Subject: [Healeys] Radiator Overflow solution anyone

From: "Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 21:03:11 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1352699609547578107==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D081F6.BDD64AE0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D081F6.BDD64AE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

The BN6 does not have a radiator overflow and leaves a big puddle in the
garage after every drive.

My brother, the hot rodder, suggested a thin chromed overflow canister
available at most rod shops and amazon. I am not sure if there is enough
room and  it would look to out of place. 

Does anyone have a picture of an elegant and easy solution.

Thank you

Ross Maylor

1958 BN6

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D081F6.BDD64AE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
name=3D"_MailEndCompose"><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>The BN6 does not =
have a radiator overflow and leaves a big puddle in the garage after =
every drive.<o:p></o:p></span></a></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>My brother, the hot rodder, suggested a thin =
chromed overflow canister available at most rod shops and amazon. I am =
not sure if there is enough room and &nbsp;it would look to out of =
place. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Does anyone have a picture of an elegant and =
easy solution.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Thank =
you<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Ross Maylor<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>1958 =
BN6<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D081F6.BDD64AE0--

--===============1352699609547578107==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1352699609547578107==--

---

From: "Steve B. Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 10:57:13 -0800

Moss is now making a repro of this overflow tank so you may get this one for a very good price indeed. The tank is brass underneath the black paint.

I have this setup. see:
http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/158387660
MG tank has 7 lb cap - any cap will do, but it must be kept loose; tank is kept half full with radiator overflow hose attached; radiator clear full; 7 lb cap on rad. Radiator cap requires additional gasket, see this and succeeding pictures:
http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/126925316

Healey 7lb cap has small relief valve in center of large overflow valve.

Using this setup, radiator will remain clear full at all times.

-- 
Steve Gerow
Altadena, CA
BN6 - 29D with MG overflow Tank
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]