Subject: Re: [Healeys] MGB GT V8

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 23:04:18 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2571069873839011056==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0048_01D09CBF.49D7F240"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01D09CBF.49D7F240
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Never drove one (they were never exported to the U.S., alas) but I =
understand they go like rockets!  Well worth a look.  Yes, =
that=E2=80=99s the 3.5 aluminum V8; and the B is no wider than an =
Austin-Healey (we have a =E2=80=9Cregular=E2=80=9D B/GT).

Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA

From: Simon Lachlan=20
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 11:51 AM
To: 'healeys'=20
Subject: [Healeys] MGB GT V8

Somewhat off topic but anyhow, here goes........

There may be an MGB GT V8 for sale locally. My wife had a regular one =
years ago. (1800cc?) It was OK but it seemed to me that it just looked =
like a sports car but didn=E2=80=99t really behave like one.

But a V8 would be a different story?=20

1)      Our driveway is narrow. A 3000 goes through like a greased pig, =
but most cars are too fat. Is a B wider than a Healey?

2)      The 3.5 ex Buick engine......isn=E2=80=99t that the one that TVR =
bore out to 4.6?

Seems to me that the 3.5 would offer up some serious power if =
sufficiently tweaked? Or am I thinking of a different engine?

I think it=E2=80=99s the same engine that Rover used to put in their =
cars. Police 3.5s went like rockets considering the cars=E2=80=99 =
weight.

Any comments would be welcome.

Thanks,

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01D09CBF.49D7F240
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:v =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m =3D=20
"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)">
<STYLE><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0cm;
	margin-right:0cm;
	margin-bottom:0cm;
	margin-left:36.0pt;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
	{mso-list-id:258222860;
	mso-list-type:hybrid;
	mso-list-template-ids:713326964 134807569 134807577 134807579 134807567 =
134807577 134807579 134807567 134807577 134807579;}
@list l0:level1
	{mso-level-text:"%1\)";
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;}
ol
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
ul
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
--></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-GB dir=3Dltr link=3Dblue vLink=3Dpurple>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Never drove one (they were never exported to the U.S., alas) but I=20
understand they go like rockets!&nbsp; Well worth a look.&nbsp; Yes, =
that=E2=80=99s the=20
3.5 aluminum V8; and the B is no wider than an Austin-Healey (we have a=20
=E2=80=9Cregular=E2=80=9D B/GT).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sarah Carr</DIV>
<DIV>BN1 in PA</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Simon Lachlan</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Friday, May 29, 2015 11:51 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">'healeys'</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [Healeys] MGB GT V8</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV class=3DWordSection1>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>Somewhat off topic but anyhow, here=20
goes........<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>There may be an MGB GT V8 for sale locally. My wife =
had a=20
regular one years ago. (1800cc?) It was OK but it seemed to me that it =
just=20
looked like a sports car but didn=E2=80=99t really behave like =
one.<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>But a V8 would be a different story? =
<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoListParagraph=20
style=3D"TEXT-INDENT: -18pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-list: ignore">1)<SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT: 7pt "Times New Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></SPAN>Our driveway is narrow. A 3000 goes through like a greased =
pig,=20
but most cars are too fat. Is a B wider than a Healey?<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoListParagraph=20
style=3D"TEXT-INDENT: -18pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-list: ignore">2)<SPAN=20
style=3D'FONT: 7pt "Times New Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></SPAN>The 3.5 ex Buick engine......isn=E2=80=99t that the one =
that TVR bore out=20
to 4.6?<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>Seems to me that the 3.5 would offer up some =
serious power if=20
sufficiently tweaked? Or am I thinking of a different =
engine?<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>I think it=E2=80=99s the same engine that Rover =
used to put in their=20
cars. Police 3.5s went like rockets considering the cars=E2=80=99 =
weight.<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>Any comments would be welcome.<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></P>
<P =
class=3DMsoNormal>Simon<o:p></o:p></P></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HT=
ML>

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01D09CBF.49D7F240--

--===============2571069873839011056==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2571069873839011056==--

---

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 13:22:29 +1000

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7092264281992955311==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0183_01D09D37.2E7CB030"
Content-Language: en-au

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0183_01D09D37.2E7CB030
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

G'day

I have had the pleasure of testing both the MGB GT V8 and the RV8, both of
which were fitted with the basic Rover all alloy 3.5 litre V8.

