Subject: [Healeys] Early Two Piece Dash

From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 08:38:29 +0000 (UTC)

--===============2174481434438188889==
	boundary="----=_Part_8756131_635525005.1462437509581"

------=_Part_8756131_635525005.1462437509581
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.=C2=A0 I guess it's just to start=
 conversations at Healey meets.=C2=A0 I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't =
have a two piece dash!".Well my question is what was used between the instr=
ument pod and the dash panel, or was anything at all used.=C2=A0 I have bee=
n told it was just screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard=
 it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes b=
etween the bumper and the overriders.=C2=A0 I have looked in Austin Healey =
100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.=C2=A0 They both say what=
 car s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.=C2=A0 Anyone have one=
 of these really early cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash =
panel?Mike MacLean56 BN260 AN5

------=_Part_8756131_635525005.1462437509581
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; f=
ont-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=
=3D"ltr" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6153">I have an early two pi=
ece dash for my BN2.&nbsp; I guess it's just to start conversations at Heal=
ey meets.&nbsp; I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a two piece dash!=
".</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6303" dir=3D"ltr">Well m=
y question is what was used between the instrument pod and the dash panel, =
or was anything at all used.&nbsp; I have been told it was just screwed dir=
ectly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl protec=
tive strip kind of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and the over=
riders.&nbsp; I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moment=
s restoration guide.&nbsp; They both say what car s had the two piece dash,=
 but go into no detail.&nbsp; Anyone have one of these really early cars ca=
n tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?</div><div id=3D"yui_3_1=
6_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6357" dir=3D"ltr">Mike MacLean</div><div dir=3D"lt=
r">56 BN2</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6359" dir=3D"ltr"=
>60 AN5<br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_8756131_635525005.1462437509581--

--===============2174481434438188889==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============2174481434438188889==--

---

From: Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 17:42:55 +0800

--===============7754819874447153699==

--14dae9340401acdbc00532152ae5

Hard to say, but mine doesn't have anything there

On Thursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just to start
> conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a
> two piece dash!".
> Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod and the dash
> panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been told it was just screwed
> directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl
> protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and
> the overriders.  I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger
> Moments restoration guide.  They both say what car s had the two piece
> dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone have one of these really early cars
> can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?
> Mike MacLean
> 56 BN2
> 60 AN5
>

--14dae9340401acdbc00532152ae5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hard to say, but mine doesn&#39;t have anything there<span></span><br><br>O=
n Thursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rrengineer.mi=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"=
gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-=
left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:t=
imes new roman,new york,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=3D"ltr">I have=
 an early two piece dash for my BN2.=C2=A0 I guess it&#39;s just to start c=
onversations at Healey meets.=C2=A0 I can hear it now, &quot;hey, BN2s didn=
&#39;t have a two piece dash!&quot;.</div><div dir=3D"ltr">Well my question=
 is what was used between the instrument pod and the dash panel, or was any=
thing at all used.=C2=A0 I have been told it was just screwed directly to t=
he dash panel and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip=
 kind of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and the overriders.=C2=
=A0 I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restorat=
ion guide.=C2=A0 They both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go in=
to no detail.=C2=A0 Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me =
before I mar the paint on the dash panel?</div><div dir=3D"ltr">Mike MacLea=
n</div><div dir=3D"ltr">56 BN2</div><div dir=3D"ltr">60 AN5<br></div></div>=
</div></blockquote>

--14dae9340401acdbc00532152ae5--

--===============7754819874447153699==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7754819874447153699==--

---

From: Randy Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 07:20:33 -0400

--===============8685039523353373226==

--Apple-Mail=_6AC38F7E-F12F-4214-9A8B-DE5D5CE41C22
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Hi Mike, yes there is a plastic/vinyl protective strip between the 2 =
pieces. See photo.

Randy

> On May 5, 2016, at 4:38 AM, Michael MacLean <[email-masked] =
>=20
> I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just to start =
conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't =
have a two piece dash!".
> Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod and the =
dash panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been told it was just =
screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a =
plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes between =
the bumper and the overriders.  I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in =
Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.  They both say what car s =
had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone have one of these =
really early cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?
> Support Team.Net <http://team.net/> http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive <http://www.team.net/archive>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>
>=20
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys>
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>=20

--Apple-Mail=_6AC38F7E-F12F-4214-9A8B-DE5D5CE41C22
	type="text/html";
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_740B602D-5A5B-46A9-B67B-BEC9E0DD819F"

--Apple-Mail=_740B602D-5A5B-46A9-B67B-BEC9E0DD819F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html=
 charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" =
content=3D"text/html charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;" class=3D"">Hi Mike, yes there is a plastic/vinyl =
protective strip between the 2 pieces. See photo.<div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Randy</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><img height=3D"432" width=3D"720" =
apple-width=3D"yes" apple-height=3D"yes" apple-inline=3D"yes" =
id=3D"1DBFAFE9-ED8D-4E0D-B6F4-19BC942BDD3F" class=3D"" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"></div=
><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><img height=3D"432" =
width=3D"720" apple-width=3D"yes" apple-height=3D"yes" =
apple-inline=3D"yes" id=3D"8649D6AB-732C-4359-9BCE-9386472C5DCF" =
class=3D"" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"></div=
><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""><div =
class=3D""><div class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On May 5, 2016, at 4:38 AM, Michael MacLean &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><div class=3D""><div =
style=3D"background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'times new =
roman', 'new york', times, serif; font-size: 16px;" class=3D""><div =
dir=3D"ltr" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6153" class=3D"">I =
have an early two piece dash for my BN2.&nbsp; I guess it's just to =
start conversations at Healey meets.&nbsp; I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s =
didn't have a two piece dash!".</div><div =
id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6303" dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"">Well =
my question is what was used between the instrument pod and the dash =
panel, or was anything at all used.&nbsp; I have been told it was just =
screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a =
plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes between =
the bumper and the overriders.&nbsp; I have looked in Austin Healey 100 =
in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.&nbsp; They both say what =
car s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.&nbsp; Anyone have =
one of these really early cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the =
dash panel?</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6357" =
dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"">Mike MacLean</div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"">56 =
BN2</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6359" dir=3D"ltr" =
class=3D"">60 AN5<br =
class=3D""></div></div></div>_____________________________________________=
__<br class=3D"">Support <a href=3D"http://team.net" =
class=3D"">Team.Net</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br class=3D"">Suggested =
annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<br class=3D"">Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br class=3D"">Forums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br class=3D""><br class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br class=3D""><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]=
</a><br class=3D""><br class=3D""></div></blockquote></div><br =
class=3D""></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_740B602D-5A5B-46A9-B67B-BEC9E0DD819F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename="2 piece dash A.jpg"
	x-unix-mode=0644;
	name="2 piece dash A.jpg"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_740B602D-5A5B-46A9-B67B-BEC9E0DD819F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename="2 piece dash B.jpg"
	x-unix-mode=0644;
	name="2 piece dash B.jpg"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_740B602D-5A5B-46A9-B67B-BEC9E0DD819F--

--Apple-Mail=_6AC38F7E-F12F-4214-9A8B-DE5D5CE41C22--

--===============8685039523353373226==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8685039523353373226==--

---

From: Richard Korn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 11:27:24 +0000

--===============6823867347351819665==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-02D26AB4-686D-40EF-A4B3-50983D2947AC
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-02D26AB4-686D-40EF-A4B3-50983D2947AC
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Michael, Alan ...,

=46rom the concours guidelines,
Early fascias were of a two-piece design, with the raised instrument cluster=
 a second piece that could be removed to get access to the back of the instr=
uments. A black plastic welting, similar to the welting used between bumpers=
 and over riders (but taller) was used between the instrument pod and main f=
ascia panel. When installing, this welting must be carefully trimmed on the i=
nside to clear the mounting lugs. The black plastic welting is spliced direc=
tly above the steering column.=20

I've seen pictures somewhere but can't seem to find them.

