Subject: Re: [Healeys] Boot lid seal

From: Larry Wendland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 22:50:15 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
To: healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Apr 21, 2015 8:56 pm
Subject: [Healeys] Boot lid seal

The concave side faces out in order to contact the lip of the shroud when the lid is shut.

Larry
'67 BJ8

Hello listers,  
  
I'm about to glue on the trunk or boot lid seal, and I see that the two edges are slightly different.    

As per my attachment, one side is more bulbous, and the other is sharper.  
  
So...which side faces in, and which side faces out?  

  
Thanks,  
  
Stephen, BJ8   

_______________________________________________Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.htmlSuggested annual donation  $12.75Archive:http://www.team.net/archiveForums:http://www.team.net/[email-masked]://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeysUnsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: Larry Wendland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 23:49:49 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
To: healeys <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Apr 21, 2015 8:56 pm
Subject: [Healeys] Boot lid seal

 Stephen, The concave side faces the lip of the shroud.  The lip
contacts the seal in the center of the concave surface ideally.  

Larry
'67
BJ8

Hello listers,  

  

  
Thanks,  
  
Stephen, BJ8   

[email-masked]

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 07:21:22 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============8796044737768818718==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0188_01D07CCC.F00B0110"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0188_01D07CCC.F00B0110
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Rounded side toward the outer perimeter of the boot lid, sharp side in.

=20

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC  USA

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
Stephen Hutchings
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Boot lid seal

=20

Hello listers,

I'm about to glue on the trunk or boot lid seal, and I see that the two =
edges are slightly different.=20

As per my attachment, one side is more bulbous, and the other is =
sharper.

=20

Thanks,

Stephen, BJ8

------=_NextPart_000_0188_01D07CCC.F00B0110
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:HelveticaNeue;
	panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Rounded side toward the outer perimeter of the boot =
lid, sharp side in.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 Registry<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC=C2=A0 USA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Stephen Hutchings<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:52 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] =
Boot lid seal<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1429663556006_9074"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"HelveticaNeue","serif";color:black'>Hello =
listers,<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1429663556006_9131"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"HelveticaNeue","serif";color:black'>I'm about to =
glue on the trunk or boot lid seal, and I see that the two edges are =
slightly different. <o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1429663556006_9130"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"HelveticaNeue","serif";color:black'>As per my =
attachment, one side is more bulbous, and the other is =
sharper.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1429663556006_9119"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"HelveticaNeue","serif";color:black'>So...which =
side faces in, and which side faces out?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1429663556006_9196"><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"HelveticaNeue","serif";color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"HelveticaNeue","serif";color:black'>Thanks,<o:p></o=
:p></span></p></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1429663556006_9197"><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:white'><span =
style=3D'font-family:"HelveticaNeue","serif";color:black'>Stephen, =
BJ8<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0188_01D07CCC.F00B0110--

--===============8796044737768818718==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8796044737768818718==--