Subject: [Healeys] Adhesives

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:14:00 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============3044423474617498618==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0008_01D0661B.3F1427A0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D0661B.3F1427A0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

BTW I'd recommend spraying the glue.  This allows you to quickly put a =
large even coat overall onto the surface of a fibrous material like =
Armacord.  This gives you an even "tacking off" time for both surfaces.

If you start applying loaded brushfulls of glue onto jute material, most =
of the glue is soaked up locally,  leaving very little for spreading =
out.  You end up with a number of wet spots that aren't tacking off =
evenly.    A brush works well on a smooth metal surface, of course.

While the spray gun can be adjusted to give a narrow pattern which can =
shoot glue quite accurately, in some vinyl applications you have to use =
a brush because of overspray. =20

Peter
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D0661B.3F1427A0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>BTW I'd recommend spraying the =
glue.&nbsp; This=20
allows you to quickly put a large even coat overall onto the surface of =
a=20
fibrous material like Armacord.&nbsp; This gives you an even "tacking =
off" time=20
for both surfaces.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>If you start&nbsp;applying loaded =
brushfulls of=20
glue onto jute material, most of the glue is soaked up locally, =
&nbsp;leaving=20
very little for spreading out.&nbsp; You end up with a number of wet =
spots that=20
aren't&nbsp;tacking off&nbsp;evenly.&nbsp; &nbsp; A brush works well on =
a smooth=20
metal surface, of course.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>While the spray gun can be adjusted to =
give a=20
narrow pattern which can shoot glue quite accurately, in some&nbsp;vinyl =

applications&nbsp;you have to use a brush because of overspray.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Peter</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01D0661B.3F1427A0--

--===============3044423474617498618==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3044423474617498618==--