Subject: [Healeys] Door latch or striker adjustment?

From: Tom Morrione <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 05:12:18 -0600

--===============5500514704207105741==

--001a113343a4809cd9051645269b

Hello all,
My 65  BJ8 driver door is not latching. I read the archives and am still
wondering about what to do.

I have a new latch (on door, correct?) and striker (on body, correct?).
Furflex feels like it's offering some resistance but the door closed when
it was first installed. I am wondering if the striker is first thing to
adjust and, if so, how to adjust it. Reference in an archive note was made
to shimming the striker "out" -- would that be the way to go? I assume that
means standing more proud of the shut pillar?

Just wondering if there is a best way to start this fiddling.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

--001a113343a4809cd9051645269b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hello all,<div>My 65 =C2=A0BJ8 driver door is not latching=
. I read the archives and am still wondering about what to do.</div><div><b=
r></div><div>I have a new latch (on door, correct?) and striker (on body, c=
orrect?). Furflex feels like it&#39;s offering some resistance but the door=
 closed when it was first installed. I am wondering if the striker is first=
 thing to adjust and, if so, how to adjust it. Reference in an archive note=
 was made to shimming the striker &quot;out&quot; -- would that be the way =
to go? I assume that means standing more proud of the shut pillar?</div><di=
v><br></div><div>Just wondering if there is a best way to start this fiddli=
ng.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks in advance,</div><div>Tom</div></div>

--001a113343a4809cd9051645269b--

--===============5500514704207105741==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5500514704207105741==--

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 12:24:22 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============3831207575831186336==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0076_01D0909C.68558F40"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0076_01D0909C.68558F40
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Tom, if you loosen the two striker attach screws just enough to move the =
striker, you can adjust it in the inboard and outboard direction.  =
Making that adjustment has worked for me.  It's a trial and error =
process to get it just right.

=20

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC  USA

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tom =
Morrione
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2015 7:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Door latch or striker adjustment?

=20

Hello all,

My 65  BJ8 driver door is not latching. I read the archives and am still =
wondering about what to do.

=20

I have a new latch (on door, correct?) and striker (on body, correct?). =
Furflex feels like it's offering some resistance but the door closed =
when it was first installed. I am wondering if the striker is first =
thing to adjust and, if so, how to adjust it. Reference in an archive =
note was made to shimming the striker "out" -- would that be the way to =
go? I assume that means standing more proud of the shut pillar?

=20

=20

Thanks in advance,

Tom

------=_NextPart_000_0076_01D0909C.68558F40
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	panose-1:3 15 7 2 3 3 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Comic Sans MS";
	color:#002060;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'>Tom, if you loosen the two striker attach screws just =
enough to move the striker, you can adjust it in the inboard and =
outboard direction. =C2=A0Making that adjustment has worked for =
me.=C2=A0 It's a trial and error process to get it just =
right.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic Sans =
MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Steve Byers<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>HBJ8L/36666<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>BJ8 Registry<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>AHCA Delegate at Large<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'>Havelock, NC=C2=A0 USA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Comic =
Sans MS";color:#002060'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Tom =
Morrione<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, May 17, 2015 7:12 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] Door latch or =
striker adjustment?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hello =
all,<o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>My 65 &nbsp;BJ8 driver door =
is not latching. I read the archives and am still wondering about what =
to do.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
have a new latch (on door, correct?) and striker (on body, correct?). =
Furflex feels like it's offering some resistance but the door closed =
when it was first installed. I am wondering if the striker is first =
thing to adjust and, if so, how to adjust it. Reference in an archive =
note was made to shimming the striker &quot;out&quot; -- would that be =
the way to go? I assume that means standing more proud of the shut =
pillar?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Just wondering if there is a best way to start this =
fiddling.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in advance,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Tom<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0076_01D0909C.68558F40--

--===============3831207575831186336==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3831207575831186336==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 11:42:25 -0500 (CDT)

And also some in the vertical direction.

On 05/17/15, BJ8Healeys wrote:

Tom, if you loosen the two striker attach screws just enough to move the striker, you can adjust it in the inboard and outboard direction. Making that adjustment has worked for me. It's a trial and error process to get it just right.

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC USA

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tom Morrione
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2015 7:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] Door latch or striker adjustment?

Hello all,

My 65 BJ8 driver door is not latching. I read the archives and am still wondering about what to do.

I have a new latch (on door, correct?) and striker (on body, correct?). Furflex feels like it's offering some resistance but the door closed when it was first installed. I am wondering if the striker is first thing to adjust and, if so, how to adjust it. Reference in an archive note was made to shimming the striker "out" -- would that be the way to go? I assume that means standing more proud of the shut pillar?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "BJ8Healeys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 17:06:47 -0400

Yes, there is some movement available in the vertical direction, but the vertical position is limited by the need for the cylindrical projection on the striker to fit correctly into the "U" member on the door latch so that the "U" member rotates as the door is closed.  It is the horizontal position of the striker that has the most effect on whether the "U" member rotates enough to latch the door. 

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
AHCA Delegate at Large
Havelock, NC  USA

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2015 12:42 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Re: [Healeys] Door latch or striker adjustment?

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large

Havelock, NC USA

Hello all,

Thanks in advance,

Tom

[email-masked]

[email-masked]