Subject: [Healeys] Headlamp switch

From: "Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 22:48:33 -0600

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4207513885311116353==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D0FBD2.2526AD20"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D0FBD2.2526AD20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Gents

On a recent outing I noticed smoke emanating from under the dash when the
headlamps were switched on. My 13 year old son thought we were going up in
flames and decided to walk home. With the lights off no more smoke or burnt
plastic smell occurred and I easily beat my son home. I disconnected the
what was left of the two red wires, no damage to any other wires. The switch
is the original Lucas unit for a 1958 100-Six. Should I assume that it was
the switch that failed or should I be looking for something else. The
harness was replaced during the restoration but the switches were kept.

Thanks 

Ross Maylor 

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D0FBD2.2526AD20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Gents<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>On a recent =
outing I noticed smoke emanating from under the dash when the headlamps =
were switched on. My 13 year old son thought we were going up in flames =
and decided to walk home. With the lights off no more smoke or burnt =
plastic smell occurred and I easily beat my son home. I disconnected the =
what was left of the two red wires, no damage to any other wires. The =
switch is the original Lucas unit for a 1958 100-Six. Should I assume =
that it was the switch that failed or should I be looking for something =
else. The harness was replaced during the restoration but the switches =
were kept.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ross Maylor =
<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D0FBD2.2526AD20--

--===============4207513885311116353==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4207513885311116353==--