Subject: [Healeys] HD8 Carb leaking

From: Achim Spethmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 14:28:32 +0200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------4F8FDB3DE1120F2F4A214672
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello,

You know the good feeling, when you turn the key and the 
fuel pump is clicking to fill the carburetors.

But some days ago, when testing some electrical stuff, I had 
a smell of gas in the garage. No, it's not the float 
chamber. There is no gas coming out the overflow tube and 
the fuel pump stops its work. But when I inspected the carbs 
I saw some wet sparkling a the bottom of the front carb. Not 
much, no dripping, but enough to cause a smell of gas in the 
engine compartment. When the car is hot, you cannot see it, 
the gas is evaporating.

I took the attached photo to show what I mean. Where should 
I begin to find out what causes the leak?

Thanks in advance.

Achim

1964 BJ8 MK III

--------------4F8FDB3DE1120F2F4A214672
 name="IMG_9333S.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="IMG_9333S.jpg"

--------------4F8FDB3DE1120F2F4A214672
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--------------4F8FDB3DE1120F2F4A214672--