Subject: [Healeys] Starter differences.

From: Brian Drab <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:29:03 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7542698464737758210==
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0265_01D0F13C.0E9EE310"
Content-language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0265_01D0F13C.0E9EE310
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

A quick question for the knowledgeable ones on the list:

I have a late BJ8. Recently the started began to act a little erratically. I
have a starter off an older BN6. I took it apart and cleaned it up and
reassembled it. My plan was to simply install it on my BJ8. I noted that the
Lucas number on this started was " 25521D".  It also  has the number M418G
under the Lucas number.  As well, it appears to be date stamped as 6 58.

I compared this started with the starter off my BJ8. It appeared identical
in every respect both internally as well as externally. I then noted the
Lucas number on the BJ8 starter as 25578B. It also has M418G stamped under
it. The date stamp is 67.

My question is what is the difference between the 2 starters. I note that
Moss sells a starter for #25521D -  BN4 thru BT7 and a second starter for
#25578B - BJ7 and BJ8.

Victoria British lists one starter for all series of big Healeys. I then
went onto several different starter repair company websites and all list
only one starter for both numbers 25521D and 25578B.

So - what is the difference? 

Brian Drab

------=_NextPart_000_0265_01D0F13C.0E9EE310
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>A quick =
question for the knowledgeable ones on the list:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I have a late BJ8. Recently the started began to act a =
little erratically. I have a starter off an older BN6. I took it apart =
and cleaned it up and reassembled it. My plan was to simply install it =
on my BJ8. I noted that the Lucas number on this started was &#8220; =
25521D&#8221;. &nbsp;It also &nbsp;has the number M418G under the Lucas =
number. &nbsp;As well, it appears to be date stamped as 6 =
58.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I compared this started with the =
starter off my BJ8. It appeared identical in every respect both =
internally as well as externally. I then noted the Lucas number on the =
BJ8 starter as 25578B. It also has M418G stamped under it. The date =
stamp is 67.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>My question is what is =
the difference between the 2 starters. I note that Moss sells a starter =
for #25521D - &nbsp;BN4 thru BT7 and a second starter for #25578B - BJ7 =
and BJ8.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Victoria British lists one =
starter for all series of big Healeys. I then went onto several =
different starter repair company websites and <u>all</u> list only one =
starter for both numbers 25521D and 25578B.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>So - what is the difference? <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Brian Drab<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0265_01D0F13C.0E9EE310--

--===============7542698464737758210==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7542698464737758210==--