Subject: [Healeys] Windscreen seal

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 01:52:02 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0564454165179395650==
	boundary="----=_Part_86363_1088623388.1433901122921"

------=_Part_86363_1088623388.1433901122921
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I've been reading over the years about what a swine of a job it is to put in the windscreen to body seal on a BJ8...now it's my turn.My problem is that the new rubber seems to be a LOT thicker where it forms the "T", than the old one.I got it from a very reputable supplier, whom I won't mention because I'm going to talk to him about it tomorrow and see what his take on it is.I just wondered if anyone one else had noticed this discrepancy on the replacement rubber. I have some good blunted tools that look like they'd do the job, but I feel like I'm trying to cram in more rubber than there is space for!
Stephen, BJ8

------=_Part_86363_1088623388.1433901122921
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:He=
lveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;fo=
nt-size:16px"><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1433900589814_4051">I've been reading=
 over the years about what a swine of a job it is to put in the windscreen =
to body seal on a BJ8...now it's my turn.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1433=
900589814_4093">My problem is that the new rubber seems to be a LOT thicker=
 where it forms the "T", than the old one.</div><div dir=3D"ltr">I got it f=
rom a very reputable supplier, whom I won't mention because I'm going to ta=
lk to him about it tomorrow and see what his take on it is.</div><div id=3D=
"yui_3_16_0_1_1433900589814_4209" dir=3D"ltr">I just wondered if anyone one=
 else had noticed this discrepancy on the replacement rubber. I have some g=
ood blunted tools that look like they'd do the job, but I feel like I'm try=
ing to cram in more rubber than there is space for!</div><div id=3D"yui_3_1=
6_0_1_1433900589814_4220" dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div dir=3D"ltr">Stephen, B=
J8<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_86363_1088623388.1433901122921--

--===============0564454165179395650==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0564454165179395650==--