Yes while the ancestor of the Rover V8 may have been the Buick/Oldsmobile
engine there are few similarities. I would say about the same as the Repco
Formula One engine of the 1960s that also had the same origins. The Rover V8
was fitted to a whole range of cars like the Range Rover, Land Rover, Rover,
TVR and even Morgan.

Yes they are quick, but not in an excessive way, more in a touring way.
Don't expect pavement ripping acceleration, but on the open road the MGB GT
V8 it's a great car of the period. My advice is to check the bona-fides of
the car because there were many home conversions done. If however the
conversion was done by Costello you should think positively about the car
because these were done under the watchful eye of BMC/Leyland. Costello's
conversions eventually led to BMC/Leyland decided to produce the production
version.

The RV8 is a different car again and in my opinion not as pleasant as the
MGB GT V8. Lots of fan noise and while it has such modern accoutrements as
air it's not fun to drive.

In case you're thinking there is no similarity at all to the V8 fitted to
the Triumph Stag.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Simon
Lachlan
Sent: Saturday, 30 May 2015 1:51 AM
To: 'healeys'
Subject: [Healeys] MGB GT V8

There may be an MGB GT V8 for sale locally. My wife had a regular one years
ago. (1800cc?) It was OK but it seemed to me that it just looked like a
sports car but didn't really behave like one.

But a V8 would be a different story? 

1)      Our driveway is narrow. A 3000 goes through like a greased pig, but
most cars are too fat. Is a B wider than a Healey?

2)      The 3.5 ex Buick engine......isn't that the one that TVR bore out to
4.6?

Seems to me that the 3.5 would offer up some serious power if sufficiently
tweaked? Or am I thinking of a different engine?

I think it's the same engine that Rover used to put in their cars. Police
3.5s went like rockets considering the cars' weight.

