Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 front brake lockup

From: Tom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 09:41:16 -0400

--===============0873326138580177964==

--001a1134b92672b5c00517b15433

Hello all,

I've had a bit of problem with the brakes locking this season.  After it
happened the second time, I pulled the vacuum line form the servo and
plugged it.  I put a few hundred miles on the car with the vacuum line off
the servo, and the brakes have worked great.

This morning, I backed out the driveway, and I noticed the car wouldn't
roll downhill.  I pulled it back into the garage, and jacked it up to see
where the wheels were locking.

The rear wheels turned freely, slight drag on the right rear.

By hand, the front wheels would not turn at all.  Neither one.

Does unplugging vacuum from the servo completely remove the servo from the
equation?  Could a servo without vacuum still cause locking problems?   I
believe my servo is a Lockheed unit, put on by the PO, and the servo
doesn't look that old.

The front calipers are recent rebuilds (2 years ago).   Anything else that
could cause the front brakes to lock up?

thanks!

Tom

--001a1134b92672b5c00517b15433
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Hello all,</div><div><br></div>I&#39;ve had a bit of =
problem with the brakes locking this season.=C2=A0 After it happened the se=
cond time, I pulled the vacuum line form the servo and plugged it.=C2=A0 I =
put a few hundred miles on the car with the vacuum line off the servo, and =
the brakes have worked great.<div><br></div><div>This morning, I backed out=
 the driveway, and I noticed the car wouldn&#39;t roll downhill.=C2=A0 I pu=
lled it back into the garage, and jacked it up to see where the wheels were=
 locking.</div><div><br></div><div>The rear wheels turned freely, slight dr=
ag on the right rear.</div><div><br></div><div>By hand, the front wheels wo=
uld not turn at all.=C2=A0 Neither one.</div><div><br></div><div>Does unplu=
gging vacuum from the servo completely remove the servo from the equation?=
=C2=A0 Could a servo without vacuum still cause locking problems? =C2=A0 I =
believe my servo is a Lockheed unit, put on by the PO, and the servo doesn&=
#39;t look that old.</div><div><br></div><div>The front calipers are recent=
 rebuilds (2 years ago). =C2=A0 Anything else that could cause the front br=
akes to lock up?</div><div><br></div><div>thanks!</div><div><br></div><div>=
Tom</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>

--001a1134b92672b5c00517b15433--

--===============0873326138580177964==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0873326138580177964==--