Subject: [Healeys] Polish aluminum cowl trim on '59 BN4

From: Chris Scholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 04:43:34 +0000

--_003_A13A245E69934A139A92E177F87784FEvisioncenterpccom_
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Has anyone refinished/polished the aluminum cowl trim?  Mine is in fairly g=
ood shape but has some age related fine scratches that won't buff out with =
liquid polish.=20

I have heard some say to start with different grits and wet sand-- 400, the=
n 600, then 800, then 1000,  1200, then liquid polish.=20

I am worried about starting too coarse and making it worse. Also can I get =
by with doing this wet sanding by hand?  I don't have a power sander, and w=
ould like to do this by hand.  Any wisdom is appreciated.=20

--_003_A13A245E69934A139A92E177F87784FEvisioncenterpccom_
Content-Description: image1.jpeg
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="image1.jpeg"; size=130213;
	creation-date="Mon, 18 Jan 2016 04:43:34 GMT";
	modification-date="Mon, 18 Jan 2016 04:43:34 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_003_A13A245E69934A139A92E177F87784FEvisioncenterpccom_
Content-Description: ATT00001.txt
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="ATT00001.txt"; size=40;
	creation-date="Mon, 18 Jan 2016 04:43:34 GMT";
	modification-date="Mon, 18 Jan 2016 04:43:34 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

DQoNClNlbnQgZnJvbSBteSBpUGhvbmUNCkNocmlzIFNjaG9seiBPRA==

--_003_A13A245E69934A139A92E177F87784FEvisioncenterpccom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--_003_A13A245E69934A139A92E177F87784FEvisioncenterpccom_--