Subject: [Healeys] hardtop restoration

From: "John Spaur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 22:03:25 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6591080847896587596==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D0F002.598EB570"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D0F002.598EB570
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Got all the parts and want to restore the BT7 hardtop. The fiberglass gel
coat has some long radius compression cracks. They need to be repaired and
the top needs to be prepped for and painted. I think the fiberglass shell
will be verify delicate to work with once the aluminum trim and inner frame
is removed. Any suggestions as to how to deal with this?

Does anyone have info on how to proceed with a hardtop restoration?

Please help.

John Spaur

'62 BT7

San Jose

 

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D0F002.598EB570
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Got all the parts and want to restore the BT7 hardtop. =
The fiberglass gel coat has some long radius compression cracks. They =
need to be repaired and the top needs to be prepped for and painted. I =
think the fiberglass shell will be verify delicate to work with once the =
aluminum trim and inner frame is removed. Any suggestions as to how to =
deal with this?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Does anyone =
have info on how to proceed with a hardtop restoration?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Please =
help.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>John Spaur<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&#8217;62 BT7<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>San =
Jose<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D0F002.598EB570--

--===============6591080847896587596==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6591080847896587596==--