Subject: [Healeys] John Deere Corn Head Grease

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 21:16:22 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6949235325253541711==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0238_01D0A879.B2789320"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0238_01D0A879.B2789320
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Quoting from an earlier posting on the forum:

Penrite Steering Box Lube (NLGI 00) and John Deere Corn Head Grease (NLGI 0)
are quite similar greases. The Penrite is not an oil, it's a grease and says
so on the packaging and in their materials.

Here in the USA, the JD is quite inexpensive and the Penrite is difficult to
come by. The JD has a long history of being used in vintage car steering
boxes.

For specs, see:
http://www.penriteoil.com.au/pis_pdfs/STEERING%20BOX%20LUBE%20OCTOBER%202013
.pdf
https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/document/english/pmac/8180_fb_GreaseSpeci
alMultiPurpose.htm#_Special-purpose_corn_head

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6 - 29D w 4whl discs

Check out my galleries:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/

------=_NextPart_000_0238_01D0A879.B2789320
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Quoting =
from an earlier posting on the forum:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'>&gt;&gt;&gt;<o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'>Penrite Steering Box Lube (NLGI 00) and John Deere Corn =
Head Grease (NLGI 0) are quite similar greases. The Penrite is not an =
oil, it's a grease and says so on the packaging and in their =
materials.<br><br>Here in the USA, the JD is quite inexpensive and the =
Penrite is difficult to come by. The JD has a long history of being used =
in vintage car steering boxes.<br><br>For specs, =
see:<br>http://www.penriteoil.com.au/pis_pdfs/STEERING%20BOX%20LUBE%20OCT=
OBER%202013.pdf<br>https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/document/english/pm=
ac/8180_fb_GreaseSpecialMultiPurpose.htm#_Special-purpose_corn_head<br><b=
r><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>--<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Steve =
Gerow<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Altadena, CA, =
USA<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>BN6 &#8211; 29D w 4whl =
discs<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Check out my =
galleries:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0238_01D0A879.B2789320--

--===============6949235325253541711==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6949235325253541711==--