Best regards,
Richard
BN2 with one piece fascia.
Sent from my iPad

> On May 5, 2016, at 09:42, Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
>> On Thursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean <[email-masked]> wrote:=

>> I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just to start co=
nversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a tw=
o piece dash!".
>> Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod and the dash=
 panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been told it was just screwed d=
irectly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl prote=
ctive strip kind of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and the over=
riders.  I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments rest=
oration guide.  They both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into=
 no detail.  Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me before I=
 mar the paint on the dash panel?
> Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>=20
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/cynicbas=
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-02D26AB4-686D-40EF-A4B3-50983D2947AC
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto"><div>Michael, Alan ...,</div><div id=3D"App=
leMailSignature"><br></div><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature">=46rom the concour=
s guidelines,</div><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature">
	=09
=09
=09
		<div class=3D"page" title=3D"Page 177">
			<div class=3D"layoutArea">
				<div class=3D"column">
					<p><span style=3D"font-size: 10.000=
000pt; font-family: 'Bookman Old Style'">Early fascias were of a two-piece d=
esign, with the raised instrument cluster a second
piece that could be removed to get access to the back of the instruments. A b=
lack plastic
welting, similar to the welting used between bumpers and over riders (but ta=
ller) was used
between the instrument pod and main fascia panel. When installing, this welt=
ing must be
carefully trimmed on the inside to clear the mounting lugs. The black plasti=
c welting is
spliced directly above the steering column.&nbsp;</span></p>
				</div>
			</div>
		</div>I've seen pictures somewhere but can't seem to find t=
hem.</div><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature"><br></div><div id=3D"AppleMailSigna=
ture">Best regards,</div><div id=3D"AppleMailSignature">Richard</div><div id=
=3D"AppleMailSignature">BN2 with one piece fascia.<br>Sent from my iPad</div=
><div><br>On May 5, 2016, at 09:42, Alan Seigrist &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:heal=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquo=
te type=3D"cite"><div>Hard to say, but mine doesn't have anything there<span=
></span><br><br>On Thursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><block=
quote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc s=
olid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"color:#000;background-color:#fff;f=
ont-family:times new roman,new york,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=3D"=
ltr">I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.&nbsp; I guess it's just to s=
tart conversations at Healey meets.&nbsp; I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn=
't have a two piece dash!".</div><div dir=3D"ltr">Well my question is what w=
as used between the instrument pod and the dash panel, or was anything at al=
l used.&nbsp; I have been told it was just screwed directly to the dash pane=
l and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like=
 the stuff that goes between the bumper and the overriders.&nbsp; I have loo=
ked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.&nbsp=
; They both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.&nb=
sp; Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me before I mar the p=
aint on the dash panel?</div><div dir=3D"ltr">Mike MacLean</div><div dir=3D"=
ltr">56 BN2</div><div dir=3D"ltr">60 AN5<br></div></div></div></blockquote>
</div></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div><span>____________________=
___________________________</span><br><span>Support <a href=3D"http://team.n=
et">Team.Net</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team=
.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75<=
/span><br><span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.=
team.net/archive</a></span><br><span>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/=
forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br><span></span><br><span><a h=
ref=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br><=
span><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a></span><br><span></span><br><span>Unsu=
bscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/cyn=
[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/cynicbass@gm=
ail.com</a></span><br><span></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-02D26AB4-686D-40EF-A4B3-50983D2947AC--

--===============6823867347351819665==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6823867347351819665==--

---

From: Mike MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 04:37:08 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4547145960628023600==
 boundary="------------2D07F3C3A320CBECF95658BA"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------2D07F3C3A320CBECF95658BA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Where does one get this welting or a reasonable facsimile in the correct 
length?

Mike

On 5/5/2016 4:27 AM, Richard Korn wrote:
> Michael, Alan ...,
>
> From the concours guidelines,
>
> Early fascias were of a two-piece design, with the raised instrument 
> cluster a second piece that could be removed to get access to the back 
> of the instruments. A black plastic welting, similar to the welting 
> used between bumpers and over riders (but taller) was used between the 
> instrument pod and main fascia panel. When installing, this welting 
> must be carefully trimmed on the inside to clear the mounting lugs. 
> The black plastic welting is spliced directly above the steering column.
>
> On May 5, 2016, at 09:42, Alan Seigrist <[email-masked] 
>
>> On Thursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean <[email-masked] 
>>
>>     I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just to
>>     start conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey,
>>     BN2s didn't have a two piece dash!".
>>     Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod and
>>     the dash panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been told it
>>     was just screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard
>>     it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff
>>     that goes between the bumper and the overriders.  I have looked
>>     in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration
>>     guide.  They both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go
>>     into no detail.  Anyone have one of these really early cars can
>>     tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?
>>     Mike MacLean
>>     56 BN2
>>     60 AN5
>>
>> Support Team.Net <http://team.net> http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>

--------------2D07F3C3A320CBECF95658BA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>Where does one get this welting or a reasonable facsimile in the
      correct length?</p>
    <p>Mike<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/5/2016 4:27 AM, Richard Korn
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
      <div>Michael, Alan ...,</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature"><br>
      </div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">From the concours guidelines,</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">
        <div class="page" title="Page 177">
          <div class="layoutArea">
            <div class="column">
              <p><span style="font-size: 10.000000pt; font-family:
                  'Bookman Old Style'">Early fascias were of a two-piece
                  design, with the raised instrument cluster a second
                  piece that could be removed to get access to the back
                  of the instruments. A black plastic
                  welting, similar to the welting used between bumpers
                  and over riders (but taller) was used
                  between the instrument pod and main fascia panel. When
                  installing, this welting must be
                  carefully trimmed on the inside to clear the mounting
                  lugs. The black plastic welting is
                  spliced directly above the steering column. </span></p>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
        I've seen pictures somewhere but can't seem to find them.</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature"><br>
      </div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">Best regards,</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">Richard</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">BN2 with one piece fascia.<br>
        Sent from my iPad</div>
      <div><br>
        On May 5, 2016, at 09:42, Alan Seigrist &lt;<a
          moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a>&gt;
        wrote:<br>
        <br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <div>Hard to say, but mine doesn't have anything there<span></span><br>
          <br>
          On Thursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean &lt;<a
            moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
            <div>
              <div
                style="color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:times
                new roman,new york,times,serif;font-size:16px">
                <div dir="ltr">I have an early two piece dash for my
                  BN2.  I guess it's just to start conversations at
                  Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't
                  have a two piece dash!".</div>
                <div dir="ltr">Well my question is what was used between
                  the instrument pod and the dash panel, or was anything
                  at all used.  I have been told it was just screwed
                  directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it
                  had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the
                  stuff that goes between the bumper and the
                  overriders.  I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in
                  Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.  They both
                  say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into no
                  detail.  Anyone have one of these really early cars
                  can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?</div>
                <div dir="ltr">Mike MacLean</div>
                <div dir="ltr">56 BN2</div>
                <div dir="ltr">60 AN5<br>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br>
          <span>Support <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://team.net">Team.Net</a> <a
              moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></a></span><br>
          <span>Suggested annual donation  $12.75</span><br>
          <span>Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br>
          <span>Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span><a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br>
          <span><a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------2D07F3C3A320CBECF95658BA--

--===============4547145960628023600==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4547145960628023600==--

