Subject: [Healeys] Paying UK Sales Tax

From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 12:08:08 +1000

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5094412126573397560==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00F5_01D0F141.855E1C50"
Content-Language: en-au

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01D0F141.855E1C50
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello

Does anyone know that if a US serviceman bought an Austin-Healey during the
1950s and '60s while they were stationed either in the UK or elsewhere in
Europe whether they had to pay the local taxes when they bought the car?

Many thanks

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains. Australia

------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01D0F141.855E1C50
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-AU link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'>Hello<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>Does =
anyone know that if a US serviceman bought an Austin-Healey during the =
1950s and &#8216;60s while they were stationed either in the UK or =
elsewhere in Europe whether they had to pay the local taxes when they =
bought the car?<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>Many =
thanks<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman","serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>Patrick =
Quinn<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>Blue =
Mountains. Australia<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01D0F141.855E1C50--

--===============5094412126573397560==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============5094412126573397560==--

---

From: Wilko2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 09:21:10 -0700

--===============3788932594243707375==

--Apple-Mail-17-343202797
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

Currently, if you are not a UK resident and taking the car out of the =
country (or any purchased goods) you don't have to pay VAT or =
registration in the UK. You have about 6 mos. to get it out.

I'm not positive, but that was probably the case back in the day.

Rick

On Sep 16, 2015, at 7:08 PM, Patrick & Caroline Quinn wrote:

> Hello
> =20
> Does anyone know that if a US serviceman bought an Austin-Healey =
during the 1950s and =9160s while they were stationed either in the UK =
or elsewhere in Europe whether they had to pay the local taxes when they =
bought the car?
> =20
> =20
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>=20
> [email-masked]
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>=20

--Apple-Mail-17-343202797
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><base href=3D"x-msg://302/"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space; "><div>Currently, if you are not a UK resident and =
taking the car out of the country (or any purchased goods) you don't =
have to pay VAT or registration in the UK. You have about 6 mos. to get =
it out.</div><div><br></div><div>I'm not positive, but that was probably =
the case back in the =
day.</div><div><br></div><div>Rick</div><br><div><div>On Sep 16, 2015, =
at 7:08 PM, Patrick &amp; Caroline Quinn wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote type=3D"cite"><span =
class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"border-collapse: separate; =
font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -webkit-text-size-adjust: =
auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-size: medium; "><div =
lang=3D"EN-AU" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple"><div class=3D"WordSection1" =
style=3D"page: WordSection1; "><div style=3D"margin-top: 0cm; =
margin-right: 0cm; margin-left: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><span style=3D"font-size: =
10pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
">Hello<o:p></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0cm; =
margin-right: 0cm; margin-left: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><span style=3D"font-size: =
10pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0cm; =
margin-right: 0cm; margin-left: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><span style=3D"font-size: =
10pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; ">Does anyone know that if =
a US serviceman bought an Austin-Healey during the 1950s and =9160s =
while they were stationed either in the UK or elsewhere in Europe =
whether they had to pay the local taxes when they bought the =
car?<o:p></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0cm; margin-right: =
0cm; margin-left: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt; =
font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0cm; =
margin-right: 0cm; margin-left: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><span style=3D"font-size: =
10pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; ">Many =
thanks<o:p></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0cm; =
margin-right: 0cm; margin-left: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><span style=3D"font-size: =
10pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; =
"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0cm; =
margin-right: 0cm; margin-left: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><span style=3D"font-size: =
10pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; ">Patrick =
Quinn<o:p></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin-top: 0cm; =
margin-right: 0cm; margin-left: 0cm; margin-bottom: 0.0001pt; font-size: =
11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; "><span style=3D"font-size: =
10pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif; ">Blue Mountains. =
Australia<o:p></o:p></span></div></div>___________________________________=
____________<br>Support<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a href=3D"http://Team.Net" =
style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: underline; ">Team.Net</a><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual donation =
&nbsp;$12.75<br>Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; =
">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Forums:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; ">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br><br><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: blue; =
text-decoration: underline; ">[email-masked]</a><br><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" style=3D"color: =
blue; text-decoration: underline; =
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Ma=
nage:<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: blue; text-decoration: underline; =
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br><=
br></div></span></blockquote></div><br></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-17-343202797--

--===============3788932594243707375==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3788932594243707375==--