Thanks,

Simon

------=_NextPart_000_0183_01D09D37.2E7CB030
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0cm;
	margin-right:0cm;
	margin-bottom:0cm;
	margin-left:36.0pt;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
	{mso-list-id:258222860;
	mso-list-type:hybrid;
	mso-list-template-ids:713326964 134807569 134807577 134807579 134807567 =
134807577 134807579 134807567 134807577 134807579;}
@list l0:level1
	{mso-level-text:"%1\)";
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;}
@list l0:level2
	{mso-level-tab-stop:72.0pt;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;}
@list l0:level3
	{mso-level-tab-stop:108.0pt;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;}
@list l0:level4
	{mso-level-tab-stop:144.0pt;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;}
@list l0:level5
	{mso-level-tab-stop:180.0pt;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;}
@list l0:level6
	{mso-level-tab-stop:216.0pt;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;}
@list l0:level7
	{mso-level-tab-stop:252.0pt;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;}
@list l0:level8
	{mso-level-tab-stop:288.0pt;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;}
@list l0:level9
	{mso-level-tab-stop:324.0pt;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-18.0pt;}
ol
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
ul
	{margin-bottom:0cm;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-AU link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'>G&#8217;day<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>I have =
had the pleasure of testing both the MGB GT V8 and the RV8, both of =
which were fitted with the basic Rover all alloy 3.5 litre =
V8.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>Yes =
while the ancestor of the Rover V8 may have been the Buick/Oldsmobile =
engine there are few similarities. I would say about the same as the =
Repco Formula One engine of the 1960s that also had the same origins. =
The Rover V8 was fitted to a whole range of cars like the Range Rover, =
Land Rover, Rover, TVR and even Morgan.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>Yes =
they are quick, but not in an excessive way, more in a touring way. =
Don&#8217;t expect pavement ripping acceleration, but on the open road =
the MGB GT V8 it&#8217;s a great car of the period. My advice is to =
check the bona-fides of the car because there were many home conversions =
done. If however the conversion was done by Costello you should think =
positively about the car because these were done under the watchful eye =
of BMC/Leyland. Costello&#8217;s conversions eventually led to =
BMC/Leyland decided to produce the production =
version.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>The RV8 =
is a different car again and in my opinion not as pleasant as the MGB GT =
V8. Lots of fan noise and while it has such modern accoutrements as air =
it&#8217;s not fun to drive.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>In case =
you&#8217;re thinking there is no similarity at all to the V8 fitted to =
the Triumph Stag.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>Hoo =
Roo<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>Patrick =
Quinn<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>Blue =
Mountains, Australia<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0cm =
0cm 0cm'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span lang=3DEN-US =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> Healeys =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Simon =
Lachlan<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, 30 May 2015 1:51 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
'healeys'<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] MGB GT =
V8<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>Somewhat off topic but anyhow, here =
goes........<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>There may be an MGB GT V8 for sale locally. My wife had a =
regular one years ago. (1800cc?) It was OK but it seemed to me that it =
just looked like a sports car but didn&#8217;t really behave like =
one.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-GB>But a =
V8 would be a different story? <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo2'><![if !supportLists]><span lang=3DEN-GB><span =
style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>1)<span style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</span></span></span><![endif]><span lang=3DEN-GB>Our driveway is =
narrow. A 3000 goes through like a greased pig, but most cars are too =
fat. Is a B wider than a Healey?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoListParagraph style=3D'text-indent:-18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo2'><![if !supportLists]><span lang=3DEN-GB><span =
style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>2)<span style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</span></span></span><![endif]><span lang=3DEN-GB>The 3.5 ex Buick =
engine......isn&#8217;t that the one that TVR bore out to =
4.6?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-GB>Seems =
to me that the 3.5 would offer up some serious power if sufficiently =
tweaked? Or am I thinking of a different engine?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-GB>I think it&#8217;s the same engine =
that Rover used to put in their cars. Police 3.5s went like rockets =
considering the cars&#8217; weight.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span lang=3DEN-GB>Any comments would be =
welcome.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
lang=3DEN-GB>Simon<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0183_01D09D37.2E7CB030--

--===============7092264281992955311==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7092264281992955311==--

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 09:33:51 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5963198045917866541==
 boundary="------------010802080902010604050204"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010802080902010604050204
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

The Rover V8 engine is a modified version of the all aluminium ex-Buick 
engine. It was used in various capacities and states of tune in many UK 
cars, e.g. TVR, Land/Range Rover, the later MG V8, MGB (GT) V8, Morgan, 
Rover. The advantage of this engine is its weight, it may not be very 
much more, if at all, than the original 1800cc cast iron block of the 
MGB, it certainly was a lot lighter than the 6 cilinder 3 ltr lump from 
the MGB GT which was similar to the AH 3 ltr engine.
The disadvantage is its often weak camshaft. Many do not last 40.000 
miles although some never seem to wear out (quality control problems?).
A bit of Googling will find you the widths of the cars.
Kees Oudesluijs

Simon Lachlan schreef op 29-5-2015 om 17:51:
> There may be an MGB GT V8 for sale locally. My wife had a regular one 
> years ago. (1800cc?) It was OK but it seemed to me that it just looked 
> like a sports car but didn’t really behave like one.
>
> 1)Our driveway is narrow. A 3000 goes through like a greased pig, but 
> 2)The 3.5 ex Buick engine......isn’t that the one that TVR bore out to 
> 4.6?
>
> Seems to me that the 3.5 would offer up some serious power if 
> I think it’s the same engine that Rover used to put in their cars. 
> Police 3.5s went like rockets considering the cars’ weight.
>
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2015.0.5941 / Virusdatabase: 4354/9918 - datum van uitgifte: 
> 06/01/15
>

