Subject: Re: [Healeys] new tyres

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 07:13:59 -0400

I've always thought it best to have the best tires on the front rather than
the rear.  I've had a blow-out on the rear at about 65 and had no trouble
controlling the car until I got off the road, but I don't know if it would
be that easy if a tire blew on the front.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
healeymanjim
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 12:47 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] new tyres

my choice is new tires on the front, unless you have added power steering. I
would opt for the new tires on the rear in that case.

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: "Tim Ward" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:52:07 -0000

Thanks Steve, I tend to agree with you, but I shall probably bite the bullet
and change the other two tyres as they are 10 years old and probably not
trustworthy,

All the best

Tim

Tim Ward
Warwick House
12 Mill Road
Kislingbury
NN7 4BB
Tel: 07855 388 751

http://www.shuttermagic.co.uk/
http://www.kislingburyonline.co.uk/index.php

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
BJ8Healeys
Sent: 17 March 2015 11:14
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] new tyres

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----

$12.75

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 20:23:12 +0800

--===============8294603647480912886==

--089e0160c11ac5f71c05117b0759

All I have to say about this is if your tires are more than five years old
you should consider replacing them all.  I've had seven year old tires with
no tread loss not be able to stop adequately in wet conditions because the
rubber is so hard!

> be that easy if a tire blew on the front.

--089e0160c11ac5f71c05117b0759
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">All I have to say about this is if your tires are more tha=
n five years old you should consider replacing them all.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve had=
 seven year old tires with no tread loss not be able to stop adequately in =
wet conditions because the rubber is so hard!<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br=
><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 7:13 PM, BJ8Healeys <sp=
an dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">sb=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" s=
tyle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I&#3=
9;ve always thought it best to have the best tires on the front rather than=
<br>
the rear.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve had a blow-out on the rear at about 65 and had no =
trouble<br>
controlling the car until I got off the road, but I don&#39;t know if it wo=
uld<br>
be that easy if a tire blew on the front.<br>
<br>
Steve Byers<br>
HBJ8L/36666<br>
BJ8 Registry<br>
AHCA Delegate at Large<br>
Havelock, NC=C2=A0 USA<br>
<div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5"><br></div></div></blockquote></div>=
</div></div>

--089e0160c11ac5f71c05117b0759--

--===============8294603647480912886==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8294603647480912886==--

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 08:43:36 -0400 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0027_01D0608E.759F2190"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01D0608E.759F2190
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0028_01D0608E.759F2190"

------=_NextPart_001_0028_01D0608E.759F2190
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Well, the tire that blew on me was a pretty old Michelin XZX with plenty =
of tread left (photos attached).  This happened quite a while before the =
dangers of old tires began to be discussed on the list.  I'm a believer =
now in getting rid of them due to age, rather than wear.  Note the =
damage to the rear fender behind the wheel due to the tread flailing =
before I could get stopped. =20

By the way, I had some warning of a problem but wasn't smart enough to =
figure out what it was.  A slight side-to-side sway developed at low =
speed, which probably was caused by a delamination of the sidewall.

=20

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC  USA

=20

From: Alan Seigrist [mailto:[email-masked]]=20
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:23 AM
To: BJ8Healeys
Cc: Healey list
Subject: Re: [Healeys] new tyres

=20

All I have to say about this is if your tires are more than five years =
old you should consider replacing them all.  I've had seven year old =
tires with no tread loss not be able to stop adequately in wet =
conditions because the rubber is so hard!

