Subject: [Healeys] Replacing brake master cylinder, fluid reservoir and flexible brake pipes - what order?

From: philip fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 19:44:11 +0100

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--===============7630745220131808069==
	boundary="B_3519575058_2618566"

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

--B_3519575058_2618566
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Hi All,

This week I am going to replace the brake master cylinder, fluid reservoir
and flexible brake pipes on my BT7. What is the best order to do these three
steps?

Reservoir, flexible brake pipes, master cylinder is the route I was going to
take. 

Will I need to bench bleed the MC?
Do I need to make any adjustments to the brakes before the bleeding step?
Should I drain all the fluid out of the system before replacing the
reservoir?
Any advice welcome.
Phil

--B_3519575058_2618566
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf=
-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -we=
bkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; fo=
nt-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"><div>Hi All,<br><br></div><div>This week I =
am going to replace the brake master cylinder, 
fluid reservoir and flexible brake pipes on my BT7. What is the best 
order to do these three steps?<br><br>Reservoir, flexible brake pipes, mast=
er cylinder is the route I was going to take. <br><br>Will I need to bench b=
leed the MC?<br>Do I need to make any adjustments to the brakes before the b=
leeding step?<br>Should I drain all the fluid out of the system before repla=
cing the reservoir?<br>Any advice welcome.<br>Phil</div></body></html>

--B_3519575058_2618566--

--===============7630745220131808069==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7630745220131808069==--

---

From: philip fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 06:52:35 +0100

--===============2427535327845755861==
	boundary="B_3519701565_577288"

--B_3519701565_577288
	charset="US-ASCII"

Hi all,
Many thanks for the replies.
>From your replies and various searches on the net it sounds like my plan of
attack should be:-
1)  Drain the  brake fluid as a first step.
2) Replace the three flexible brake pipes,  MC and reservoir.
3) Connect the reservoir to the brake MC (and clutch  MC), without
connecting the output brake pipe.
4) Bleed the brake MC (using old brake pipe connected to the MC outlet with
tube to container).
5) Connect the output brake pipes (which will have no  fluid in) and then
bleed the whole brake system.

Have I got these steps correct?

Phil       

--B_3519701565_577288
	charset="US-ASCII"

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf=
-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -we=
bkit-line-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 16px; fo=
nt-family: Calibri, sans-serif;"><div>Hi all,</div><div>Many thanks for the =
replies.<br>
>From your replies and various searches on the net it sounds like my plan of=
 attack should be:-</div><div>1) &nbsp;Drain the  brake fluid as a first ste=
p.</div><div>2) Replace the three flexible brake pipes,  MC and reservoir.&n=
bsp;</div><div>3) Connect the 
reservoir to the brake MC (and clutch  MC), without connecting the 
output brake pipe.&nbsp;</div><div>4) Bleed the brake MC (using old brake p=
ipe connected to the MC outlet with tube to container).&nbsp;</div><div>5) C=
onnect the output brake pipes (which will have no  fluid in) and then 
bleed the whole brake system.<br>
<br>
Have I got these steps correct?<br>
<br>
Phil &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</div></body></html>

--B_3519701565_577288--

--===============2427535327845755861==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2427535327845755861==--