Subject: [Healeys] Northern Hemisphere Lucas Demons

From: "J. Armour" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 13:16:59 +1000

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--===============7049034134507358109==
	boundary="B_3516268622_3928106"

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--B_3516268622_3928106
	charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Down =ADUnder in the land of OZ I purchased my first BN.4 in 1966 and drove i=
t
every day. Sold it for a home deposit, purchased another BN.4 and drove it
every day.Then went crazy and purchased a car that had been hammered around
Sebring for 12 hours and not having learnt my lessonI purchased another
Healey that did three LeMans 24 hour and two Sebring 12 hour races all
fitted with Lucas stuff and they have never stopped. What is going on?
Maybe it is time to identify the reliable repair / retailer outlets ( and
there are many about from the input I see on the list ) and pay the price
they have learnt from experience to select the better product.
On another occasion I was tuning the BN.4 and it only had 4 spark plugs in
the head. I was lazy and turned the engine on the starter to check the valv=
e
clearance and bless my soul the old Lucas and SU system started the engine
with two cylinders pumping air and unburnt fuel
When I purchased the second BN.4 it had been freshly serviced by the not so
well informed ex-owner working at a service station. Two weeks later the ca=
r
had been performing well but then would not start. It turned out the good
old Lucas system had fried the two stroke lawn mower spark plugs the before
mentioned service station attendant had fitted!

I even drove a the 3000 home 90 km with the rotor button held together with
a piece of electrial tape.  Good old reliable Joseph Lucas.

Joe

--B_3516268622_3928106
	charset="ISO-8859-1"
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: s=
pace; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size:=
 14px; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><div>Down &#8211;Under in the lan=
d of OZ I purchased my first BN.4 in 1966 and drove it every day. Sold it fo=
r a home deposit, purchased another BN.4 and drove it every day.Then went cr=
azy and purchased a car that had been hammered around Sebring for 12 hours a=
nd not having learnt my lessonI purchased another Healey that did three LeMa=
ns 24 hour and two Sebring 12 hour races all fitted with Lucas stuff and the=
y have never stopped. What is going on? &nbsp;Maybe it is time to identify t=
he reliable repair / retailer outlets ( and there are many about from the in=
put I see on the list ) and pay the price they have learnt from experience t=
o select the better product.</div><div>On another occasion I was tuning the =
BN.4 and it only had 4 spark plugs in the head. I was lazy and turned the en=
gine on the starter to check the valve clearance and bless my soul the old L=
ucas and SU system started the engine with two cylinders pumping air and unb=
urnt fuel</div><div>When I purchased the second BN.4 it had been freshly ser=
viced by the not so well informed ex-owner working at a service station. Two=
 weeks later the car had been performing well but then would not start. It t=
urned out the good old Lucas system had fried the two stroke lawn mower spar=
k plugs the before mentioned service station attendant had fitted!</div><div=
><br></div><div>I even drove a the 3000 home 90 km with the rotor button hel=
d together with a piece of electrial tape. &nbsp;Good old reliable Joseph Lu=
cas.</div><div><br></div><div>Joe</div></body></html>

--B_3516268622_3928106--

--===============7049034134507358109==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7049034134507358109==--