Subject: [Healeys] Bilge Blower and Pulse Width Modulator

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 15:15:28 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6354061147241536997==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D0B735.6DA00E20"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D0B735.6DA00E20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

The bilge blowers are loud but you can control the speed infinitely with an
inexpensive Pulse Width Modulator.

Do a search for this on Amazon:

RioRandT Upgraded 6V-90V 15A DC Motor Pump Speed Controller

I remember the article showed the blower being mounted where the 4" duct
enters the firewall - clean install, but requires removal of the fender. I
mounted mine left of the radiator, just above the mystery box.

The PWM requires both the + and - wires be run from the blower to it. The
terminals are clearly marked.

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6 - 29D 3000 & 4 whl disc brakes

Check out my galleries:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D0B735.6DA00E20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
h1
	{mso-style-priority:9;
	mso-style-link:"Heading 1 Char";
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:24.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.Heading1Char
	{mso-style-name:"Heading 1 Char";
	mso-style-priority:9;
	mso-style-link:"Heading 1";
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	font-weight:bold;}
span.a-size-large
	{mso-style-name:a-size-large;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>The bilge =
blowers are loud but you can control the speed infinitely with an =
inexpensive Pulse Width Modulator.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Do =
a search for this on Amazon:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>RioRand&#8482; Upgraded 6V-90V 15A DC Motor =
Pump Speed Controller<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>I remember the =
article showed the blower being mounted where the 4&#8221; duct enters =
the firewall &#8211; clean install, but requires removal of the fender. =
I mounted mine left of the radiator, just above the mystery =
box.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>The PWM requires both =
the + and &#8211; wires be run from the blower to it. The terminals are =
clearly marked.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>--<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Steve =
Gerow<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Altadena, CA, =
USA<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>BN6 - 29D 3000 &amp; 4 whl disc =
brakes<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Check out my =
galleries:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D0B735.6DA00E20--

--===============6354061147241536997==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6354061147241536997==--