color: rgb(255=2C 255=2C 255)=3B">
<span style=3D"font-size: initial=3B line-height: initial=3B text-align: in=
itial=3B font-family: Calibri=2C 'Slate Pro'=2C sans-serif=3B">Laurie
</span></div>
<div style=3D"width: 100%=3B font-size: initial=3B font-family: Calibri=2C =
'Slate Pro'=2C sans-serif=3B color: rgb(31=2C 73=2C 125)=3B text-align: ini=
tial=3B background-color: rgb(255=2C 255=2C 255)=3B">
<br style=3D"display:initial">
</div>
<div style=3D"font-size: initial=3B font-family: Calibri=2C 'Slate Pro'=2C =
sans-serif=3B color: rgb(31=2C 73=2C 125)=3B text-align: initial=3B backgro=
und-color: rgb(255=2C 255=2C 255)=3B">
Sent&nbsp=3Bfrom&nbsp=3Bmy&nbsp=3BBlackBerry&nbsp=3B10&nbsp=3Bsmartphone&nb=
sp=3Bon&nbsp=3Bthe&nbsp=3BFido&nbsp=3Bnetwork.</div>
<table width=3D"100%" style=3D"background-color:white=3Bborder-spacing:0px=
=3B">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td colspan=3D"2" style=3D"font-size: initial=3B text-align: initial=3B bac=
kground-color: rgb(255=2C 255=2C 255)=3B">
<div style=3D"border-style: solid none none=3B border-top-color: rgb(181=2C=
 196=2C 223)=3B border-top-width: 1pt=3B padding: 3pt 0in 0in=3B font-famil=
y: Tahoma=2C 'BB Alpha Sans'=2C 'Slate Pro'=3B font-size: 10pt=3B">
<div><b>From: </b>[email-masked]</div>
<div><b>Sent: </b>Friday=2C March 13=2C 2015 10:48 AM</div>
<div><b>To: </b>[email-masked]</div>
<div><b>Subject: </b>[Healeys] Smiths Speedometer Question</div>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<div style=3D"border-style: solid none none=3B border-top-color: rgb(186=2C=
 188=2C 209)=3B border-top-width: 1pt=3B font-size: initial=3B text-align: =
initial=3B background-color: rgb(255=2C 255=2C 255)=3B">
</div>
<br>
<style>
<!--
.x_hmmessage=20
	{margin:0px=3B
	padding:0px}
body.x_hmmessage
	{font-size:12pt=3B
	font-family:Calibri}
-->
</style>
<div class=3D"x_hmmessage">
<div dir=3D"ltr">I am trying to put my Smiths Speedometer&nbsp=3B(4&quot=3B=
 diameter=2C out of our BJ8) mechanism back into its case.&nbsp=3BThe probl=
em appears to be the trip odometer rest rod. It will not &quot=3Bpush in&qu=
ot=3B far enough to let the mechanism fit down into the case. I am starting
 to wonder if my reset rod is non-original=2C and too long. It measures 80 =
mm in length. Can anyone confirm what the length should be? Thanks in advan=
ce..<br>
&nbsp=3B<br>
Geoff&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B<br>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_c57d472e-bf61-4d66-9338-7f5c05f40555_--

--_71d0632d-9fa4-47ee-bd72-be3e12ba7c05_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--_71d0632d-9fa4-47ee-bd72-be3e12ba7c05_--

--===============4551980830969626738==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4551980830969626738==--