Subject: Re: [Healeys] Early Two Piece Dash

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 11:33:35 -0400

--part1_7b017b.64f056ae.445cc1ce_boundary
	boundary="part1_7b017b.64f056ae.445cc1ce_rel_boundary"

--part1_7b017b.64f056ae.445cc1ce_rel_boundary

--7b017b.64f056ae_alt_bound
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Mine is an early BN1, #598 and Roger Moment often asks me for photos of  
parts on my car. This is the only photo I have right now of mine that I can  
find, but you will be able to see that it does indeed have the plastic/vinyl  
protective strip around the instrument panel. Later today, I will take some 
more  photos and pass them along. Hope this helps.
Steven Kingsbury

Not the best angle,  but you can make out the strip right above the tach. 
I'll have  better ones later  today. 

 
In a message dated 5/5/2016 2:12:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I have an early two piece  dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just to start 
conversations at Healey  meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a 
two piece  dash!".
Well my question is what  was used between the instrument pod and the dash 
panel, or was anything at all  used.  I have been told it was just screwed 
directly to the dash panel  and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl 
protective strip kind of like the  stuff that goes between the bumper and the 
overriders.  I have looked in  Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments 
restoration guide.  They  both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go 
into no detail.   Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me 
before I mar the paint  on the dash panel?
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60  AN5

_______________________________________________
Support  Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

--7b017b.64f056ae_alt_bound
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD><META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII" http-equiv=3DC=
ontent-Type></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR:=
 #000000"   bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7>=
<FONT id=3Drole_document   color=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
<DIV>Mine is an early BN1, #598 and Roger Moment often asks me for photos=
 of=20
parts on my car. This is the only photo I have right now of mine that I ca=
n=20
find, but you will be able to see that it does indeed have the plastic/vin=
yl=20
protective strip around the instrument panel. Later today, I will take som=
e more=20
photos and pass them along. Hope this helps.</DIV>
<DIV>Steven Kingsbury</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV id=3Drole_album>
<TABLE id=3Drole_outline cellSpacing=3D0 cols=3D1 align=3Dcenter border=3D=
0>
  <TBODY>
  <TR>
    <TD id=3Drole_picture       style=3D"PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP:=
 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px"       vAlign=3Dtop align=3Dce=
nter>
      <TABLE cellSpacing=3D0 cellPadding=3D0 border=3D0>
        <TBODY>
        <TR>
          <TD vAlign=3Dtop align=3Dcenter><IMG SRC=3D"cid:X.MA1.1462462411=
@aol.com"  style=3D"HEIGHT: 360px; WIDTH: 480px"               border=3D0=
 width=3D480 height=3D360 comp_state=3D"speed" DATASIZE=3D"54929"       =
        ID=3D"MA1.1462462411" > </TD></TR>
        <TR>
          <TD style=3D"PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" align=3Dcen=
ter>
            <DIV id=3Drole_caption               style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt;=
 FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Not the best angle,=20
            but you can make out the strip right above the tach. I'll have=
=20
            better ones later=20
  today.&nbsp;</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></=
DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 5/5/2016 2:12:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,=20
[email-masked] writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE   style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT:=
 blue 2px solid"><FONT     style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color=
=3D#000000 size=3D2 face=3DArial>
  <DIV     style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new yor=
k, times, serif; COLOR: #000; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff">
  <DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6153 dir=3Dltr>I have an early=
 two piece=20
  dash for my BN2.&nbsp; I guess it's just to start conversations at Heale=
y=20
  meets.&nbsp; I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a two piece=20
  dash!".</DIV>
  <DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6303 dir=3Dltr>Well my questio=
n is what=20
  was used between the instrument pod and the dash panel, or was anything=
 at all=20
  used.&nbsp; I have been told it was just screwed directly to the dash pa=
nel=20
  and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of li=
ke the=20
  stuff that goes between the bumper and the overriders.&nbsp; I have look=
ed in=20
  Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.&nbsp;=
 They=20
  both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.&nbsp;=
=20
  Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me before I mar the=
 paint=20
  on the dash panel?</DIV>
  <DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6357 dir=3Dltr>Mike MacLean</D=
IV>
  <DIV dir=3Dltr>56 BN2</DIV>
  <DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6359 dir=3Dltr>60=20
  AN5<BR></DIV></DIV><BR><BR>_____________________________________________=
__<BR>Support=20
  Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html<BR>Suggested annual donation&nb=
sp;=20
  $12.75<BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<BR>Forums:=20
  http://www.team.net/forums<BR><BR>[email-masked]<BR>http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]<BR><BR>=
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>
--7b017b.64f056ae_alt_bound--

--part1_7b017b.64f056ae.445cc1ce_rel_boundary
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--part1_7b017b.64f056ae.445cc1ce_rel_boundary--

--part1_7b017b.64f056ae.445cc1ce_boundary
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--part1_7b017b.64f056ae.445cc1ce_boundary--

---

From: Mike MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 10:28:43 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3741473253346792643==
 boundary="------------4CCF01F451749BF21791E6A3"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------4CCF01F451749BF21791E6A3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thank you Steven. Looking forward to see the pictures.