--------------010802080902010604050204
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">The Rover V8 engine is a modified
      version of the all aluminium ex-Buick engine. It was used in
      various capacities and states of tune in many UK cars, e.g. TVR,
      Land/Range Rover, the later MG V8, MGB (GT) V8, Morgan, Rover. The
      advantage of this engine is its weight, it may not be very much
      more, if at all, than the original 1800cc cast iron block of the
      MGB, it certainly was a lot lighter than the 6 cilinder 3 ltr lump
      from the MGB GT which was similar to the AH 3 ltr engine.<br>
      The disadvantage is its often weak camshaft. Many do not last
      40.000 miles although some never seem to wear out (quality control
      problems?).<br>
      A bit of Googling will find you the widths of the cars.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      Simon Lachlan schreef op 29-5-2015 om 17:51:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:000001d09a27$5457d9f0$fd078dd0$@[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=us-ascii">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12 (filtered
        medium)">
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">Somewhat off topic but anyhow, here
          goes........</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">There may be an MGB GT V8 for sale locally.
          My wife had a regular one years ago. (1800cc?) It was OK but
          it seemed to me that it just looked like a sports car but
          didn’t really behave like one.</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">But a V8 would be a different story? </p>
        <p class="MsoListParagraph"><span>1)<span>      </span></span>Our
          driveway is narrow. A 3000 goes through like a greased pig,
          but most cars are too fat. Is a B wider than a Healey?</p>
        <p class="MsoListParagraph"><span>2)<span>      </span></span>The
          3.5 ex Buick engine......isn’t that the one that TVR bore out
          to 4.6?</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Seems to me that the 3.5 would offer up
          some serious power if sufficiently tweaked? Or am I thinking
          of a different engine?</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">I think it’s the same engine that Rover
          used to put in their cars. Police 3.5s went like rockets
          considering the cars’ weight.</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Any comments would be welcome.</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks,</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Simon</p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=us-ascii">
      <p class="">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.5941 / Virusdatabase: 4354/9918 - datum van
        uitgifte: 06/01/15</p>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010802080902010604050204--

--===============5963198045917866541==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5963198045917866541==--

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 11:05:11 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5395524642087956029==
 boundary="------------070107010703090900060509"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------070107010703090900060509
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Correction.
MGC(-GT) was the 6-cylinder version of the MGB(-GT).
MG RV8 (about 2000 built between 1993 and 1995) was the proper name for 
the later V8 MG based on the old MGB with slightly modified bodywork. 
Useless car as the underpinnings were carried over from the 1960's MGB.
Kees Oudesluijs

Oudesluys schreef op 2-6-2015 om 9:33:
> The Rover V8 engine is a modified version of the all aluminium 
> ex-Buick engine. It was used in various capacities and states of tune 
> in many UK cars, e.g. TVR, Land/Range Rover, the later MG V8, MGB (GT) 
> V8, Morgan, Rover. The advantage of this engine is its weight, it may 
> not be very much more, if at all, than the original 1800cc cast iron 
> block of the MGB, it certainly was a lot lighter than the 6 cilinder 3 
> ltr lump from the MGB GT which was similar to the AH 3 ltr engine.
>> years ago. (1800cc?) It was OK but it seemed to me that it just 
>> looked like a sports car but didn’t really behave like one.
>>
>> 2)The 3.5 ex Buick engine......isn’t that the one that TVR bore out 
>> to 4.6?
>>
>> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums:http://www.team.net/forums
>>
>> [email-masked]
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>
>>
>>
> Versie: 2015.0.5941 / Virusdatabase: 4355/9923 - datum van uitgifte: 
> 06/02/15
>