=20

I've always thought it best to have the best tires on the front rather =
than
the rear.  I've had a blow-out on the rear at about 65 and had no =
trouble
controlling the car until I got off the road, but I don't know if it =
would
be that easy if a tire blew on the front.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

=20

------=_NextPart_001_0028_01D0608E.759F2190
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Well, the tire that blew on me was a pretty old =
Michelin XZX with plenty of tread left (photos attached).=C2=A0 This =
happened quite a while before the dangers of old tires began to be =
discussed on the list.=C2=A0 I'm a believer now in getting rid of them =
due to age, rather than wear.=C2=A0 Note the damage to the rear fender =
behind the wheel due to the tread flailing before I could get =
stopped.=C2=A0 <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans MS";color:#002060'>By =
the way, I had some warning of a problem but wasn't smart enough to =
figure out what it was.=C2=A0 A slight side-to-side sway developed at =
low speed, which probably was caused by a delamination of the =
sidewall.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 Registry<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC=C2=A0 USA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Alan Seigrist [mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, =
March 17, 2015 8:23 AM<br><b>To:</b> BJ8Healeys<br><b>Cc:</b> Healey =
list<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] new =
tyres<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>All I =
have to say about this is if your tires are more than five years old you =
should consider replacing them all.&nbsp; I've had seven year old tires =
with no tread loss not be able to stop adequately in wet conditions =
because the rubber is so hard!<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On Tue, =
Mar 17, 2015 at 7:13 PM, BJ8Healeys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I've always thought it best to have the best tires on =
the front rather than<br>the rear.&nbsp; I've had a blow-out on the rear =
at about 65 and had no trouble<br>controlling the car until I got off =
the road, but I don't know if it would<br>be that easy if a tire blew on =
the front.<br><br>Steve Byers<br>HBJ8L/36666<br>BJ8 Registry<br>AHCA =
Delegate at Large<br>Havelock, NC&nbsp; USA<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></div></div></div></di=
v></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0028_01D0608E.759F2190--

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01D0608E.759F2190
	name="Blowout 0003.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Blowout 0003.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01D0608E.759F2190
	name="blowout0001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="blowout0001.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01D0608E.759F2190
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01D0608E.759F2190--

---

From: "SKIP SAUNDERS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 09:54:52 -0400

There are really two different conversations going on here.   The advocates
of "newest" tires on the rear are citing skid control videos which clearly
indicate one wishes tires with the best tread on the rear to preserve
stability.  The advocates of "newest" tires on the front have expressed
concerns over integrity of the tires and the challenges of preserving
stability in the event of a blowout.

Those are two very different scenarios.  If you have concerns about a
blowout, you definitely want the weaker tires on the rear because a blowout
on the front will severely jerk your steering wheel ... perhaps enough to
cause swerving into oncoming traffic or over a cliff.   Interestingly
enough, the proper reaction to a front wheel blowout is to add power.... (It
is complicated, but drivers of big vehicles are trained to do it this way.
... see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkwOE1yKY5c)   Once control is
established over the direction the vehicle is moving, only then can you
concentrate on slowing down.

If you have concerns about merely losing traction on wet pavement, then you
definitely want the weaker tires on the front because it is the rear tires
that establish the foundation for your travel direction.... (it is again
complicated, but the front tires merely do some "pointing" ... race car
drivers know that you can manage over/under steer via the power you apply to
the driving wheels)

Therefore, if there is any question about tire replacement:   Replace all 4
(or 5 as the case may be) with good tread.  Your life and the integrity of
the car are easily worth the slight extra expense of ensuring good rubber on
the road.

-----Original Message-----

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "David Nock BCS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 08:35:01 -0700

--===============8284833364463610552==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00DD_01D0608D.42A1F570"

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01D0608D.42A1F570
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

This is exactly why the say you should replace your tires at 7 years. I =
have seen many tires that are 15 to 20 years old with lots of good =
tread. If you run your hand over the tread you can feel the seperation =
inside the tires usually.

What is the date code on these tires? These tires have not been =
available for a long time I bet they are at least 15 years old and =
probably older.

This is not a new thing. I have had many articles that we have had in =
the National magazines as far back as probably 15 years ago talking =
about paying attention to the YOM of your tires. I have had many people =
over the years disagree until they have something like this happen to =
them.

