Subject: [Healeys] Congrats and Shift Boot and Windshield

From: "Peter Svilans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:50:50 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6785633775824089711==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0040_01D0C85A.1A22BB40"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01D0C85A.1A22BB40
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yes, as Alan says, they were saving a bit of money.  I have converted =
the long BJ8 armrest to a sideways-opening cubby box for a customer, and =
it was a surprisingly long, involved job compared to simply laying a =
block of foam in and pulling a cover over everything. The Phase II =
upgrades may have needed a bit of financial balancing.

The rubber shift boot may have been engineered to fit this way because =
the closer the rubber nipple is to the bottom of the shift lever, the =
less movement has to be absorbed by the whole boot, which is relatively =
flat and doesn't have the concertina folds of taller boots.=20

BTW, in clearing out the barn I've come across a BN2 windshield =
assembly, broken glass, stamped A72.  I say BN2 because it was Florida =
Green originally. =20

Peter=20

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01D0C85A.1A22BB40
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Yes, as Alan says, they were saving a =
bit of=20
money.&nbsp; I have converted the long BJ8 armrest to a sideways-opening =
cubby=20
box for a customer, and it was a surprisingly long, involved job =
compared to=20
simply laying a block of foam in and pulling a cover over everything. =
The Phase=20
II upgrades may have needed a bit of financial balancing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>The rubber shift boot may have =
been&nbsp;engineered=20
to fit&nbsp;this way because the closer the rubber&nbsp;nipple is to the =
bottom=20
of the shift lever, the less movement has to be absorbed by the whole =
boot,=20
which is relatively flat and doesn't have the concertina folds of taller =

boots.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>BTW, in clearing out the barn I've come =
across a=20
BN2 windshield assembly, broken glass, stamped A72.&nbsp; I say BN2 =
because it=20
was Florida Green originally.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Peter</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01D0C85A.1A22BB40--

--===============6785633775824089711==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6785633775824089711==--