Subject: [Healeys] Overdrive not working properly

From: philip fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:30:31 +0100

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--===============6339016784177602450==
	boundary="B_3518008233_537291"

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--B_3518008233_537291
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Hi all,
I am new to the list. I have owned by BT7 for nearly 25 years. Purchased in
Texas the car now lives with me in the UK.

About 6 months ago I noticed a change in the effectiveness of the overdrive
on my BT7. When I flick the switch I can hear the overdrive engage and the
revs drop, but only very slightly (perhaps 100-200 rpm). Previously the drop
in revs was very noticeable both in the engine pitch and the on the rev
counter (500-800 rpm). Now there is very little change. A few months before
I noticed this problem I had had the OD/Gearbox fluid changed using 20W50
engine oil.

Any ideas what might be going on or how how I could investigate the fault?

Thanks

Phil       

--B_3518008233_537291
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf=
-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -we=
bkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; fo=
nt-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"><div>Hi all,<br>I am new to the list. I hav=
e owned by BT7 for nearly 25 years. Purchased in Texas the car now lives wit=
h me in the UK.</div><div><br></div><div>About 6 months ago I noticed a chan=
ge in the effectiveness of the 
overdrive on my BT7. When I flick the switch I can hear the overdrive 
engage and the revs drop, but only very slightly (perhaps 100-200 rpm). 
Previously the drop in revs was very noticeable both in the engine pitch
 and the on the rev counter (500-800 rpm). Now there is very little 
change. A few months before I noticed this problem I had had the 
OD/Gearbox fluid changed using 20W50 engine oil.<br>
<br>
Any ideas what might be going on or how how I could investigate the fault?<=
br><br></div><div>
Thanks<br><br></div><div>
Phil &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</div></body></html>

--B_3518008233_537291--

--===============6339016784177602450==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6339016784177602450==--