Subject: [Healeys] Disc brake kit installation

From: "Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 09:32:34 -0600 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000F_01D1B4D6.0C5C1F60"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01D1B4D6.0C5C1F60
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01D1B4D6.0C5C1F60"

------=_NextPart_001_0010_01D1B4D6.0C5C1F60
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi all

I purchased a disc brake conversion kit for my BN6. Looks to be top quality
stuff from a euro parts supplier but no step by step instructions were
provided. http://tinyurl.com/jkahxej

I have found, online, the Moss instructions for upgrading a BJ8 to 4 pot
calipers and have various parts manuals, service books, Haynes etc. and will
piece together through trial and error how to install this kit. Since I am a
long way from my youth the error part of that process does not have the
appeal it once did. I recall driving my old series Land Rover with no
functioning brakes except the park brake. It mostly went well. But that's
for another forum. Does anyone know of another reference that would give
clear guidelines on how to proceed.   Have other disc brake conversion kits
come with step by step instructions. Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ross Maylor

Calgary

1958 BN6

------=_NextPart_001_0010_01D1B4D6.0C5C1F60
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi all<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I purchased =
a disc brake conversion kit for my BN6. Looks to be top quality stuff =
from a euro parts supplier but no step by step instructions were =
provided. <a =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/jkahxej">http://tinyurl.com/jkahxej</a><o:p></=
o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have found, online, the Moss instructions =
for upgrading a BJ8 to 4 pot calipers and have various parts manuals, =
service books, Haynes etc. and will piece together through trial and =
error how to install this kit. Since I am a long way from my youth the =
error part of that process does not have the appeal it once did. I =
recall driving my old series Land Rover with no functioning brakes =
except the park brake. It mostly went well. But that&#8217;s for another =
forum. Does anyone know of another reference that would give clear =
guidelines on how to proceed. &nbsp;&nbsp;Have other disc brake =
conversion kits come with step by step instructions. Any tips would be =
appreciated.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Cheers<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ross =
Maylor<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Calgary<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>1958 BN6<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0010_01D1B4D6.0C5C1F60--

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01D1B4D6.0C5C1F60
	name="look ma no brakes.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="look ma no brakes.JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01D1B4D6.0C5C1F60
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01D1B4D6.0C5C1F60--