Mike

On 5/5/2016 8:33 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Mine is an early BN1, #598 and Roger Moment often asks me for photos 
> of parts on my car. This is the only photo I have right now of mine 
> that I can find, but you will be able to see that it does indeed have 
> the plastic/vinyl protective strip around the instrument panel. Later 
> today, I will take some more photos and pass them along. Hope this helps.
> Steven Kingsbury
> Not the best angle, but you can make out the strip right above the 
> tach. I'll have better ones later today.
>
>     I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just to
>     start conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey,
>     BN2s didn't have a two piece dash!".
>     Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod and
>     the dash panel, or was anything at all used. I have been told it
>     was just screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard
>     it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff
>     that goes between the bumper and the overriders.  I have looked in
>     Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide. 
>     They both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into no
>     detail.  Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me
>     Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>     Unsubscribe/Manage:

--------------4CCF01F451749BF21791E6A3
 boundary="------------8E70C16CFCE384FDC7D71088"

--------------8E70C16CFCE384FDC7D71088
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>Thank you Steven. Looking forward to see the pictures.</p>
    <p>Mike<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/5/2016 8:33 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]" type="cite">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <font id="role_document" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
        <div>Mine is an early BN1, #598 and Roger Moment often asks me
          for photos of parts on my car. This is the only photo I have
          right now of mine that I can find, but you will be able to see
          that it does indeed have the plastic/vinyl protective strip
          around the instrument panel. Later today, I will take some
          more photos and pass them along. Hope this helps.</div>
        <div>Steven Kingsbury</div>
        <div> </div>
        <div>
          <div> </div>
          <div id="role_album">
            <table id="role_outline" cols="1" align="center" border="0"
              cellspacing="0">
              <tbody>
                <tr>
                  <td id="role_picture" style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px;
                    PADDING-TOP: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-RIGHT:
                    2px" align="center" valign="top">
                    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                      <tbody>
                        <tr>
                          <td align="center" valign="top"><img
                              src="cid:[email-masked]"
                              style="HEIGHT: 360px; WIDTH: 480px"
                              comp_state="speed" datasize="54929"
                              id="MA1.1462462411" border="0"
                              height="360" width="480"> </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                          <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; PADDING-TOP:
                            5px" align="center">
                            <div id="role_caption" style="FONT-SIZE:
                              12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Not the best
                              angle, but you can make out the strip
                              right above the tach. I'll have better
                              ones later today. </div>
                          </td>
                        </tr>
                      </tbody>
                    </table>
                  </td>
                </tr>
              </tbody>
            </table>
          </div>
          <div> </div>
        </div>
        <div> </div>
        <div>
          <div>In a message dated 5/5/2016 2:12:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight
            Time, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> writes:</div>
          <blockquote style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
            BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:
              transparent" face="Arial" color="#000000" size="2">
              <div style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman,
                new york, times, serif; COLOR: #000; BACKGROUND-COLOR:
                #fff">
                <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6153" dir="ltr">I
                  have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's
                  just to start conversations at Healey meets.  I can
                  hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a two piece
                  dash!".</div>
                <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6303" dir="ltr">Well
                  my question is what was used between the instrument
                  pod and the dash panel, or was anything at all used. 
                  I have been told it was just screwed directly to the
                  dash panel and I have also heard it had a
                  plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff
                  that goes between the bumper and the overriders.  I
                  have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger
                  Moments restoration guide.  They both say what car s
                  had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone
                  have one of these really early cars can tell me before
                  I mar the paint on the dash panel?</div>
                <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6357" dir="ltr">Mike
                  MacLean</div>
                <div dir="ltr">56 BN2</div>
                <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6359" dir="ltr">60
                  AN5<br>
                </div>
              </div>
              <br>
              <br>
              _______________________________________________<br>
              Support Team.Net <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
              Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
              Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
              Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
              <br>
              <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
              <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
              <br>
              Unsubscribe/Manage:
              <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
              <br>
            </font></blockquote>
        </div>
      </font>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------8E70C16CFCE384FDC7D71088
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------8E70C16CFCE384FDC7D71088--

--------------4CCF01F451749BF21791E6A3--

--===============3741473253346792643==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3741473253346792643==--