Subject: Re: [Healeys] Check out what I found on eBay!

From: HealeyRick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 16:38:22 -0400

--===============0114298046741997955==

--047d7bf0ef18547d80051a12a752

Kees,

IIRC the Getrag is from a BMW 3 series.  What model is it?  (E21, E30, E36,
etc?}

Rick Neville

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Oudesluys <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On ebay.co.uk:
> AUSTIN HEALEY GETRAG GEARBOX BELL HOUSING
> http://r.ebay.com/PCk4aR
>
> Kees Oudesluijs
> _______________________________________________
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>
> [email-masked]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

--047d7bf0ef18547d80051a12a752
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Kees,<div><br></div><div>IIRC the Getrag is from a BMW 3 s=
eries.=C2=A0 What model is it? =C2=A0(E21, E30, E36, etc?}</div><div><br></=
div><div>Rick Neville</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=
=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Oudesluys <span dir=3D"ltr=
">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">coudesluij=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" styl=
e=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On <a h=
ref=3D"http://ebay.co.uk" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ebay.co.uk</=
a>:<br>
AUSTIN HEALEY GETRAG GEARBOX BELL HOUSING<br>
<a href=3D"http://r.ebay.com/PCk4aR" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://r.ebay.com/PCk4aR</a><br>
<br>
Kees Oudesluijs<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br></div>

--047d7bf0ef18547d80051a12a752--

--===============0114298046741997955==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0114298046741997955==--

---

From: Per Schoerner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 22:41:26 +0200

Kees
They do sell the Getrag gearboxes as well, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

Best, Per

Den 2015-07-04 kl. 22:29, skrev Oudesluys:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 09:18:34 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7371094877680075661==
 boundary="------------060209010504040506060300"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060209010504040506060300
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Sorry Rick, can't help you there. I know very little about BMW. You will 
have to look for boxes with a separate bell housing, some numbers seem 
to stick in my mind: 235 and 265. Getrag boxes were used by many, e.g.: 
Vauxhall, Opel, Jensen, BMW, Jaguar, Maserati, perhaps some smaller GM 
USA/Australia cars etc. They are generally reliable but the shift 
mechanism on many has some nylon bushes that need regular replacement or 
bronze bushes modification.
I would not be surprised if the bolt pattern on the boxes with a 
separate bell bell housing are all the same.
Kees Oudesluijs

HealeyRick schreef op 4-7-2015 om 22:38:
> Kees,
>
> IIRC the Getrag is from a BMW 3 series.  What model is it?  (E21, E30, 
> E36, etc?}
>
> Rick Neville
>
> On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Oudesluys <[email-masked] 
>
>     On ebay.co.uk <http://ebay.co.uk>:
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10157 - datum van uitgifte: 
> 07/04/15
>

--------------060209010504040506060300
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
      Sorry Rick, can't help you there. I know very little about BMW.
      You will have to look for boxes with a separate bell housing, some
      numbers seem to stick in my mind: 235 and 265. Getrag boxes were
      used by many, e.g.: Vauxhall, Opel, Jensen, BMW, Jaguar, Maserati,
      perhaps some smaller GM USA/Australia cars etc. They are generally
      reliable but the shift mechanism on many has some nylon bushes
      that need regular replacement or bronze bushes modification.<br>
      I would not be surprised if the bolt pattern on the boxes with a
      separate bell bell housing are all the same. <br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      <br>
      HealeyRick schreef op 4-7-2015 om 22:38:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">Kees,
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>IIRC the Getrag is from a BMW 3 series.  What model is it?
           (E21, E30, E36, etc?}</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Rick Neville</div>
      </div>
      <div class="gmail_extra"><br>
        <div class="gmail_quote">On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM,
          Oudesluys <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
          <blockquote class="gmail_quote">On <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://ebay.co.uk" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">ebay.co.uk</a>:<br>
            AUSTIN HEALEY GETRAG GEARBOX BELL HOUSING<br>
            <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://r.ebay.com/PCk4aR"
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://r.ebay.com/PCk4aR</a><br>
            <br>
            Kees Oudesluijs<br>
            _______________________________________________<br>
            Support Team.Net <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel="noreferrer"
              target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
            Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
            Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer"
              target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
            Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/forums" rel="noreferrer"
              target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
            <br>
            <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>
            <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
            <br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
              rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
            <br>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br>
      </div>
      <p class="">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10157 - datum van
        uitgifte: 07/04/15</p>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------060209010504040506060300--

--===============7371094877680075661==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7371094877680075661==--