---

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 08:34:37 -0400

--001a113f1896c7bdca05321790ae

--001a113f1896c7bdc705321790ac

Hi Michael,
There was a black plastic strip between the 2 dash sections.  As far as I
am aware it was similar to, if not the same as, that used between the
bumper overriders and the blade.
On my early car I'm confident that the strip was original but oddly one
side ( the inside) had been cut off as can be seen in the attached pic.
I installed the same material as the overriders and found that until I cut
one side off it was virtually impossible to produce the sharp curve that is
required above the steering column so I suspect that is why this was done.
Michael S
BN1 #174
On May 5, 2016 4:48 AM, "Michael MacLean" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--001a113f1896c7bdc705321790ac
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">Hi Michael,<br>
There was a black plastic strip between the 2 dash sections.=C2=A0 As far a=
s I am aware it was similar to, if not the same as, that used between the b=
umper overriders and the blade.<br>
On my early car I&#39;m confident that the strip was original but oddly one=
 side ( the inside) had been cut off as can be seen in the attached pic.<br=
I installed the same material as the overriders and found that until I cut =
one side off it was virtually impossible to produce the sharp curve that is=
 required above the steering column so I suspect that is why this was done.=
<br>
Michael S <br>
BN1 #174</p>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On May 5, 2016 4:48 AM, &quot;Michael MacLean&qu=
ot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]<=
/a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" st=
yle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div>=
<div style=3D"color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:times new roman,=
new york,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=3D"ltr">I have an early two p=
iece dash for my BN2.=C2=A0 I guess it&#39;s just to start conversations at=
 Healey meets.=C2=A0 I can hear it now, &quot;hey, BN2s didn&#39;t have a t=
wo piece dash!&quot;.</div><div dir=3D"ltr">Well my question is what was us=
ed between the instrument pod and the dash panel, or was anything at all us=
ed.=C2=A0 I have been told it was just screwed directly to the dash panel a=
nd I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like t=
he stuff that goes between the bumper and the overriders.=C2=A0 I have look=
ed in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.=C2=
=A0 They both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.=
=C2=A0 Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me before I mar =
the paint on the dash panel?</div><div dir=3D"ltr">Mike MacLean</div><div d=
ir=3D"ltr">56 BN2</div><div dir=3D"ltr">60 AN5<br></div></div></div><br>___=
____________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div>

--001a113f1896c7bdc705321790ac--

--001a113f1896c7bdca05321790ae
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="20160505_082648.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--001a113f1896c7bdca05321790ae
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--001a113f1896c7bdca05321790ae--

---

From: Larry Varley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 22:40:48 +1000

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4490067855373618401==
 boundary="------------AFA1AD13BFF7E274038E7F12"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------AFA1AD13BFF7E274038E7F12
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Mike, I have the later version of the 2 piece dash that I picked up 
at an old sports car wrecker over 40 years ago, yes it should have the U 
section plastic protector between the instrument pod and the dash panel, 
mine has.

Regards

Larry Varley

http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/

On 5/05/2016 6:38 PM, Michael MacLean wrote:
> conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't 
> have a two piece dash!".
> Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod and the 
> dash panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been told it was just 
> screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a 
> plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes 
> between the bumper and the overriders.  I have looked in Austin Healey 
> 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.  They both say what 
> car s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone have one 
> of these really early cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the 
> dash panel?
> Mike MacLean
> 56 BN2
> 60 AN5
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Version: 2016.0.7596 / Virus Database: 4565/12167 - Release Date: 05/05/16
>

--------------AFA1AD13BFF7E274038E7F12
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>Hi Mike, I have the later version of the 2 piece dash that I
      picked up at an old sports car wrecker over 40 years ago, yes it
      should have the U section plastic protector between the instrument
      pod and the dash panel, mine has.<br>
    </p>
    <p>Regards</p>
    <p>Larry Varley</p>
    <p><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/">http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/</a><br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/05/2016 6:38 PM, Michael MacLean
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:times
        new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px">
        <div dir="ltr" id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6153">I have
          an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just to
          start conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey,
          BN2s didn't have a two piece dash!".</div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6303" dir="ltr">Well my
          question is what was used between the instrument pod and the
          dash panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been told it
          was just screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also
          heard it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the
          stuff that goes between the bumper and the overriders.  I have
          looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments
          restoration guide.  They both say what car s had the two piece
          dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone have one of these really
          early cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash
          panel?</div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6357" dir="ltr">Mike
          MacLean</div>
        <div dir="ltr">56 BN2</div>
        <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6359" dir="ltr">60 AN5<br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <p class="" avgcert""="" color="#000000" align="left">No virus
        found in this message.<br>
        Checked by AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</a><br>
        Version: 2016.0.7596 / Virus Database: 4565/12167 - Release
        Date: 05/05/16</p>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------AFA1AD13BFF7E274038E7F12--

--===============4490067855373618401==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4490067855373618401==--

---

From: Richard Korn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 13:00:11 +0000

--===============5071917790136434620==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-B2F3A5A3-653D-4C96-B8D0-7FD0774AE383
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-B2F3A5A3-653D-4C96-B8D0-7FD0774AE383
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 I bought this when I had my bumpers done. It's a shade bigger than the orig=
inal so it might be ok for the pod.

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1329-overider-beading.aspx

They have a great selection of trim items and very nice to deal with.nfi.

Richard

Sent from my iPad

> On May 5, 2016, at 11:37, Mike MacLean <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Where does one get this welting or a reasonable facsimile in the correct l=
ength?
>> Early fascias were of a two-piece design, with the raised instrument clus=
ter a second piece that could be removed to get access to the back of the in=
struments. A black plastic welting, similar to the welting used between bump=
ers and over riders (but taller) was used between the instrument pod and mai=
n fascia panel. When installing, this welting must be carefully trimmed on t=
he inside to clear the mounting lugs. The black plastic welting is spliced d=
irectly above the steering column.=20
>>>> On Thursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean <[email-masked]> wrot=
e:
>>>> I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just to start c=
onversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a t=
wo piece dash!".
>>>> Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod and the da=
sh panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been told it was just screwed=
 directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl pro=
tective strip kind of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and the ov=
erriders.  I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments re=
storation guide.  They both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go in=
to no detail.  Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me before=
 I mar the paint on the dash panel?
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/cynicb=
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-B2F3A5A3-653D-4C96-B8D0-7FD0774AE383
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>&nbsp;I bought this when I had my bumpers done. It's a shade bigger than the original so it might be ok for the pod.</div><div id="AppleMailSignature"><br></div><div id="AppleMailSignature"><a href="http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1329-overider-beading.aspx">http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1329-overider-beading.aspx</a></div><div id="AppleMailSignature"><br></div><div id="AppleMailSignature">They have a great selection of trim items and very nice to deal with.nfi.</div><div id="AppleMailSignature"><br></div><div id="AppleMailSignature">Richard<br><br>Sent from my iPad</div><div><br>On May 5, 2016, at 11:37, Mike MacLean &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>

    <p>Where does one get this welting or a reasonable facsimile in the
      correct length?</p>
    <p>Mike<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/5/2016 4:27 AM, Richard Korn
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]" type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
      <div>Michael, Alan ...,</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature"><br>
      </div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">From the concours guidelines,</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">
        <div class="page" title="Page 177">
          <div class="layoutArea">
            <div class="column">
              <p><span style="font-size: 10.000000pt; font-family:
                  'Bookman Old Style'">Early fascias were of a two-piece
                  design, with the raised instrument cluster a second
                  piece that could be removed to get access to the back
                  of the instruments. A black plastic
                  welting, similar to the welting used between bumpers
                  and over riders (but taller) was used
                  between the instrument pod and main fascia panel. When
                  installing, this welting must be
                  carefully trimmed on the inside to clear the mounting
                  lugs. The black plastic welting is
                  spliced directly above the steering column.&nbsp;</span></p>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
        I've seen pictures somewhere but can't seem to find them.</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature"><br>
      </div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">Best regards,</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">Richard</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">BN2 with one piece fascia.<br>
        Sent from my iPad</div>
      <div><br>
        On May 5, 2016, at 09:42, Alan Seigrist &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]"></a><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
        wrote:<br>
        <br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <div>Hard to say, but mine doesn't have anything there<span></span><br>
          <br>
          On Thursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]"></a><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
            <div>
              <div style="color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:times
                new roman,new york,times,serif;font-size:16px">
                <div dir="ltr">I have an early two piece dash for my
                  BN2.&nbsp; I guess it's just to start conversations at
                  Healey meets.&nbsp; I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't
                  have a two piece dash!".</div>
                <div dir="ltr">Well my question is what was used between
                  the instrument pod and the dash panel, or was anything
                  at all used.&nbsp; I have been told it was just screwed
                  directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it
                  had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the
                  stuff that goes between the bumper and the
                  overriders.&nbsp; I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in
                  Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.&nbsp; They both
                  say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into no
                  detail.&nbsp; Anyone have one of these really early cars
                  can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?</div>
                <div dir="ltr">Mike MacLean</div>
                <div dir="ltr">56 BN2</div>
                <div dir="ltr">60 AN5<br>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br>
          <span>Support <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://team.net">Team.Net</a> <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"></a><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br>
          <span>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.75</span><br>
          <span>Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br>
          <span>Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span><a moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br>
          <span><a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
    </blockquote>
    <br>

