Subject: [Healeys] Front Crank Pulley Seal replacement

From: "Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 11:43:32 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============7889127844027585586==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0013_01D075DF.114AB590"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D075DF.114AB590
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi guys, does anyone know if it=E2=80=99s possible to replace the front =
pulley timing cover oil seal of a Healey 3000 MkIII without removing the =
engine? It looks like the front cross member might just prevent the =
pulley from being removed. I had thought of undoing the engine mounts =
and jacking up the engine so the pulley is clear of the cross member. Is =
there enough room to do this?

Thanks

Tom

1965 AH3000 MKIII BJ8
1960 MGA 1600
1989 Mini Park Lane.

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D075DF.114AB590
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Hi guys, does anyone know if it=E2=80=99s possible to replace the =
front pulley=20
timing cover oil seal of a Healey 3000 MkIII without removing the =
engine? It=20
looks like the front cross member might just prevent the pulley from =
being=20
removed. I had thought of undoing the engine mounts and jacking up the =
engine so=20
the pulley is clear of the cross member. Is there enough room to do =
this?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Tom</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1965 AH3000 MKIII BJ8</DIV>
<DIV>1960 MGA 1600</DIV>
<DIV>1989 Mini Park Lane.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D075DF.114AB590--

--===============7889127844027585586==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7889127844027585586==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 05:35:14 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============9202087995728124916==
 boundary="------------090602000008090004090206"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090602000008090004090206
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Short answer: yes.  Did this last year on my BJ8.  You will have to lift 
the front of the engine a couple inches; detach the throttle linkage so 
it doesn't get bent and IIRC I disconnected the frame->OD tie rod as 
well.  You'll probably need to jack under the pan--use a large piece of 
wood to spread the load.

The most difficult task for me was getting the big nut on the pulley 
undone; it's likely (should be) torqued on there to the tune of 150 
ft-lbs or so.

Bob

On 4/13/2015 3:43 AM, Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd wrote:
> Hi guys, does anyone know if it’s possible to replace the front pulley 
> timing cover oil seal of a Healey 3000 MkIII without removing the 
> engine? It looks like the front cross member might just prevent the 
> pulley from being removed. I had thought of undoing the engine mounts 
> and jacking up the engine so the pulley is clear of the cross member. 
> Is there enough room to do this?
> Thanks
> Tom
> 1965 AH3000 MKIII BJ8
> 1960 MGA 1600
> 1989 Mini Park Lane.
>
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------090602000008090004090206
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    Short answer: yes.  Did this last year on my BJ8.  You will have to
    lift the front of the engine a couple inches; detach the throttle
    linkage so it doesn't get bent and IIRC I disconnected the
    frame-&gt;OD tie rod as well.  You'll probably need to jack under
    the pan--use a large piece of wood to spread the load.<br>
    <br>
    The most difficult task for me was getting the big nut on the pulley
    undone; it's likely (should be) torqued on there to the tune of 150
    ft-lbs or so.<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 4/13/2015 3:43 AM, Tom McCay -
      Classic-Car-World Ltd wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:685DB209BE3A4137B44E215B047C0965@TomHP"
      type="cite">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR:
          #000000">
          <div style="FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none;
            FONT-FAMILY: &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
            COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline">
            <div dir="ltr">
              <div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri';
                COLOR: #000000">
                <div>Hi guys, does anyone know if it’s possible to
                  replace the front pulley timing cover oil seal of a
                  Healey 3000 MkIII without removing the engine? It
                  looks like the front cross member might just prevent
                  the pulley from being removed. I had thought of
                  undoing the engine mounts and jacking up the engine so
                  the pulley is clear of the cross member. Is there
                  enough room to do this?</div>
                <div> </div>
                <div>Thanks</div>
                <div> </div>
                <div>Tom</div>
                <div> </div>
                <div>1965 AH3000 MKIII BJ8</div>
                <div>1960 MGA 1600</div>
                <div>1989 Mini Park Lane.</div>
                <div> </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------090602000008090004090206--

--===============9202087995728124916==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============9202087995728124916==--