---

From: Larry Varley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:32:34 +1000

Hi Kees, the trend in Australia is to use Tremec gearboxes where 5 or 6 
speed is available and they have multiple gear stick locations. The 
"Healey Factory" in Melbourne now makes a bell housing for them to suit 
Healey.
Cheers
Larry Varley

[email-masked]

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:43:19 +0200

Hello Larry,

There are many possibilities Ford Sierra (T9?), Getrag, various BMC, 
Toyota, Tremec. It all depends on availability, availability of 
conversion kits, costs, ease of conversion, %-age of O.D. wanted etc.
I would not be surprised if some Datsun/Nissan boxes bolt straight on, 
as many Datsun engines were derived from Austin originally. Datsun more 
or less started as a manufacturer of Austin cars.

Kees Oudesluijs

Larry Varley schreef op 5-7-2015 om 9:32:
> Hi Kees, the trend in Australia is to use Tremec gearboxes where 5 or 
> 6 speed is available and they have multiple gear stick locations. The 
> "Healey Factory" in Melbourne now makes a bell housing for them to 
> suit Healey.
> Cheers
> Larry Varley
>
> -----
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10164 - datum van uitgifte: 
> 07/05/15
>
>

[email-masked]

---

From: "Robert F. Begani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 19:40:15 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7281080771716146289==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_021D_01D0B75A.6BE14750"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_021D_01D0B75A.6BE14750
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Rick:

=20

According to SC news release September 2014 they are making a bell =
housing to fit a Getrag 5 speed transmission presumably to an AH engine. =
 If you desire to know the actual 5 speed tranny that fits the bell =
housing or any other questions they suggest you contact them.  Wikipedia =
 search of Getrag in general from a specialist mechanic in Canada says =
exactly what Kees mentions about reliability and that BMW or Getrag will =
not supply and will not give you support on parts.  If it is broke get a =
replacement.

=20

Also, Wikipedia search of Getrag 5 speed tranny: =
http://tinyurl.com/puqytf3   cross references the 5 speed trans models =
to the various cars and models.

=20

Bob Begani

BJ8

=20

From: Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
Oudesluys
Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2015 3:19 AM
To: HealeyRick
Cc: Healey
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Check out what I found on eBay!

=20

Sorry Rick, can't help you there. I know very little about BMW. You will =
have to look for boxes with a separate bell housing, some numbers seem =
to stick in my mind: 235 and 265. Getrag boxes were used by many, e.g.: =
Vauxhall, Opel, Jensen, BMW, Jaguar, Maserati, perhaps some smaller GM =
USA/Australia cars etc. They are generally reliable but the shift =
mechanism on many has some nylon bushes that need regular replacement or =
bronze bushes modification.
I would not be surprised if the bolt pattern on the boxes with a =
separate bell bell housing are all the same.=20

Kees,=20

=20

IIRC the Getrag is from a BMW 3 series.  What model is it?  (E21, E30, =
E36, etc?}

=20

Rick Neville

=20

On ebay.co.uk:

Kees Oudesluijs

[email-masked]

=20

Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10157 - datum van uitgifte: =
07/04/15