</div></blockquote></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-B2F3A5A3-653D-4C96-B8D0-7FD0774AE383--

--===============5071917790136434620==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5071917790136434620==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 09:38:46 -0400

--===============6145287680425393968==
	boundary="----=_Part_2664_1118366441.1462455526444"

------=_Part_2664_1118366441.1462455526444
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

My early BN1 with a two piece dash included a piece of black plastic/vinyl protective stripping between the two components. 
Gary Hodson 

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael MacLean <[email-masked]>
To: Healeys Help <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu, May 5, 2016 3:59 am
Subject: [Healeys] Early Two Piece Dash

I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just to start conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a two piece dash!".
Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod and the dash panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been told it was just screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and the overriders.  I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.  They both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

[email-masked]

------=_Part_2664_1118366441.1462455526444
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='2' face='arial'>
<div>My early BN1 with a two piece dash included a piece of black plastic/vinyl&nbsp;protective stripping between the two components. </div>

<div>Gary Hodson&nbsp;</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div style="color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica; font-size: 10pt;">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Michael MacLean &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Healeys Help &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Thu, May 5, 2016 3:59 am<br>
Subject: [Healeys] Early Two Piece Dash<br>
<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_1.2_eb0e255b-a193-4f50-96d0-fd90d78dea7a">

<div class="aolReplacedBody">
<div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
<div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6153" dir="ltr">I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.&nbsp; I guess it's just to start conversations at Healey meets.&nbsp; I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a two piece dash!".</div>

<div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6303" dir="ltr">Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod and the dash panel, or was anything at all used.&nbsp; I have been told it was just screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and the overriders.&nbsp; I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.&nbsp; They both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.&nbsp; Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?</div>

<div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6357" dir="ltr">Mike MacLean</div>

</div>

_______________________________________________<br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</font>
------=_Part_2664_1118366441.1462455526444--

--===============6145287680425393968==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6145287680425393968==--

---

From: Roland Wilhelmy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 07:01:16 -0700

--===============6427669214064005836==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body lang=3D"en-US" style=3D"background-color: rgb(255,=
 255, 255); line-height: initial;">                                        =
                                              <div style=3D"width: 100%; fo=
nt-size: initial; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif=
; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, =
255, 255);">Yes there was a piece of trim. I ordered my replacement from Au=
tofarm.&nbsp;</div><div style=3D"width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-fami=
ly: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); =
text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></div><div =
style=3D"width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro'=
, sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align: initial; bac=
kground-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">-Roland</div><div style=3D"width: 100%;=
 font-size: initial; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-se=
rif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(25=
5, 255, 255);">BN1 #724</div>                                              =
                                                                           =
            <div style=3D"width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-family: Cal=
ibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-al=
ign: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br style=3D"display:i=
nitial"></div>                                                             =
                                                                           =
                                                           <div style=3D"fo=
nt-size: initial; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif=
; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, =
255, 255);">Sent&nbsp;from&nbsp;my&nbsp;BlackBerry&nbsp;10&nbsp;smartphone.=
</div>                                                                     =
                                                                           =
                                  <table width=3D"100%" style=3D"background=
-color:white;border-spacing:0px;"> <tbody><tr><td colspan=3D"2" style=3D"fo=
nt-size: initial; text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255)=
;">                           <div style=3D"border-style: solid none none; =
border-top-color: rgb(181, 196, 223); border-top-width: 1pt; padding: 3pt 0=
in 0in; font-family: Tahoma, 'BB Alpha Sans', 'Slate Pro'; font-size: 10pt;=
">  <div><b>From: </b>Michael MacLean</div><div><b>Sent: </b>Thursday, May =
5, 2016 1:52 AM</div><div><b>To: </b>Healeys Help</div><div><b>Reply To: </=
b>Michael MacLean</div><div><b>Subject: </b>[Healeys] Early Two Piece Dash<=
/div></div></td></tr></tbody></table><div style=3D"border-style: solid none=
 none; border-top-color: rgb(186, 188, 209); border-top-width: 1pt; font-si=
ze: initial; text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></=
div><br><div id=3D"_originalContent" style=3D""><div style=3D"color:#000; b=
ackground-color:#fff; font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;f=
ont-size:16px"><div dir=3D"ltr" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6153"=
>I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.&nbsp; I guess it's just to star=
t conversations at Healey meets.&nbsp; I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't=
 have a two piece dash!".</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6=
303" dir=3D"ltr">Well my question is what was used between the instrument p=
od and the dash panel, or was anything at all used.&nbsp; I have been told =
it was just screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had=
 a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes between =
the bumper and the overriders.&nbsp; I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in =
Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.&nbsp; They both say what car s =
had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.&nbsp; Anyone have one of the=
se really early cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?<=
/div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6357" dir=3D"ltr">Mike MacL=
ean</div><div dir=3D"ltr">56 BN2</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_14624370=
12558_6359" dir=3D"ltr">60 AN5<br></div></div><br><!--end of _originalConte=
nt --></div></body></html>

--===============6427669214064005836==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6427669214064005836==--

---

From: Mike MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 10:40:54 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5419661778867007762==
 boundary="------------4B2A749406A93647BCB32CF1"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------4B2A749406A93647BCB32CF1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thank you Roland.  I will check with them.  Moss does not sell the 
length needed for this.

Mike MacLean

On 5/5/2016 7:01 AM, Roland Wilhelmy wrote:
> Yes there was a piece of trim. I ordered my replacement from Autofarm.
>
> -Roland
> BN1 #724
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
> *From: *Michael MacLean
> *Sent: *Thursday, May 5, 2016 1:52 AM
> *To: *Healeys Help
> *Reply To: *Michael MacLean
> *Subject: *[Healeys] Early Two Piece Dash
>
>

--------------4B2A749406A93647BCB32CF1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>Thank you Roland.  I will check with them.  Moss does not sell
      the length needed for this.</p>
    <p>Mike MacLean<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/5/2016 7:01 AM, Roland Wilhelmy
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <div style="width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-family: Calibri,
        'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);
        text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Yes
        there was a piece of trim. I ordered my replacement from
        Autofarm. </div>
      <div style="width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-family: Calibri,
        'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);
        text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br>
      </div>
      <div style="width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-family: Calibri,
        'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);
        text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">-Roland</div>
      <div style="width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-family: Calibri,
        'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);
        text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">BN1
        #724</div>
      <div style="width: 100%; font-size: initial; font-family: Calibri,
        'Slate Pro', sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);
        text-align: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br
          style="display:initial">
      </div>
      <div style="font-size: initial; font-family: Calibri, 'Slate Pro',
        sans-serif, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align:
        initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.</div>
      <table style="background-color:white;border-spacing:0px;"
        width="100%">
        <tbody>
          <tr>
            <td colspan="2" style="font-size: initial; text-align:
              initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
              <div style="border-style: solid none none;
                border-top-color: rgb(181, 196, 223); border-top-width:
                1pt; padding: 3pt 0in 0in; font-family: Tahoma, 'BB
                Alpha Sans', 'Slate Pro'; font-size: 10pt;">
                <div><b>From: </b>Michael MacLean</div>
                <div><b>Sent: </b>Thursday, May 5, 2016 1:52 AM</div>
                <div><b>To: </b>Healeys Help</div>
                <div><b>Reply To: </b>Michael MacLean</div>
                <div><b>Subject: </b>[Healeys] Early Two Piece Dash</div>
              </div>
            </td>
          </tr>
        </tbody>
      </table>
      <br>
      <div id="_originalContent" style="">
        <div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:times
          new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px">
          <div dir="ltr" id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6153">I
            have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just
            to start conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now,
            "hey, BN2s didn't have a two piece dash!".</div>
          <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6303" dir="ltr">Well
            my question is what was used between the instrument pod and
            the dash panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been
            told it was just screwed directly to the dash panel and I
            have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind
            of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and the
            overriders.  I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail
            and Roger Moments restoration guide.  They both say what car
            s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone
            have one of these really early cars can tell me before I mar
            the paint on the dash panel?</div>
          <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6357" dir="ltr">Mike
            MacLean</div>
          <div dir="ltr">56 BN2</div>
          <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6359" dir="ltr">60
            AN5<br>
          </div>
        </div>
        <br>
        <!--end of _originalContent --></div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------4B2A749406A93647BCB32CF1--

