Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Door trim panels

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 01:28:48 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_110077_1511438757.1434504528762
	boundary="----=_Part_110076_1567421387.1434504528760"

------=_Part_110076_1567421387.1434504528760
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I'm putting together the trim panels on my BJ8 doors, and I have a couple of questions about the way they fit.I've got the clips and I can see where they match up, but I had some squeezing down at the bottom front end when closing the door. I have new trim panels and I notice that the front edge is a sort of U channel. Does this U channel wrap over the front edge of the door? The vinyl wraps over the back of the panel which would make that impossible without trimming it back, but maybe that's what I should do?
I notice there are no places for clips on the front edge.When I took my old panels off they were non-original, and had been screwed on, so I'm learning as I go.I've attached a photo of the edge I'm talking about, with the vinyl pulled back a little.

Thanks, Stephen

------=_Part_110076_1567421387.1434504528760
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:He=
lveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;fo=
nt-size:16px"><div dir=3D"ltr" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1434503543355_6523">I'm p=
utting together the trim panels on my BJ8 doors, and I have a couple of que=
stions about the way they fit.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1434503543355_6=
573" dir=3D"ltr">I've got the clips and I can see where they match up, but =
I had some squeezing down at the bottom front end when closing the door. I =
have new trim panels and I notice that the front edge is a sort of U channe=
l. Does this U channel wrap over the front edge of the door? The vinyl wrap=
s over the back of the panel which would make that impossible without trimm=
ing it back, but maybe that's what I should do?<br></div><div id=3D"yui_3_1=
6_0_1_1434503543355_6681" dir=3D"ltr">I notice there are no places for clip=
s on the front edge.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1434503543355_6702" dir=
=3D"ltr">When I took my old panels off they were non-original, and had been=
 screwed on, so I'm learning as I go.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_14345035=
43355_7798" dir=3D"ltr">I've attached a photo of the edge I'm talking about=
, with the vinyl pulled back a little.<br></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_143=
4503543355_7739" dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_143450354335=
5_7799" dir=3D"ltr">Thanks, Stephen<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_110076_1567421387.1434504528760--

------=_Part_110077_1511438757.1434504528762
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Door trim.JPG"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_Part_110077_1511438757.1434504528762
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_Part_110077_1511438757.1434504528762--

---

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 02:52:32 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4881023021028482807==
	boundary="----=_Part_877841_1289171431.1434595952189"

------=_Part_877841_1289171431.1434595952189
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks for all the advice. I've actually got the panel to fit very well now.The trouble is, the after-market panel is too thick in the places where the piping and overlaps are folded over to the back, so I'm having to partly rebuild them to get rid of this excessive thickness. It looks good on the finished side, but I think they were a little careless with the amount of material on the back.Stephen, BJ8

------=_Part_877841_1289171431.1434595952189
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><body><div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;font-size:16px"><div class="" dir="ltr" id="yiv9657622191yui_3_16_0_1_1434587450243_19341" style="">Thanks
 for all the advice. I've actually got the panel to fit very well 
now.The trouble is, the after-market panel is too thick in the places 
where the piping and overlaps are folded over to the back, so I'm having
 to partly rebuild them to get rid of this excessive thickness. It looks
 good on the finished side, but I think they were a little careless with
 the amount of material on the back.</div><div style="" class="" dir="ltr" id="yiv9657622191yui_3_16_0_1_1434587450243_20490"><div id="yui_3_16_0_1_1434595678211_5053" dir="ltr">Stephen, BJ8</div></div><div style="" class="" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1434595678211_4452"><br style="" class=""></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_877841_1289171431.1434595952189--

--===============4881023021028482807==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4881023021028482807==--