Subject: [Healeys] MGB GT V8

From: "Simon Lachlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 16:51:27 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============7973699440012884714==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D09A2F.B61C41F0"
Content-Language: en-gb

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D09A2F.B61C41F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Somewhat off topic but anyhow, here goes........

There may be an MGB GT V8 for sale locally. My wife had a regular one years
ago. (1800cc?) It was OK but it seemed to me that it just looked like a
sports car but didn't really behave like one.

But a V8 would be a different story? 

1)      Our driveway is narrow. A 3000 goes through like a greased pig, but
most cars are too fat. Is a B wider than a Healey?

2)      The 3.5 ex Buick engine......isn't that the one that TVR bore out to
4.6?

Seems to me that the 3.5 would offer up some serious power if sufficiently
tweaked? Or am I thinking of a different engine?

I think it's the same engine that Rover used to put in their cars. Police
3.5s went like rockets considering the cars' weight.

Any comments would be welcome.

Thanks,

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D09A2F.B61C41F0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0cm;
	margin-right:0cm;
	margin-bottom:0cm;
	margin-left:36.0pt;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
	{mso-list-id:258222860;
	mso-list-type:hybrid;
	mso-list-template-ids:713326964 134807569 134807577 134807579 134807567 =
134807577 134807579 134807567 134807577 134807579;}
@list l0:level1
	{mso-level-text:"%1\)";
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;}
ol
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
ul
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-GB link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Somewhat =
off topic but anyhow, here goes........<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>There may be an MGB GT V8 for sale locally. My wife =
had a regular one years ago. (1800cc?) It was OK but it seemed to me =
that it just looked like a sports car but didn&#8217;t really behave =
like one.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>But a V8 would be a =
different story? <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1'><![if =
!supportLists]><span style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>1)<span =
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</span></span><![endif]>Our driveway is narrow. A 3000 goes through like =
a greased pig, but most cars are too fat. Is a B wider than a =
Healey?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1'><![if =
!supportLists]><span style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>2)<span =
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</span></span><![endif]>The 3.5 ex Buick engine......isn&#8217;t that =
the one that TVR bore out to 4.6?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Seems to me that the 3.5 would offer up some serious =
power if sufficiently tweaked? Or am I thinking of a different =
engine?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I think it&#8217;s the same =
engine that Rover used to put in their cars. Police 3.5s went like =
rockets considering the cars&#8217; weight.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Any comments would be welcome.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D09A2F.B61C41F0--

--===============7973699440012884714==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7973699440012884714==--