Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake Bleeding

From: "Steve Gerow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 15:04:18 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2614310606987876071==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D0B733.E188ABF0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D0B733.E188ABF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

This inexpensive syringe has worked really well for me (with a short length
of clear tubing). See:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/157731620

It also helps to zip-tie the tubing tightly onto the nipple - as recommended
by several YouTube videos on brake bleeding.

I used to pack grease around the nipples (messy but works), but lately have
taken to wrapping the bleeder threads with a couple or three layers of
Teflon tape. This prevents air from leaking past the threads.

Permatex thread sealant will work, too:

http://tinyurl.com/pk46zwo

 

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6 - 29D 3000 & 4 whl disc brakes

Check out my galleries:

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D0B733.E188ABF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>This =
inexpensive syringe has worked really well for me (with a short length =
of clear tubing). See:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/157731620">http://www.pbase=
.com/stevegerow/image/157731620</a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>It also =
helps to zip-tie the tubing tightly onto the nipple &#8211; as =
recommended by several YouTube videos on brake =
bleeding.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I used to pack grease around the nipples (messy but =
works), but lately have taken to wrapping the bleeder threads with a =
couple or three layers of Teflon tape. This prevents air from leaking =
past the threads.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Permatex thread =
sealant will work, too:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/pk46zwo">http://tinyurl.com/pk46zwo</a><o:p></=
o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>--<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Steve =
Gerow<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Altadena, CA, =
USA<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>BN6 - 29D 3000 &amp; 4 whl disc =
brakes<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Check out my =
galleries:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D0B733.E188ABF0--

--===============2614310606987876071==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2614310606987876071==--

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 09:22:10 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1317265185908052308==
 boundary="------------010608080404090204070908"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010608080404090204070908
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Never use grease near brake fluid unless it is special grease for 
fitting/lubricating brake parts e.g. the Até blue or Girling red stuff.
Kees Oudesluijs

Steve Gerow schreef op 6-7-2015 om 0:04:
>
> This inexpensive syringe has worked really well for me (with a short 
> length of clear tubing). See:
>
> It also helps to zip-tie the tubing tightly onto the nipple – as 
> recommended by several YouTube videos on brake bleeding.
>
> I used to pack grease around the nipples (messy but works), but lately 
> have taken to wrapping the bleeder threads with a couple or three 
> layers of Teflon tape. This prevents air from leaking past the threads.
>
> **
> **
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10168 - datum van uitgifte: 
> 07/05/15
>

--------------010608080404090204070908
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
      Never use grease near brake fluid unless it is special grease for
      fitting/lubricating brake parts e.g. the Até blue or Girling red
      stuff. <br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      Steve Gerow schreef op 6-7-2015 om 0:04:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:000001d0b76e$8de783f0$a9b68bd0$@com"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=us-ascii">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12 (filtered
        medium)">
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">This inexpensive syringe has worked really
          well for me (with a short length of clear tubing). See:</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/157731620">http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/image/157731620</a></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">It also helps to zip-tie the tubing tightly
          onto the nipple – as recommended by several YouTube videos on
          brake bleeding.</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">I used to pack grease around the nipples
          (messy but works), but lately have taken to wrapping the
          bleeder threads with a couple or three layers of Teflon tape.
          This prevents air from leaking past the threads.</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Permatex thread sealant will work, too:</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://tinyurl.com/pk46zwo">http://tinyurl.com/pk46zwo</a></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b> </b></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b> </b></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">--</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Steve Gerow</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Altadena, CA, USA</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">BN6 - 29D 3000 &amp; 4 whl disc brakes</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Check out my galleries:</p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/">http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/</a></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=us-ascii">
      <p class="">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10168 - datum van
        uitgifte: 07/05/15</p>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010608080404090204070908--

--===============1317265185908052308==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1317265185908052308==--