Subject: [Healeys] Starter resistance

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:49:06 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8157424398146319613==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0034_01D0785C.DFFC1B70"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01D0785C.DFFC1B70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I am back to having starter motor issues.

The starter turns over very slowly and will stop turning at all. I bypassed
the battery cutoff switch because it was getting hot, which indicates too
much resistance. Now when I turn over the starter, using the ignition
switch, the cable from the solenoid to the starter motor gets hot at the
connection to the starter motor. All connections are tight.

The battery is fully charged.

What could be causing the cable to overheat? What should I check?

Thank you,

John Spaur

'62 BT7

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01D0785C.DFFC1B70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I am back to having starter motor =
issues.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The starter turns over very slowly and will stop =
turning at all. I bypassed the battery cutoff switch because it was =
getting hot, which indicates too much resistance. Now when I turn over =
the starter, using the ignition switch, the cable from the solenoid to =
the starter motor gets hot at the connection to the starter motor. All =
connections are tight.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The battery =
is fully charged.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>What could =
be causing the cable to overheat? What should I check?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thank =
you,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>John Spaur<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&#8217;62 BT7<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0034_01D0785C.DFFC1B70--

--===============8157424398146319613==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============8157424398146319613==--