Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 window fittings

From: Stephen Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 19:57:07 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2127146_697755900.1436903827136
	boundary="----=_Part_2127145_737495774.1436903827135"

------=_Part_2127145_737495774.1436903827135
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I'm having trouble getting the fuzzy window interior seals at the top of the BJ8 door in the right place.The window was quite tight to the inside metal edge, but I've relieved that a bit. It looks to me like the seal strip should be laid along the inside top edge of the window opening, and clipped to that edge the way the chrome piece on the exterior is clipped.However, I'm concerned that the metal clip will rub the window, and I won't be able to get the fabric up against the glass.Or, does the metal strip go inside the window opening (between the glass and the metal door) and clip from there?
I've attached a crude drawing of the first version to try what I'm talking about.Thanks,Stephen, BJ8

------=_Part_2127145_737495774.1436903827135
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:He=
lveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;fo=
nt-size:16px"><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1436901288424_7346">I'm having troubl=
e getting the fuzzy window interior seals at the top of the BJ8 door in the=
 right place.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1436901288424_7459">The window w=
as quite tight to the inside metal edge, but I've relieved that a bit. It l=
ooks to me like the seal strip should be laid along the inside top edge of =
the window opening, and clipped to that edge the way the chrome piece on th=
e exterior is clipped.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1436901288424_7499">How=
ever, I'm concerned that the metal clip will rub the window, and I won't be=
 able to get the fabric up against the glass.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_=
1436901288424_10368">Or, does the metal strip go inside the window opening =
(between the glass and the metal door) and clip from there?<br></div><div i=
d=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1436901288424_10321" dir=3D"ltr">I've attached a crude dr=
awing of the first version to try what I'm talking about.</div><div id=3D"y=
ui_3_16_0_1_1436901288424_10322" dir=3D"ltr">Thanks,</div><div id=3D"yui_3_=
16_0_1_1436901288424_10411" dir=3D"ltr">Stephen, BJ8<br></div></div></body>=
</html>
------=_Part_2127145_737495774.1436903827135--

------=_Part_2127146_697755900.1436903827136
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="fuzz seals112.jpg"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_Part_2127146_697755900.1436903827136
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_Part_2127146_697755900.1436903827136--