Subject: Re: [Healeys] Donald Healey Day

From: "J. Armour" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 12:44:31 +1000

As a follow on to the Austin - Datsun/Nissan link one of Britain's  war
recovery aids to Japan was an old worn out Austin assembly line that
Austin was paid for and thought it a good deal as they would instal a
brand new assembly line. To assist the installation of the old line in
Japan Austin sent an engineer named Cedric xxxxxx ( cant find his family
name ) and Nissan were so grateful for his input that  ( at least in
Australia ) they named a 4 door sedan as the Nissan Cedric.

I also believe Austin 7s were being copied in Japan before the war.

And bloody hell I now read that not only do the Chinese own MG but the
badge is to be fitted to one of these modern small SUV things !!!!!!!!!!!!
 Who has hijacked the term 'sports'

Maybe I am still to excited from my day out with DMH Healey day that
included a pair of Alvis , a Silverstone, all sorts of Sprites Healey 100
and Healey sixes.
Me I drove the 1966- 68 ex-works LeMans and 1966 & 7 Sprite up and back
the 90km to Sydney and back.  I always liked the LeMans racing because it
started as a endurance race for production road cars.
Remember DMH entered LeMans from 194 thro to 1970
In 1967 & 68 Healey's won the award for 'Best Finishing British Car.
Don¹t talk to me about Ford GT.40s as Roger Menadue has already had this
argument sorted.

On 6/07/15 1:43 AM, "Oudesluys" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hello Larry,
>
>There are many possibilities Ford Sierra (T9?), Getrag, various BMC,
>Toyota, Tremec. It all depends on availability, availability of
>conversion kits, costs, ease of conversion, %-age of O.D. wanted etc.
>I would not be surprised if some Datsun/Nissan boxes bolt straight on,
>as many Datsun engines were derived from Austin originally. Datsun more
>or less started as a manufacturer of Austin cars.
>
>Kees Oudesluijs
>

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

ox.team.net