=20

------=_NextPart_000_021D_01D0B75A.6BE14750
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";
	color:black;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Hi Rick:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>According to SC news release September 2014 they are making a bell =
housing to fit a Getrag 5 speed transmission presumably to an AH =
engine.=C2=A0 If you desire to know the actual 5 speed tranny that fits =
the bell housing or any other questions they suggest you contact =
them.=C2=A0 Wikipedia =C2=A0search of Getrag in general from a =
specialist mechanic in Canada says exactly what Kees mentions about =
reliability and that BMW or Getrag will not supply and will not give you =
support on parts. =C2=A0If it is broke get a =
replacement.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Also, Wikipedia search of Getrag 5 speed tranny: <a =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/puqytf3">http://tinyurl.com/puqytf3</a>=C2=A0=C2=
=A0 cross references the 5 speed trans models to the various cars and =
models.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Bob Begani<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>BJ8<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:windowt=
ext'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";color:windowt=
ext'> Healeys [<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:healeys-bounces@aut=
ox.team.net</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Oudesluys<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, =
July 05, 2015 3:19 AM<br><b>To:</b> HealeyRick<br><b>Cc:</b> =
Healey<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Check out what I found on =
eBay!<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br>Sorry Rick, can't help you there. I know very =
little about BMW. You will have to look for boxes with a separate bell =
housing, some numbers seem to stick in my mind: 235 and 265. Getrag =
boxes were used by many, e.g.: Vauxhall, Opel, Jensen, BMW, Jaguar, =
Maserati, perhaps some smaller GM USA/Australia cars etc. They are =
generally reliable but the shift mechanism on many has some nylon bushes =
that need regular replacement or bronze bushes modification.<br>I would =
not be surprised if the bolt pattern on the boxes with a separate bell =
bell housing are all the same. <br><br><o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Kees, <o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>IIRC the Getrag is from a BMW 3 series.&nbsp; What =
model is it? &nbsp;(E21, E30, E36, etc?}<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Rick Neville<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On Sat, =
Jul 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Oudesluys &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>On <a =
href=3D"http://ebay.co.uk" target=3D"_blank">ebay.co.uk</a>:<br>AUSTIN =
HEALEY GETRAG GEARBOX BELL HOUSING<br><a =
href=3D"http://r.ebay.com/PCk4aR" =
target=3D"_blank">http://r.ebay.com/PCk4aR</a><br><br>Kees =
Oudesluijs<br>_______________________________________________<br>Support =
Team.Net <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested =
annual donation&nbsp; $12.75<br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><=
br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyrik=
@gmail.com</a><o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'>Geen virus =
gevonden in dit bericht.<br>Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a =
href=3D"http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>Versie: 2015.0.6081 / =
Virusdatabase: 4392/10157 - datum van uitgifte: =
07/04/15<o:p></o:p></p></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_021D_01D0B75A.6BE14750--

--===============7281080771716146289==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7281080771716146289==--

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 10:01:28 +0800

--===============6218168178103656614==

--001a113d5dfaa9b4e7051a2b48dc

Steve Norton at Cape has sold a 5-speed Getrag conversion for years.

