Subject: [Healeys] lucas 576 fog light wiring

From: Mitch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 11:27:43 +0000 (UTC)

--===============3970211821014953088==
	boundary="----=_Part_34176218_642832300.1433676463537"

------=_Part_34176218_642832300.1433676463537
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hello=20
=C2=A0=20
I need info. on the BEST way to wire a set of lucas 576 fog lights.....on m=
y 66 BJ8.=20
=C2=A0=20
is there a supplier who sells a correct harness?=C2=A0=20
I am not a electrician so the best and easiest way with schematic=C2=A0 wou=
ld be greatly appreciated=20
I guess I should use relays too=20
=C2=A0=20
Thanks=20
Mitch=20

------=_Part_34176218_642832300.1433676463537
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><body><div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000"><DIV aria-label="Compose body">Hello <BR></DIV>
<DIV aria-label="Compose body">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV aria-label="Compose body">I need info. on the BEST way to wire a set of lucas 576 fog lights.....on my 66 BJ8.</DIV>
<DIV aria-label="Compose body">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV aria-label="Compose body">is there a supplier who sells a correct harness?&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV aria-label="Compose body">I am not a electrician so the best and easiest way with schematic&nbsp; would be greatly appreciated</DIV>
<DIV aria-label="Compose body">I guess I should use relays too</DIV>
<DIV aria-label="Compose body">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV aria-label="Compose body">Thanks</DIV>
<DIV aria-label="Compose body">Mitch</DIV></div></body></html>
------=_Part_34176218_642832300.1433676463537--

--===============3970211821014953088==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3970211821014953088==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 20:18:06 -0500 (CDT)

FWIW  On my BN7 (which is For Sale BTW  see archives) I separated the two halves comprising the front bumper brackets. One bracket was already separated.  I then cut off the L portions out front and shifted the two halves of each side so the lights would be more toward centerline of car before welding them back together.  Finally I welded a piece of 1.5 angle iron (with hole drilled appropriately for the light base) across the two pieces at the front.  Then mount the brackets to the main rails as usual.  Oh by the way this requires that you are also front bumperless . .... . .  . .
 
Keith

On 06/07/15, Charlie Baldwin wrote:

Mitch,

IMO the best way is to always make your modification look as though 
it came from the factory that way. Get the proper color wire from a 
place like British Wiring, in fact, get all that you need from them, 
to combine the shipping costs. Or if you are within driving 
distance, stop by. But call and place your order to make sure they 
have all you need. You can get harness cover from them too, either 
vinyl tubing or black harness tape, connectors, relay, switch, etc. 
There is a Lucas color code for auxiliary lights like that. Some 
cars like an MG TD had it as an optional circuit. They used 
red/yellow for the hot wire, and black/green for ground. Here is a 
link to Lucas color codes:

http://www.mgexp.com/article/lucas-colours.html.

I know that some have said the mounting on a badge bar allows the 
lights to shake a little too much, so maybe you can fabricate 
something better.

I have a wiring diagram that I made for my MG TD that will help. 
That is attached.

Charlie

On 6/7/2015 7:27 AM, Mitch wrote:

Hello 

I need info. on the BEST way to 
wire a set of lucas 576 fog lights.....on my 66 BJ8.

is there a supplier who sells a 
correct harness? 

I am not a electrician so the 
best and easiest way with schematic would be greatly 
appreciated

I guess I should use relays too

Thanks

Mitch

[email-masked] 

[email-masked]

[email-masked]