Subject: Re: [Healeys] Marine blower fan for fresh air

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:26:48 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============3565373184344087325==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0BE27.FB03DA00"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0BE27.FB03DA00
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Bilge blowers will blow forward-circulated hot air off the exhaust manifold
unless provisions are made to isolate the fresh air intake. Mounting at
front or rear of ducting does not make a difference.

It may work by extending the fresh air intake forward to meet the grille. I
did it by completely baffling off the area on either side of the radiator to
prevent hot air from circulating forward. My bilge blower now blows
ambient-temperature air. 

See: http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/healeyaircontrol

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6 - 29D 3000 & 4 whl disc brakes

Check out my galleries:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0BE27.FB03DA00
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Bilge =
blowers will blow forward-circulated hot air off the exhaust manifold =
unless provisions are made to isolate the fresh air intake. Mounting at =
front or rear of ducting does not make a difference.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>It may work =
by extending the fresh air intake forward to meet the grille. I did it =
by completely baffling off the area on either side of the radiator to =
prevent hot air from circulating forward. My bilge blower now blows =
ambient-temperature air. <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>See: =
http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/healeyaircontrol<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>--<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Steve =
Gerow<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Altadena, CA, =
USA<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>BN6 - 29D 3000 &amp; 4 whl disc =
brakes<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Check out my =
galleries:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0BE27.FB03DA00--

--===============3565373184344087325==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3565373184344087325==--