David Nock
British Car Specialists
209-948-8767
www.britishcarspecialists.com

From: BJ8Healeys=20
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 5:43 AM
To: 'Healey list'=20
Subject: Re: [Healeys] new tyres

=20

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC  USA

=20

=20

=20

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

=20

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01D0608D.42A1F570
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:v =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m =3D=20
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)">
<STYLE><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-US dir=3Dltr link=3Dblue vLink=3Dpurple>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>This is exactly why the say you should replace your tires at 7 =
years. I=20
have seen many tires that are 15 to 20 years old with lots of good =
tread. If you=20
run your hand over the tread you can feel the seperation inside the =
tires=20
usually.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What is the date code on these tires? These tires have not been =
available=20
for a long time I bet they are at least 15 years old and probably =
older.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This is not a new thing. I have had many articles that we have had =
in the=20
National magazines as far back as probably 15 years ago talking about =
paying=20
attention to the YOM of your tires. I have had many people over the =
years=20
disagree until they have something like this happen to them.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Century'; COLOR: =
#000000">David=20
Nock<BR>British Car=20
Specialists<BR>209-948-8767<BR>www.britishcarspecialists.com</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">BJ8Healeys</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, March 17, 2015 5:43 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">'Healey list'</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Healeys] new tyres</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV class=3DWordSection1>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>Well, the=20
tire that blew on me was a pretty old Michelin XZX with plenty of tread =
left=20
(photos attached).&nbsp; This happened quite a while before the dangers =
of old=20
tires began to be discussed on the list.&nbsp; I'm a believer now in =
getting rid=20
of them due to age, rather than wear.&nbsp; Note the damage to the rear =
fender=20
behind the wheel due to the tread flailing before I could get =
stopped.&nbsp;=20
<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>By the=20
way, I had some warning of a problem but wasn't smart enough to figure =
out what=20
it was.&nbsp; A slight side-to-side sway developed at low speed, which =
probably=20
was caused by a delamination of the sidewall.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'><o:p></o:p></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>Steve=20
Byers<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>HBJ8L/36666<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>BJ8=20
Registry<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>AHCA=20
Delegate at Large<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'>Havelock,=20
NC&nbsp; USA<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Comic Sans MS"; COLOR: =
#002060'><o:p></o:p></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV=20
style=3D"BORDER-TOP: #b5c4df 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; =
BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 3pt; =
PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in">
<P class=3DMsoNormal><B><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</SPAN></B><SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Tahoma","sans-serif"'> Alan =
Seigrist=20
[mailto:[email-masked]] <BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, March 17, 2015 =
8:23=20
AM<BR><B>To:</B> BJ8Healeys<BR><B>Cc:</B> Healey list<BR><B>Subject:</B> =
Re:=20
[Healeys] new tyres<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P></DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><o:p></o:p>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>All I have to say about this is if your tires are =
more than=20
five years old you should consider replacing them all.&nbsp; I've had =
seven year=20
old tires with no tread loss not be able to stop adequately in wet =
conditions=20
because the rubber is so hard!<o:p></o:p></P>
<DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><o:p></o:p>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 7:13 PM, BJ8Healeys &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D_blank>[email-masked]</A>&gt;=20
wrote:<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>I've always thought it best to have the best tires =
on the=20
front rather than<BR>the rear.&nbsp; I've had a blow-out on the rear at =
about 65=20
and had no trouble<BR>controlling the car until I got off the road, but =
I don't=20
know if it would<BR>be that easy if a tire blew on the =
front.<BR><BR>Steve=20
Byers<BR>HBJ8L/36666<BR>BJ8 Registry<BR>AHCA Delegate at =
Large<BR>Havelock,=20
NC&nbsp; USA<o:p></o:p></P>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<P =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p></o:p>&nbsp;</P></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DI=
V>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR>Support Team.Net=20
$12.75<BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<BR>Forums:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR>=
<BR></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01D0608D.42A1F570--

--===============8284833364463610552==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8284833364463610552==--