http://www.cape-international.com/capeshop.php?parttypes=30&thepart=GETRAG1

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 7:40 AM, Robert F. Begani <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hi Rick:
>
>
>
> According to SC news release September 2014 they are making a bell housing
> to fit a Getrag 5 speed transmission presumably to an AH engine.  If you
> desire to know the actual 5 speed tranny that fits the bell housing or any
> other questions they suggest you contact them.  Wikipedia  search of Getrag
> in general from a specialist mechanic in Canada says exactly what Kees
> mentions about reliability and that BMW or Getrag will not supply and will
> not give you support on parts.  If it is broke get a replacement.
>
>
>
> Also, Wikipedia search of Getrag 5 speed tranny:
> http://tinyurl.com/puqytf3   cross references the 5 speed trans models to
> the various cars and models.
>
>
>
> Bob Begani
>
> BJ8
>
>
>
> *From:* Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]
> <[email-masked]>] *On Behalf Of *Oudesluys
> *Sent:* Sunday, July 05, 2015 3:19 AM
> *To:* HealeyRick
> *Cc:* Healey
> *Subject:* Re: [Healeys] Check out what I found on eBay!
>
>
>
>
> have to look for boxes with a separate bell housing, some numbers seem to
> stick in my mind: 235 and 265. Getrag boxes were used by many, e.g.:
> USA/Australia cars etc. They are generally reliable but the shift mechanism
> on many has some nylon bushes that need regular replacement or bronze
> bushes modification.
> I would not be surprised if the bolt pattern on the boxes with a separate
> bell bell housing are all the same.
>
> Kees,
>
>
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--001a113d5dfaa9b4e7051a2b48dc
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Steve Norton at Cape has sold a 5-speed Getrag conversion =
for years.<div><br></div><div><a href=3D"http://www.cape-international.com/=
capeshop.php?parttypes=3D30&amp;thepart=3DGETRAG1">http://www.cape-internat=
ional.com/capeshop.php?parttypes=3D30&amp;thepart=3DGETRAG1</a><br></div></=
div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Mon, Jul 6=
, 2015 at 7:40 AM, Robert F. Begani <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto=
:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</=
span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8e=
x;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div bgcolor=3D"white" lang=
=3D"EN-US" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple"><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span=
 style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif=
&quot;;color:#1f497d">Hi Rick:<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNorma=
l"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sa=
ns-serif&quot;;color:#1f497d"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p class=3D"Ms=
oNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&q=
uot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1f497d">According to SC news release September =
2014 they are making a bell housing to fit a Getrag 5 speed transmission pr=
esumably to an AH engine.=C2=A0 If you desire to know the actual 5 speed tr=
anny that fits the bell housing or any other questions they suggest you con=
tact them.=C2=A0 Wikipedia =C2=A0search of Getrag in general from a special=
ist mechanic in Canada says exactly what Kees mentions about reliability an=
d that BMW or Getrag will not supply and will not give you support on parts=
.=C2=A0 If it is broke get a replacement.<u></u><u></u></span></p><p class=
=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&qu=
ot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1f497d"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p><p=
 class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cali=
bri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1f497d">Also, Wikipedia search of G=
etrag 5 speed tranny: <a href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/puqytf3" target=3D"_bla=
nk">http://tinyurl.com/puqytf3</a>=C2=A0=C2=A0 cross references the 5 speed=
 trans models to the various cars and models.<u></u><u></u></span></p><p cl=
ass=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri=
&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1f497d"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></span></p=
><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;C=
alibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1f497d">Bob Begani<u></u><u></u>=
</span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-fami=
ly:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1f497d">BJ8<u></u><u><=
/u></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-f=
amily:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1f497d"><u></u>=C2=
=A0<u></u></span></p><div><div style=3D"border:none;border-top:solid #b5c4d=
f 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in"><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><b><span style=3D=
"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;col=
or:windowtext">From:</span></b><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:=
&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:windowtext"> Healeys [<a hr=
ef=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">mailto:heale=
[email-masked]</a>] <b>On Behalf Of </b>Oudesluys<br><b>Sent:</b=
> Sunday, July 05, 2015 3:19 AM<br><b>To:</b> HealeyRick<br><b>Cc:</b> Heal=
ey<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Check out what I found on eBay!<u></u><=
u></u></span></p></div></div><span class=3D""><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u=
>=C2=A0<u></u></p><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><br>Sorry Rick, can&#39;t hel=
p you there. I know very little about BMW. You will have to look for boxes =
with a separate bell housing, some numbers seem to stick in my mind: 235 an=
d 265. Getrag boxes were used by many, e.g.: Vauxhall, Opel, Jensen, BMW, J=
aguar, Maserati, perhaps some smaller GM USA/Australia cars etc. They are g=
enerally reliable but the shift mechanism on many has some nylon bushes tha=
t need regular replacement or bronze bushes modification.<br>I would not be=
 surprised if the bolt pattern on the boxes with a separate bell bell housi=
ng are all the same. <br><br><u></u><u></u></p></div></span><span class=3D"=
"><blockquote style=3D"margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt"><div><p class=
=3D"MsoNormal">Kees, <u></u><u></u></p><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=
=C2=A0<u></u></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">IIRC the Getrag is from =
a BMW 3 series.=C2=A0 What model is it? =C2=A0(E21, E30, E36, etc?}<u></u><=
u></u></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p></div><=
div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Rick Neville<u></u><u></u></p></div></div><div><=
p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">O=
n Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Oudesluys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:coudesluijs@=
chello.nl" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<u></u><u>=
</u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12.0pt">On <a href=3D=
"http://ebay.co.uk" target=3D"_blank">ebay.co.uk</a>:<br>AUSTIN HEALEY GETR=
AG GEARBOX BELL HOUSING<br><a href=3D"http://r.ebay.com/PCk4aR" target=3D"_=
blank">http://r.ebay.com/PCk4aR</a><br><br>Kees Oudesluijs<br>_____________=
__________________________________<br>Support Team.Net <a href=3D"http://ww=
w.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a><br>Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75<br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://=
www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>=
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br><br><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" targe=
t=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><u></u><u></=
u></p></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u></p></div><p class=
=3D"MsoNormal">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br>Gecontroleerd door AV=
G - <a href=3D"http://www.avg.com" target=3D"_blank">www.avg.com</a><br>Ver=
sie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10157 - datum van uitgifte: 07/04/15=
<u></u><u></u></p></blockquote><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u></u>=C2=A0<u></u><=
/p></span></div></div><br>_______________________________________________<b=
r>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a113d5dfaa9b4e7051a2b48dc--

--===============6218168178103656614==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6218168178103656614==--

---

From: Oudesluys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 09:37:03 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8008316510697258818==
 boundary="------------010907090506080602030107"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010907090506080602030107
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

In Europe if you need parts for a Getrag box you can generally obtain 
them through the Opel or BMW dealer network. Getrag itself is not very 
useful. The nylon bushes in the gearshift mechanism can be easily 
sourced from eBay.