--===============5419661778867007762==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5419661778867007762==--

---

From: Mike MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 10:42:51 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1454952033584796136==
 boundary="------------9B50FD862C5E2CE32B566360"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------9B50FD862C5E2CE32B566360
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Gary,

      It is becoming quite apparent that the protective stripping you 
mentioned was indeed there.  Thanks for the input.

Mike

On 5/5/2016 6:38 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> My early BN1 with a two piece dash included a piece of black 
> plastic/vinyl protective stripping between the two components.
> Gary Hodson
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------9B50FD862C5E2CE32B566360
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>Gary,</p>
    <p>     It is becoming quite apparent that the protective stripping
      you mentioned was indeed there.  Thanks for the input.</p>
    <p>Mike<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/5/2016 6:38 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite"><font face="arial" color="black" size="2">
        <div>My early BN1 with a two piece dash included a piece of
          black plastic/vinyl protective stripping between the two
          components. </div>
        <div>Gary Hodson </div>
        <div> </div>
        <div> </div>
        <div style="color: black; font-family: arial,helvetica;
          font-size: 10pt;">-----Original Message-----<br>
          From: Michael MacLean <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          To: Healeys Help <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          Sent: Thu, May 5, 2016 3:59 am<br>
          Subject: [Healeys] Early Two Piece Dash<br>
          <br>
          <div id="AOLMsgPart_1.2_eb0e255b-a193-4f50-96d0-fd90d78dea7a">
            <div class="aolReplacedBody">
              <div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: times new
                roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px;
                background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
                <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6153" dir="ltr">I
                  have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's
                  just to start conversations at Healey meets.  I can
                  hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a two piece
                  dash!".</div>
                <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6303" dir="ltr">Well
                  my question is what was used between the instrument
                  pod and the dash panel, or was anything at all used. 
                  I have been told it was just screwed directly to the
                  dash panel and I have also heard it had a
                  plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff
                  that goes between the bumper and the overriders.  I
                  have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger
                  Moments restoration guide.  They both say what car s
                  had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone
                  have one of these really early cars can tell me before
                  I mar the paint on the dash panel?</div>
                <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6357" dir="ltr">Mike
                  MacLean</div>
                <div dir="ltr">56 BN2</div>
                <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6359" dir="ltr">60
                  AN5<br>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
          _______________________________________________<br>
          Support Team.Net <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation $12.75<br>
          Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
          <br>
          <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
          <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
            target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
            target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
          <br>
        </div>
      </font>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------9B50FD862C5E2CE32B566360--

--===============1454952033584796136==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1454952033584796136==--

---

From: Mike MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 10:47:04 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============9192246776230680616==
 boundary="------------65A85B6D3257F9AFA8403909"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------65A85B6D3257F9AFA8403909
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Richard,

      Thank you.  Always appreciative of another resource.  This list is 
the best.

Mike

On 5/5/2016 6:00 AM, Richard Korn wrote:
>  I bought this when I had my bumpers done. It's a shade bigger than 
> the original so it might be ok for the pod.
>
> On May 5, 2016, at 11:37, Mike MacLean <[email-masked] 
>
>> Where does one get this welting or a reasonable facsimile in the 
>> correct length?
>>
>> Mike
>>
>>
>>> cluster a second piece that could be removed to get access to the 
>>> back of the instruments. A black plastic welting, similar to the 
>>> welting used between bumpers and over riders (but taller) was used 
>>> between the instrument pod and main fascia panel. When installing, 
>>> this welting must be carefully trimmed on the inside to clear the 
>>> mounting lugs. The black plastic welting is spliced directly above 
>>> the steering column.
>>>
>>>>     I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just
>>>>     "hey, BN2s didn't have a two piece dash!".
>>>>     Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod
>>>>     and the dash panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been
>>>>     told it was just screwed directly to the dash panel and I have
>>>>     also heard it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like
>>>>     the stuff that goes between the bumper and the overriders.  I
>>>>     have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments
>>>>     early cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?
>>>>     Mike MacLean
>>>>     56 BN2
>>>>     60 AN5
>>>>

--------------65A85B6D3257F9AFA8403909
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>Richard,</p>
    <p>     Thank you.  Always appreciative of another resource.  This
      list is the best.</p>
    <p>Mike<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/5/2016 6:00 AM, Richard Korn
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
      <div> I bought this when I had my bumpers done. It's a shade
        bigger than the original so it might be ok for the pod.</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature"><br>
      </div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature"><a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1329-overider-beading.aspx">http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1329-overider-beading.aspx</a></div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature"><br>
      </div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">They have a great selection of trim
        items and very nice to deal with.nfi.</div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature"><br>
      </div>
      <div id="AppleMailSignature">Richard<br>
        <br>
        Sent from my iPad</div>
      <div><br>
        On May 5, 2016, at 11:37, Mike MacLean &lt;<a
          moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a>&gt;
        wrote:<br>
        <br>
      </div>
      <blockquote type="cite">
        <div>
          <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8"
            http-equiv="Content-Type">
          <p>Where does one get this welting or a reasonable facsimile
            in the correct length?</p>
          <p>Mike<br>
          </p>
          <br>
          <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/5/2016 4:27 AM, Richard Korn
            wrote:<br>
          </div>
          <blockquote
            cite="mid:[email-masked]"
            type="cite">
            <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
              charset=utf-8">
            <div>Michael, Alan ...,</div>
            <div id="AppleMailSignature"><br>
            </div>
            <div id="AppleMailSignature">From the concours guidelines,</div>
            <div id="AppleMailSignature">
              <div class="page" title="Page 177">
                <div class="layoutArea">
                  <div class="column">
                    <p><span style="font-size: 10.000000pt; font-family:
                        'Bookman Old Style'">Early fascias were of a
                        two-piece design, with the raised instrument
                        cluster a second piece that could be removed to
                        get access to the back of the instruments. A
                        black plastic welting, similar to the welting
                        used between bumpers and over riders (but
                        taller) was used between the instrument pod and
                        main fascia panel. When installing, this welting
                        must be carefully trimmed on the inside to clear
                        the mounting lugs. The black plastic welting is
                        spliced directly above the steering column. </span></p>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
              I've seen pictures somewhere but can't seem to find them.</div>
            <div id="AppleMailSignature"><br>
            </div>
            <div id="AppleMailSignature">Best regards,</div>
            <div id="AppleMailSignature">Richard</div>
            <div id="AppleMailSignature">BN2 with one piece fascia.<br>
              Sent from my iPad</div>
            <div><br>
              On May 5, 2016, at 09:42, Alan Seigrist &lt;<a
                moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
                href="mailto:[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a>&gt;
              wrote:<br>
              <br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type="cite">
              <div>Hard to say, but mine doesn't have anything there<span></span><br>
                <br>
                On Thursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean &lt;<a
                  moz-do-not-send="true"
                  class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a>&gt;
                wrote:<br>
                <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
                  .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                  <div>
                    <div
                      style="color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:times
                      new roman,new york,times,serif;font-size:16px">
                      <div dir="ltr">I have an early two piece dash for
                        my BN2.  I guess it's just to start
                        conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it
                        now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a two piece dash!".</div>
                      <div dir="ltr">Well my question is what was used
                        between the instrument pod and the dash panel,
                        or was anything at all used.  I have been told
                        it was just screwed directly to the dash panel
                        and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl
                        protective strip kind of like the stuff that
                        goes between the bumper and the overriders.  I
                        have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and
                        Roger Moments restoration guide.  They both say
                        what car s had the two piece dash, but go into
                        no detail.  Anyone have one of these really
                        early cars can tell me before I mar the paint on
                        the dash panel?</div>
                      <div dir="ltr">Mike MacLean</div>
                      <div dir="ltr">56 BN2</div>
                      <div dir="ltr">60 AN5<br>
                      </div>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                </blockquote>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
            <blockquote type="cite">
              <div><span>_______________________________________________</span><br>
                <span>Support <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="http://team.net">Team.Net</a> <a
                    moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                    href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></a></span><br>
                <span>Suggested annual donation  $12.75</span><br>
                <span>Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br>
                <span>Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br>
                <span></span><br>
                <span><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br>
                <span><a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a></span><br>
                <span></span><br>
                <span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a></span><br>
                <span></span><br>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
          </blockquote>
          <br>
        </div>
      </blockquote>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------65A85B6D3257F9AFA8403909--

