Subject: [Healeys] Frame Straightening

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 04:17:40 -0800

My BJ8 is showing some frame sag; esp. on the driver's side (I think 
some fat old man has been driving it).  Anyone tried having a frame shop 
straighten a Healey chassis?  Is it a bad idea due to the box channel 
construction?

Seems to me it could work if you didn't have to bend too much metal.

TIA,
Bob
_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:39:55 -0800

A few years back, Tom Luckie did some minor straightening on his BJ8,
much like you say your car needs.  I did not see it done but they did
it at home with some chains, possibly a stout timber or anchors in the
floor, and a jack or two.  The results were good and appeared to be
permanent, or at least holding up for the several years I knew  the
car.

A good frame straightening shop should be able to do as well.

-Roland

[email-masked]