Kees Oudesluijs

Robert F. Begani schreef op 6-7-2015 om 1:40:
>
> Hi Rick:
>
> According to SC news release September 2014 they are making a bell 
> housing to fit a Getrag 5 speed transmission presumably to an AH 
> engine.  If you desire to know the actual 5 speed tranny that fits the 
> bell housing or any other questions they suggest you contact them.  
> Wikipedia  search of Getrag in general from a specialist mechanic in 
> Canada says exactly what Kees mentions about reliability and that BMW 
> or Getrag will not supply and will not give you support on parts.  If 
> it is broke get a replacement.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/puqytf3 cross references the 5 speed trans models 
> *From:*Healeys [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of 
> *Oudesluys
> Sorry Rick, can't help you there. I know very little about BMW. You 
> will have to look for boxes with a separate bell housing, some numbers 
> seem to stick in my mind: 235 and 265. Getrag boxes were used by many, 
> e.g.: Vauxhall, Opel, Jensen, BMW, Jaguar, Maserati, perhaps some 
> smaller GM USA/Australia cars etc. They are generally reliable but the 
> shift mechanism on many has some nylon bushes that need regular 
> replacement or bronze bushes modification.
>     IIRC the Getrag is from a BMW 3 series.  What model is it?  (E21,
>     E30, E36, etc?}
>
>     Rick Neville
>
>     uitgifte: 07/04/15
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10168 - datum van uitgifte: 
> 07/05/15
>

--------------010907090506080602030107
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">In Europe if you need parts for a
      Getrag box you can generally obtain them through the Opel or BMW
      dealer network. Getrag itself is not very useful. The nylon bushes
      in the gearshift mechanism can be easily sourced from eBay.<br>
      <br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <br>
      <br>
      Robert F. Begani schreef op 6-7-2015 om 1:40:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered
        medium)">
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span>Hi Rick:</span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span> </span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span>According to SC news release
            September 2014 they are making a bell housing to fit a
            Getrag 5 speed transmission presumably to an AH engine.  If
            you desire to know the actual 5 speed tranny that fits the
            bell housing or any other questions they suggest you contact
            them.  Wikipedia  search of Getrag in general from a
            specialist mechanic in Canada says exactly what Kees
            mentions about reliability and that BMW or Getrag will not
            supply and will not give you support on parts.  If it is
            broke get a replacement.</span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span> </span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span>Also, Wikipedia search of Getrag 5
            speed tranny: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://tinyurl.com/puqytf3">http://tinyurl.com/puqytf3</a>  
            cross references the 5 speed trans models to the various
            cars and models.</span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span> </span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span>Bob Begani</span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span>BJ8</span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span> </span></p>
        <div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span>From:</span></b><span> Healeys
                [<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>]
                <b>On Behalf Of </b>Oudesluys<br>
                <b>Sent:</b> Sunday, July 05, 2015 3:19 AM<br>
                <b>To:</b> HealeyRick<br>
                <b>Cc:</b> Healey<br>
                <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Healeys] Check out what I found on
                eBay!</span></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><br>
            Sorry Rick, can't help you there. I know very little about
            BMW. You will have to look for boxes with a separate bell
            housing, some numbers seem to stick in my mind: 235 and 265.
            Getrag boxes were used by many, e.g.: Vauxhall, Opel,
            Jensen, BMW, Jaguar, Maserati, perhaps some smaller GM
            USA/Australia cars etc. They are generally reliable but the
            shift mechanism on many has some nylon bushes that need
            regular replacement or bronze bushes modification.<br>
            I would not be surprised if the bolt pattern on the boxes
            with a separate bell bell housing are all the same. <br>
            <br>
          </p>
        </div>
        <blockquote>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal">Kees, </p>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">IIRC the Getrag is from a BMW 3
                series.  What model is it?  (E21, E30, E36, etc?}</p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">Rick Neville</p>
            </div>
          </div>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM,
                Oudesluys &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                wrote:</p>
              <p class="MsoNormal">On <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://ebay.co.uk" target="_blank">ebay.co.uk</a>:<br>
                AUSTIN HEALEY GETRAG GEARBOX BELL HOUSING<br>
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://r.ebay.com/PCk4aR" target="_blank">http://r.ebay.com/PCk4aR</a><br>
                <br>
                Kees Oudesluijs<br>
                _______________________________________________<br>
                Support Team.Net <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
                Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
                <br>
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
                  target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                <br>
                Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
                  target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a></p>
            </div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
          </div>
          <p class="MsoNormal">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br>
            Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
            Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10157 - datum van
            uitgifte: 07/04/15</p>
        </blockquote>
        <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <meta http-equiv="Context-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <p class="">Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.<br>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10168 - datum van
        uitgifte: 07/05/15</p>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010907090506080602030107--

--===============8008316510697258818==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8008316510697258818==--