Subject: [Healeys] Driving 100

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:48:45 -0700

Listers,

Finally had a chance to put some miles on our BN2/100M resto.  Car 
tracks straight and turns well but feels somewhat 'squirrelly' or 
'twitchy' to me.  I'm used to driving a BJ8 with oversize (6") wheels 
and 185/70 tires which feels like a land barge compared to the 100.  I 
would expect a 100 to be a lot more nimble than a BJ8, but you have to 
really stay on top of the car to stay out of the weeds.  We set up the 
suspension ourselves, with nominal caster, camber and toe, but our tools 
were somewhat crude and we may have screwed something up (particularly 
the caster).

Anyone driven both cars a lot, can tell me if something might be wrong, 
or do I just have to stay on top of this car at all times (I know, 
you're supposed to stay on top of ALL cars, but this one feels like it 
has no margin for sloppiness or inattentiveness at all)?

TIA,
Bob
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys