Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: Starter resistance - is futile

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 19:00:54 -0700 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0018_01D07940.D5A60700"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D07940.D5A60700
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0019_01D07940.D5A60700"

------=_NextPart_001_0019_01D07940.D5A60700
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Ok, the starter is working again. Many thanks for all of the replies. It =
was not related to electrical connections, the cutoff switch, cables or =
solenoid.

=20

I ended up changing some trust washers at each end of the armature =
shaft.

=20

I have attached a photo of that shows the armature shaft where it exits =
the front plate (with the restraining spring sleeve removed). There is a =
depression where that fit restraining sleeve perfectly. Should that =
pocket be there or should it be smooth. I think the restraining sleeve =
created the pocket over the years by the pounding action of the starter =
motor.

=20

John

=E2=80=9962 BT7

=20

------=_NextPart_001_0019_01D07940.D5A60700
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
span.EmailStyle21
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
span.EmailStyle22
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Ok, the starter is =
working again. Many thanks for all of the replies. It was not related to =
electrical connections, the cutoff switch, cables or =
solenoid.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>I ended up changing some =
trust washers at each end of the armature shaft.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>I have attached a photo =
of that shows the armature shaft where it exits the front plate (with =
the restraining spring sleeve removed). There is a depression where that =
fit restraining sleeve perfectly. Should that pocket be there or should =
it be smooth. I think the restraining sleeve created the pocket over the =
years by the pounding action of the starter =
motor.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>John<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>=E2=80=9962 =
BT7<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0019_01D07940.D5A60700--

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D07940.D5A60700
	name="Startershaft.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Startershaft.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D07940.D5A60700
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D07940.D5A60700--