--===============9192246776230680616==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============9192246776230680616==--

---

From: Mike MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 10:56:51 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3141625577976442994==
 boundary="------------CE16381A97BF3ABE5207711F"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------CE16381A97BF3ABE5207711F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Wow! I wonder if any of the other original cars have this detail.  It 
sure helps me to install mine.  Once again, Michael to the rescue.  So, 
now I will have to cut off the inside edge at the attachment points and 
over the steering wheel and also make the seam right at the top above 
the turn signal indicator.  The collective knowledge of the list is amazing.

Mike MacLean

56 BN2, 60 AN5

On 5/5/2016 5:34 AM, Michael Salter wrote:
>
> Hi Michael,
> There was a black plastic strip between the 2 dash sections.  As far 
> as I am aware it was similar to, if not the same as, that used between 
> the bumper overriders and the blade.
> On my early car I'm confident that the strip was original but oddly 
> one side ( the inside) had been cut off as can be seen in the attached 
> pic.
> I installed the same material as the overriders and found that until I 
> cut one side off it was virtually impossible to produce the sharp 
> curve that is required above the steering column so I suspect that is 
> why this was done.
> Michael S
> BN1 #174
>
> On May 5, 2016 4:48 AM, "Michael MacLean" <[email-masked] 
>
>     that goes between the bumper and the overriders.  I have looked in
>     Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide. 
>     They both say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into no
>     detail.  Anyone have one of these really early cars can tell me
>     before I mar the paint on the dash panel?
>     Mike MacLean
>     56 BN2
>     60 AN5
>

--------------CE16381A97BF3ABE5207711F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>Wow! I wonder if any of the other original cars have this
      detail.  It sure helps me to install mine.  Once again, Michael to
      the rescue.  So, now I will have to cut off the inside edge at the
      attachment points and over the steering wheel and also make the
      seam right at the top above the turn signal indicator.  The
      collective knowledge of the list is amazing.</p>
    <p>Mike MacLean</p>
    <p>56 BN2, 60 AN5<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/5/2016 5:34 AM, Michael Salter
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <p dir="ltr">Hi Michael,<br>
        There was a black plastic strip between the 2 dash sections.  As
        far as I am aware it was similar to, if not the same as, that
        used between the bumper overriders and the blade.<br>
        On my early car I'm confident that the strip was original but
        oddly one side ( the inside) had been cut off as can be seen in
        the attached pic.<br>
        I installed the same material as the overriders and found that
        until I cut one side off it was virtually impossible to produce
        the sharp curve that is required above the steering column so I
        suspect that is why this was done.<br>
        Michael S <br>
        BN1 #174</p>
      <div class="gmail_quote">On May 5, 2016 4:48 AM, "Michael MacLean"
        &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
        wrote:<br type="attribution">
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
          <div>
            <div
              style="color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:times
              new roman,new york,times,serif;font-size:16px">
              <div dir="ltr">I have an early two piece dash for my BN2. 
                I guess it's just to start conversations at Healey
                meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't have a two
                piece dash!".</div>
              <div dir="ltr">Well my question is what was used between
                the instrument pod and the dash panel, or was anything
                at all used.  I have been told it was just screwed
                directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had
                a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff
                that goes between the bumper and the overriders.  I have
                looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments
                restoration guide.  They both say what car s had the two
                piece dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone have one of
                these really early cars can tell me before I mar the
                paint on the dash panel?</div>
              <div dir="ltr">Mike MacLean</div>
              <div dir="ltr">56 BN2</div>
              <div dir="ltr">60 AN5<br>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
          <br>
          _______________________________________________<br>
          Support Team.Net <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel="noreferrer"
            target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
          Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://www.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer"
            target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
          Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://www.team.net/forums" rel="noreferrer"
            target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
          <br>
          <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
          <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
          <br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------CE16381A97BF3ABE5207711F--

--===============3141625577976442994==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3141625577976442994==--

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 11:24:13 -0700

--===============5891605493347617590==

--f46d04462ff40780ae05321c7394

Mike and Alan,

>From the Concours Guidelines...

Early fascias were of a two-piece design, with the raised instrument
cluster a second
piece that could be removed to get access to the back of the instruments. A
black plastic
welting, similar to the welting used between bumpers and over riders (but
taller) was used
between the instrument pod and main fascia panel. When installing, this
welting must be
carefully trimmed on the inside to clear the mounting lugs. The black
plastic welting is
spliced directly above the steering column.

Just use a long strip of the same rubber that goes between the bumpers and
the overriders.

Cheers,

Curt
AH Concours Registry

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 2:42 AM, Alan Seigrist <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--f46d04462ff40780ae05321c7394
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div><div>Mike and Alan,<br><br></div><div>From =
the Concours Guidelines...<br></div><div><br><span style=3D"font-family:Boo=
kman Old Style;font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-varian=
t:normal">Early fascias were of a two-piece design, with the raised instrum=
ent cluster a second<br><span style=3D"font-family:Bookman Old Style;font-s=
ize:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">piece that =
could be removed to get access to the back of the instruments. A black plas=
tic<br><span style=3D"font-family:Bookman Old Style;font-size:9pt;color:rgb=
(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">welting, similar to the welt=
ing used between bumpers and over riders (but taller) was used<br><span sty=
le=3D"font-family:Bookman Old Style;font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-sty=
le:normal;font-variant:normal">between the instrument pod and main fascia p=
anel. When installing, this welting must be<br><span style=3D"font-family:B=
ookman Old Style;font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-vari=
ant:normal">carefully trimmed on the inside to clear the mounting lugs. The=
 black plastic welting is<br><span style=3D"font-family:Bookman Old Style;f=
ont-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">splice=
d directly above the steering column.</span></span></span></span></span><br=
 style=3D"font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-s=
pacing:normal;line-height:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-=
space:normal;word-spacing:0px"></span><br></div>Just use a long strip of th=
e same rubber that goes between the bumpers and the overriders.=C2=A0 <br><=
br></div>Cheers,<br><br></div>Curt<br></div>AH Concours Registry<br></div><=
div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, May 5, 201=
6 at 2:42 AM, Alan Seigrist <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healey.=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:=
<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-lef=
t:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hard to say, but mine doesn&#39;t have a=
nything there<div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5"><span></span><br><br>O=
n Thursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rrengineer.mi=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><bl=
ockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #=
ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"color:#000;background-color:=
#fff;font-family:times new roman,new york,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div =
dir=3D"ltr">I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.=C2=A0 I guess it&#39=
;s just to start conversations at Healey meets.=C2=A0 I can hear it now, &q=
uot;hey, BN2s didn&#39;t have a two piece dash!&quot;.</div><div dir=3D"ltr=
">Well my question is what was used between the instrument pod and the dash=
 panel, or was anything at all used.=C2=A0 I have been told it was just scr=
ewed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a plastic/viny=
l protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and =
the overriders.=C2=A0 I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roge=
r Moments restoration guide.=C2=A0 They both say what car s had the two pie=
ce dash, but go into no detail.=C2=A0 Anyone have one of these really early=
 cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?</div><div dir=
=3D"ltr">Mike MacLean</div><div dir=3D"ltr">56 BN2</div><div dir=3D"ltr">60=
 AN5<br></div></div></div></blockquote>
</div></div><br>_______________________________________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--f46d04462ff40780ae05321c7394--

