Subject: [Healeys] Water Pumps

From: J Armour <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 20:31:33 +1100

--===============0203718007272849323==

--B_3508173098_818092
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

My experience with asian engineering products is that most small  volume
suppliers ( by their standards ) do not understand why we are obsessed with
all this Quality stuff. After all look at some of the images we see of
equipment they find acceptable to continue using.
But in my case they can produce items to a required standard and this can be
achieved at a price if 'we' have our inspectors on site. When the old
sub-contract a local representative ( on cost basis ) there becomes the
issue of who is paying whom for the acceptance of our goods?  Local
inspectors I suspect have greater loyalty to the terms of payment from an
local asian company who will give then regular payments  rather than a
'small' purchaser from , in my case Australia. Subcontracting relies on my
piece of paper and its terms makes someone else responsible.
Check on Google for the lastest supply problem and health problems with
Chinese berries --  all having passed Chinese and Australian standards of
food preparation. The ultimate responsibility was probably passed down to a
farmer who still uses toilet waste for his fertiliser while a whole range of
businessmen sit on their QA certificates.

The company I worked for made a lot of money correcting the cheaper from
overseas items bought into the country with Q.A. And Inspection documents
supporting the goods to be ' as per order'.

Some time ago in China I saw lightbulbs being assembled in a converted cow
shed and I could hardly see the process as the shed had only one 40 watt
lightbulb.  They also had a pile of bicycle brake assembles laying on the
ground. Another visit I was show around a major mining engineering workshop
and there was a 250 mm bore very expensive roller bearing siting on the
floor uncovered and with a layer of dust on and in the bearing. Their
solution was we will wipe it over before installation and then have a
bearing where we previously did not have a bearing = success!!!

--B_3508173098_818092
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: s=
pace; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size:=
 14px; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><div>My experience with asian eng=
ineering products is that most small &nbsp;volume suppliers ( by their stand=
ards ) do not understand why we are obsessed with all this Quality stuff. Af=
ter all look at some of the images we see of equipment they find acceptable =
to continue using.</div><div>But in my case they can produce items to a requ=
ired standard and this can be achieved at a price if 'we' have our inspector=
s on site. When the old sub-contract a local representative ( on cost basis =
) there becomes the issue of who is paying whom for the acceptance of our go=
ods? &nbsp;Local inspectors I suspect have greater loyalty to the terms of p=
ayment from an local asian company who will give then regular payments &nbsp=
;rather than a 'small' purchaser from , in my case Australia. Subcontracting=
 relies on my piece of paper and its terms makes someone else responsible.</=
div><div>Check on Google for the lastest supply problem and health problems =
with Chinese berries -- &nbsp;all having passed Chinese and Australian stand=
ards of food preparation. The ultimate responsibility was probably passed do=
wn to a farmer who still uses toilet waste for his fertiliser while a whole =
range of businessmen sit on their QA certificates.</div><div><br></div><div>=
The company I worked for made a lot of money correcting the cheaper from ove=
rseas items bought into the country with Q.A. And Inspection documents suppo=
rting the goods to be ' as per order'.</div><div><br></div><div>Some time ag=
o in China I saw lightbulbs being assembled in a converted cow shed and I co=
uld hardly see the process as the shed had only one 40 watt lightbulb. &nbsp=
;They also had a pile of bicycle brake assembles laying on the ground. Anoth=
er visit I was show around a major mining engineering workshop and there was=
 a 250 mm bore very expensive roller bearing siting on the floor uncovered a=
nd with a layer of dust on and in the bearing. Their solution was we will wi=
pe it over before installation and then have a bearing where we previously d=
id not have a bearing =3D success!!!</div></body></html>

--B_3508173098_818092--

--===============0203718007272849323==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0203718007272849323==--