Subject: [Healeys] Question about fitting the hood (bonnet)

From: Michel Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 20:17:38 -0400

--===============8830414505803978602==

--001a113cd522076741051a5211d6

Hello everyone,

I'm at the point in the rebuild were my body shop guys is fitting the hood
(bonnet) to the car.  Unfortunately the original hood was too far gone, so
I went with an aftermarket aluminum hood. The problem is two fold:
 1) The hood is hitting the radiator cap as it is closed. The body shop guy
is concerned that this will over time cause the dents in the hood and the
paint to pop/chip.
 2) When the hood is closed the hood is about 1/4 inch higher than shroud.
If I use both of my hands I can press down and the hood fit is better, but
not perfect.

One thing to note is that we did install the rubber supports.

The body shop guy suggested that we fabricate new support brackets for the
radiator that would lower it by a half an inch.  I would rather not do that
if possible.

Is this a common problem?  Am I being overly cautious? Any suggestions for
dealing with the two problems?

Thanks,
Mike

--001a113cd522076741051a5211d6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hello everyone,<div><br></div><div>I&#39;m at the point in=
 the rebuild were my body shop guys is fitting the hood (bonnet) to the car=
.=C2=A0 Unfortunately the original hood was too far gone, so I went with an=
 aftermarket aluminum hood. The problem is two fold:=C2=A0</div><div>=C2=A0=
1) The hood is hitting the radiator cap as it is closed. The body shop guy =
is concerned that this will over time cause the dents in the hood and the p=
aint to pop/chip.</div><div>=C2=A02) When the hood is closed the hood is ab=
out 1/4 inch higher than shroud. If I use both of my hands I can press down=
 and the hood fit is better, but not perfect.</div><div><br></div><div>One =
thing to note is that we did install the rubber supports.</div><div><br></d=
iv><div>The body shop guy suggested that we fabricate new support brackets =
for the radiator that would lower it by a half an inch.=C2=A0 I would rathe=
r not do that if possible.</div><div><br></div><div>Is this a common proble=
m?=C2=A0 Am I being overly cautious? Any suggestions for dealing with the t=
wo problems?</div><div><br>Thanks,</div><div>Mike</div></div>

--001a113cd522076741051a5211d6--

--===============8830414505803978602==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============8830414505803978602==--