--------------070107010703090900060509
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Correction.<br>
      MGC(-GT) was the 6-cylinder version of the MGB(-GT).<br>
      MG RV8 (about 2000 built between 1993 and 1995) was the proper
      name for the later V8 MG based on the old MGB with slightly
      modified bodywork. Useless car as the underpinnings were carried
      over from the 1960's MGB.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      Oudesluys schreef op 2-6-2015 om 9:33:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]" type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">The Rover V8 engine is a modified
        version of the all aluminium ex-Buick engine. It was used in
        various capacities and states of tune in many UK cars, e.g. TVR,
        Land/Range Rover, the later MG V8, MGB (GT) V8, Morgan, Rover.
        The advantage of this engine is its weight, it may not be very
        much more, if at all, than the original 1800cc cast iron block
        of the MGB, it certainly was a lot lighter than the 6 cilinder 3
        ltr lump from the MGB GT which was similar to the AH 3 ltr
        engine.<br>
        The disadvantage is its often weak camshaft. Many do not last
        40.000 miles although some never seem to wear out (quality
        control problems?).<br>
        A bit of Googling will find you the widths of the cars.<br>
        Kees Oudesluijs<br>
        <br>
        <br>
        Simon Lachlan schreef op 29-5-2015 om 17:51:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote
        cite="mid:000001d09a27$5457d9f0$fd078dd0$@[email-masked]"
        type="cite">
        <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12 (filtered
          medium)">
        <div class="WordSection1">
          <p class="MsoNormal">Somewhat off topic but anyhow, here
            goes........</p>
          <p class="MsoNormal">There may be an MGB GT V8 for sale
            locally. My wife had a regular one years ago. (1800cc?) It
            was OK but it seemed to me that it just looked like a sports
            car but didn’t really behave like one.</p>
          <p class="MsoNormal">But a V8 would be a different story? </p>
          <p class="MsoListParagraph"><span>1)<span>      </span></span>Our

            3.5 ex Buick engine......isn’t that the one that TVR bore
            out to 4.6?</p>
          <p class="MsoNormal">Seems to me that the 3.5 would offer up
            some serious power if sufficiently tweaked? Or am I thinking
            of a different engine?</p>
          <p class="MsoNormal">I think it’s the same engine that Rover
            used to put in their cars. Police 3.5s went like rockets
            considering the cars’ weight.</p>
          <p class="MsoNormal">Any comments would be welcome.</p>
          <p class="MsoNormal">Thanks,</p>
          <p class="MsoNormal">Simon</p>
        </div>
        <br>
        <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
        <br>
        <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        <br>

</pre>
      <br>
        charset=windows-1252">
        Versie: 2015.0.5941 / Virusdatabase: 4355/9923 - datum van
        uitgifte: 06/02/15</p>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------070107010703090900060509--

--===============5395524642087956029==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5395524642087956029==--

---

From: Peter Dzwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 14:06:32 +0100

I had a white one for a few years. Many fond memories.

They go like stink. Think about it, they have the 3.5 litre BOLD 
(Buick-Oldsmobile-Leyland-Dodge) engine that has been used in so many 
things it's impossible to list. It produced about 135bhp in standard 
trim, but there are many around that put out a bit more (quite a bit 
more). Basically it is the early Range Rover engine in an MGB coupe 
body. Great fun. Good torque. Thoroughly recommended.

I don't have my reference books with me but I believe that a few may 
have been exported to the US, but incoming emissions regs did for them.

Don't confuse it with the C which never really worked.

Peter

On 02/06/15 04:04, [email-masked] wrote:
> Never drove one (they were never exported to the U.S., alas) but I
> understand they go like rockets!  Well worth a look.  Yes, that’s the
> 3.5 aluminum V8; and the B is no wider than an Austin-Healey (we have a
> “regular” B/GT).
> Sarah Carr
> BN1 in PA
> *Sent:* Friday, May 29, 2015 11:51 AM
> *Subject:* [Healeys] MGB GT V8
>
> 2)The 3.5 ex Buick engine......isn’t that the one that TVR bore out to 4.6?
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

[email-masked]

ox.team.net