--===============5891605493347617590==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5891605493347617590==--

---

From: Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 11:29:02 -0700

--001a113d7ba653542105321c84c7

--001a113d7ba653541b05321c84c5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Mike,

Here is a form to order the 2016 AH Concours Guidelines.

*2016 Concours Registry** Guidelines Order Form **(v. January 2016)*
Complete form and submit with payment made payable to =E2=80=9C*Mike
Osipik,Treasurer AHCR*=E2=80=9D (US funds Money Order, Personal Check or
equivalent. Do not send cash to:

Mike Osipik
C/O Austin Healey Concours Registry
39 East 55th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64113 USA
[email-masked]
816-729-9119

*PayPal Preferred Option: Please indicate your email address and check this
box.*
*An invoice will be sent to your email address requesting payment via
PayPal.*
*Completed form must be mailed or emailed.*
Name: _________________________________________
Address:______________________________________________
City, State, Zip:_________________________________________
Country (if other than US) _____________________________
Email Address: ____________________________________
Phone:_________________ Please note your car(s) description: Year__________
Model=E2=80=94BN1__ S__ BN2__ M__ BN4__ BN6__ BN7MK1__ BT7MK1__ BN7MK2__ BT=
7MK2__
BJ7__ BJ8 Phase 1__ BJ8 Phase 2__ Other Healey ____________ Sprite=E2=80=94=
MK1___
MK2___ MK3___ MK4____Other__________________

The Austin Healey Concours Registry Guidelines and Judging Forms are
Copyrighted documents provided
for the exclusive use of individuals purchasing the documents through the
Austin Healey Concours Registry.
All guidelines will be distributed via CD with PDF formats. If you do not
have Acrobat Reader on your
computer instructions will be provided with your order or you can go to:
http://get.adobe.com/reader/ for
a free down load copy. Purchaser is allowed to print one set for their
library and one set for their work
shop. Files are not to be sold, distributed, transmitted via internet,
altered or used in any other manner than
intended by the Austin Healey Concours Registry.

(____) Big Healey Guidelines CD w/color photos AND/OR (____) Sprite
Guidelines CD (Last update 2001) - no photos
*Price includes shipping via US Priority Mail *US Address: $20 USD, Canada
and Mexico: $35 USD, All other countries: $45 USD
*Drop Box Option: Electronic Transfer of Guidelines--All Countries $15*
Ordering both Big Healey and Sprite Guidelines or multiple copies? Add the
CD cost of
$15 USD and ship with your current order (no additional postage cost)
Description- Each CD includes files for the following: Policies and
Procedures, Judging
Guidelines, Photos (Big Healey), Score Sheets and Supplements.

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Curtis Arndt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> piece that could be removed to get access to the back of the instruments.
> A black plastic
> Just use a long strip of the same rubber that goes between the bumpers an=
d
>> On Thursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean <[email-masked]> wrote=
:
>>> conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s didn't ha=
ve a
>>> plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes between=
 the
>>> bumper and the overriders.  I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detai=
l
>>> and Roger Moments restoration guide.  They both say what car s had the =
two
>>> piece dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone have one of these really ear=
ly
>>> cars can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?
>>> Mike MacLean
>>> 56 BN2
>>> 60 AN5
>>>
>>

