Subject: Re: [Healeys] License plate

From: "Bruce Steele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 11:25:41 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1374377208146927794==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0106_01D0B4B9.D5088840"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0106_01D0B4B9.D5088840
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I actually designed something similar using a piano hinge and nylon drawer
rollers on the bottom of the plate so that it tilts up and rolls when it
encounters the pavement.  At least when going forward.backing up, not so
much.

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Richard
Kahn
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 10:12 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] License plate

You joke but I actually hinged my back plate with a spring loaded door
hinge. It can be adjusted as tight or loose as you like. You would never
know by looking at it that it is any different.
Rich Kahn

------=_NextPart_000_0106_01D0B4B9.D5088840
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
	panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'>I actually designed something similar using a piano =
hinge and nylon drawer rollers on the bottom of the plate so that it =
tilts up and rolls when it encounters the pavement.&nbsp; At least when =
going forward&#8230;backing up, not so much.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Bruce Steele<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Brea, CA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>1960 BN7<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Richard Kahn<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, July 01, 2015 10:12 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] =
License plate<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>You joke but I actually =
hinged my back plate with a spring loaded door hinge. It can be adjusted =
as tight or loose as you like. You would never know by looking at it =
that it is any different.<br>Rich =
Kahn<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0106_01D0B4B9.D5088840--

--===============1374377208146927794==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1374377208146927794==--

---

From: "Al Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 09:49:58 -0400

--===============7887879750193965920==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00FA_01D0B575.A05EE8C0"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_00FA_01D0B575.A05EE8C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hey Rich - what hinge did you use on the license plate?

Al Fuller

al at bighealey dot org

'65 BJ-8

'85 Rx-7

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Richard
Kahn
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2015 1:12 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Healeys] License plate

------=_NextPart_000_00FA_01D0B575.A05EE8C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Hey Rich &#8211; what hinge did you use on the license =
plate?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>Al Fuller</span><span style=3D'color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>al at bighealey dot org</span><span =
style=3D'color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>'65 BJ-8</span><span style=3D'color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
>'85 Rx-7</span><span =
style=3D'color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
</b>Richard Kahn<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, July 2, 2015 1:12 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Healeys] =
------=_NextPart_000_00FA_01D0B575.A05EE8C0--

--===============7887879750193965920==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7887879750193965920==--

---

From: "Al Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 09:50:49 -0400

--===============3788619597164848909==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0115_01D0B575.BF0A78C0"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0115_01D0B575.BF0A78C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Bruce - I can't remember:

Is your hinge sprung?  What hinge did you use?

Al Fuller

al at bighealey dot org

'65 BJ-8

'85 Rx-7

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bruce
Steele
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2015 2:26 PM
To: 'Richard Kahn'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Healeys] License plate

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

------=_NextPart_000_0115_01D0B575.BF0A78C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

	{mso-style-type:personal;
span.EmailStyle19
>Bruce &#8211; I can&#8217;t remember:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
>Is your hinge sprung?&nbsp; What hinge did you =
use?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'=
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Bruce Steele<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, July 2, 2015 2:26 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> 'Richard Kahn'; =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] License =
plate<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet MS",sans-serif'>I actually designed =
something similar using a piano hinge and nylon drawer rollers on the =
bottom of the plate so that it tilts up and rolls when it encounters the =
pavement.&nbsp; At least when going forward&#8230;backing up, not so =
much.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Bruce Steele<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>Brea, CA<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif;color:#1F497D'>1960 BN7<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Trebuchet =
MS",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span><=
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> =
Healeys [<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:healeys-bounces@aut=
ox.team.net</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Richard Kahn<br><b>Sent:</b> =
Wednesday, July 01, 2015 10:12 PM<br><b>To:</b> <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br><b>S=
ubject:</b> [Healeys] License plate<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>You joke but I actually =
hinged my back plate with a spring loaded door hinge. It can be adjusted =
as tight or loose as you like. You would never know by looking at it =
that it is any different.<br>Rich =
Kahn<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0115_01D0B575.BF0A78C0--

--===============3788619597164848909==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3788619597164848909==--

---

From: "Bruce Steele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 09:39:36 -0700

--===============0109016054657686881==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0598_01D0B63D.579D47D0"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0598_01D0B63D.579D47D0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

No, it is not sprung.  I used a piano hinge mounted to the standard plate
mount and an aluminum bar 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch that extends past the plate
to which is mounted the "ears" or tabs for the month and year stickers.

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

From: Al Fuller [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2015 6:51 AM
To: 'Bruce Steele'; 'Richard Kahn'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Healeys] License plate

Al Fuller

al at bighealey dot org

'65 BJ-8

'85 Rx-7

Bruce Steele

Brea, CA

1960 BN7

------=_NextPart_000_0598_01D0B63D.579D47D0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

span.EmailStyle20
MS",sans-serif'>No, it is not sprung.&nbsp; I used a piano hinge mounted =
to the standard plate mount and an aluminum bar 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch =
that extends past the plate to which is mounted the &#8220;ears&#8221; =
or tabs for the month and year stickers.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
/b><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> Al =
Fuller [mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> Friday, July 03, 2015 =
6:51 AM<br><b>To:</b> 'Bruce Steele'; 'Richard Kahn'; =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> RE: [Healeys] License =
ox.team.net</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Bruce Steele<br><b>Sent:</b> =
Thursday, July 2, 2015 2:26 PM<br><b>To:</b> 'Richard Kahn'; <a =
ubject:</b> Re: [Healeys] License =
------=_NextPart_000_0598_01D0B63D.579D47D0--

--===============0109016054657686881==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0109016054657686881==--