--001a113d7ba653541b05321c84c5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Mike,<br><div><br>Here is a form to order the 2016 AH Conc=
ours Guidelines.<br><br><span style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font=
-style:normal;font-variant:normal"><b><i>2016 Concours Registry</i></b><spa=
n style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:n=
ormal"><b><i> Guidelines Order Form </i></b><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;co=
lor:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal"><b>(v. January 2016)<=
/b><span style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-va=
riant:normal">
Complete form and submit with payment made payable to =E2=80=9C<span style=
=3D"font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">=
<b>Mike Osipik,Treasurer AHCR</b><span style=3D"font-family:Arial;font-size=
:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">=E2=80=9D (US=
 funds Money Order, Personal Check or equivalent. Do<span style=3D"font-siz=
e:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">
not send cash to:<br><br><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);fon=
t-style:normal;font-variant:normal">Mike Osipik<br><span style=3D"font-size=
:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">C/O Austin He=
aley Concours Registry<br><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);fo=
nt-style:normal;font-variant:normal">39 East 55th Terrace<br><span style=3D=
"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">Kan=
sas City, MO 64113 USA<br><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);fo=
nt-style:normal;font-variant:normal"><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
">[email-masked]</a><br><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0=
);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">816-729-9119<br><br></span></span>=
</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></spa=
n><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-var=
iant:normal"><b><i>PayPal Preferred Option: Please indicate your email addr=
ess and check this box.</i></b><br><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(=
0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal"><b><i>An invoice will be sent=
 to your email address requesting payment via PayPal.</i></b><br><span styl=
e=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal"=
><b><i>Completed form must be mailed or emailed.</i></b><br><span style=3D"=
font-size:14pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">Name=
: _________________________________________<br><span style=3D"font-size:14p=
t;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">Address:_________=
_____________________________________<br><span style=3D"font-size:14pt;colo=
r:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">City, State, Zip:______=
___________________________________<br><span style=3D"font-size:14pt;color:=
rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">Country (if other than US=
) _____________________________<br><span style=3D"font-size:14pt;color:rgb(=
0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">Email Address: ______________=
______________________<br><span style=3D"font-size:14pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);fo=
nt-style:normal;font-variant:normal">Phone:_________________<span style=3D"=
font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">
Please note your car(s) description: Year__________<span style=3D"font-size=
:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">
Model=E2=80=94BN1__ S__ BN2__ M__ BN4__ BN6__ BN7MK1__ BT7MK1__<span style=
=3D"font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">
BN7MK2__ BT7MK2__ BJ7__ BJ8 Phase 1__ BJ8 Phase 2__<span style=3D"font-size=
:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">
Other Healey ____________<span style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);fon=
t-style:normal;font-variant:normal">
Sprite=E2=80=94MK1___ MK2___ MK3___ MK4____Other__________________<br><span=
 style=3D"font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:nor=
mal"><br>The Austin Healey Concours Registry Guidelines and Judging Forms a=
re Copyrighted documents provided<br><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;color:rgb=
(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">for the exclusive use of ind=
ividuals purchasing the documents through the Austin Healey Concours Regist=
ry.<br><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font=
-variant:normal">All guidelines will be distributed via CD with PDF formats=
. If you do not have Acrobat Reader on your<br><span style=3D"font-size:9pt=
;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">computer instructi=
ons will be provided with your order or you can go to: <span style=3D"font-=
size:10pt;color:rgb(0,0,255);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal"><a href=
=3D"http://get.adobe.com/reader/">http://get.adobe.com/reader/</a> <span st=
yle=3D"font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal=
">for<br><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;fo=
nt-variant:normal">a free down load copy. Purchaser is allowed to print one=
 set for their library and one set for their work<br><span style=3D"font-si=
ze:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">shop. Files =
are not to be sold, distributed, transmitted via internet, altered or used =
in any other manner than<br><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);f=
ont-style:normal;font-variant:normal">intended by the Austin Healey Concour=
s Registry.<span style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal=
;font-variant:normal">
<br><br>(____) Big Healey Guidelines CD w/color photos<span style=3D"font-s=
ize:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">
AND/OR<span style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font=
-variant:normal">
(____) Sprite Guidelines CD (Last update 2001) - no photos<br><span style=
=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">=
<b>Price includes shipping via US Priority Mail </b><span style=3D"font-siz=
e:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">US Address: =
$20 USD, Canada and Mexico: $35 USD, All other countries: $45 USD<br><span =
style=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:nor=
mal"><b>Drop Box Option: Electronic Transfer of Guidelines--All Countries $=
15</b><br><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;=
font-variant:normal">Ordering both Big Healey and Sprite Guidelines or mult=
iple copies? Add the CD cost of<br><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(=
0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">$15 USD and ship with your cu=
rrent order (no additional postage cost)<br><span style=3D"font-size:11pt;c=
olor:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">Description- Each CD=
 includes files for the following: Policies and Procedures, Judging<br><spa=
n style=3D"font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:n=
ormal">Guidelines, Photos (Big Healey), Score Sheets and Supplements.</span=
></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></sp=
an></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></=
span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>=
</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Th=
u, May 5, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Curtis Arndt <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"m=
ailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</spa=
n> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;b=
order-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div=
><div>Mike and Alan,<br><br></div><div>From the Concours Guidelines...<br><=
/div><div><br><span style=3D"font-family:Bookman Old Style;font-size:9pt;co=
lor:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">Early fascias were of=
 a two-piece design, with the raised instrument cluster a second<br><span s=
tyle=3D"font-family:Bookman Old Style;font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-s=
tyle:normal;font-variant:normal">piece that could be removed to get access =
to the back of the instruments. A black plastic<br><span style=3D"font-fami=
ly:Bookman Old Style;font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-=
variant:normal">welting, similar to the welting used between bumpers and ov=
er riders (but taller) was used<br><span style=3D"font-family:Bookman Old S=
tyle;font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">=
between the instrument pod and main fascia panel. When installing, this wel=
ting must be<br><span style=3D"font-family:Bookman Old Style;font-size:9pt;=
color:rgb(0,0,0);font-style:normal;font-variant:normal">carefully trimmed o=
n the inside to clear the mounting lugs. The black plastic welting is<br><s=
pan style=3D"font-family:Bookman Old Style;font-size:9pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);f=
ont-style:normal;font-variant:normal">spliced directly above the steering c=
olumn.</span></span></span></span></span><br style=3D"font-style:normal;fon=
t-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;line-height:norma=
l;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px">=
</span><br></div>Just use a long strip of the same rubber that goes between=
 the bumpers and the overriders.=C2=A0 <br><br></div>Cheers,<br><br></div>C=
urt<br></div>AH Concours Registry<br></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><=
div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div><div class=3D"h5">On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 2:4=
2 AM, Alan Seigrist <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healey.nut@gmai=
l.com" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br></di=
v></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border=
-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div class=3D"h5">Hard to say, =
but mine doesn&#39;t have anything there<div><div><span></span><br><br>On T=
hursday, 5 May 2016, Michael MacLean &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rrengineer.mike@=
att.net" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><block=
quote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc=
 solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"color:#000;background-color:#ff=
f;font-family:times new roman,new york,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=
=3D"ltr">I have an early two piece dash for my BN2.=C2=A0 I guess it&#39;s =
just to start conversations at Healey meets.=C2=A0 I can hear it now, &quot=
;hey, BN2s didn&#39;t have a two piece dash!&quot;.</div><div dir=3D"ltr">W=
ell my question is what was used between the instrument pod and the dash pa=
nel, or was anything at all used.=C2=A0 I have been told it was just screwe=
d directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl p=
rotective strip kind of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and the=
 overriders.=C2=A0 I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail and Roger M=
oments restoration guide.=C2=A0 They both say what car s had the two piece =
dash, but go into no detail.=C2=A0 Anyone have one of these really early ca=
rs can tell me before I mar the paint on the dash panel?</div><div dir=3D"l=
tr">Mike MacLean</div><div dir=3D"ltr">56 BN2</div><div dir=3D"ltr">60 AN5<=
br></div></div></div></blockquote>
</div></div><br></div></div>_______________________________________________=
<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
eam.net</a><br>
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys" rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
<br>
s/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>
</blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a113d7ba653541b05321c84c5--

--001a113d7ba653542105321c84c7
Content-Disposition: attachment; 
	filename="AH Concours Order Form Jan 2016.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--001a113d7ba653542105321c84c7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--001a113d7ba653542105321c84c7--

---

From: Mike MacLean <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 20:34:45 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5785778253096816441==
 boundary="------------691336A093C6F7C882F14FCA"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------691336A093C6F7C882F14FCA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

That seems to be the consensus Larry. Thanks.

Mike

On 5/5/2016 5:40 AM, Larry Varley wrote:
> at an old sports car wrecker over 40 years ago, yes it should have the 
> U section plastic protector between the instrument pod and the dash 
> panel, mine has.
>
> Regards
>
> Larry Varley
>
>> start conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now, "hey, BN2s 
>> didn't have a two piece dash!".
>> dash panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been told it was 
>> just screwed directly to the dash panel and I have also heard it had 
>> a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind of like the stuff that goes 
>> between the bumper and the overriders.  I have looked in Austin 
>> Healey 100 in Detail and Roger Moments restoration guide.  They both 
>> say what car s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone 
>> have one of these really early cars can tell me before I mar the 
>> paint on the dash panel?
>> Mike MacLean
>> 56 BN2
>> 60 AN5
>>
>>
>> Support Team.Nethttp://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums:http://www.team.net/forums
>>
>> [email-masked]
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>>
>>
>>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]
>

--------------691336A093C6F7C882F14FCA
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>That seems to be the consensus Larry. Thanks.</p>
    <p>Mike<br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/5/2016 5:40 AM, Larry Varley
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
      <p>Hi Mike, I have the later version of the 2 piece dash that I
        picked up at an old sports car wrecker over 40 years ago, yes it
        should have the U section plastic protector between the
        instrument pod and the dash panel, mine has.<br>
      </p>
      <p>Regards</p>
      <p>Larry Varley</p>
      <p><a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
          href="http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/">http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/</a><br>
      </p>
      <br>
      <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/05/2016 6:38 PM, Michael MacLean
        wrote:<br>
      </div>
      <blockquote
        cite="mid:[email-masked]"
        type="cite">
        <div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:times
          new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px">
          <div dir="ltr" id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6153">I
            have an early two piece dash for my BN2.  I guess it's just
            to start conversations at Healey meets.  I can hear it now,
            "hey, BN2s didn't have a two piece dash!".</div>
          <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6303" dir="ltr">Well
            my question is what was used between the instrument pod and
            the dash panel, or was anything at all used.  I have been
            told it was just screwed directly to the dash panel and I
            have also heard it had a plastic/vinyl protective strip kind
            of like the stuff that goes between the bumper and the
            overriders.  I have looked in Austin Healey 100 in Detail
            and Roger Moments restoration guide.  They both say what car
            s had the two piece dash, but go into no detail.  Anyone
            have one of these really early cars can tell me before I mar
            the paint on the dash panel?</div>
          <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6357" dir="ltr">Mike
            MacLean</div>
          <div dir="ltr">56 BN2</div>
          <div id="yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1462437012558_6359" dir="ltr">60
            AN5<br>
          </div>
        </div>
        <br>
        <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
        <br>
        <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        <br>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------691336A093C6F7C882F14FCA--

--===============5785778253096816441==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5785778253096816441==--